December 21, 2014 | 1819 users online

Mascara - Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:56:00 AM More reviews by winterishly

First, I should let you know that I am not a brand ambassador and I've only used this product once. A friend of mine is selling for Younique and let me play with her set of transplant gel and fibers this afternoon. That said! The difference between my usual mascara (Yes, They're Real! by Benefit) and Younique 3D Moodstruck was wonderful! I wore two coats of my Benefit stuff for a few hours (in awful, melty heat), then added one coat of gel, fibers as needed, and finished up with the gel, as directed by my friend.

Altogether, my lashes were darker, thicker and felt much "lighter" than when I wear multiple coats of thickening mascaras. The effect was so full that I might not wear it for daytime, but who knows?! I will buy my own set to give it a proper go. I've posted a photo set on my page to give you a better idea.

ps. I did not curl my lashes before or after the 3D application. ^.~

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by CompletelyMadforMakeup

I sell Younique but I don't care for the products. Actually, I won't be selling them much longer. I don't think that the 3D lashes are anything special. I have maybeline mascara that give me better results for 80% less of the price. The fibers are annoying. I feel like I'm rubbing lint on my lashes. It isn't easy to make it look good either. It comes out looking webby. It takes forever to get it smooth and to make it smooth removes a lot of the fibers hence, defeating the purpose. I've never gotten compliments from my younique mascara but always get compliments from my cheap maybeline mascara. It's a little expensive to buy it just to try it out but to each his own. Some women rave about the product.

16 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by PipHobbs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am going to be one of the first UK reps for Younique when it launches and I have been lucky enough to try the products! Yes the Fiber lash applications can take a few times to master but once done they look amazing!

As for sticking to your maybelline mascaras have you seen the HUGE list of ingredients in them?? Allow time as it will take you a while to read them! Compared to the gel..... That has a fraction of the ingredients! Everyone is different, everyone is unique (excuse the pun) therefore the product may not be suitable for everyone but that does not mean it's a "bad" or "dangerous" product! If you scrutinise every ingredient that is in your beauty products then you really do need to get a life!

Manchester UK rep

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:16:00 AM More reviews by ParksA2014

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow, these reviews swing from one end of the spectrum to the other when really this is an in between product.
First off, I don't sell Younique and I don't hate it. It's just another make up line.
The make up overall is simple yet complicated. You have to know how to apply make up and actually enjoy it. It's not for busy people or people who want to wear one thing and be done (like me).
Good things: the colors are pretty, I like the pressed foundation as well as the concealing powder. They cover well. The pressed foundation feels heavy and I don't like feeling like I'm wearing make up but I have received numerous compliments on it when I wear it saying it looks natural, like my skin. I usually go with the loose concealing powder because it is light and comfortable. I do not wear the pressed powder because I am allergic to it.
I am actually allergic to quite a few younique products. Being all natural does not mean people won't be allergic or sensitive to it. I am allergic to preservatives derived from salicylates. Salicylates are derived from plants. There is not a single make up line out there that doesnt make a product I am allergic to.
Everyone is different. The complaints about the propolyne glycol, while mostly true (some are a little exaggerated) are also unfair as it is used by all skin care companies. Some chemicals and irritants naturally occur in nature and some people will have reactions to some things while others won't.
Now, the mascara. It does not irritate my sensitive but it looks like crap on me. I've only put it in once where it looked great and even then I didn't feel like it extended or thickened my lashes any better than other mascaras. But, when my niece wears it, it's amazing. I've seen it with my own eyes and I think it's incredibly unfair that it doesn't do that to my lashes. So, once again it comes down to varying by individual.
I'd say try it. You might like it, especially if you like playing with make up. If you're busy and need simple, it's not the way to go.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by ntcowgirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a user of younique products and the mother of a presenter, I am a total fan of the product. The 3D lashes when applied properly are awesome and are not clumpy...that only occurs if not applied correctly. I find that 1 or 2 coats are sufficient to get the desired look and actually I don't use a base coat of regular mascara. Very easy to apply, water resistant, and easily washes off with regular makekup remover. My eyelashes are healthier since using this product. Hate false eyelashes and have not found any other mascera that will make your eyes look prettier.
I get a beautiful, enhanced effect with my 3D lashes. Love them!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Andkaatewaslike

