September 2, 2014 | 1680 users online

Foundations - Wet 'n' Wild - Coverall Cream Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

I've been in denial about needing a foundation (rather than just powder) for a long time, so I thought I'd start out inexpensive and picked up this.

The shade I chose was fine, but it was a mess on my face. I'd already applied moisturizer, and my skin isn't noticeably dry/flaky anyway, but this somehow showed flakes where I didn't even see them before, and just made the texture of my skin look rough and bumpy, even with lots of blending. I will say that it's lasting power must be impressive though, because I used a makeup remover on the side of my face I had applied it to, and it took quite a bit of effort to get it all off.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by OHgrl315

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't usually right reviews on products but I figured I would this time. Let me start off by saying I worked as a makeup artist for about 3-4 years at CHANEL and Sephora so you can imagine all of the wonderful makeup I was able to sample while working there. I used to wear ProLumier by CHANEL but I don't think they make that exact kind anymore. I have sensitive skin, oily prone skin, dry in spots... it's pretty combination as far as texture but I always have a hard time finding a product that won't break my face out. Most recently I had been using MAC Studio Fix which I liked at first but then decided I wanted to try something different. I also have been liking Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation as well. I saw a review on this website about this new Wet N Wild foundation that was getting great reviews... I figured I;d give it a go. I went to the store and bought a bottle for $4 which is SUPER cheap. Next morning I put it on before school early in the morning. When I got home it still looked AWESOME. It gave me excellent coverage and had a beautiful satin finish. It lasted all night til I washed it off and it still looked wonderful 18 hours later. I tried it again the next day and same thing. Not only that but it seemed to be improving the texture of my skin! Some foundations will start breaking me out within a few hours. Not this foundation though. It has a medium to full coverage and a creamy formula. Not a very pleasant smell but that's ok I can look past that. This product is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by FlannyCupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I went to Walgreen's the other day with the intention of "looking" and well I ended up with 3 different WnW products, this being one of them. I went with the light shade and it matches my complexion perfectly. I have applied this with a wedge sponge and my fingers and I highly recommend using a sponge, the finish almost looks airbrushed. I also love the texture of this, I love a thicker foundation and this is it. When you squeeze it out of the tube it holds it shape. I just feel the thicker the foundation the better the coverage.

This is worth a try, because like all WnW products the cost of so affordable and products are amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by kgloverii

This stuff is great. I've got skin that's starting to age, and little age spots that are a total bummer, and it's been hard to find a foundation that I can cover them with, and still looks natural.
It's definitely medium to full coverage, easy to build on, so you can tailor the coverage to your needs. During the summer, I can go 50/50 mixing this with a lightweight moisturizer (I love the Clean and Clear brightening one). We're into fall now and my skin feels like it's in a transition stage, so I use this 100% and build it as I need it. It wears all day, and looks totally natural. And my skin looks flawless.
I am such a fan girl of Wet N Wild. They are absolutely a high end cosmetic company for dirt cheap.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by kadytheredpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like this stuff, considering I'm not a huge fan of liquid/cream foundations after so many bad experiences with them. I apply primer, then this, and then the matching setting powder. I'm very fair but I found that fair/light works decently for my skin tone during summer and actually gives me slight color that I need without making me look oompa loompa orange. It also lasts decently on my very oily skin with the help of primer and powder. Otherwise, it fades very quickly.

My main reason for liking this is that whenever I've worn it I have not broken out like so many foundations before this and the coverage, while not totally full coverage, is buildable and conceals most of my pimples. I prefer powder foundations but will use this when I need more coverage or going to anime conventions.

I hate that the packaging makes it so that a huge glop falls out upon the slightest squeeze, but considering how this is the only non powder foundation that I've liked so far I'm willing to forgive this flaw and just squeeze over my hand or a towel first before applying with a makeup sponge. Best five dollars I've spent in awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunky25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this stuff! My skin is combination-oily (but lately it's been acting pretty normal) yet holds up great with this foundation. Seeing as how other reviewers report that this isn't long lasting, I can see where they might feel that. It should be set with a powder, and even then, it still looks natural and skin-like. I don't like when I can tell I'm wearing foundation! Now my skin isn't too terribly oily, so I get pretty good staying power with it. In fact, it looks better the longer I have it on if I haven't sweat that day. I'm a Revlon Colorstay fan, but I want something that feels lighter and is easier to wash off. This is it. I can't say it wears exactly like it, but it's still a beautiful foundation and I might have to say I like it more! Sorry, Revlon ;)

I apply it with a damp Beauty Blender and it looks awesome. With one layer this way, it is about medium coverage, but very natural. It doesn't look cakey at all. The colors aren't of the best variety but I got lucky with the 'Light' shade. I would prefer it to be more yellow, but I believe I have both pink and yellow in my skin tone. I definitely have warm undertones, but Light still flatters me. It also does not oxidize - huge plus! I believed I would be a Light/Medium, but the Light was perfect, so I recommend buying one shade lighter, or at this price, buy the two you can't decide between and mix them. Nothing a bit of bronzer can't fix anyway!

