October 2, 2014 | 1838 users online

Shampoo - Nizoral AD Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2006 6:10:00 PM More reviews by coolbeans222

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dreadlocks and I cannot even tall you how valuable this stuff is. Its AMAZING as i get intense itchies from time to time. This ELIMINATES ALL flakes also its unbelivable. I would buy this if it cost 90375289y67 dollars its such an amazing shampoo!!! i wish it came in a bigger bottle though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Shmabby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't use this for dandruff, I use this for acne. When I was 18 I had little bumps all over my forehead and the dermatologist told me it was caused by the same fungus that causes dandruff. She told me to wash my hairline with it (i.e. the hair above the forehead) and my forehead/face and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. Although those little bumps are long gone I still use this if my face is particularly irratated - it's fantastic. Often overnight I see results. A great acne treatment!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2006 3:36:00 PM More reviews by michele1145

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unlike the poster below, dandruff isn't caused by too many chemicals. I have excema and psoriasis that will occasionally flair up on my scalp. I get itchy and then the flakes and scaling start. I use the Nizoral at the first signs and repeat 1 or 2 times over the week ( I wash my hair every other day).

This stuff works great. Stops the itching and improves the flaking and scaling with the first wash.

I follow up with a bit of my regular conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Jezzrbelle88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The ultimate in dandruff elimination! This is the only thing that worked on my boyfriend's flaky oily scalp. Within 3 days his dandruff was GONE and his scalp had cleared up and became less oily. And, even though this is gross I'm going to mention it now- he has no more 'scalp odor'. You know what I mean... its that 'dirty hair' smell that some people have at the end of the day even though they have washed their hair that morning. That smell is completely gone! He uses this shamp every few days now to keep the flakes away, and they have not come back.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2005 5:32:00 AM More reviews by saffrony

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THANK GOD i found this stuff! My scalp itchiness was driving me crazy,I'd be lying in bed at night willing myself not to scratch! From the very first time the itchiness was relieved and now I have no scalp problems.You dont even have to use it much to be effective,this is the only product that works for me and I tried heaps of them.GREAT product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2005 3:34:00 PM More reviews by auras

It's the only shampoo that gets me rid of the huge flakes and itch I get once in a while. I leave it in for 5 minutes before rincing, Neutrogena T-Gel never helped, nor did Selsun blue. I'm careful never to run out of this miracle poo, even though I (thankfully) use it seldom.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2005 11:49:00 PM More reviews by outsider_55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If you suffer from dandruff or psoriasis, I highly recommend Nizoral. My scalp psoriasis used to be severe and extremely embarrasing until I found this product. Now, I hardly ever have to think about the condition of my scalp. I shampoo with this twice a week and use a gentle shampoo on the other days. My only suggestion is that you leave it on your scalp a couple minutes before rinsing. I get better results that way. Give it a try. I hope you find relief like I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2005 11:44:00 AM More reviews by booblik

Nizoral is the BEST!!! I've tried salon brands for my extreme dandruff (my flakes around the face were huge and looked like crust - yuk!) but this was the only thing that worked long-term. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2005 10:07:00 AM More reviews by adams

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nizoral is a MIRACLE product!!! I'd give it 10 lippies if I could. I've tried everything on the market. This really works as a real cure and is worth every cent.

I recommend following it up with a good conditioner, and it you have a reaction, wash your hair in the sink or tub so you don't get it on your skin. I've NEVER had any irratation whatsoever with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2004 3:56:00 PM More reviews by ratmist

I had some dandruff and used this product on the advice of the chemist at my local shop. I used it as directed for less than two weeks, and began to notice patches of irritated, blotchy skin on my elbows and inner arms. I immediately stopped using the product, but it was too late; my arms, legs, face, torso, and scalp suddenly became completely inflamed with the worst rash I have ever seen or experienced.

Anywhere that had touched the lather, which was ironically quite fluffy and pleasing, broke out into a rash. I have never in my entire life been in so much pain or misery. It took over two months for the rash to recede, and only after many visits to the doctor for mega-antihistamines and cremes. I even had to use hydrocortisone creme on my face - something normally patently not recommended because it thins out the skin - on multiple doctors' orders.

I absolutely do not recommend this product to anyone with even slightly sensitive skin, or anyone with skin allergies.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No