December 21, 2014 | 1638 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by mariaralex

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wayyyy better than lip butter- amazing colors & super moisture!!! I have #25 & #75 and will try a few more;) Def. reccommend!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryDuck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear this in Pin-up Peach and I looks wonderful on my lips! The colour is very natural looking and makes my skin look whiter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by drawkcabackward

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own two of these and I think they're a great price. I often wear them alone without chapstick underneath and they don't dry out my lips. However, they do remind me of the Maybelline Baby Lips. They have a slight scent (somewhat reminiscent of Fruity Pebbles) and they smell like the blue normal chapstick from Baby Lips. The texture of the actual lip product reminds me of Baby Lips as well, but the only difference is that it's more pigmented. And when I say pigmented, I mean pigmented. It's obviously sheer if you apply a little, but after putting a lot on (and reapplying it, as I do) I always find that it stains my lips even after not applying it for a long time. Of course, this could just be because I bought two brighter/darker colors that could just be more pigmented (Berry Ready and Make It Mauve). I like these, I'll definitely repurchase. I don't think they're really comparable to the Revlon Lip Butters because those are more creamy and this one actually feels like a chapstick that you can wear for everyday use. I would recommend these as well because they sell for a good price (cheaper than the lip butters) and they seem to last for a good time. My only complaint is that some of the colors are really close to each other in packaging and it's hard to tell which colors which when you're pulling it out of your bag, which means you have to look at the bottom of the packaging and decipher which one you have. Besides that, the packaging is cute, I just wish they had the clear window at the top or at least a color swatch on the bottom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just purchased One Size Fits Pearl based on reviews for this product. I absolutely LOVE it! I have fair skin and love a nude-ish lip. This is slightly pink and it is very feminine. It glides on smoothely and my lips feel so soft. I really like the texture of this. Will purchase again. Wish I could find more nude shades of this ---

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've compared the Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks to the Revlon Lip Butters and prefer Maybelline's formula a little bit more, however I do like the shades/colors that the Lip Butters have to offer more so than the Color Whispers.
This is nice if you're just transitioning into wearing lipsticks, but it's definitely not for long-term wear throughout the day. I find myself having to reapply very often, but I do mess with my lips a lot when I know there's something there, so it'll probably be different for someone who's used to wearing makeup. It feels very light, I almost don't notice it there when I'm wearing it, even if I apply a heavy layer. It's not very moisturizing, and in fact I feel like it makes my lips drier after wearing. The price isn't bad for a drug store product, but at about $6 a tube, it's a bit expensive for me because I'm on a budget. The two colors I have tried are the Orange Attitude and Made It Mauve, both look great and are very sheer. The orange in particular is my favorite because it's very wearable and I've been looking for a color just like it for a long time, but I'm not one for wearing makeup often so it's good when I just want a bit of color without having to commit as much as a regular lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by NicoleRay719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Had a coupon and got money for a rebate so this was only $2. "One size fits Pearl" love that its an almost sheer shimmery color. Will be great for the summer or days (in general) when I can get away with minimal makeup. It's soft, neutral, and moisturizing. And for $2? I'm sold :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

This is definitely one of the best lipglosses I have ever used. I've never liked how bold colored lipsticks look on me so I am very impartial to any lipgloss which can give a natural looking sheer color but that isn't too thick or sticky. Color Whisper fits the bill perfectly!! I adore the One Size Fits Pearl shade. It's a beautiful pinky peach which looks so natural and really lasts, plus it is moisturizing which makes it perfect for the colder months.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ALLiEbomb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a drug store lipstick it is pretty good. I had tried their "Baby Lips" and loved the way it moisturized my lips. In this line I have "Pink Possibilities" the color is excellent ! it doesnt stay on that long, but when the moisture fades the color stain stays behind so thats good. It is also moisturizing. the only down side is that it is a good $8 and it doesnt stay on as long as i'd like.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by rhiannonv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this lipstick in a neutral color- 'Some Like it Taupe.' It's okay. It doesn't give much color. I have naturally redder lips and was looking for something alittle lighter and this does help wash it out. It does have the fine glitter pigments though which is kind of strange but overall it's an okay lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sometimes I just want to cry and give up on lipsticks, yaknow? It's like nothing I do will prevent my lips from turning into a dry chapped mess after one day of colorful lips. Ugh.

So I've given up on the matte lip color look. Whatever, though. I love these things! Not matte, but great for your lips. I have two, one in Coral Ambition (a more subtle coral) and one in Lust for Blush (light pinky mauve, maybe?) and they are so smooth and moisturizing it's ridiculous. So much better to my lips than Lip Butters. The colors look lovely. They smell nice, like Fruit Loops, which will probably weird some people out, but I like it. The only complaint is that the formula isn't as long lasting as I would like. Other than that, I have no complaints, and I've been sticking to these pretty religiously since I got 'em. My lips are so smooth! What a super duper product. I hope I can restrain myself from collecting more. Check out swatches before you buy - the ones I got are lighter colors, but a few are VERY pigmented and strong.