Maybelline Expert Eyes Twin Brow & Eye Pencils

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Rhus Succedanea (Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Lanolin, Ozokerite, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Silica, Ceresin, Talc, Synthetic Beeswax, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Zinc Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Butylparaben, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-): CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake)

on 6/8/2008 12:29:00 PM

My brows are a bit sparse (thanks to overplucking in my teens) and have tried these pencils in all the brown shades. They all look way too unnatural on me. I have dark brown hair with a medium complexion (NC35) and all the brown shades made my brows look kinda orangey. So, initially, I was going to give this a bad rating. But then I started reading other reviews and noticed that some brunettes were actually buying the blonde shade. They're really cheap so I figured I'd give it a try too. The blonde shade is more of a neutral taupe so it kind of brightens my brows a bit in a good way. I can apply this heavy handed without the fear of looking like groucho marx and because I'm using alot of product, my brows don't fade. Sometimes I go over the pencil with a little bit of brown brow powder to darken my brows just a bit. It actually lasts the entire day! It looks good with or without the brow powder. So for all you brunettes out there, I'd give this a try in the blonde shade. Definitely don't recommend the brown shades unless you're more on the auburn side. Thanks MUA for this great tip!

on 6/2/2008 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

HA! I'm glad I only paid 89 cents for this at target! It was in the clearance bin. I took a chance, bought this without looking at MUA first. And when I got home I checked the reviews and they were good...for an eyebrow pencil. So it says it can be used as eyeliner, but DON'T. Within 10 minutes it smudges, and in an hour it'll be gone, or dripped into the little creases below your eye (ick). Just warning you people, it's not the best when used as an eyeliner. But as for an eyebrow pencil, I dont know. My eyebrows are plenty thick so i wont be using that anymore...

on 5/7/2008 2:40:00 PM

OH my favorite brow pencil color is going OFF the market! Charcoal. I have been living by that for the last 4 years and they discontinued the color! The dark brown looks nasty and this color is pretty much the only thing that looks natural. Guess I'll be going back to the ever-lasting search of finding a good brow pencil.....

on 5/2/2008 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

HG! HG! HG! I have been using this product for years and it's the best hands down pencil for my brows. Although I am naturally a brunette, I use this product in Blonde. It provides just enough color on my naturally light brows without overpowering my face or making me look harsh. The consistency is awesome - not too soft and it doesn't smudge - stays put all day. It looks natural. I have a panic attack if I'm missing this little red stick from my makeup bag... so cheap too. It's nice to know that you don't have to spend a fortune (at least not all the time) on a product that makes you feel beautiful every day. Maybe it's Maybelline... it definitely is!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

HG for me. This is way, the price is minimal and the quality is just the same as the high end brow pencils. Ive had my brows thick and thin and in between and always used these pencils and I always recieve compliments on my brows. This is easy to get for me, I can easily pick these pencils up at any drugstore or grocery store for that matter. I use Blonde and its the perfect not to warm or too cool taupe tone for my barely there brows. I prefer pencil to powder for brows so this is just right for me. I would not use then as eyeliner and have no idea why they suggest you do so. Also the bright red color on the outside of the pencil helsp me quickly identify it in my stash and make up bag, which is nice when you have as many products as I do. Anyway, cheap...high quality and readily available. The other brown pencil I do like is Revlon Brow Fantasy but the color match is not exact and you pay much more for less product. I've been using these pencils for 9 years and dont see that stopping any time soon.

on 3/9/2008 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff could never work as a decent eyeliner.
It isn't horrible as a browfiller, but it tends to get a little faded and clumpy after a while. I've started using an angled brush and MAC eyesshadow for brow filling, which works better and takes forever to run out of.

on 3/4/2008 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i have both velvet black and dark brown and with the self sharpener i love it!!!!!!!!!!!! its cheap its stays on 4ever ...have used it for 6 or so years..wont buy anything thing else..love love love!! HG for brows.

on 2/19/2008 2:50:00 PM

love it! I have natural dirty blonde hair with blonde brows. I've been using this product in BLONDE for at least five years and get compliments on my brows more often than you'd think you would get on eyebrows. it looks so natural if done with a light hand. the biggest problem people do with a pencil is they use it like its an actual pencil and drag it across in one sweeping motion creating an obvious mark that looks too dark. you have to very lightly stroke it across kinda like a paint brush.. a very soft motion .. good for ranges of brows from white, strawberry blonde, blonde, light brown, brown, dark brown. (have not seen it on very dark brown brows)

on 1/22/2008 5:46:00 PM

Ok, I've been using this product for the last 32 years. I have never been fully satisfied. I have the darkest brown hair possible. My eyebrows are also extremely dark brown. The dark brown and black eyebrow pencil s that are available are both incorrect for me. The dark brown is too light, and the black is too dark. Help! I need to find a better product;.

on 1/11/2008 4:55:00 PM

this was a great product...looked great and i would recomend to others!

Popular Brows Products