Younique 3D Fiber Lashes Mascara Set

3.4

on 1/4/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've always loved the look of false lashes, but hate applying them, when I heard about this product I thought I would give it a go and have loved it straightaway. I find it easy to apply and easy to remove, I have actually gone to bed with it on and woken up with perfect lashes - have now recommended it to my friends and will buy again.

on 12/31/2014 7:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This product is just not good. The first time I used it I only had it on for a few hours and the applicators were all clean and untouched and so I thought it was an incredible product. Second time and every time after that though was a disaster. The fibres would get all caught in the gel and so my lashes would look super clumpy. On top of that, about 3 hours into wearing the fibres, all of the fibres have migrated down to my cheeks which is not cute. I definitely don't recommend this product.

on 12/29/2014 12:10:00 PM

I AM a presenter for Younique but I am NOT listing any info here to try to sell products. I'm leaving a review because I think so many of you must be using this product incorrectly. I'm a mascara fanatic. I have used it ALL from Jordana to Dior. When I was invited to a Younique party, I hesitated to buy the mascara but figured I may as well try it, considering I've tried everything else. It took me a couple of weeks to get used to it, but as soon as I did, my friends starting asking about it and I signed up to be a Presenter. Here are some tips. Use a LIGHT mascara first. Immediately after, apply the Transplanting gel, focusing only on the tips of lashes. Immediately after that, apply the Fibers (also focusing on the tips) by rolling the brush while applying onto the lashes. Let this dry for 45 seconds. Use a lash comb/brush at this point. It makes a HUGE difference. Now you apply the Transplanting gel again (lightly.) Let this dry for 45 seconds. You're done, unless you want to do more than one coat, in which you need to start over again with applying another coat of transplanting gel immediately followed by the fibers. If you apply too many fibers, they will fall on your cheek and get into your eye. That will also happen if you don't seal them properly. I promise mine don't ever look clumpy and it doesn't take me longer than 4 minutes. You have to apply sparingly, let dry between coats and use a lash comb!

Not good
After watching a video of someone using this I wanted to try it out myself. Personally, the mascara made no difference on my eyelashes than any other normal mascara even though they're quite thin and light brown. The fibres are incredibly irritating and it was hours before there weren't any in my eyes, it felt like there were more on my face and in my eyes than on my lashes. I would not recommend this it's ridiculously overpriced and no better than any other brand, the best thing about this product is that it's easy to get off!

This mascara is incredible. It really, really works and if you're looking for that false lash look without having to glue on false lashes, you need to give the 3D Fibre Lashes a try. It's perfect for anyone in the theatre industry, modeling industry, or if you suffer from lack of lashes. I happen to have naturally thick, long lashes, but this was given to me as a gift and even with my decent lashes, this stuff made a HUGE difference.

The only complaint I have is that it's time consuming to apply, but if you're okay with spending an extra 10 minutes on your makeup, then that shouldn't be an issue for you. Yes, the price is hefty, but it's the same as buying any name brand mascara, so if that's your preference, cost shouldn't deter you from this.

Seriously, it really provides the most incredible results. Not clumpy at all and I can gurantee you that people will be asking you if you're wearing false lashes. It's unreal. A total game changer and an overall brilliant product. Bonus: The packaging is fantastic for stuffing in your purse or carry-on for travel because it actually is it's own little carrying case.

on 12/19/2014 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Price is decent. Love the packaging, the cute case it comes in. And I adore the mascara itself. The application can be a bit tedious and annoying. You have to make sure not to use to much fibers (I gently and quickly tap the fiber on once) and you need to keep switching tubes to use the gel, then the fibers, then again the gel. It's definitely worth the result though! Long, gorgeous lashes, that almost seem like fake lashes.

on 12/18/2014 6:19:00 AM

Love it! I have tried every mascara out there and this is the only thing that really works for me for long and thick lashes. Can't imagine why anyone would not like it.