First of all, I am *now* a younique rep but I wasn't when I got the mascara. I became a rep because I really loved the product THAT much. It's funny how nasty people are towards products being sold by other women as opposed to big brands. I've tried a million products I didn't care for and not once have I written a downright MEAN review or said that it was a "scam." There's a 14 day guarantee so you're not wasting money even if you DO hate it. Everyone in the world has different eyes. Some people might be bothered by this, some won't. I've used plenty of non fiber, brand name and drug store mascaras that have left me with red, watery, sore eyes. It just happens sometimes. Personally, I think if your lashes look clumpy or spidery, it's user error. Even some reps are guilty of that! It's a leaning curve. Like I tell my customers, this stuff is meant to replace false lashes. Even if it takes a little extra time, it's still more efficient and cost effective than falsies. And, in my opinion, WAY less irritating. If I get a fiber in my eye, it waters for a second and makes it's way out. When I wear false lashes, I'm uncomfortable ALL DAY! As far as propylene glycol is concerned, it's much safer than most chemicals used in cosmetics. It's considered food safe by the FDA and is probably in half the toiletries you own. It can be linked to increased reaction in people with sensitive skin or eczema, however as someone with sensitive skin, I can tell you that MOST things are linked to increased reaction in sensitive skin. If you aren't comfortable with it, by all means, don't buy it! But there's really nothing dangerous about propylene glycol, especially in such small amounts. Compare it to the main ingredients in your drug store mascara and see how it stacks up then... Bottom line, I love the mascara and I would whether I was a presenter or not.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by cat1018

FIRST, YOUNIQUE REPS DO NOT BULLY ME, IM AN HONEST REVIEWER AND UNLIKE YOU HAVE NO DOGS IN THE RACE.

with that said the reviewers here are right propylene glycol can be dangerous not for everyone, but alot as it is know to cause problems.The company claims all natural but it is not at least the transplant gel.yes the chemical is in other products so does that make it ok. ?

The fibers fall off while wearing and my eye were itchy much like a reaction from eyelash growth serums.

As far as length or volume yes it will give you that but so will other fiber mascaras or base coats.

The look was more tarantula like than anything , there really is a lot of steps, your own mascara, gel, fibers, gel again. Seriously a waste of time.

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by CPaola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was surprised I liked this as I expected my lashes to be clumpy and spidery like the photos I always see. I was given a free sample and did a review for a friendly rep. After the first coat I didn't notice much of a difference but on the second coat my lashes were noticeably longer & fuller! I won't wear it every day, but it's my go-to for special occasions. Easy to take off, but you need to take care in applying it, & follow the directions accordingly.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 7:06:00 AM More reviews by sweetlikechoco

Didn't like Younique's 3D fiber lashes and I don't like Younique reps either.

I took a comparison photo of my eyes with Younique and another mascara. Younique gave me a bit of length but not much volume whatsoever. Anyway, I wore Youniqe for a whole day and my eye kinda felt like they were burning? I wasn't sure if it was the mascara or just my eye but it was only one eye with the Younique product on. The other eye with the other mascara was perfectly fine. I did my research and found out propylene glycol is a toxic ingredient which isn't suitable for those with sensitive eyes. Anyway, I got attacked by a whole bunch of Younique reps accusing me of lying. Why would I lie?? I'm an actual customer giving my feedback to others thinking it'd help them.

That got me fired up. So I made a video review/product comparison to prove how much Younique actually sucks. Again, they're disliking my video and leaving negative comments like saying "bullshit" etc etc. They have nothing to back up their claims about their competitor's product. They said the mascara (I compared Younique's with) burned their eyes but there's no toxic ingredient that says that. The mascara only has a few ingredients and Younique contains them all and includes more ingredients. I did more research on the people that commented. Yep, they're Younique representatives. Of course they are. So annoying.

I'm actually really surprised by the review by icestars (below) too because she is absolutely right!!! Wow. The world needs more smarter girls like her.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by AmberMardina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love it for special occasions, but it's not worth it for every day wear. I don't have that kind of time. If you really want to try this, do yourself a favor and just pick up Essence Lash Powder from Ulta. It's just the fibers, so you'll need to apply a more liquidy mascara (maybe even a clear one, like the brow gel), apply the fibers, then cover with mascara. The only thing Younique has over Essence is the packaging. The Essence packaging is really annoying.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No