September 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this foundation because of the high reviews on makeup alley. It comes in a limited amount of shades and the names of the shades are misleading. You're better off using a mirror and trying match up against your face in the store if you can. The foundation appears to be water-based. At first, I really enjoyed this foundation. Blending is a bit difficult, but not too bad. The smell doesn't bother me--it kind of smells like old school makeup. The packaging is ok. I actually love when foundation comes in a tube, just be careful not to squeeze too much. It can be a little bit messy. The foundation itself wears off really quickly and it provides light to medium coverage. At about noon, it looked like I had little to no makeup on. I did not feel like this foundation made me look like an oil slick, but I did test it out and it breaks me out! For that reason, game over. It was a nice thought while it lasted.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Update: I just wanted to add, I noticed the last time I bought 2 tubes of this (Dec 2013) - the seal/"foundation squirting out of the top issue" has been fixed. Both tubes I bought were perfect, nothing gushed out. Super happy!

Review: I was really questioning buying this because I remember WnW years ago was just the worst quality you could find at the drugstore. But last month after being really impressed by their eyeshadow singles and 8 pc palettes I decided to try this out.

Pros: under $5 & amazing! Bought at Rite Aid for $2.99 - The coverage and texture remind me of Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation, one of my all-time faves, although the Coverall is slightly less "dry" and more creamy. It gives medium to full coverage and blends really well. Dries to semi-matte finish, so it's neither dry and flat nor greasy, looks like normal skin.I love that some shades of this do have warm, yellow-y undertones. This lasts all day and I also use it to conceal dark circles. I can sheer this out by mixing it with my moisturising lotion for light coverage. If I'm going out I usually mix it 3 parts foundation to 1 part MAC's Strobe/MUFE Uplight or any other luminizer for a glowier finish. I think this can be used in so many ways which makes it an even better value. Can be used as concealer, full coverage foundation (you will need to apply a 2nd layer for fuller coverage though), mixed with other products like I mentioned above etc. . I set this product with powder in the t-zone area only, with either a MAC powder or the matching WnW CoverAll powder which is also great.

Cons: The range of colours could really be improved, there is nothing if you are very fair or darker than about NC45ish. I have the Fair/Light and also the Light/Medium which when blended matches my NC25-30 skin colour in the warmer months, and in the winter when my skin is NC20 I use the Fair/Light alone. I also tried Fair but it is too light - would probably match around NC10-15. I bought the medium-tan to use as a liquid contour and to mix with the other colours should I need to slightly darken the shades for summer months. It seems some of the shades do run a bit darker for example the CoverAll in Fair/Light is darker than Revlon ColorStay in Buff or Kat Von D's Lock It foundation in the Light 49, and most of the Coverall line leans neutral or cooler toned, so you may need to mix shades to get a perfect match. But at the low price, who cares? I prefer to custom blend my foundations anyway.

The BIGGEST con is the *awful* packaging. The minute I came home and opened this, removed the small protective tab on the opening, it literally poured out all over the place - disgusting!! Be careful once the cap is off. Even if you are not pressing on the tube at all, or it is just sitting there, it will ooze. Best to close it as soon as possible or I hold it super lightly as not to apply any pressure. I have noticed a lot of people complaining about this, and I have to agree the packaging is such a pain. However, at this price I guess you can't have it all. I try to hold it upright and pour it out on the back of my hand to limit the time it is open so as not to blob it all over the place. It's seriously annoying but I will continue putting up with the packaging until it's changed because the finish is so nice and product so versatile.

I would recommend this to anyone - I have combo skin and it doesn't accentuate or get patchy over my dry areas. It also doesn't make my t-zone more oily and there is no greasy feel to this foundation. Also no flashback in photos. I wore this to a wedding and it looks perfect and photographs great. For the price it's definitely worth trying out!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by meowsers2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yes! Very nice foundation for a very nice price! I paid 3.99 for this at K-Mart. I got the 2nd lightest color and it works pretty well, though in certain lighting it looks kind of pinkish. Overall it is a good match.
The packaging is not too bad. It tends to ooze out when you take off the cap, but it's better than a jar or regular bottle that you get your germy fingers all over.
I put it on with a sponge and it was a very nice finish. Not too matte, not shiny. I guess it really is a satin-matte finish. Looks very smooth, nice medium coverage, but buildable for areas which need more coverage.
I have worn this 3 days now, and it has pretty good staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Principessa13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great lasting power. Covers evenly without it looking like a mask. No oxidation. I have vitiligo and use two colors to even out skin and it looks great. Blends great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

I've been in denial about needing a foundation (rather than just powder) for a long time, so I thought I'd start out inexpensive and picked up this.

