October 31, 2014 | 1132 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by graceholliwell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The BEST mascara I have ever tried, and I've tried a lot. This goes on really clean and on me does not clump at all, instantly volumises the lashes, and with 2 coats they just look the best they ever have. So pleased with it. Expensive but worth it for me.

This is an unfragranced mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ocelot1

I have a sample of this and thank goodness it was only a sample. This mascara is a very wet formula and is quite clumpy on one swipe. It doesn't seem that there is a stopper to swipe the excess mascara when the wand is pulled out, but when I swiped the brush on a paper towel, there were still clumps on my lashes. Because its a wet formula it gets all over when I blink. It takes a bit for it to dry. It doesn't keep my lashes curled either. Smudges a bit. No flakes. For reference, my lashes are medium length, slightly sparse, super stick straight and stubborn to curl.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this mascara as a free sample from Nordstrom's and I am SO glad I didn't spend the money buying it. It ran, flaked off, irritated my eyes and gave me raccoon eyes. Granted, I wore this during a humid summer day when my eyes were irritated from my allergies but if a mascara can't be worn under these conditions, I don't want to buy it! Back to Maybelline Full N Soft Waterproof!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by starzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

At first, i tried this over my shiseido mascara base. It volumized my lashes like mad, but it made them droop, so ended up giving it to my friend instead. Then spoke to my cousin and bought the full version for 24 because I've figured out how to make it work. I've got short asian lashes, i think they drooped because the formula is kinda wet. So i found out the best thing to do is to use a mascara base and waterproof mascara undeneath that holds your curl, then after it dries ise chanel on top. It volumizes my lashes loads, doesn't do much about length, and makes my lashes curl nicely. Even though its not waterproof it lasts all day on. Looked on instagram and some of the results are pretty mental. Kinda pricey for a mascara, but its worth it in my opinion because its so hard trying to find a good mascara for me. I've tried one of the older mascaras from chanel before, and it dried out before 6 months. Only has this for a week or so, so haven't noticed any drying out just yet, but i will update if i have any more points to voice out. So far though, a <3 from me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by JuliaGj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is seriously the best mascara I have ever used. I have been searching for the perfect mascara for so long. My cousin actually introduced me to Le Volume de Chanel but when I looked at the price, I hesitated. But, I ended it getting it, thats how much I just loved how it looked on my cousin lol. I think it's really great, but I don't know if ill purchase it again, trying to cut back

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by martejensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've always had trouble finding the perfect mascara, and I still don't fell like I've found my HG, but this is pretty close. It separates the lashes nicely and elongates them pretty good with a slight curve. However, it can be a little difficult getting the product on your lashes due to the fact that the consistency of the mascara is so thick/heavy. You may experience some issues with clumping and/or getting product on your eyelid/under your eyes. This is the reason I didn't give it five lippies. After some practice, it gets easier though. It also holds up pretty well during the day, and I have yet to experience panda-eyes with this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Hibaaa

I have been using this mascara for a while now and it is my absolute favorite volume mascara. I have also tried Chanel's Inimitable intense mascara which is a mascara that is perhaps better for those of you who feel that this one might be too much.

However, Chanel's Le Volume Mascara gives instant volume and separation in one coat and also since all Chanel's mascaras have bee wax in their formula it also helps my very straight lashes to curl, which is a BIG deal for me!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by milomatisse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy Moly! I really disliked this mascara..it was too wet and the wand delivered too much product to my lashes. I needed to comb out the extra and thoroughly cleanse my comb between eyes to prevent transfer of the excess from one to the other... I was very surprised given how much I adore Inimitable Intense mascara. Very nice, dark color but just too much product per swipe for my taste.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by misstaggart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wanted to love this, but it's way too wet and messy for me. Even when I wipe off excess product before applying, it just grabs masses of lashes and whips them together in a way I don't find flattering. My lashes do get HUGE, but huge and clumpy, which isn't great.

If you're looking for a dramatic, glossy black mascara that really separates and gives lashes oomph, maybe try Guerlain's Maxi Lash. It's pretty amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by aureliationg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Too wet for weak skinny Asian lashes like mine.
It clumped up my sparse lashes and all curl was lost the minute I put it on.
How I made it work was to first lock the curl and keep the lashes separated and curly with Chanel Inimitable Muilt Dimensional Waterproof Mascara, then I applied the Le Volume on top.
If you have curly long thick strong lashes, then this is for you.
If you have weak sparse lashes, then STAY AWAY.