September 18, 2014 | 1319 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A long-lasting tinted moisturizer designed for oily skins or drier skins in humid conditions. Bonus: The lightest shade -- "Fair" -- is suitable for NC15 or slightly lighter skin and doesn't seem to darken or turn orange.

I tried this, even though I have dry to very dry skin, mostly because I've really liked Tarte's face products in the past. What this BB cream does well is last: Of the sheer foundations and tinted moisturizers I've tried, this has the best wear over the course of a day. It doesn't accentuate flakes or pool in pores, either, which is probably a function of all the silicones in it.

However, it does look very matte, which is not a look I favor. I get around the problem by mixing a dot of Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone into a dab of this, which makes the finish a bit more satin without seeming to affect wear.

This contains only physical sunscreens, which don't provide the protection from UVA rays that European chemical sunscreens do. OTOH, if you can't tolerate chemical ss, this could be the BB cream for you.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by cjhardy1999

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this product it was my all time favorite. My dog chewed it up, so I only got to use it for a few weeks, but while I had it, it was amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW.

I've been experimenting with BB creams and lighter foundations, because I'm getting older, and even though I have oily skin, the heavy, long wearing foundations are not doing me any favors these days. It's really true what they say....less is more as we age. But I still need the benefits of foundation; disguising minor imperfections, brightening, and making my skintone more even. It's been a real challenge to acheive the light fresh look that I want and still get those benefits while finding a formulation that works with oily skin.

I've tried quite a few recently, with mixed results. Some were downright awful (Revlon BB Cream and Hourglass Immaculate) some were pretty darn good but not suited to my oily skin (Clinique BB Cream), some were REALLY good but I couldn't find a decent color match (Diorskin Nude).

THIS is what I was hoping all the others would be. It is light coverage, make no mistake. It won't hide major problems. But it does provide enough to brighten and even skintone really well. I found that with a good concealer and a good finishing powder it did exactly what I wanted, without looking too heavy or artificial. And here's the best part....it actually STAYED looking fresh and pretty. Often they start out well, but once the oils in my skin begin to react with the product, it either breaks down and begins to look patchy or streaky, becomes heavy and cakey, or oxidizes into some thoroughly unnatural color.

This did none of those things. And it held up to my oily skin amazingly well. It didn't exactly control oil, but it didn't seem to exacerbate it either. I was happy with the minimal amount of shine that I had to deal with.

I found that it really did blur and diminish the appearance of fine lines and imperfections and more importantly, did not settle into and emphasize them. My biggest problem right now is the two very prominent lines on my forehead. No matter how lightly I apply, product seems to settle and crease into them. This did not. And it really did make them seem softer and less noticeable.

I was worried about the high SPF factor. I have found that products with high SPF eithe irritate my skin, smell awful, sting my eyes, or cause me to break out almost instantly. I had none of those problems with this product.

It set beautifully and did not transfer or smear, but still remained fresh and dewy looking. I wore it for a good ten hours and never did it look like I was wearing a ton of foundation. I was so, so, so happy with that.

I was concerned about the color as light was just a bit too pale. I chose medium and I really thought it would be too dark, but this formula is very forgiving and it turned out just fine. Ideally I would like a shade in between the two, but I can work with this.

I hate that it's $30 for a tube. But I have to grudgingly admit that it's worth it. You need very little product, so I think it will probably be more economical that I first thought.

Amazing product. So glad I took the plunge and gave it a try. I almost didn't. :?)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

I like it!

So far, I have only used this as a primer & have been using it for a month. I only use a pea size amount for my whole face. It conceals pores and doesn't settle into lines. I then put Too Face Amazing face liquid foundation on top of it. My skins looks flawless with this combo & my make up stays on all day without looking cakey or unnatural.

I haven't worn it as a bb only yet, but as soon as summer hits I will. I will update this post if my opinion changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Meeechelle123

I usually only wear bare escentuals on my face but I got a tester of the tarts BB cream with a sephora purchase. I instantly became obsessed and RAN to buy the full sized product. Not only did it give a very light coverage (I hate normal foundation.. I don't like anything too heavy) but it also evened out my skin and made it super smooth and silky. When set with the BE powder, it gives a perfect coverage and a beautiful glow. I will buy this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by lindatonks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I was at Ulta and trying to repurchase the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation that I also use. The SA recomended that I try this out since they were sold out of the Amazonian Clay foundation. So I took her advice and on a whim tried it out!
It was a great recomendation, I have notice that it has helped improve the imperfections on my face, like brown freckles around my nose and under my eyes from sun damage. It has also decreased the acne that have been getting from time to time, usually hormonal or I think it is hormonal
I use the light medium shade and it works just fine for my NC 30 skin color. The coverage is great and a little goes a long way. I do apply it with my foundation brush, then apply powder and then translucent powder on top. I have a tendency to be oily in the t zone area, and do apply powder mid way through my day on my nose and chin.
Over all, I now switch back and fourth between my Tarte Amazonian Clay full coverage foundation and this Tarte BB tinted, depending on the occasion or if I really want to go a little more made up or a little more played down.
My daughter, 20 also puchased this product and really likes it. She did try the Amazonian Full Coverage, but it was to heavy for her. This is light and not heavy at all.
I will repurchase this in the future, however I am dying to try the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation mattifying oil free.
Hopefully you will find sucess with this too...I always save my receipts in case it doesn't work out...you can always return it and try another product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by estellanutella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the ONLY thing I've ever found that actually controls my oil even though it has spf! MUFE mat velvet works well, too, but no SPF.

I'm so oily that I blot within 2 hours normally, and if I let myself get to 3/4 hours, I will have to use 3 sheets. With this, I have gone to the (climbing) gym and gotten on a full-body sweat and run to the bathroom to blot only to find that I don't really need to! When it comes to products with spf, I am usually a greasy mess fifteen minutes after application but not with this!

As for acne, I haven't noticed an increase in break-outs... but I definitely haven't "cleared up" either so I doubt this is helping but for the oil-control AND spf 30, it's still making me very happy. Happy enough to give this 5 lippies!

The only thing is its price. At $50 a pop... (in Canada, after tax), damn. But you really don't need much of it to cover your face. I dot ~5 small dots on an area and blend with my fingers. I have acne scars but I'm not looking for full/heavy coverage and would rather let my skin breathe than look flawless but made up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by miisellen

I've used this for about a month now and it makes my face look flawless while still looking like skin. It provides light coverage so if your just trying to even out your skin this is the product for you. It has good oil control. I usually get oily about 30 minutes into my day but this helps control oil for several hours.

It seems the bad reviews are mainly that this product breaks them out. Luckily this has not happened to me. In fact, there are some nights where I am too tired to clean off my makeup and I just wash my face with water and still, not a single pimple from this.

I've already repurchase this cause I originally had the deluxe sample. I use the color light which is yellow based.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by ev123

I purchased this because of the outstanding reviews, but this is quite possibly the worst product I have tried. It actually seems to give the appearance of MORE pores and wrinkles than I have with no make-up at all! It looks okay for the first few minutes after I put it on, but then it settles into imperfections and accentuates them. Plus the texture is weird and the color is off for me. Very orange. If I get any in my eyebrows it flakes up horribly.
Again, I can't believe this stuff has gotten such glowing reviews...

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by joeywin

I have an oily tzone and minor redness. This stuff is perfect. It covers without looking heavy or cakey. The lasting power is also good and gets me through a full day without needing a touch up. It does make my pores less visible and it is a chemical free sunscreen! Love it.