NYX Butter Gloss

4.5

Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Beeswax, Ceresin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polyethylene, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragran May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), D&C Red 6 Na Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Ca Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 28 Al Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake (CI 15985:1), FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake (CI 19140:1).

Love this! I have 2 of them, one in the color Tiramisu and the other one in the color Eclair. This is my favorite lip gloss since its not sticky, and surprisingly not TOO glossy. Its still glossy but more like a natural gloss. Price is also very cheap. This gloss is also very moisturizing, so you don't need to worry if you forgot to put on a lip balm before. Packaging is very simple, just like any other lip glosses, but this one looks cute tho. The only cons is probably the color doesn't stays on really long so you'll need to reapply after a few minutes/hours. I don't really mind since this is a lip gloss tho.. if you want a lip color that stays on long i recommend to use NYX's Soft Matte Lip Cream. Overall, this product is really nice, definitely one of my favorite makeup product ever! Will DEFINITELY repurchase!

on 7/26/2014 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite lip gloss. I only own two colors but I plan to buy more very soon. This feels nice on my lips and I am pleased that it is not too sticky. After a few minutes it almost feels like a lip butter balm.

I put this lip gloss (Apple Strudel) up to a test tonight while attending a dinner party. It did a pretty decent job at lasting through many sips of my drink, a meal, and dessert. After dessert it did not look freshly applied but it still looked okay enough with a little bit of color and a touch of gloss. I did apply my Apple Strudel again after dessert just because I wanted to add more color and shine to make it look freshly applied.

The price is really good so I don’t want to complain too much about the packaging because all that matters is how the gloss performs and looks. However if the glosses really sell well enough then I hope they improve the packaging. I would prefer it to be see through so I can see the actual color of the gloss inside and to know how much is left. I am very upset that it is not sealed closed with a wrapper and for that reason alone I put off buying it for a very long time.

The two colors I own are Apple Strudel and Crème Brulee. Both colors are perfect for daily use. I think my favorite is Apple Strudel which appears as a light peachy pink color. Crème Brulee is a very natural nude pink on my lips which is perfect for a "no makeup" look or when I have lots of dark eye makeup on. The fragrance of my Apple Strudel smells so good! I am disappointed that my Crème Brulee does not have that nice vanilla cake like smell so I hope I didn't get a bad one.

I am happy I finally tried the Nxy Butter Gloss and I can't wait to buy more colors soon!

on 7/25/2014 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best lipgloss I have ever used. I have about six shades now and love them all. My favorites are Apple Strudel, Tiramisu and Angel Food Cake. They are beautifully pigmented, easy to apply, and not sticky at all! Also, they smell like CAKE! I don't even use my go-to MAC glosses ever since discovering these.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have the colour 'apple strudel'. It's a very subtle natural pink colour. I like this because it adds enough colour to brighten up my face, but not too much that it draws attention to my lips. The texture is very creamy/buttery, rather than sticky and liquidy like most glosses.

on 7/24/2014 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Doesn't last as long as would like, but I am in love with the texture and the look! Eclair is by far my favorite I wear it for nearly every occasion!

on 7/24/2014 1:20:00 PM

I had given up lip glosses for a long time. I hated the formula and most of the time it dried out my lips, but NYX butter gloss is the perfect lip gloss. I got two free in an Ipsy bag in eclair. I love topping off my lip stain balms throughout the day with the lip gloss. Maybe strange but since I have very dry lips I put on some lip balm before the lip gloss. I will definitely repurchase but I currently have 4 lip balms already. I hope they still are making them when I get around to buying more. I took one lippie off for the fact that I have to wipe off a bit of gloss on the side of the tube before applying because too much is dispensed. Great gloss with lip balm to use to liven up the color from the morning and moisturize lips. I don't like carrying lip colors that can melt in my purse so this gloss is the perfect alternative.

on 7/22/2014 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I Have this in shade creme brûlée.
I love this so much! I am very fussy with lip products (as a girl with over 200 lip balms. Yes. I know.) this is amazing!
It moisturises and just glides on your lips while giving a subtle colour which is perfect for everyday as I'm not a bright lip kind of girl (well, for everyday business that is).
They also smell amazing, like vanilla cupcakes!

I will definitely be repurchasing these in more colours and can't wait to try more!

on 7/21/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pretty great lip gloss with a variety of colors. No stickiness or dryness from this gloss. The only thing is that for darker skin tones this gloss is not true to color. Many of the shades just appeared as a bright pink on me despite the outer packaging, so keep that in mind.

on 7/21/2014 5:35:00 PM

I agree with most of what has been said already, but I would like to also add that I have naturally large & wrinkly lips (it's genetic I guess) and this gloss is one of few that doesn't settle into the lines and appears extremely flattering.

The only downfall is that the shades are somewhat deceptive (Apple Streudal, for example, does not show up coral on me but baby pink). I also think a lot of the variations of pink (nearly the whole lot of them) end up looking nearly identical when worn. Creme Brûlée is my favorite thus far, I look forward to trying the red shades!

on 7/21/2014 4:48:00 PM

I adore these!!! I own three and they are fabulous. The scent is perfect, they feel so smooth. Definitely recommend.

Video Reviews & Tutorials