October 22, 2014 | 1416 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

The price and the packaging for this product is great- can't go wrong with a squeezy tube. I think I got mine for around $3-4. Lovely finish and coverage. To me, it's pretty reminiscent of LM Silk Creme. It is slightly thinner, and not as much coverage as LM. It still has a decent medium coverage- build able to full. It has a funky smell, but nothing that can't be overlooked. Not perfumed, but just funny smelling. This line is very very fair, and also very pink! I took off a lippie for the odd color selection. This foundation is definitely beautiful, love!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Infraredhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really surprised at how far just a little of this product went on my face. It comes out really thick! I have an oily t-zone and really dry cheeks so I always have to apply a moisturizer. It spread just fine on top of my day lotion. I have been wearing it every day for a week now and have experienced no breakouts.

Although I would prefer a pump, I found the packaging to be ok for something so inexpensive. I am a high school teacher therefore there is no time for touchups for me during the day so I was impressed it lasted through some grueling class periods. I have fair skin and freckles and the lightest shade did not leave a funky orange shade so overall this is a "will purchase again" foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by JerseyGyrl

I typically use mineral powder foundation (Studio Mineral Makeup) but, decided I wanted to wear something with more coverage in the Fall & Winter months.

I haven't worn a liquid or cream foundation in years and had no idea where to begin. I purchased 4 foundations to try. Revlon Nearly Naked, Cover Girl Stay Fabulous 3 in 1, Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse and Wet n Wild Coverall. I wasn't impressed with Nearly Naked because (and I shoud've known) as the name implies, the coverage was very sheer. The Cover Gril Stay Fabulous is a nice foundation. I mix Classic Ivory with Creamy Natural and it is a pretty good match for me. The Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse is way too pink for me. I admit I was skeptical about the Wet n Wild Coverall but, I have to tell you, I was pleasantly surprised! I mix the Fair shade with the Fair/Light shade and it is a perfect match! I do this on the back of my hand and apply with my Elf Flat Top Powder brush. The finish is a satin finish (not overly matte, not overly dewy). I set it with the Wet n Wild Coverall pressed powder in Light/Medium using my EcoTools Powder brush. Mid afternoon I apply a little more powder to my t-zone because I have combination skin but, all in all, this foundation is great! It does not oxidize on me. I am very pleased with it, especially for the price!

I will definitely repurchase. Wet n Wild has really stepped up to the plate with this foundation & pressed powder!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Maryso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Very surprised!
No strong odor, great creamy texture, good shade variety. Unfortunately it made my break out on my chin, where my skin is most sensitive. I like to mix it with a moisturizer because it can be a little think for daytime in my opinion.

The only problem with the packaging is it starts coming out before I even apply much pressure. I'm sure that will go away once I use up more though!

Definitely worth trying it out. Wet n' Wild has really stepped up their game!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by carpsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this foundation! found it at walmart for $4.97 canadian and I couldn't be more happy. i suffer from adult acne pretty bad (starting to clear up now after using equate acne treatment system) and this cover up completely concealed everything. I bought the lightest shade they have (#518) and it is perfect for my pale skin. I will update this once I've used it for a week or 2 to make sure it doesn't cause my to break out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by bonnydoon

Love this. I'm a NC 20/25 and purchased the light/medium shade and its a perfect match. The foundation is creamy and blends very easily over my moisturizer. I squirt out a pea/chick pea size dollop that I rub between my fingers and blend from the centre of my face outwards. It looks amazing. The finish is matte but not dull and covers minor imperfections (mostly redness) flawlessly. It layers very easily so you can take this from light to full coverage and I also use it as spot concealer. It looks like skin!! T

I have combination skin and this product does not exacerbate either dryness or oiliness. The real bonus for me is that there are no sunscreen ingredients in this foundation (I've noticed that in other products, such as Rimmel foundation, octinoxate is listed in the ingredients even though the foundation is not spf rated) which is great since octinoxate can degrade avobenzone.

It holds up all day on me but I haven't tested it in hot, humid weather. The formulation is quite light and not oil based so I suspect it might wear off due to excessive sweating.

There are no negatives with this product for me. I haven't noticed a chemical scent.

