July 28, 2014 | 1677 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

I like it!

So far, I have only used this as a primer & have been using it for a month. I only use a pea size amount for my whole face. It conceals pores and doesn't settle into lines. I then put Too Face Amazing face liquid foundation on top of it. My skins looks flawless with this combo & my make up stays on all day without looking cakey or unnatural.

I haven't worn it as a bb only yet, but as soon as summer hits I will. I will update this post if my opinion changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Meeechelle123

I usually only wear bare escentuals on my face but I got a tester of the tarts BB cream with a sephora purchase. I instantly became obsessed and RAN to buy the full sized product. Not only did it give a very light coverage (I hate normal foundation.. I don't like anything too heavy) but it also evened out my skin and made it super smooth and silky. When set with the BE powder, it gives a perfect coverage and a beautiful glow. I will buy this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by lindatonks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. I was at Ulta and trying to repurchase the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation that I also use. The SA recomended that I try this out since they were sold out of the Amazonian Clay foundation. So I took her advice and on a whim tried it out!
It was a great recomendation, I have notice that it has helped improve the imperfections on my face, like brown freckles around my nose and under my eyes from sun damage. It has also decreased the acne that have been getting from time to time, usually hormonal or I think it is hormonal
I use the light medium shade and it works just fine for my NC 30 skin color. The coverage is great and a little goes a long way. I do apply it with my foundation brush, then apply powder and then translucent powder on top. I have a tendency to be oily in the t zone area, and do apply powder mid way through my day on my nose and chin.
Over all, I now switch back and fourth between my Tarte Amazonian Clay full coverage foundation and this Tarte BB tinted, depending on the occasion or if I really want to go a little more made up or a little more played down.
My daughter, 20 also puchased this product and really likes it. She did try the Amazonian Full Coverage, but it was to heavy for her. This is light and not heavy at all.
I will repurchase this in the future, however I am dying to try the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation mattifying oil free.
Hopefully you will find sucess with this too...I always save my receipts in case it doesn't work out...you can always return it and try another product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by estellanutella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the ONLY thing I've ever found that actually controls my oil even though it has spf! MUFE mat velvet works well, too, but no SPF.

I'm so oily that I blot within 2 hours normally, and if I let myself get to 3/4 hours, I will have to use 3 sheets. With this, I have gone to the (climbing) gym and gotten on a full-body sweat and run to the bathroom to blot only to find that I don't really need to! When it comes to products with spf, I am usually a greasy mess fifteen minutes after application but not with this!

As for acne, I haven't noticed an increase in break-outs... but I definitely haven't "cleared up" either so I doubt this is helping but for the oil-control AND spf 30, it's still making me very happy. Happy enough to give this 5 lippies!

The only thing is its price. At $50 a pop... (in Canada, after tax), damn. But you really don't need much of it to cover your face. I dot ~5 small dots on an area and blend with my fingers. I have acne scars but I'm not looking for full/heavy coverage and would rather let my skin breathe than look flawless but made up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by miisellen

I've used this for about a month now and it makes my face look flawless while still looking like skin. It provides light coverage so if your just trying to even out your skin this is the product for you. It has good oil control. I usually get oily about 30 minutes into my day but this helps control oil for several hours.

It seems the bad reviews are mainly that this product breaks them out. Luckily this has not happened to me. In fact, there are some nights where I am too tired to clean off my makeup and I just wash my face with water and still, not a single pimple from this.

I've already repurchase this cause I originally had the deluxe sample. I use the color light which is yellow based.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by ev123

I purchased this because of the outstanding reviews, but this is quite possibly the worst product I have tried. It actually seems to give the appearance of MORE pores and wrinkles than I have with no make-up at all! It looks okay for the first few minutes after I put it on, but then it settles into imperfections and accentuates them. Plus the texture is weird and the color is off for me. Very orange. If I get any in my eyebrows it flakes up horribly.
Again, I can't believe this stuff has gotten such glowing reviews...

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by joeywin

I have an oily tzone and minor redness. This stuff is perfect. It covers without looking heavy or cakey. The lasting power is also good and gets me through a full day without needing a touch up. It does make my pores less visible and it is a chemical free sunscreen! Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by redbloodlips

I want to love this product, the texture is amazing and it feels good on the skin, it covered my acne scars pretty decently and it lasted 7+hrs on my oily skin. However it made me break out terribly, so I won't repurchase. I guess, I will continue on the path of looking for the right BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by MCast

My first shot at the BB cream craze was unfortunate and a dream-shattering experience. My friend gave me her Garnier 'Miracle' BB cream because the shade was too dark for her light complexion. Well thanks but no thanks, the freakin' product gave me the worst acne. I took me about a week to get my face clear again. Even though Garnier sucked at delivering a formula that did not clog pores, I loved the finish. Dewy and natural-looking. Thanks to this disaster, I was inspired to find a better product, one that was possibly a little pricier, but heck, my face was on the battle line! I came across this Tarte product after lots of research. It's a tinted primer -lacks the whole 'moisturizing' appeal of the BB trend. But does it work on my oily skin! It's easy to apply and controls the shine throughout the day. I do get oily by the afternoon, but I live in Florida, and its humidity has mercy on no one. My biggest surprise was that I did not break me out! Praise the makeup lord! I even took a nap wearing it as its final test. I'm quite happy with this product. It's perfect for someone who doesn't wear foundation, and wouldn't like to do so in the future, but still likes to look pull together while protecting her skin from sun damage. Definitely give it a test run at Sephora!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Annakie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was SO excited to try this product because I'm trying to wear less makeup and be more mindful of the chemicals in what I use. This BB cream is easy to glide on, and the fair shade is one of very few that actually is light enough for my NC 15/20 skin. As others have mentioned, it doesn't offer much coverage at all--mostly it just smooths out your skin tone. I'd mostly recommend it as a primer or something for those who don't like looking "made up."

Personally, I didn't really like the texture of this--it's so full of silicones that it feels greasy, but it makes it slide around well WITHOUT slipping off during the day. Unfortunately, it also highlights every tiny bit of dry or flaky skin you might have.

I also loved that this BB cream has no chemical sunblock, parabens or other questionable ingredients I try to avoid. I did notice, however, that it contains stearic acid, which is acnegenic...I tried it anyway, hoping it was a small enough amount that it wouldn't bother my skin, but I broke out. :( It's going back to the store.

PROS:
--Good color for fair skin
--Physical sunblock
--Long wearing
--Ingredients are on the safe/natural side

CONS:
--Stearic Acid a problem for acne-prone skin
--Picks up dry skin
--Greasy silicone feeling going on

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No