December 18, 2014 | 1614 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by BeatFaceBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brought two of these on a sale at CVS back in Jan or Feb of 2012, I got Raspberry Rose and the Carmel one (2 for $4.00). I just finished the Carmel one last week, yeah it lasted that long (1yr!!!) I really like to apply a thick layer of balm before I go to sleep at night and these are just great for that, they mostirize so well and soak into lips in a matter of minutes :) leaving them smooth and supple plus don't end up all over my pillowcase. They smell wonderful, I never noticed much of a taste to them though, I prefer the Caramel as the Raspberry leaves a white color caste on my lips, I'll keep this one specifically for wear in the house and bedtime and replace my favorite Caramel to throw into my makeup bag. Try it your lips will never be chapped :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Ryuluna

This stuff is a God send for Michigan women in the winter. I tend to get super dry lips, no matter what I do. I put this stuff on, and it smoothes away after a few uses; which is awesome. At first I hated the taste ( I had the vanilla one) and now it's grown on me!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by CecilCandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me start by saying this is my HOLY GRAIL! These little tins are my little circles of happiness. I own each flavour of these little guys. Applying with my fingers is no problem since I always keep my hands clean but if anything your lips fit into the tin too. You can really feel these soak into your lip and they really moisturize! At night I like to kinda cake my lips in it and in the morning I wake up with baby soft lips. This is also perfect to put under lipstick! The smells of each one is heavenly (I personally love Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss the most) Overall just an amazing product. I definitely recommend trying these and will repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow...just wow. I was at Macy's this morning and was about to buy the Dior Creme De Rose but I paused and remembered I had heard of a Nivea dupe, so I skipped the Dior counter. I got the Nivea lip butter in Raspberry Rose Kiss, it was on sale for 2.99. I tried it and it took care of my chapped lips within hours. I've had horrible chapped lips for a week and nothing was working. This stuff is amazing! I have eczema, thus my lips being so chapped, and it's hard to find something that works. I am so glad I didn't hand over the almost $30 for Dior and went for the $2.99 option by Nivea. Seriously. Amazing, I'll be stocking up on a few tomorrow.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Ralooq

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the raspberry rose one. Really disappointed with the scent. I expected it to be more natural. It's quite moisturizing but not the best in this field. I prefer the Yves Rocher one, smells heavenly and does a better job overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by hernandezcee

Really impressed with this product! I have it in vanilla and macadamia and I'm not a huge fan of vanilla scents but this one isn't strong and is quite bearable! I love applying this product on my lips, it makes it feel smooth and since it's currently the winter and my lips are getting chapped and dry, this products really helps maintain it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by dani957e

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

good

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I know this product is loved, but I didn't like it at all. I bought the "Smooth Kiss" at Target, which is a plain, unflavored balm. I searched high and low for the vanilla one, but it was always gone...I wanted to try the product, so I settled for plain. (Maybe this was my first mistake?) The packaging: metal tin with a lid - I can live with it, but not my favorite. Consistency: kind of waxy, I thought. Also, the Smooth Kiss one has a white tint: if you apply it under lip color, expect it to alter the color. For this reason, I reverted to only using it at night, and honestly, when I woke up, I felt it was still sitting on my lips and hadn't absorbed well. Also, I had a really weird, albeit faint, white rim of sticky product around my mouth. Not cool. I actually ended up tossing the tin before I finished it (about a month after purchase). For lip balm, I vastly prefer Palmer's cocoa butter stick, Aquaphor and just plain Chapstick. YMMV!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by SwordInStone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got the raspberry and the vanilla ones on sale, and the other reviewers are right in saying that they make the lips look white. So sometimes I wear them over lip stain, sometimes on my nose, in cuts...

But they work really well as perfume primers, the vanilla one especially. This isn't the usual heavy vanilla scent; it's not cake-like at all. There's something very ethereal and light about it, though the scent itself is quite strong for a lip balm. I apply it to the backs of ears, collarbones, and wrists; it's a good enough scent by itself, but other perfumes last longer applied on top. It works well with L'Occitane's Verbena, Ambre by Reminiscence, grapefruit essential oil, and L'Aromarine's Rose.

However, don't mix the raspberry and vanilla scents; together they smell vaguely offensive, but mostly ordinary.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lilysdoll

I really like this. Its one of my fave lip products. I do prefer Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm. Just eorks better for me. I also prefer sticks over tins. I have the vanilla one of this. It smells great. Overall definitely worth a try.