August 29, 2014 | 1309 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by dearlynars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't really find anything positive to say. I was excited that there was a drugstore alternative to YSL glossy stains and I have been disappointed.

I thought considering they are the same company they must have similarities! Nope, They feel horrible - the nicest thing about them is the packaging.

The colours I have are pink resistance (super sheer) and infinite fuchsia (travels to corners of your mouth). Avoid!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by yuklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me first say , I do not purchase drug store makeup for this simple reason. THEY SUCK! I got this lip stain not only did it take multiple applications but, it was nothing near to the color I chose. Furthermore,, it burned my lips to the point it made my lips feel tight and peeling. It is still healing. I had to give it one lipstick because it would not allow me to leave it at zero. For something like this and costing $10.00 it is not worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the shade Rose On and On, and I can't say I'm very impressed with it. I'm very disappointed in the color I get from it, which is nothing like the color on the tube. It's a dark pink, almost red, and I usually try to avoid this particular shade because it just doesn't look flattering on me.
I was able to fix the shade a little bit though, by applying another lighter pink gloss on top.
Other than that, I think it's an OK product. Not as good as YSL Glossy Stains, but I feel it moisturizes my lips, it's definitely not drying.
It also lasts a reasonable amount of time.
The scent is OK for me, it reminds me a bit of YSL's.
It doesn't have quite the pigment and shine YSL Glossy Stains have, but I guess it's an OK alternative.
I won't purchase another shades, because it just didn't impress me enough to go for more.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Lilyjade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally!!! A drugstore product that lives up to all the hype. If you wear this lip stain on top of lipstick, it will prolong the wear of your lipstick and I mean really prolong it, but there is no shine if you wear it on top of lipstick. If you wear it alone, you will get a lot of rich pigmentation and some shine, coming from a lip stain those qualities are rare, but this product delivers it. Dare I say, this stain is ALMOST waterproof when worn alone and waterproof when layered on lipstick.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First, I want to just say that out of all of the new, different lip products Ive purchased in the last year, this one is my favorite. For a stain, it feels quite nice and not super drying or sticky. I love lippie but am not into the clown look or painted on face look so these are perfect for me! Nice and sheer. I got eternally nude and lilac. The nude does not look as it does in the tube, it seems the second it hits your skin it morphs into a more orangy, pinky" nude", not the drab, brownish purple nude it appears. It is...bright for a nude. Light but slightly darker than my lips. After a coffee and sandwich, no touch up needed...but it was gone after a few hours. Still, good wear time. I read that the nude gets the least amount of staining also, so that could be it. Application is smooth and easy. The lilac also is not as it appears. It also is pinker (ALMOST coral) I would guess all of these change a little once on the skin. But so far Im really liking these and plan on at least one more color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by briannaroberts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is anther thing that helped me it made me look better i would give this to anyone who asked this is amazing and awsome if you do get this you would see a difference everytime

-briannaroberts bye

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

*****COLOR REVIEWED #184 ROSE ON AND ON*****
I picked up a few of these but only tried this shade so far. Well, for starters, this shade does not look the same on me as it does in the tube. In the tube, this shade is a warm toned light pink with shimmer. On me, it comes off as a dark rose, almost red looking. It still looks nice on me but just not the shade I was expecting. Second, is the color saturation. I found this shade to be sheer and needs 2-3 layers to achieve good color payoff. Next, of course is the texture of these which is nice actually. I don't find these stains uncomfortable to wear. They stay moisturizing for longer than I was expecting. Now, as for longivity of the color, I don't find that they last more than an hour. The moisturizing feeling remains but the color fades considerably and that is with no eating or drinking. As for the packaging, I do really like it. They are pretty and slim and I love how you can feel the cap snap in place once it is closed. Lastly, the scent of these lip stains is absolutely horrible, imo. These have a very strong floral scent, like Lancome lip products which I find overpowering. However, I do like this product and I do feel like it is worth the $7.49 I paid for them. Overall, I rate this product a 4.
****COLOR REVIEWED # 188 CORAL TATTOO****
All other aspects of this shade review is the same as above except the shade. Coral Tatto is absolutely perfect for my medium olive skin. It does have a strong orange base and it can look odd on light NW skintones. I highly rec this shade if you fall in the NC shades w/ MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Scarlyanne

I just bought two of these in Coral Tattoo and Rose On and On. The Coral Tattoo is definitely my favorite of those. Not too orange or red. It does take a while to dry, and multiple layers to get a good solid pigment. They have a pretty good staying power, I went out to eat sushi for lunch and it was still there when I finished...even though some of it was left behind on my miso spoon :/
I quite like them though, all in all. They could be a bit more staining than glossy, but it'snot enough of a problem for me to knock off a star.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by spearmintstars

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These take practice to apply correctly. They are a stain so it's not going to go on the same as a lipstick would. It has a watery/oily feeling upon application, and even though it has a sponge applicator, I feel like it's necessary to use your finger to finish the blending properly.
It takes a bit to dry, and once it does, it stays put very well. I did apply my regular lip balm over it after some time goes by. The colors aren't true to name, or look really, as I bought the one in red, and it's definitely more of a raspberry color once applied. I feel like you get a very small amount of product, but maybe they did that since you must reapply much less often than a regular lipstick so it all evens out? Also, lips should be in great condition, not chapped in any way or it can hurt or burn when applied.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked up two of these after hearing that they were potential YSL glossy stain dupes, I loved the YSL ones but considering how expensive they were I wasn't about to get more than a few, with the L'oreal you can afford to. These retailed for $13.99 at Shoppers in Canada when I bought them, could of bought them on sale,or cheaper at Walmart, but I was impatient.

The colour selection is very nice, I picked up only two just to try out, Pink Perseverance and Pink Resistance (the lightest in the line since I heard these run darker on your lips than in the tube and my lips definitely tend to do that). Perseverance is a very very light, almost undetectable, definitely will not show up at all on some people. Pink Resistance is a peachy/pink (the better of the two for sure), it has shimmers if I am not mistaken.

In terms of comparing them to the YSL glossy stains, the packaging is very nice on both, the brush is very similar, and when they go on they feel similar (that wet feeling). The colour is buildable and requires several coats, much like the YSL, you apply one layer, let it dry, put on another and repeat. But the L'oreal ones fall short in the wear, they go patchy and uneven (whereas the YSL just tend to fade). Overall, a nice "dupe" of the YSL glossy stains, I will definitely buy more.