NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

on 7/24/2014 1:20:00 PM

I had given up lip glosses for a long time. I hated the formula and most of the time it dried out my lips, but NYX butter gloss is the perfect lip gloss. I got two free in an Ipsy bag in eclair. I love topping off my lip stain balms throughout the day with the lip gloss. Maybe strange but since I have very dry lips I put on some lip balm before the lip gloss. I will definitely repurchase but I currently have 4 lip balms already. I hope they still are making them when I get around to buying more. I took one lippie off for the fact that I have to wipe off a bit of gloss on the side of the tube before applying because too much is dispensed. Great gloss with lip balm to use to liven up the color from the morning and moisturize lips. I don't like carrying lip colors that can melt in my purse so this gloss is the perfect alternative.

on 7/22/2014 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I Have this in shade creme brle.
I love this so much! I am very fussy with lip products (as a girl with over 200 lip balms. Yes. I know.) this is amazing!
It moisturises and just glides on your lips while giving a subtle colour which is perfect for everyday as I'm not a bright lip kind of girl (well, for everyday business that is).
They also smell amazing, like vanilla cupcakes!

I will definitely be repurchasing these in more colours and can't wait to try more!

on 7/21/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pretty great lip gloss with a variety of colors. No stickiness or dryness from this gloss. The only thing is that for darker skin tones this gloss is not true to color. Many of the shades just appeared as a bright pink on me despite the outer packaging, so keep that in mind.

on 7/21/2014 5:35:00 PM

I agree with most of what has been said already, but I would like to also add that I have naturally large & wrinkly lips (it's genetic I guess) and this gloss is one of few that doesn't settle into the lines and appears extremely flattering.

The only downfall is that the shades are somewhat deceptive (Apple Streudal, for example, does not show up coral on me but baby pink). I also think a lot of the variations of pink (nearly the whole lot of them) end up looking nearly identical when worn. Creme Brle is my favorite thus far, I look forward to trying the red shades!

on 7/21/2014 4:48:00 PM

I adore these!!! I own three and they are fabulous. The scent is perfect, they feel so smooth. Definitely recommend.

on 7/20/2014 1:32:00 PM

These are so beautiful and smell so amazing!!! I have 6 and I love them all so much

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a nice product. Not too expensive (I don't think a lip gloss should be), but not the most luxurious packaging either. Well, you get what you pay for. It feels very pleasant and wears well on the lips.

Crme Brulee is a beautiful nude that is friendly on my skin tone, while still being nude and not pink or pink-nude (hard to find a nude that looks natural on cool toned skin). I am very pleased, wear this overtop many lipsticks and lip liners to mute their color, and would purchase again. Might replace my favorite nude lip gloss, MAC Boy Bait, especially for the price.

on 7/18/2014 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The best, and I mean THE BEST, pigmented lip gloss out there. It's only 5 dollars so it isn't expensive. You don't know how many lip glosses I have been through looking for a good balance of color and gloss which didn't make my lips feel sticky or dry. I bought the color creme brûlée and it is the perfect soft pink/nude I have ever tried. Definitely going back to buy the other colors.

on 7/18/2014 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! I think this is one of the best formulas i have ever used. They are so moisturizing and buttery. They dont have a sticky feeling to them. My favorite is apple strudel.

on 7/18/2014 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Just got this gloss today and LOVE it. There was a special deal on Amazon for a 3-pac, so I got apple strudel, eclair, and cherry pie. The colors are gorgeous. I have very pigmented lips so I was afraid the colors wouldn't make that much of a difference, but they did! Neat application and has a nice, smooth texture. My favorite would have to be apple strudel, a peachy pink, but I love them all! It has a very glossy finish, but it looks so polished and kissable! Extremely happy with this and would definitely buy again. 5/5
UPDATE: I ate a popsicle and this gloss stayed on perfectly. WOW.

Video Reviews & Tutorials