Nizoral AD Shampoo

4.4

Active Ingredients: Contains: Ketoconazole (1 %) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate, Glycol Distearate, Acrylic Acid Polymer (Carbomer 1342), Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Quaternium 15, Polyquaternium 7, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrochloric Acid, FD&C Blue 1 6/14/09

on 9/9/2006 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have psoriasis and everything I used up to now didn't work. Even dermatoligists prescriptions. But when I bought Nizoral over the counter version, it worked like a charm. What a difference, no more flakes or irritation. I highly recommend this.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I must begin by saying that for a long time, I tried to get away with using other dandruff shampoos that were less costly such as neutrogena t-gel and head and shoulders per the recommendation of friends. With these products, I never saw results that lasted the way I have seen them with nizoral. It is the ONLY product that has eliminated my dry scalp. Before, my routine in the shower would include lathering with normal and dandruff shampoos a total of maybe ten times and flakes would still manage to reappear. Now, it is not necessary to scrub so hard or as many times, although I do recommend using a moisturizing shampoo in conjuction with this product. Though this product is on the pricey side, it is the only one that provides dry scalp/flake relief for me.

on 4/15/2006 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The only thing that works

on 4/7/2006 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

about nizoral, well i tried it the first time a few months ago! it realy work`s . after 6 times using it, i saw great results... new i begin again with nizoral, because on the instructions it ses to be used 2-4 week`s (then a short brake) i hope you understand my not so good english, but i`m from romania

on 4/4/2006 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried every anti-dandruff ever made. While I was having acne treatment my dermatologist suggested this shampoo to help with the persistant dandruff. It's the best anti-dandruff shampoo I have used. It's hugely expensive so for a while I tried other brands without success, now I exclusively use Nizoral. It's a shame it only comes in such a small bottle though. I find it's easier to get through my hair if I use my regular shampoo first, then Nizoral and then condtioner. The instructions say to leave it on for about 5 minutes but I leave it on for about 10 minutes while I do other shower activities with no ill effects.

on 2/21/2006 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dreadlocks and I cannot even tall you how valuable this stuff is. Its AMAZING as i get intense itchies from time to time. This ELIMINATES ALL flakes also its unbelivable. I would buy this if it cost 90375289y67 dollars its such an amazing shampoo!!! i wish it came in a bigger bottle though

on 1/22/2006 6:40:00 PM

I don't use this for dandruff, I use this for acne. When I was 18 I had little bumps all over my forehead and the dermatologist told me it was caused by the same fungus that causes dandruff. She told me to wash my hairline with it (i.e. the hair above the forehead) and my forehead/face and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. Although those little bumps are long gone I still use this if my face is particularly irratated - it's fantastic. Often overnight I see results. A great acne treatment!

on 1/16/2006 3:36:00 PM

Unlike the poster below, dandruff isn't caused by too many chemicals. I have excema and psoriasis that will occasionally flair up on my scalp. I get itchy and then the flakes and scaling start. I use the Nizoral at the first signs and repeat 1 or 2 times over the week ( I wash my hair every other day).

This stuff works great. Stops the itching and improves the flaking and scaling with the first wash.

I follow up with a bit of my regular conditioner.

on 11/19/2005 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The ultimate in dandruff elimination! This is the only thing that worked on my boyfriend's flaky oily scalp. Within 3 days his dandruff was GONE and his scalp had cleared up and became less oily. And, even though this is gross I'm going to mention it now- he has no more 'scalp odor'. You know what I mean... its that 'dirty hair' smell that some people have at the end of the day even though they have washed their hair that morning. That smell is completely gone! He uses this shamp every few days now to keep the flakes away, and they have not come back.

on 9/28/2005 5:32:00 AM

THANK GOD i found this stuff! My scalp itchiness was driving me crazy,I'd be lying in bed at night willing myself not to scratch! From the very first time the itchiness was relieved and now I have no scalp problems.You dont even have to use it much to be effective,this is the only product that works for me and I tried heaps of them.GREAT product.