April 20, 2014 | 1444 users online

Shampoo - Nizoral AD Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Jezzrbelle88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The ultimate in dandruff elimination! This is the only thing that worked on my boyfriend's flaky oily scalp. Within 3 days his dandruff was GONE and his scalp had cleared up and became less oily. And, even though this is gross I'm going to mention it now- he has no more 'scalp odor'. You know what I mean... its that 'dirty hair' smell that some people have at the end of the day even though they have washed their hair that morning. That smell is completely gone! He uses this shamp every few days now to keep the flakes away, and they have not come back.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2005 5:32:00 AM More reviews by saffrony

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THANK GOD i found this stuff! My scalp itchiness was driving me crazy,I'd be lying in bed at night willing myself not to scratch! From the very first time the itchiness was relieved and now I have no scalp problems.You dont even have to use it much to be effective,this is the only product that works for me and I tried heaps of them.GREAT product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2005 3:34:00 PM More reviews by auras

It's the only shampoo that gets me rid of the huge flakes and itch I get once in a while. I leave it in for 5 minutes before rincing, Neutrogena T-Gel never helped, nor did Selsun blue. I'm careful never to run out of this miracle poo, even though I (thankfully) use it seldom.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by outsider_55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you suffer from dandruff or psoriasis, I highly recommend Nizoral. My scalp psoriasis used to be severe and extremely embarrasing until I found this product. Now, I hardly ever have to think about the condition of my scalp. I shampoo with this twice a week and use a gentle shampoo on the other days. My only suggestion is that you leave it on your scalp a couple minutes before rinsing. I get better results that way. Give it a try. I hope you find relief like I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2005 11:44:00 AM More reviews by booblik

Nizoral is the BEST!!! I've tried salon brands for my extreme dandruff (my flakes around the face were huge and looked like crust - yuk!) but this was the only thing that worked long-term. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 10:07:00 AM More reviews by adams

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nizoral is a MIRACLE product!!! I'd give it 10 lippies if I could. I've tried everything on the market. This really works as a real cure and is worth every cent.

I recommend following it up with a good conditioner, and it you have a reaction, wash your hair in the sink or tub so you don't get it on your skin. I've NEVER had any irratation whatsoever with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2004 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ratmist

I had some dandruff and used this product on the advice of the chemist at my local shop. I used it as directed for less than two weeks, and began to notice patches of irritated, blotchy skin on my elbows and inner arms. I immediately stopped using the product, but it was too late; my arms, legs, face, torso, and scalp suddenly became completely inflamed with the worst rash I have ever seen or experienced.

Anywhere that had touched the lather, which was ironically quite fluffy and pleasing, broke out into a rash. I have never in my entire life been in so much pain or misery. It took over two months for the rash to recede, and only after many visits to the doctor for mega-antihistamines and cremes. I even had to use hydrocortisone creme on my face - something normally patently not recommended because it thins out the skin - on multiple doctors' orders.

I absolutely do not recommend this product to anyone with even slightly sensitive skin, or anyone with skin allergies.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2004 10:30:00 AM More reviews by sharopooks

I remember several years ago, I used prescription strength Nizoral with much success, but found this OTC version ineffective. I just gave this another shot and it's still ineffective. Maybe I'm weird, but I found that Garnier Anti-Dandruff, imperfect as it is, worked better on me than this stuff; at least the Garnier somewhat controlled my flakes if it didn't eliminate them. This did nothing. I'm happy so many MUAers have had success with this but thumbs down for me. Perhaps I should see a dermatologist or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2004 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Laurin

Nizoral AD works great for me also! I have tried just about every other dandruff remedy. And they all work, to an extent. But they all smell AWFUL! Not this one. It smells like a normal shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2004 9:20:00 PM More reviews by jonz

After trying what seemed like every product on the market for dandruff or dry flakey scalp for years this is the only product that has ever worked for me. I use a good conditioner after using it though because it can dry my hair our a bit.

It may depend upon the cause of your scalp problem whether it works for you or not... worked great for me but didn't work for a relative.