April 16, 2014 | 2082 users online

BB Cream - Revlon - Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

UGH. AWFUL.

I'm looking for lighter, fresher coverage now that I'm getting older. I no longer want the heavy, flat, matte coverage that I used to choose for my oily skin.

So I expected this to be emollient. I expected it to have a dewy finish. I expected the coverage to be minimal. In fact, I chose it for exactly those reasons.

But this goes far, far, far beyond "emollient". It's downright greasy and does not sink into the skin or "set" at all. It sits on top of the skin and smears and slides and transfers. It feels and smells very strongly like actual sunscreen. I knew this product had a high SPF, but I did not expect the strong smell. Normally product fragrances don't bother me at all. Even Colorstay, which some people have reported to smell like paint, doesn't bother me in the slightest. But I really cannot stand the strong chemical odor of this product.

And oddly, all the pigment seems to actually seek out the fine lines and pores and sit right inside them, while failing to cover anything else at all. It's the strangest thing I've ever seen.

Perhaps most bothersome of all is the fact that it broke me out almost immediately. Now it's true that as an oily skinned gal, I'm prone to breakouts. But I had this on my face for literally ten minutes before I washed it off. An hour later, I had a huge, red, throbbing blemish on the side of my nose. Everything else I used that day were tried and true products that have proven trustworthy for my problem skin. I've been doing this long enough to know not to to introduce multiple new products at once. It's the only explanation. I blame it on the high SPF content. Again, I knew that when I purchased the product, so I took a risk. But those of you who are sensitive to chemical sunscreens, consider yourselves warned.

Not for me. I can't really believe it's a good producty for anybody, frankly.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by carabeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first ever BB cream, and my first foray back into liquid foundation after being a BE mineral makeup advocate for years.

I felt as though my mineral makeup looked contrived and chalky, wasn't lasting long, and may have something to do with breakouts. I put it aside and picked up the light/medium shade to try, knowing full well it has silicone and would break me out.

After three days and comments from my mother about how great my skin looked, I assessed the "damage": better moisture, fewer breakouts, no worse lasting power. I continued use, and the effect was the same.

I never thought my mineral, "natural", makeup was breaking me out, but after researching, maybe it was. Or maybe I am blessed enough that the silicone in this does not block my pores but protects other unwanted things from entering them.

Whatever the reason, I enjoy this. I need natural, professional coverage by day, lasting wear as I work outside, and a decent price point. This meets those needs. It looks dewy, and helps concealer blend. It does not cover everything, nor is it supposed to, but for the SPF, I forgive that. As it has improved my frequency of breakouts, I can't fault it for not completely covering old blemish marks. I have had to begin using setting powder (mineral veil), to keep it lasting longer.

I tend to be between fair and light, and mixing the two lower shades renders the perfect shade for me ( light is too pale, light/med too orange on cheeks). I notice some separation by end of day, especially with regards to cheeks and blush. But for the moisture and natural finish (at first), I am pleased with this and haven't touched my BE since.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by aferrar1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Iíve heard good things about this BB cream from reviews and youtube, so when I saw it at Ulta for 40% off I couldnít resist (I think it was around $5 on sale).

For reference, Iím very fair, cool toned MAC NW20 Ė I picked this up in the lightest shade Light/Pale. I've noticed a lot of BB creams in Light are too orange/dark for my skin, so I'm happy that this color is actually Light like it claims.

This BB has SPF 30, which I think is a big plus. My plan is to wear this in the summer when Iím going for a ďno makeupĒ look with added sun protection. Iíve been testing it out for about a week and like it so far. I donít think it can work as an all day lasting product Ė but for running around on the weekend or for going out it does a good job.

I have oily skin and this product is really GLOWY (not sure what the word is for it). Itís not shimmery or sparkly at all, just makes my skin dewy/glowy. You will flipping love it if you have dry skin! For my oily skin, I have to RUN to set it with powder Ė trust me in an hour it would not look cute! Once I set it with powder, the coverage is really good.

I use a pea sized amount for all over my face, then go back with a little more for my chin and nose to cover redness/unevenness. I used the Nearly Naked Revlon powder to set it - they make a nice combo.

