September 21, 2014 | 1868 users online

Lip Gloss - NYX - Butter Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

one of my new favorite lip gloss brands! i only have one, creme brulee. but after trying that one, i want to try like 5 more. they are just so moisturizing and they have a good scent. and they're pigmented and actually show up on your lips. they're only like $5 too, which is a good deal. i love this and i really am looking to buy more!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by cjsabile

I absolutely LOVE NYX! They have finally joined the bandwagon with the "butter" lip formula trend. I have just the shade in Tiramisu, which is a MLBB with a hint of medium pink. I would give it 5 stars, but I would notice over time the gloss has slight buildup whenever I rub my lips together. It's a great natural looking gloss with excellent pigmentation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by LSUGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I 100% love these butter glosses from NYX. I have Creme Brulee and Fortune Cookie. They both are great nude lip colors. Creme Brulee is a nude color with a pinky undertone. Fortune Cookie is a nude color with a beige undertone, no pink at all. Love them both. $ 4.99 each at Ulta and every 3-4 weeks Ulta runs a sale on NYX products of buy one NYX product and get the 2nd NYX product at 50% OFF and you can still use your $ 3.50 off any $ 10 purchase coupon. GREAT GREAT deal!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have four shades! I have Tiramisu, Vanilla Cream Pie, Praline and Angel Food Cake. I'm really into nude shades for everyday as you can see. Tiramisu is a light brown with pinky undertones which is great for everyday. Vanilla Cream Pie is more a brighter pink I like to wear on natural days too, but more when I have some eyeliner and trying to look cuter. I have yet to try the other two. These are five bucks, super cheap, the packaging is cute! The smell of these is soooo delicious! Omg makes reapplying heaven! The texture is thicker than your average lipgloss and not sticky at all. The pigmentation varies from color to color but Tiramisu and Vanilla Cream Pie can both be sheered out or made more opaque. The staying power is probably one hour to 2 hours MAXIMUM. I prefer the Mega Shines but these are nice too. I would repurchase Tiramisu because the color is just so pretty and they smell so so good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I was so excited to try these, but to my disappointment they aren't available in all Canadian Target stores, and the ones that do carry them are always sold out.
I discovered a site called ftb beauty, a canadian website making american beauty brands more accessible. (Seriously amazing site, free shipping and got to me in a day).
I ordered this in apple strudel and OH MY it is the prettiest light coral/pink, smells great and is super buttery/creamy on the lips. It's a little sheer but I like that so it's perfect for me. Very pleased with the staying power as well. I'll definitely be buying more of these. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Juliette119

I LOVE these lip glosses! I have 5 of them and still want to get more. The packaging is cute, with a small heart on it and the matching color on the tube. These lip glosses are a steal for $5 or 6 dollars. They are creamy, non-sticky and have the perfect amount of pigmentation. They also have a variety of shades to choose from. These are some of my favorite lip glosses and are a huge must have wherever I go. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

I got really excited from all the hype, so ordered 7 shades from Cherry Culture at once, haha! The smell is alright, though I expected more since everyone was saying how yummy it smelled. I guess I am just really picky about scents (?). To me, it smelled a bit like play-doh, chemicals and a hint of sweetness all in one, which is a weird mixture for me.

However, the real reason I only rated this 3/5 was because of the formula. Since the first ingredient is petrolatum (essentially vaseline), it felt a bit heavy on my lips. It didn't sink into fine lines and lasted a decent amount of time for a gloss (2 hours-ish), but I could feel it on my lips the whole time, which is one of the reasons why I don't usually like lip glosses. It is a bit sticky, but nothing overwhelming, so that is alright for me.

creme brulee and tiramisu are both nice nudes for my nc20 skin, although creme brulee is much sheerer, almost like a clear gloss on me! The colours are sheer enough to be flattering for many skin tones, but opaque enough where all the colours look a bit different, so we can own many of them! ;)

Overall, I would recommend if you guys are used to the feel of Vaseline on the lips, but personally, after I use these up (Since I want to support a cruelty-free brand, the colours are nice, and it has decent ingredients), I will not repurchase and will look elsewhere. They are worth a try :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by franneh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

3 words: Buy. This. Now. The Nyx Butter Gloss in Eclair is an essential in my purse. It's the perfect baby pink that looks great on its own or on top of lipstick. Unlike most lip glosses, butter gloss is far from sticky. 10s across the board for opacity, texture, and value.

Edit: I have a new favourite! Nyx Butter Gloss in Tiramisu. Great everyday gloss that is universally flattering on any skin tone. I loveeeee it! It's always sold out so I always purchase several when they're in stock. Hands down, HG Lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by goldenpeach86

I really enjoy these lip butters.I have the colors Apple Strudel and Peach Cobbler,with Peach Cobbler being my favorite of the two. What I love about these is that they don't show up dry spots on the lips, they make my lips feel soft, and they provide a nice amount of color. Apple Strudel is more of a light baby pink and Peach Cobbler is as the name states a peachy pink that gives my lips the perfect pop of color. I don't find these to be sticky or tacky. They provide a decent amount of coverage with just one coat but I usually apply 2-3 for more color pay off. Peach Cobbler seems to have better color pay off than the Apple Strudel but I assume this is because Apple Strudel is a lighter color. If your looking for a gloss that isn't sticky, if you have dry lips that need hydration, or just want a shiny lip gloss that will provide you with a nice hint of color(darker shades seem to have better color payoff) then I would definitely give these a try! As other reviewers have stated the gloss wont last you all day but I am completely okay with applying touch ups. At $4.99 each your wallet wont be hurting either :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:24:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG gloss right here. I didn't wear gloss before I got these. Here's what makes these the absolute bomb-diggity.

PROS:
-affordable. I believe they retail at ulta for 4ish dollar.
-color selection. this is really NYX puts high end companies like MAC to shame. The color selection will allow you to find light to dark, cool to neutral to warm tones, that work just right with your skin and preferences.
-texture: *my favorite thing about this product. the texture is like butter, no gimmick needed here. feels almost like a thick, moisturizing, even, soft lip balm!
-pigmentation: the saturation is very even, and full pigment. you get what you pay for.
-scent: delicious yummy sweet cookie heaven. mmm mm good.

CONS:
-NYX isn't as easily available compared to CG or maybelline, being Canadian I certainly understand
-wear: yes, this gloss doesn't last forever. but when you get a buttery balmy type of gloss, this is the unfortunate consequence.
However, reapply is such a breeze and a comfortable non-drying experience, that putting on a fresh coat is never too much of a problem.

overall: ***if you hate sticky glosses, run and get this, now. pronto. stat.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No