There is no funky smell, at least that I'm aware of. It smells like make up. Once it completely dries, there is no smell at all. It blends so well and dries fairly fast. I have not broken out from it and it makes my skin look smooth! It minimizes pores and gives my skin a smoother appearance. It does not cake over blemishes either. Other foundations sometimes accentuate pores and dry patches - not this! When I feel like wearing full coverage, I apply it with my Sigma F80 and it blends like a dream.

Finally, the packaging is not the best - it leaks and you waste a lot of the product, however the squeeze tube is better than a jar or pour-out-type bottle like that of colorstay. It can get messy! Make sure the cap is twisted on tight!! Also, a little of it goes a long way. Sometimes I have squeezed out too much, and there is no way to put it back in the tube. Therefore it is then wasted, but for the price it is its not breaking the bank to repurchase it sooner than needed.

I'm thrilled I've found something this good for this price. For a drugstore line, heck, even a wet'n'wild product - I'm amazed! I hope this is never, ever gets discontinued!! :) I even saw it in Cosmo's October issue - I hope more people discover this hidden gem! I do hope WNW broadens the color selections.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Alleighe

Gah, I'm so frustrated, because this is so close to being an absolutely PERFECT foundation. Fantastic finish, coverage, blendability. It truly looks like a high end foundation on. However, by midday it's is almost GONE, completely melted off my face. I've tried combatting this with setting powders and primers but nothing has worked. This stuff is super cheap at 4 bucks a bottle,(some places even less) but the fact that I have to apply it 2x a day makes it not so good of a value after all :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpMommaxO

I love this foundation! I have used a lot of high end foundations MAC, Kat Von D, Makeup Forever & this is honestly my favorite! Wet N wild deff. Step their game up! I have really oily skin & I'm a mom so I'm constantly on the go & I stay matte all day! It does have a smell but it goes away. Also it's super cheap it's 4 dollars at my Walgreens so that's always a plus!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Stressa

I love this stuff! I cannot believe that it is only five dollars. This is a medium coverage foundation; very easy to get buildable coverage depending on if you use your fingers or a foundation brush/stipple brush. My skin is combo/oily, but is finally starting to get a bit dryer now that I am older, and this feels great all day without turning into an oil slick. It also photographs well. I suppose you could make this a more sheer coverage with a bit of moisturizer, but I haven't experimented with it yet.

Honestly, for five dollars - you should try this. For the price of a bad burrito you could get a really solid foundation!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/11/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by JPKAM83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought the Wet 'n' Wild coverall foundation and the pressed powder both in Medium. First of all I love their eyeshadows and lipsticks/lipgloss. I was in my local grocery store Superstore the foundation was $4.99 and the pressed powder was $3.99 Canadian. When I brought it the foundation the package looking super full the package was was seal. When I opened the cap it was a squeeze tube. I removed the seal the liquid started to pour out. I have to transfer the remain liquid into a small container. I wasn't so impressed with the squeeze tube the hole was huge.

It's said its a lightweight stain-matte finish, medium to full coverage.

First of all I have an oily skin but since winter is coming up my skin is slowly drying out. My skin can tell the different when a foundation is heavy or lightweight. The color I got it in Medium. I apply the foundation I felt it's not a medium or full coverage it felt more a lightweight foundation. I apply one more layer and see the difference it felt the same the first time I apply it. When I finished putting my makeup together I set it with the Wet 'n' Wild Coverall powder it looked matte. By 3:00 pm I notice my skin was getting oily in my t-zone and its also show some of the dry patch on my face I blot my face. I don't carry powder in my bag and I don't want to over powder my face when I'm at work that why I carry blot sheets with me. By 7:00 pm my skin looked the same at 3:00 pm nothing really have change. I felt the foundation is target more to people with normal skin. The price is right when you starting off with your first foundation and the price is great for people who are in college or university or school due to the budget. I wish Wet 'n' Wild have show case more colors in foundation and powder especially in the darker skin tone range. Also break it into categorize that works well with normal/dry or oily/combo skins. It's might not work for me but it well work for you.