For the price, Iím happy with it. A lot of the drugstore BB creams are too high $$ IMO, so if you can snag it on sale I think itís worth testing out! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:05:00 PM More reviews by MadHungarian

I'm so impressed with this tinted moisturizer. It covers just enough, smooths things out. I have oily skin and it doesn't get shiny unless I'm wearing it out in the heat, in which case everything turns shiny on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by schixzotic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This was given a BEST rating on Paula's Choice so I absolutely had to try it. Good god, was I in for a nasty surprise. I wore this over Estee Lauder's Nutritious Day Gel-Creme and Biotherm sunscreen. This product's slip value was so high that it refused to stay on my skin and sank straight into my pores! It looked so awful that I had to wash everything off and restart the skin regime, and this time I used L'Oreal True Match (an adequate foundation btw, though not my absolute favourite). No problems with L'Oreal. The next day I attempted again, this time with Shiseido White Lucent underneath and no Biotherm sunscreen. It stuck this time, but I was disappointed to find that the coverage was ZERO. It is at best a primer with suncreen in my opinion. It can, however, be layered IF your skin isn't properly moisturised such that it doesn't slip. I had to apply 5 times before the pigment covered even some flaws. A most disappointing product and I definitely will not repurchase.

If you are looking for a tinted moisturiser with little/no coverage, this would be good, however. It is very lightweight and you barely notice it's there at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by sarahdvy

This is definitely the best drugstore foundation out there in my opinion. I love the thick consistency. It makes my skin feel smooth and i love that it has spf 30. The shade light matched my skin perfectly and blended well. Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I mainly use Ivory in Revlon foundations, but occasionally use Vanilla. For the Photoready BB Cream I wear Light [010], and find that the base is pretty balanced between pink and yellow - not leaning towards one more then the other.

Revlon Photoready BB Cream feels very light and silky on my skin and blending is super easy. Once blended, the results are a smooth satin finish, with a nice glow. However what makes this BB Cream stand out is the surprisingly good coverage it has - I have the Nearly Naked foundation and I think that the coverage with this is almost as good as that. The Photoready foundations contain reflective pigments which some people don't like, but I haven't noticed any in this, so I'm not sure why this is labelled as part of the Photoready line.

Photoready BB Cream won't cover my hormonal breakouts, but my main problem is discolouration, which this product solves. It even reduces the appearance of my pores AND undereye circles too. I've found it to be transfer resistant, long lasting and it doesn't settle in my fine lines. It does feel fairly hydrating, but I have noticed a little bit of flaking around my nose - I do have severely dry and sensitive skin right now though, and the amount of flaking is less then I suffer from with foundations.

I think the packing is very user-friendly; It's in a squeezable, slim tube, so you can squeeze all of the product out. Plus; it's a ideal size for small bags and the lid is very secure.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by draia2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this because I saw it on sale.

【Good】
1. Doesn't have a bad smell
2. Goes on nicely

【Bad】
1. Lasts for about an hour
2. Darkens after setting

It's good if your going to the mall for an hour or so, but personally I will not purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is nothing more than a thick tinted moisturizer (well, all American BB creams are tinted moisturizers with "BB cream" slapped onto the label), which isn't a bad thing, but the problem is that it's not even a very good tinted moisturizer.
Upon squeezing it out of the tube, I notice that it smells a lot like sunscreen, and that it's a bit thicker than most tinted moisturizers. It's not a cream, by any means, but since I prefer thick liquids, I do like its consistency. It's easy to apply and blend with your fingers.
It has a satin finish.
The coverage is about light-to-medium, so it doesn't have great coverage, but then again, these types of products typically don't have good coverage, so I didn't lower the rating because of this.
I did, however, lower the rating because of its longevity. Not only does it not set itself, but it transfers too easily. For that reason, I recommend users set it with a translucent powder, especially those with oily skin because you'll probably look oily by the end of the day.
Unfortunately, for those with tanned or dark skin, it only comes in three shades: Light, Light/Medium, and Medium. The shades do run a tad dark, but Medium is the best match for my NC35 skintone, but it pulls too neutral (I have slight yellow/olive undertones). When I wear it, it's obvious that I'm wearing makeup because my neck is evidently much more olive (read: green) than my face. Go figure.
I think if you have normal, dry, or combination/dry skin without many blemishes to cover and can find a good shade match, this would definitely be a good product for you.
It costs around $8, give or take some cents, for 1 fl. oz. of product. Note that 1 fl. oz. is NOT a lot of product, so this is actually rather pricey for a drugstore item. With daily use, you're not going to get more than a couple months' worth of use.
Would I repurchase? No.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Megansnyder18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I really like the Revlon BB cream but its a little creamy not as smooth as most BB creams, and the spf is amazing. The only thing I don't like about this product is it is it doesn't have a great amount of coverage, but most BB creams don't anyways but once you add concelar and powder it has a good amount of coverage. I also have seen a great amount of improvement in the overall look of my skin,so this is definetley a great product!(: