October 24, 2014 | 1715 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love. LOVE. Super light and natural looking, stays matte all day, great ingredients. Hasn't broken me out and I've been using it close to a month, so I think I'm good. Not moisturizing as it claims though. I don't think it's drying either, but if you do have even the slightest dry patch, you will know about it. Its crucial to have your skin in really good condition before applying this. Beyond that I have no complaints. From what I can tell the shade range is decent and its so blendable that it almost doesn't even matter. After much deliberation I went with the shade 'light' (I am almost always the lightest color, but fair just looked SO fair and we're coming into summer anyway) and while it is a little dark, once it's on my skin you can't even tell - in any lighting, and trust me, I've checked. I'll probably purchase fair next time though for comparison. A little goes a long way and it feels really nice and smooth on the skin. The coverage is great, I don't wear foundation now that I've found this. New HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by tabbycam

I'm positively obsessed with this product!

A little history about me: I'm extremely pale with a neutral/yellow undertone (think NARS Siberia) and I have some leftover discoloration from a few truly memorable and frightening cystic pimples in addition to the general unevenness that most people have. My skin is combination (chin and nose get oily, the rest is very dry!)

I just can't stress how good this BB cream is. Before I found this, I was becoming a little distraught at how orangey every other BB I'd tried looked on me, because I have been just over how thick all foundations seem to be (even the ones that claim to be sheer) and I've been looking for a lighter option.

Tarte's BB cream, which I initially received as a sample and then rushed out to buy, has a lovely creamy texture which spreads easily so you don't need a lot of product. It's extremely easy to blend (I'm assuming one's properly moisturized before use, I can't really speak to what it's like to blend if you haven't done that) and the color is perfect on me. I use concealer, dust a little bit of Mac Skinfinish Natural afterwards and it really does look like my skin but better. Not too matte, not too shiny, just perfect.

Redness and discoloration is faded, but without the cakey look that foundations can bring. It lasts for most of the day, I just use oil sheets to blot maybe once or twice. If there's a color match for you here, I really can't recommend this BB cream enough! The best I've tried (and I've tried a lot.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by moonsta

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I ordered this from the Q using their shade chart. It came with a fabulous little baby buki type brush!!! I ordered medium, which right now seems a tad darker than I need. But come summer, perfection!
I love how it feels, blends and smooths. I also like that it is SPF 30!! I don't think 15 is sufficient. Will I buy again, you bet!!!! And in the lighter shade for year round. I normally use a foundation, but I'm not fond of a heavy looking one. I've used Mally, BE and BE Ready, Bobbi Brown, Laura Geller. They all have a different coverage and use. My all time fave was LG's, but it didn't last all day. This does!!!
The Mallyone is also good, but seems "heavy"?? The brush is a small headed buki flat top style. It blends wonderfully. I'm sold!!!

PS: I have now ordered in the next lighter shade and am very happy. I do wish it had more golden tone to it, but it blends well. I like for all day wear!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by sisface23

I tried a sample of the Tarte BB cream from Sephora. I wanted to try it because of it being lightweight, light coverage, matte finish, and that it does not contain parabens. Unfortunately it broke me out. Also,the color was a little too light for me and the product sat on top of my skin. I only wore it for a couple of hours before I washed it off. I woke up this morning with two cystic pimples, which i don't usually get and in places that I don't usually get them (my temple and under my nose).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first American BB Cream that I have tried and I love it. I usually always stick with the Korean BB's but this actually had some benefits so I thought i would give this a try. It goes on so smooth and my skin looked super even I only needed to conceal some small imperfections. What I love about Tarte is that their colours seem to match my skin so perfectly. There light truly fits my super pale NW15 skin tone.

I love how natural my skin looks like I'm not wearing any makeup at all. I like how you can use it as a primer or on it's own. So far I have only used it on it's own but I'm going to try fuller coverage with the Amazonian Clay Foundation. So far though as a Spring/Summer BB this is perfect because it has a spf of 30 and being on retin a I need all the protection I can get. I use Tarte's concealer as well. I also use the Maracuja Oil and my skin has never looked better. My fine smile lines are almost gone and my genetic forehead lines are diminishing.

