August 23, 2014 | 951 users online

Treatments - OPI - Chip Skip

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2003 6:57:00 AM More reviews by nessac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

this product did absolutely nothing to keep my nail polish from chipping. it was a wasted step completely. dont waste your money :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2003 11:12:00 PM More reviews by zill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff works really well if you use it according to the instructions. It's not meant to be like polish. It only gets rid of the oils on your nails and prepares them for the polish. Makes my manicure last days longer too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2003 10:24:00 AM More reviews by amo2s

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

As a guitar player who keeps her nails trim (and never uses gloves when washing the dishes), but likes to wear polish, this has made it possible. I have used this product for the past month and my manicures have lasted an average of 6-8 days. Without ChipSkip, they normally last 2. But I am diligent to follow the instructions on the packaging and I moisturize my cuticles with oil every day.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2003 3:55:00 PM More reviews by lucysmum

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Total waste of money! I never had splitting nails until I used this. Waited a week or so and tried again; more split nails. Definitely a loser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2003 2:30:00 AM More reviews by WaterBaby

To me, it made a big difference. I apply before my base coat and my manicure lasts for much longer than before.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2003 10:25:00 AM More reviews by michlieb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with the others. Just use a good base and top coat. This product didn't work for me at all. My polish never chips, but with this, it chipped right away. A total waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2003 1:40:00 PM More reviews by GermanGirl

Skip the No Ckip! I say use a good base, a good polish, and finish with a top coat. I thought this stuff was just useless! I imagined it being something you appied after the polish to get that no chip result, so I sought it out... only to always find it sold out. I thought it must really work if it's always sold out... Then I got it as a gift and was so disappointed. My nails chipped so badly that week. Plus, how do you keep nails from yellowing if you can't apply a base first? The concept it to put it on bare nails, then add the nail polish to keep it from chipping. Skip the No Ckip! I say use a good base, a good polish, and finish with a top coat. Keep your hands out of water and wear gloves when cleaning around the house to making a manicure last. I hate super speed drying polishes. They really chip.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2003 12:50:00 AM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What the hell is this? I got it right away and I just couldn't figure out the concept. I applied it under N/P and it seemed to encourage chipping! I applied it over polish and it literally ate the polish right off! It must contain some sort of acetone b/c my nails became weak and two broke after a week of using this. I am so disappointed b/c it's so unlike OPI to drop a bomb of a product on it's long line of committed users!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2003 11:48:00 PM More reviews by NYgirl

What a waste of money. This product is nothing but hype. My nails chipped in 1 day while using this product. My bottle went straight into the trash. Save your money, ladies!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2003 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I should have just stuck by my old trick of swiping my nails with nail polish remover prior to polishing them.
Chip Skip, from what I've read, is supposed to remove any oils on the nail which could interfere with polish adhering to the nail surface.
My nail polish didn't last any longer as a result of "priming" my nails with Chip Skip.
I expected better from OPI.