on 12/15/2014 8:48:00 PM

I can't even express how much I dislike this mascara!! There is positively NOTHING that I like about it!!! If you are looking for Tammy Faye Bakker lashes that resemble huge, thick spider legs around your eyes, then THIS is for YOU! Lol! I got advice from the company on how to apply it, as well as YouTube tutorials, and I finally got a semi decent look, but the stay-ability is horrendous!!! I had it on for an evening out, and when I got back home (about 3 hours later) there was aweful smudgy residue and fiber under my eyes--soooo pretty! NOT!!! I will give them this- when I did achieve a non-spidery look, they were definitely long and pretty, but it just didn't last on me. (I don't touch my eyes either.) Oh well, at least I gave it several months of trial before deciding to post my negative review. PS- I want to add that in the picture displayed above of the 'before' and 'after' eyes, the BEFORE eyes look WAYYYY better in my opinion!! The after eyes (on the left) look clumpy! Yuck! (ANd that's exactly what you get with this stuff.) Take notice of the most beautiful actresses on TV when they do a close-up...you don't see big clumpy lashes, you see natural looking ones that barely look like they have mascara on them. Good thing to make a mental note of I believe....

on 12/13/2014 4:05:00 PM

The fibers fell out into my eyes and under my eyes . I tired it twice used it as directed .

on 12/12/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This the best thing you can ever buy with money if you have thin straight lashes like me. I was always not comfortable with how thin and straight my eyelashes look. I have tried many mascaras ranging from the very famous great lash to benefits they're real which is everyone's favourite. I was quite satisfied by they're real but just felt like it might be a bit too wet so I turned back to drugstores mascaras. They are nice but there is nothing that can give really give me great length. I was fascinated by this cool mascara and decided to purchase this despite its horribly high price. But it proved to me that it worths every penny.
The fibres make my eyelashes almost a time longer and 2 times thicker. It is even longer than falsies! I have the most average eyelashes in the entire world and they cannot hold a curl without a heated eyelash curler. Everyone complains about the fallout but that can happen with any eyeshadow. The gel is made to be clumpy/sticky or the fibres would not be able to adhere on it, so if that's a problem for you, just brush with a lash comb! The only people who hate it are those who apply it wrongly.
The correct procedures are as follows:
Curl your eyelashes with an eyelash curler. Blow dry the curler to heat it up for 5 to 7 seconds if needed.
Apply a thin coat of waterproof mascara and let it dry completely. This is what keeps the curl up.
Apply a normal coat of transplanting gel one eye only very quickly and immediately brush on the fibres or the tea planting gel would not be sticky enough for the fibres to adhere on it.
Wait until the transplanting gel is completely dry and the fibres complete adhered, then apply a thin coat of transplanting gel to seal the fibres in.
If you want a more dramatic result, apply a regular coat of gel instead of a thin one so you can repeat sticking the fibres on.
Anything more than 2 coats is extremely clumpy and impossible to separate.
pros:
Very beautiful eyelashes
Nice packaging
Cons:
Can be tricky and clumpy
Slight fall off fibres
Can smudge if you have oily eyelids
Can weight down the curl if the gel is too thick
If you are new to mascara,do not use this until you have "mastered" all the mascara techniques because as a frequent mascara user I found it tricky the first time I used it.
Do not use this if you have very sensitive eyes.
The only reason I took away one star is that it can be quite clumpy.
Overal this is amazing and suitable for everyone:)
I know I'm not meant to be promoting any product but just want to save everyone's life before buying this. I recently discovered and tried a dupe for this mascara and it is almost the same, but about one third/ half the price. It's called the love alpha mascara and has a gold/black leopard print on it. If you live in the uk, you can buy this set from ebay for 4.89 (no box) and around 6 to 7 if you want it with the box (both with free first class delivery). If one of the running out, you can buy them separately.
For those in America you can buy this for $13 online.
I really hope that those girls with frustrating eyelashes like mine can discover this and i promise you will not regret.
Honest words from a 16 year old who loves makeup