November 26, 2014 | 1791 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I am not a lip gloss fan one bit. When these first came out, I had zero interest but after about a year and a half, I finally gave into the hype. I have this in Tiramisu, Maple Blondie, Vanilla Creme Pie, and Strawberry Parfait. They give such a nice color payoff and they are so easy to put on. The lasting power is alright..I mean, it's lip gloss lol. They do tend to get that milky look if you put on too much. In that case, I just take a napkin and wipe off the excess grease and reapply. I do really enjoy this product overall and hope to purchase Eclair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by perisnale

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is hands down the best lip gloss i've ever tried. the texture is perfect, glossy but not too sticky and not drying at all, and the best part is that it doesn't sink into lines at all! i can skip chapstick with this gloss and it's fine. i got this in the shade 'peach cobbler' which is a lovely summery peach/coral color and the pigmentation is great. i can easily swipe it on for a good tint, or take my time and get the full rich color you see in the tube (though i will say it tends a bit more bright orange in tube than on lips).

i've yet to wear this for an extended amount of time but it did last me at least 3-4 hours when i wore it for graduation. it has a fairly strong vanilla smell, which i personally don't mind, but if you're sensitive to that kind of thing make sure to take a sniff before buying, if you can. definitely recommend, am definitely going to buy this in other colours (now that they've stocked this at my local CVS)!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by cpetersen

This is my favorite gloss! I have it in Creme Brulee and it is the perfect pinky nude for my fair skin! It is super comfortable on the lips and it lasts longer than I thought it would! I am going to buy more colors today!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally decided to buy this since I kept hearing about it on YouTube. I have it in the color BLG07 "Tiramisu". Tiramisu is a pinky/brown nude in the tube, but on my lips it comes off a more cool toned nude pink. I have pretty pigmented lips and this color nudes them out "perfectly" with very little effort. Usually when I wear a nude lip, I need a combo of lipliner, lipstick/lipgloss. With Tiramisu, that's all I need!! I just apply it on my lips and i'm set to go! This is my new HG universal lip color! I can wear it on days where i don't wear any makeup and just want a fresher/polished look, or days when i do wear makeup for a perfect natural lip. The texture is sooo buttery smooth, and not sticky! The scent is like vanilla cupcake frosting! So yummy!! Definitely will be buying a back and up and other colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in the color Eclair, a creamy baby pink. I held out on trying the Butter glosses for a long time because NYX lip products have been hit or miss for me. But finally the MLBB color line up, as well their wide availability drew me in. Overall, I do like this lip gloss. It is nicely pigmented. I have heard people say that these glosses are too 'milky', or that they apply streaky but I haven't had that issue with this particular color. It lasts a long time on the lips for a gloss; a few hours for me. One minor issue that another reviewer mentioned is that the formula feels heavy on the lips, but I guess that helps with the lasting power. The color Eclair is nice on me though I would prefer that it was more of a nude pink (as opposed to a cool toned light pink), but that's just a personal preference. The scent is very pleasant - like vanilla baked goods. I may or may not try another color later on but this is a solid lip product from NYX, esp. for the price (under $5 where I live). EDIT: I recently purchased the color Tiramisu and love that one even more!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by mwalter95

Best lip glosses ever

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by 16chances

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Affordable. Pigmented. Buildable colour. Moisturizing. Long lasting power. There's nothing bad that I can say about the butter glosses except that it can get sticky if you over apply. But nonetheless, wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I currently, and sadly only own one of these babies in Creme Brulee. I kept seeing this product talked about on YouTube channels and needed to find some. I actually stumbled upon them at a CVS I don't normally frequent but was super excited when I saw the stand. I went neutral on my first one because I want worried about looking clown-ish and was still trying to find a good nude color. I have to say, I've tried a lot of lip glosses and this one is quickly becoming my absolute favorite! I love me some Nars Orgasm, but the glitter is sometimes too much for me. These butter glosses are so beautiful! First the smell is DIVINE! Who doesn't love a good cookie/vanilla smell?! And the pigmentation is to die for! On top of all of that you have the smoothness from the gloss and it is not drying but doesn't have that sticky feeling either. I have to curb my usage because I imagine I'll be through the whole tube in less than a month!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to try this product since I thought it might have been false hype. These go on sale frequently at Ulta so I decided to pick up some to try. So far, these are great and you can't beat the price. They are also great for layering with lipsticks. I own Merengue, Devil's Food Cake, and Creme Brle. MAC will always be my number one, but this is nice when I want to change things up. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the Peach Cobbler butter gloss. This is my go-to spring/summer shade. The colour looks like a vibrant orange but it's not as intense on the lips. I can layer the gloss if I want more colour but with one swipe, I have nice glossy orangey/coral lips.

It does have a vanilla scent so if you're sensitive to scents then you may not like this. I'm sensitive to fragrances but luckily this doesn't bother me.
The staying power is standard with other glosses and of course, you can add it to lipsticks for extra colour or shine.

A great find at the drugstore!