I really like this BB cream and am happy with my first American version. I love the sheer coverage and how easy it blends and how good it feels on my skin. Especially for a product with SPF. Totally happy and highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried at least 6 BBs and all have been too greasy or didn't have the right finish, shade, or caused breakouts, etc. I tried this one based on the great MUA reviews and I love it. I have the oiliest skin and this BB is absolutely wonderful for me so far. I don't think it would be good for dry skin though, as it seems a bit too mattifying. It feels kind of "silicony" when you first put it on, but blends very well and sets to a beautiful, satiny smooth--NOT dewy or "slippery" finish. It has buildable coverage with a great SPF, and although it's listed as a primer also, I wear it alone. I'm NC25-30 and LIGHT is a perfect match. It has yellow undertones which I like to tone down the redness..
**UPDATE: After a month or so of using this cream, I found that it started to become streaky after several hours and seemed to clog my pores probably because I am SO oily. Started breaking out on nose and chin after several weeks of using this, maybe all that silicone in it? I don't know, but had to switch.. :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A long-lasting tinted moisturizer designed for oily skins or drier skins in humid conditions. Bonus: The lightest shade -- "Fair" -- is suitable for NC15 or slightly lighter skin and doesn't seem to darken or turn orange.

I tried this, even though I have dry to very dry skin, mostly because I've really liked Tarte's face products in the past. What this BB cream does well is last: Of the sheer foundations and tinted moisturizers I've tried, this has the best wear over the course of a day. It doesn't accentuate flakes or pool in pores, either, which is probably a function of all the silicones in it.

However, it does look very matte, which is not a look I favor. I get around the problem by mixing a dot of Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone into a dab of this, which makes the finish a bit more satin without seeming to affect wear.

This contains only physical sunscreens, which don't provide the protection from UVA rays that European chemical sunscreens do. OTOH, if you can't tolerate chemical ss, this could be the BB cream for you.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by cjhardy1999

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loved this product it was my all time favorite. My dog chewed it up, so I only got to use it for a few weeks, but while I had it, it was amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW.

I've been experimenting with BB creams and lighter foundations, because I'm getting older, and even though I have oily skin, the heavy, long wearing foundations are not doing me any favors these days. It's really true what they say....less is more as we age. But I still need the benefits of foundation; disguising minor imperfections, brightening, and making my skintone more even. It's been a real challenge to acheive the light fresh look that I want and still get those benefits while finding a formulation that works with oily skin.

I've tried quite a few recently, with mixed results. Some were downright awful (Revlon BB Cream and Hourglass Immaculate) some were pretty darn good but not suited to my oily skin (Clinique BB Cream), some were REALLY good but I couldn't find a decent color match (Diorskin Nude).

THIS is what I was hoping all the others would be. It is light coverage, make no mistake. It won't hide major problems. But it does provide enough to brighten and even skintone really well. I found that with a good concealer and a good finishing powder it did exactly what I wanted, without looking too heavy or artificial. And here's the best part....it actually STAYED looking fresh and pretty. Often they start out well, but once the oils in my skin begin to react with the product, it either breaks down and begins to look patchy or streaky, becomes heavy and cakey, or oxidizes into some thoroughly unnatural color.

This did none of those things. And it held up to my oily skin amazingly well. It didn't exactly control oil, but it didn't seem to exacerbate it either. I was happy with the minimal amount of shine that I had to deal with.

I found that it really did blur and diminish the appearance of fine lines and imperfections and more importantly, did not settle into and emphasize them. My biggest problem right now is the two very prominent lines on my forehead. No matter how lightly I apply, product seems to settle and crease into them. This did not. And it really did make them seem softer and less noticeable.

I was worried about the high SPF factor. I have found that products with high SPF eithe irritate my skin, smell awful, sting my eyes, or cause me to break out almost instantly. I had none of those problems with this product.

It set beautifully and did not transfer or smear, but still remained fresh and dewy looking. I wore it for a good ten hours and never did it look like I was wearing a ton of foundation. I was so, so, so happy with that.

I was concerned about the color as light was just a bit too pale. I chose medium and I really thought it would be too dark, but this formula is very forgiving and it turned out just fine. Ideally I would like a shade in between the two, but I can work with this.

I hate that it's $30 for a tube. But I have to grudgingly admit that it's worth it. You need very little product, so I think it will probably be more economical that I first thought.

Amazing product. So glad I took the plunge and gave it a try. I almost didn't. :?)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Purplegal

I like it!

So far, I have only used this as a primer & have been using it for a month. I only use a pea size amount for my whole face. It conceals pores and doesn't settle into lines. I then put Too Face Amazing face liquid foundation on top of it. My skins looks flawless with this combo & my make up stays on all day without looking cakey or unnatural.

I haven't worn it as a bb only yet, but as soon as summer hits I will. I will update this post if my opinion changes.