October 26, 2014 | 1244 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by tagme87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these glosses. I have a couple different colors (Crème Brulee, Tiramisu, Angel Food Cake, Peaches and Cream, and Red Velvet) and like them all equally. They have a light, sweet vanilla scent and feel very light and silky on the lips. My lips feel very moisturized after application and the feeling hangs around for a while after the color wears off. The wand applicator tip gives pretty even application, but needs to be handled very carefully with the darker shades to ensure a precise application. Color payoff is decent--some colors are definitely more sheer than others, but I think in a good way. I feel like the sheerness of some of the lighter colors (like Crème Brulee) makes them very wearable and natural. They are not very long-lasting, but for $4.99/each (and often on sale BOGO 50% + coupon at Ulta) I can't really complain. I am on my second tube of Crème Brulee and plan on purchasing more shades in the future since the formula works so well for me. The shade selection is also quite generous and has a good mix of neutrals, bright colors, lights, and darks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by handfulofgoo

I have this in the shade Tiramisu and I'm on my second tube of it! Once the first tube finished I realized how HG this was and decided I had to repurchase. I guess Tiramisu isn't one of the popular shades because I don't hear a lot of people talk about it but it's the most perfect mauve sort of pink. The website does not describe this shade well at all because it most definitely is not "brown"! Anyway, the texture of these is unbelievable ..so comfortable to wear, not sticky or tacky. They feel to me like a lip balm with extra slipperiness. And they also smell like cake, which is quite pleasant. I think this is something everyone should have when they want the glamour of shine that lipgloss gives. Also, this could be a great starting point for people who aren't used to or don't like the feel of lipgloss on their lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by MSmith99

I have the shade vanilla cream pie. It is your standard blue based pink. What I like about the gloss is that it smells good (like cake or something, I can't quite put my finger on it) the consistency is nice (actually feels like butter on the lips!), the applicator applies a nice amount, the colour is gorgeous, it's cheap (for an Australian price) and the colour range is extensive! However, I do happen to suffer from my hair sticking to my gloss, and the lasting power is not the greatest. I don't really wear this to school a lot as I feel like I have to retouch my lipgloss every hour or so, I suppose it doesn't last too long because the butteriness makes it melt into your lips. Will repurchase though, as I've been eyeing a few (okay, definitely more than a few!) more colours in the range!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by annalea

NYX is hard to find in my area but I tracked these down around mothers day and ended up picking up 4 shades. They had a mothers-day-package with a red, peach and light pink, and then they also had one sold individually that was a purpled pink. I paid $14 for the set of 3, and around $5 for the single. I love all of them. The closest thing I can compare them to is MAC's Creamsheen lipgloss, which are my favorite glosses.
For me, if I want full impact color I will go for a lipstick, so the color pay-off (or lack there of) is not a huge deal for me. The red did have quite a bit of color for a gloss but was still very wearable and appropriate for daytime wear. The rest of the colors were lightly-tinted, but enough color for me personally.
I find they wear best layered over a coat of my Nivea lip-balm (it probably sheers them out ever more) but I can throw them on my bare lips without any problems.
Anyways, these are my new go-to lip products. I keep most of them in my purse because they are easy, cheap and moisturizing on the lip.
They smell better then Creamsheens and are a fraction of the price! These are a no brainer in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

Not sticky, beautiful colours, nice smell, the color of the packaging actually match the color of the product, nice finish, affordable, great alone and great on top of a lipstick. Apple Strudel is my fave.

But I lasted only 30 minutes on my lips, maximum, before it was completely gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by pinkykathy

This is incredibly good for 5$ lip gloss. The formula is great!!! not sticky, smooth, last pretty long. I have one in Eclair, really gorgeous pink color that goes well with any type of skin tone. Highly recommend!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Heyheytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I brought one- wore it twice- went back and brought five more colours!!!!! You really can't go wrong with these! The colours are so flattering they apply smooth and are far from sticky or uncomfortable on the lips. I don't see how you could really buy the wrong colour they just give the impression of the of juicy glossy full healthy coloured lips with a respectable colour pay off I will repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else says, these are mostly MLBB shades, although a few seem to be bolder. They have cute names andare on sale at Ulta frequently for BOGO 50 percent off. For this reason, they are usually sold out/low on their Butter Glosses (at least at mine), so call before you go. This reminds me of the Bonne Bell products from the 80/90's, but for grownups too and not just teens. This is not a must have, but a cheap way to have some fun with your makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can not complain about this lip butter. It's so light that I forget that on wearing lip gloss. I'm use to the stickiness of gloss. This is not sticky at all. Also you can pair with lipstick with as the tackiness. The smell of this lip butter is indulging. I can't imagine who could complain about the smell. It smell awesome. I only have one color in angel food cake. I'm going to get more colors later. I will be sticking to the lipgloss because it's lightweight. Also this lipbutter has a beautiful sheen. It cost me 4.99 plus tax at my local beauty supply store. I will repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by dashing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this gloss, I have Peaches & Cream, a pink coral color, and Vanilla Cream Pie, a natural pink. Both moisturizing, color is sheer but noticeable, no comment on scent because I can't smell things. I definitely want to try others, but shades appear different than the display, they all look pastel, except for the red one, my lips are very pigmented and I'm not sure they all will wear well against my tan skin. But, they're so inexpensive I don't mind buying them, will definitely buy others based on the other descriptions (thanks MakeupAlley!)