November 27, 2014 | 940 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Paulawaulaa

I love the Naked Basic Eye shadow because the colors are Matte and I love that about this palette . I love that it gives me a natural look . It goes on really smooth , feels light on my eyes and the colors are really pretty :) before I never used the color "Crave" on the palette because I don't really use black eye shadow on me but I love using it as an eyeliner because it gives me a nice smokey look but also a soft look if you blend it really well :) The colors really last long when you use a primer ,I don't know how long the color stays on your eyelid if you don't use a primer so that is something I will try because I'm running out of primer already . I love that its a travel size palette because I can fit it in my little everyday makeup bag that i keep in my handbag .... If was to run out of this palette I would buy it again because I'm in love with it and its only cost $27 at Sephora :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by hersheykiss1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a perfect neutral palette. I'm no shadow expert, but the formula is so blendable and the shades are so neutrally perfect that it gives me a perfect look with little effort. The shadows are luxurious, blendable and creamy. I really like the matte colors, as they are much better suited for my more professional office than the more shimmery colors found in the full Naked palettes. I use the W.O.S. as a base, Foxy on my lower eyelid, Naked 2 in the crease, and I mix Naked 2 and Faint for the outer corner, adding more Faint for more intense looks. I use Venus in the inner corner, and as a highlight. Crave is a fantastic liner, and Naked 2 and Faint double as a brow powder. The size of the palette is perfect if I need to take it on the go with me, since it covers me for shadow, liner, and brow powder. I like the slightly rubberized compact and full mirror as well.

The price is perfect, since you get 6 shades of UD eyeshadow for about $27-28. The only thing I don't like is that every so often the shadow tins will pop out of the palette, but otherwise I am extremely happy with my purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by laurenhager

I love the Urban Decay palettes. This one is great for travel. Great, rich colors that last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by margaretfarnham

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love the size of this palette and the fact that it gives me all of my eye "stuff" in one package. Each of the three lighter neutral colors are very useful in different situations. I used wOs most days with naked 2 in the crease. I use crave on my waterline at night. Faint is both a good day liner and as a brow filler. The lightest color has a tiny bit of shimmer and is a great highlighter!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by cadwell125

This is the perfect palette. I wear this everyday. The shades are beautiful, highly pigmented, very blendable, and last all day with no fading or creasing. The size is perfect to take on the go. Great value for $27!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been eyeing this palette for some time. I couldn't bring myself to drop $27 on it - just seems overpriced. I waited patiently and lo and behold, ULTA gave me a 20% off coupon to use towards it.

I am so glad I purchased this. It's small but perfect for travel. The shadows are what you come to expect from UD - creamy, highly pigmented, blendable, and long wearing. This palette is pretty versatile because the shades are so neutral. You can do both daytime & evening looks. My first look was a smokey eye using nothing but this palette. I got so many compliments - enough to erase any doubts I had about spending the money. This palette is also good to create a soft eye that's appropriate for work and other more conservative settings.

Overall, it's pricey but it's like any UD Naked palette - an investment. If you can get past the price tag, you won't be sorry.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by atlanta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I saw this in an ulta 3 ad and decided to try. I wanted to get my make up routine down to a few basic items as I was in an orchid bobby brown rut. I've never used urban decay before now I'm sold. How does this dry powder look creamy? Yes my eyelids are starting to get crepey looking, this pallet's options brings out the best in my blue eyes. I used the darkest shade with a dry brush for a thin eye liner, blend the next darkest in the crease and add some light on the brow bone add mascara and eyes are done. Lasts all day at work without any touch ups. I'll be sad when this is used up! My only negative is I thought it was expensive but in hindsight worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to, everyday eyeshadow. I'm in my 50s and I don't like the frost/shimmer eyeshadows and this is just perfect. The shadow goes on easily, doesn't ever crease (yea!) and can be applied in so many ways for lots of different looks. Perfect for day or evening looks. Easily create a natural look or a smokey eye. And this palette does not bother my sensitive eyes! The only drawback (IMHO) is there are too many of the very light shadows and not enough of the taupe shadows. I'm definitely going to run out of 2 colors way before the rest. For that reason alone I will probably not repurchase and will instead pick up those 2 shadows I use the most. Bottom line: am I glad I purchased? Absolutely!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Kellie183

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll admit I only bought this palette because I owned all the other naked palettes, I'm more of a shimmer girl but these mattes are perfect for everyday wear. I also use faint for my eyebrows and it's perfect. For €26 I can't fault it either. Packaging can be a bit hard to open but it protects the products inside perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I think this is the perfect palette for a person wanting some great neutral eyeshadows in a compact case - especially if you don't already own a batch of them. However, I do own a batch of neutral shadows and found that these were not any more outstanding than the many MAC, UD or other ones I already have and so I passed my palette along to my future daughter in law. The formulation of these shadows is excellent, though, and I do recommend the palette.