The shade I chose was fine, but it was a mess on my face. I'd already applied moisturizer, and my skin isn't noticeably dry/flaky anyway, but this somehow showed flakes where I didn't even see them before, and just made the texture of my skin look rough and bumpy, even with lots of blending. I will say that it's lasting power must be impressive though, because I used a makeup remover on the side of my face I had applied it to, and it took quite a bit of effort to get it all off.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by OHgrl315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't usually right reviews on products but I figured I would this time. Let me start off by saying I worked as a makeup artist for about 3-4 years at CHANEL and Sephora so you can imagine all of the wonderful makeup I was able to sample while working there. I used to wear ProLumier by CHANEL but I don't think they make that exact kind anymore. I have sensitive skin, oily prone skin, dry in spots... it's pretty combination as far as texture but I always have a hard time finding a product that won't break my face out. Most recently I had been using MAC Studio Fix which I liked at first but then decided I wanted to try something different. I also have been liking Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation as well. I saw a review on this website about this new Wet N Wild foundation that was getting great reviews... I figured I;d give it a go. I went to the store and bought a bottle for $4 which is SUPER cheap. Next morning I put it on before school early in the morning. When I got home it still looked AWESOME. It gave me excellent coverage and had a beautiful satin finish. It lasted all night til I washed it off and it still looked wonderful 18 hours later. I tried it again the next day and same thing. Not only that but it seemed to be improving the texture of my skin! Some foundations will start breaking me out within a few hours. Not this foundation though. It has a medium to full coverage and a creamy formula. Not a very pleasant smell but that's ok I can look past that. This product is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by FlannyCupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I went to Walgreen's the other day with the intention of "looking" and well I ended up with 3 different WnW products, this being one of them. I went with the light shade and it matches my complexion perfectly. I have applied this with a wedge sponge and my fingers and I highly recommend using a sponge, the finish almost looks airbrushed. I also love the texture of this, I love a thicker foundation and this is it. When you squeeze it out of the tube it holds it shape. I just feel the thicker the foundation the better the coverage.

This is worth a try, because like all WnW products the cost of so affordable and products are amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by kgloverii

This stuff is great. I've got skin that's starting to age, and little age spots that are a total bummer, and it's been hard to find a foundation that I can cover them with, and still looks natural.
It's definitely medium to full coverage, easy to build on, so you can tailor the coverage to your needs. During the summer, I can go 50/50 mixing this with a lightweight moisturizer (I love the Clean and Clear brightening one). We're into fall now and my skin feels like it's in a transition stage, so I use this 100% and build it as I need it. It wears all day, and looks totally natural. And my skin looks flawless.
I am such a fan girl of Wet N Wild. They are absolutely a high end cosmetic company for dirt cheap.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by kadytheredpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like this stuff, considering I'm not a huge fan of liquid/cream foundations after so many bad experiences with them. I apply primer, then this, and then the matching setting powder. I'm very fair but I found that fair/light works decently for my skin tone during summer and actually gives me slight color that I need without making me look oompa loompa orange. It also lasts decently on my very oily skin with the help of primer and powder. Otherwise, it fades very quickly.

My main reason for liking this is that whenever I've worn it I have not broken out like so many foundations before this and the coverage, while not totally full coverage, is buildable and conceals most of my pimples. I prefer powder foundations but will use this when I need more coverage or going to anime conventions.

I hate that the packaging makes it so that a huge glop falls out upon the slightest squeeze, but considering how this is the only non powder foundation that I've liked so far I'm willing to forgive this flaw and just squeeze over my hand or a towel first before applying with a makeup sponge. Best five dollars I've spent in awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunky25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this stuff! My skin is combination-oily (but lately it's been acting pretty normal) yet holds up great with this foundation. Seeing as how other reviewers report that this isn't long lasting, I can see where they might feel that. It should be set with a powder, and even then, it still looks natural and skin-like. I don't like when I can tell I'm wearing foundation! Now my skin isn't too terribly oily, so I get pretty good staying power with it. In fact, it looks better the longer I have it on if I haven't sweat that day. I'm a Revlon Colorstay fan, but I want something that feels lighter and is easier to wash off. This is it. I can't say it wears exactly like it, but it's still a beautiful foundation and I might have to say I like it more! Sorry, Revlon ;)

I apply it with a damp Beauty Blender and it looks awesome. With one layer this way, it is about medium coverage, but very natural. It doesn't look cakey at all. The colors aren't of the best variety but I got lucky with the 'Light' shade. I would prefer it to be more yellow, but I believe I have both pink and yellow in my skin tone. I definitely have warm undertones, but Light still flatters me. It also does not oxidize - huge plus! I believed I would be a Light/Medium, but the Light was perfect, so I recommend buying one shade lighter, or at this price, buy the two you can't decide between and mix them. Nothing a bit of bronzer can't fix anyway!

There is no funky smell, at least that I'm aware of. It smells like make up. Once it completely dries, there is no smell at all. It blends so well and dries fairly fast. I have not broken out from it and it makes my skin look smooth! It minimizes pores and gives my skin a smoother appearance. It does not cake over blemishes either. Other foundations sometimes accentuate pores and dry patches - not this! When I feel like wearing full coverage, I apply it with my Sigma F80 and it blends like a dream.

Finally, the packaging is not the best - it leaks and you waste a lot of the product, however the squeeze tube is better than a jar or pour-out-type bottle like that of colorstay. It can get messy! Make sure the cap is twisted on tight!! Also, a little of it goes a long way. Sometimes I have squeezed out too much, and there is no way to put it back in the tube. Therefore it is then wasted, but for the price it is its not breaking the bank to repurchase it sooner than needed.

I'm thrilled I've found something this good for this price. For a drugstore line, heck, even a wet'n'wild product - I'm amazed! I hope this is never, ever gets discontinued!! :) I even saw it in Cosmo's October issue - I hope more people discover this hidden gem! I do hope WNW broadens the color selections.