November 26, 2014 | 1726 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by hernandezcee

Really impressed with this product! I have it in vanilla and macadamia and I'm not a huge fan of vanilla scents but this one isn't strong and is quite bearable! I love applying this product on my lips, it makes it feel smooth and since it's currently the winter and my lips are getting chapped and dry, this products really helps maintain it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by dani957e

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

good

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I know this product is loved, but I didn't like it at all. I bought the "Smooth Kiss" at Target, which is a plain, unflavored balm. I searched high and low for the vanilla one, but it was always gone...I wanted to try the product, so I settled for plain. (Maybe this was my first mistake?) The packaging: metal tin with a lid - I can live with it, but not my favorite. Consistency: kind of waxy, I thought. Also, the Smooth Kiss one has a white tint: if you apply it under lip color, expect it to alter the color. For this reason, I reverted to only using it at night, and honestly, when I woke up, I felt it was still sitting on my lips and hadn't absorbed well. Also, I had a really weird, albeit faint, white rim of sticky product around my mouth. Not cool. I actually ended up tossing the tin before I finished it (about a month after purchase). For lip balm, I vastly prefer Palmer's cocoa butter stick, Aquaphor and just plain Chapstick. YMMV!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by SwordInStone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got the raspberry and the vanilla ones on sale, and the other reviewers are right in saying that they make the lips look white. So sometimes I wear them over lip stain, sometimes on my nose, in cuts...

But they work really well as perfume primers, the vanilla one especially. This isn't the usual heavy vanilla scent; it's not cake-like at all. There's something very ethereal and light about it, though the scent itself is quite strong for a lip balm. I apply it to the backs of ears, collarbones, and wrists; it's a good enough scent by itself, but other perfumes last longer applied on top. It works well with L'Occitane's Verbena, Ambre by Reminiscence, grapefruit essential oil, and L'Aromarine's Rose.

However, don't mix the raspberry and vanilla scents; together they smell vaguely offensive, but mostly ordinary.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lilysdoll

I really like this. Its one of my fave lip products. I do prefer Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm. Just eorks better for me. I also prefer sticks over tins. I have the vanilla one of this. It smells great. Overall definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Lynn1396

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my god! IN LOVE!!
This stuff is a miracle worker!

My local Walgreen's was having a sale- 2 for $5
So I bought all four, and I can't say I will ever regret that decision.
I will defiantly be repurchasing this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by jengin45

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the texture...like butter. Raspberry one is my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by koalaluff

I bought this in the Vanilla and Macadamia Kiss scent/flavor. I didn't expect to like the scent all that much because I'm not a fan of vanilla, but I was completely wrong. I LOVE the scent!! It doesn't smell like typical vanilla. It does have a "warm" smell to it. It doesn't really smell like macadamia nuts to me either?? Either way, the scent is wonderful and I love going to sleep with it on my lips. The texture is nice, but the balm itself is not moisturizing enough for me, but I have very dry skin and lips. It wears off after ~2-3 hours when I don't even do anything except drink water. I think this product is best for normal lips that need just a little bit of hydration. I wish this wasn't a tin, because I hate dipping my fingers in beauty products.

I'd give this a 3, but the scent is just too good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by pkuyken

This is a great product in a handy tin. I am quite the Nivea in a tin fan. great price and great little lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

The best lip balm I think I have ever tried. My lips are super dry and this lip balm lasts for such a long time and moisturizes so well. I will slather this all over my lips before I go to sleep and wake up with super soft and hydrated lips. Definitely a winner.

Plus, it smells amazing (the caramel cream is my favourite scent) and a pot of this lasts me months and months.