August 22, 2014 | 1808 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Neeeneee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Gave me that baby doll lash look, kept them curled, volumized and long- a great mascara. Having tried low to high end mascaras, the most recent being Dior Show, so far after 3 weeks it's proved itself a winner. A little goes a long way, easy to apply too. Had a few black face crumbs today, not sure if I can attribute them to the mascara but will keep and eye for potential flakiness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I love that Chanel has begun to release its new mascaras in three shades (at least) and I tried this in Burgundy. The results were incredible, immediately- long, thick lashes with pretty good definition (I combed through once more just to make sure). I got a black trial version and unfortunately, it flakes TERRIBLY on me. I finish the day with the same thick, long lashes but with a raccoon-effect under my eyes. I'm glad I didn't purchase this, but I'm sorry it didn't work out for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by kamakyri

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My new HG mascara! Thanks to the reviews here, I decided to try this when my L'oreal Million Lashes mascara ran out and I'm so glad I did! I have never used a mascara where I can get great volume and separation in just one coat - a really nice yet natural look. If I want a real dramatic falsies look then two coats. LOVE this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Cashmere

I received a sample...and fell in love. I recently raved about Benefits They're Real. And it will always have a place in my heart. But there reason I jumped ship so quickly and easily a is because I don't have to fight with removing Le Volume. With They're Real, beautiful lashes, but a pain to remove. I would dread it every time. It seems Chanel took that formula and made it easier. It breaks down without scrubbing your eyes till they are red. I really don't care about the price. I wish I was one to be able to use drugstore mascara, but by the end if the day my eyes are fire. The packaging is simple. I will say the Chanel logo on top is cute. Mascara for me is an essential item for that make up no make up look. That, a lil concealer and a pigmented lip color, you look amazing. All in all, I will not only repurchase but recommend to friends as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by hummingbird1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally - a mascara which goes on easily and lasts pretty much all day! I have oily/combination skin and also find that I react quite easily to cheap mascaras (resulting in lovely runny eyes for the day - gross!). I originally got a sample of this and loved it. It makes my lashes look long and pretty and doesn't clump easily. I am only gutted that it is so expensive!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by ceciliemie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this! Makes my lashes look perfect. No flaking, it lasts all day long and looks beautiful <3

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by lottiescarlett

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PLEASE NOTE - I own a trial sized sample version of this product!

I have always believed that you can get away with cheap mascara if your complexion is beautiful. I have only ever used drugstore mascaras; the Maybelline/Rimmel/Collection 2000/Soap + Glory types. My eyelashes are long, curled but almost white in colour. So for me, I want a dark, even colour that doesn't clump.

With this product I was pleasantly surprised! I am first to admit i'm not a mascara expert - i'm much more into foundations and skincare HOWEVER I used a sample of this and i'm really impressed. I was also pleased at the price as I thought it would be a good £8/9 more. The packaging is predictable yet classy and simple.

If you have straight/short lashes this is NOT the product for you in my opinion. This mascara clumps quite easily as it's so wet but as I desired colour not length I didn't find this a problem. I applied the base coat on naked lashes, waited a minute and then applied another layer to add a little volume to my lashes. Adding another layer made my lashes nearly reach my eyebrows! For me, this is a perfect product and I shall definitely be buying the full sized product. It's also worth noting that I had a tiny sample and it's lasted at least 8 applications which suggests the full sized one will last a long time too.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Draka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only own a sample of this product, but I got more than 10 uses out of it (and still using it), so I can afford giving an opinion.

I had issues with this product on humid weather. I am aware this is not a waterproof mascara, but I has other regular ones that did better at less than half a price. If it's a bit foggy outside, or rainy, or humid in any way, this mascara would transfer on my brow bone and under my eyes. So I can't really be convinced to buy a full size, since I don't like mascara all over my face (who does? but still, I have dark under eyes circles so it's very bad).

The good side: it looks great on my lashes when I apply it, it is light and not clumpy. I love the brush, it's a thick plastic brush: it gives both volume and length, defines and separates the lashes very nice. I can only say about how it looks that it's all I wish for mascara.

If you want to purchase: ask for a sample, or use it from tester (wipe the brush and everything...) and wear it for a while before purchasing full size. Just see how it lasts on you.
If this has a waterproof version, I would definitely but that instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Natinahat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Great mascara !!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Sari7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mascara itself is great. It lengthens like no other I tried and I have tried a few, volumizes and looks dark. However, the brush doesn't help. The formula is very wet and by the second coat it begins to clump and if you blink it's everywhere. It applies better with a regular bristle brush. For me, by the end of a work day, I had it under my eyes creating the look of dark circles especially in humid weather. And it's not as easy to remove. It does great things but with the right brush and weather. Definitely not for everyday or all day wear but more for nights out or special occasions since the effect is dramatic and great!