July 28, 2014 | 1655 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by ceciliemie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! Makes my lashes look perfect. No flaking, it lasts all day long and looks beautiful <3

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lottiescarlett

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PLEASE NOTE - I own a trial sized sample version of this product!

I have always believed that you can get away with cheap mascara if your complexion is beautiful. I have only ever used drugstore mascaras; the Maybelline/Rimmel/Collection 2000/Soap + Glory types. My eyelashes are long, curled but almost white in colour. So for me, I want a dark, even colour that doesn't clump.

With this product I was pleasantly surprised! I am first to admit i'm not a mascara expert - i'm much more into foundations and skincare HOWEVER I used a sample of this and i'm really impressed. I was also pleased at the price as I thought it would be a good £8/9 more. The packaging is predictable yet classy and simple.

If you have straight/short lashes this is NOT the product for you in my opinion. This mascara clumps quite easily as it's so wet but as I desired colour not length I didn't find this a problem. I applied the base coat on naked lashes, waited a minute and then applied another layer to add a little volume to my lashes. Adding another layer made my lashes nearly reach my eyebrows! For me, this is a perfect product and I shall definitely be buying the full sized product. It's also worth noting that I had a tiny sample and it's lasted at least 8 applications which suggests the full sized one will last a long time too.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Draka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only own a sample of this product, but I got more than 10 uses out of it (and still using it), so I can afford giving an opinion.

I had issues with this product on humid weather. I am aware this is not a waterproof mascara, but I has other regular ones that did better at less than half a price. If it's a bit foggy outside, or rainy, or humid in any way, this mascara would transfer on my brow bone and under my eyes. So I can't really be convinced to buy a full size, since I don't like mascara all over my face (who does? but still, I have dark under eyes circles so it's very bad).

The good side: it looks great on my lashes when I apply it, it is light and not clumpy. I love the brush, it's a thick plastic brush: it gives both volume and length, defines and separates the lashes very nice. I can only say about how it looks that it's all I wish for mascara.

If you want to purchase: ask for a sample, or use it from tester (wipe the brush and everything...) and wear it for a while before purchasing full size. Just see how it lasts on you.
If this has a waterproof version, I would definitely but that instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Natinahat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Great mascara !!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Sari7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mascara itself is great. It lengthens like no other I tried and I have tried a few, volumizes and looks dark. However, the brush doesn't help. The formula is very wet and by the second coat it begins to clump and if you blink it's everywhere. It applies better with a regular bristle brush. For me, by the end of a work day, I had it under my eyes creating the look of dark circles especially in humid weather. And it's not as easy to remove. It does great things but with the right brush and weather. Definitely not for everyday or all day wear but more for nights out or special occasions since the effect is dramatic and great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by stls

Good news:
I like the packaging
The brush is pretty good
Odorless
The color is deep dark black
Goes on smoothly
Curls, lengthens and volumizes greatly with two coats
Stays put
Easy to remove

Bad news:
High pricetag
The consistency is on the wet side, so avoid blinking at all cost
It clumps if I add more then two coats

Before Le Volume De Chanel my lashes have never looked so dramatic, sigh... I might repurchase but it's too pricey to consider it a staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Esmerelda55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this mascara...I know it's expensive but I'll make it happen from now until forever. My short, sparse lashes look long and dark, perfect curl. I like the texture of the product, it goes on so smooth and easy. I can't say enough good things about it! I have had no problem with it lasting all day and I really like that I don't need multiple products and techniques to remove it.
The last mascara I tried was benefit 'They're Real'... the Chanel is smoother and gives a better end look by far. The benefit is also very difficult to remove.
I am sold!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG,what an awesome mascara this is!! I,had read some good reviews and i decided to give it a try This mascara is truly amazing!!I use it in combination with my Shu Uemura lash curler and it looks like i'm wearing false lashes.No lumps at all and no "spider legs ,amazing lenght en just a drop dead beautyfull curl. The effect lasts all day long!!.I wish you could see what i mean This is my new HG :-)I will never ever buy another mascara as long is i live!!It's expensive € 30,50 but worth every euro.
Looking for THE mascara?? Le Volume is the one for you!

Update on 11-03-2013

At this moment i still use this mascara but not only in black but in bleu and plum as wel.Both colors are gorgeous!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by flgirl1904

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. I got the sample and tried it and I have never been so happy with a mascara. I would definately buy it again. Even though it's expensive it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by fennykiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's wonderful... first time i wanna buy this product but still confused and wanna compare with they're real from benefit.. and i bought this chanel.... i tried it and it so amazing it volumized my eyelashes. i have so tiny eyelashes and after applying this le volume mascara 3times it becomes very very thick and long... i love it. but talk about price it's so expensive. but trust me, you're gonna love it