I've had this now for 5 months and see no reason to switch.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this foundation because of the high reviews on makeup alley. It comes in a limited amount of shades and the names of the shades are misleading. You're better off using a mirror and trying match up against your face in the store if you can. The foundation appears to be water-based. At first, I really enjoyed this foundation. Blending is a bit difficult, but not too bad. The smell doesn't bother me--it kind of smells like old school makeup. The packaging is ok. I actually love when foundation comes in a tube, just be careful not to squeeze too much. It can be a little bit messy. The foundation itself wears off really quickly and it provides light to medium coverage. At about noon, it looked like I had little to no makeup on. I did not feel like this foundation made me look like an oil slick, but I did test it out and it breaks me out! For that reason, game over. It was a nice thought while it lasted.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Update: I just wanted to add, I noticed the last time I bought 2 tubes of this (Dec 2013) - the seal/"foundation squirting out of the top issue" has been fixed. Both tubes I bought were perfect, nothing gushed out. Super happy!

Review: I was really questioning buying this because I remember WnW years ago was just the worst quality you could find at the drugstore. But last month after being really impressed by their eyeshadow singles and 8 pc palettes I decided to try this out.

Pros: under $5 & amazing! Bought at Rite Aid for $2.99 - The coverage and texture remind me of Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation, one of my all-time faves, although the Coverall is slightly less "dry" and more creamy. It gives medium to full coverage and blends really well. Dries to semi-matte finish, so it's neither dry and flat nor greasy, looks like normal skin.I love that some shades of this do have warm, yellow-y undertones. This lasts all day and I also use it to conceal dark circles. I can sheer this out by mixing it with my moisturising lotion for light coverage. If I'm going out I usually mix it 3 parts foundation to 1 part MAC's Strobe/MUFE Uplight or any other luminizer for a glowier finish. I think this can be used in so many ways which makes it an even better value. Can be used as concealer, full coverage foundation (you will need to apply a 2nd layer for fuller coverage though), mixed with other products like I mentioned above etc. . I set this product with powder in the t-zone area only, with either a MAC powder or the matching WnW CoverAll powder which is also great.

Cons: The range of colours could really be improved, there is nothing if you are very fair or darker than about NC45ish. I have the Fair/Light and also the Light/Medium which when blended matches my NC25-30 skin colour in the warmer months, and in the winter when my skin is NC20 I use the Fair/Light alone. I also tried Fair but it is too light - would probably match around NC10-15. I bought the medium-tan to use as a liquid contour and to mix with the other colours should I need to slightly darken the shades for summer months. It seems some of the shades do run a bit darker for example the CoverAll in Fair/Light is darker than Revlon ColorStay in Buff or Kat Von D's Lock It foundation in the Light 49, and most of the Coverall line leans neutral or cooler toned, so you may need to mix shades to get a perfect match. But at the low price, who cares? I prefer to custom blend my foundations anyway.

The BIGGEST con is the *awful* packaging. The minute I came home and opened this, removed the small protective tab on the opening, it literally poured out all over the place - disgusting!! Be careful once the cap is off. Even if you are not pressing on the tube at all, or it is just sitting there, it will ooze. Best to close it as soon as possible or I hold it super lightly as not to apply any pressure. I have noticed a lot of people complaining about this, and I have to agree the packaging is such a pain. However, at this price I guess you can't have it all. I try to hold it upright and pour it out on the back of my hand to limit the time it is open so as not to blob it all over the place. It's seriously annoying but I will continue putting up with the packaging until it's changed because the finish is so nice and product so versatile.

I would recommend this to anyone - I have combo skin and it doesn't accentuate or get patchy over my dry areas. It also doesn't make my t-zone more oily and there is no greasy feel to this foundation. Also no flashback in photos. I wore this to a wedding and it looks perfect and photographs great. For the price it's definitely worth trying out!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by meowsers2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yes! Very nice foundation for a very nice price! I paid 3.99 for this at K-Mart. I got the 2nd lightest color and it works pretty well, though in certain lighting it looks kind of pinkish. Overall it is a good match.
The packaging is not too bad. It tends to ooze out when you take off the cap, but it's better than a jar or regular bottle that you get your germy fingers all over.
I put it on with a sponge and it was a very nice finish. Not too matte, not shiny. I guess it really is a satin-matte finish. Looks very smooth, nice medium coverage, but buildable for areas which need more coverage.
I have worn this 3 days now, and it has pretty good staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Principessa13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great lasting power. Covers evenly without it looking like a mask. No oxidation. I have vitiligo and use two colors to even out skin and it looks great. Blends great.