December 20, 2014 | 1117 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by scunagorelik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so wonderfully constructed as a foundation, I feel like I'm wearing nothing. It's very light so no heavy coverage or anything. Perfect for summer. The only thing I dislike is the price. I also have the concealer which is very nice as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm writing my review based on a one week sample I received. I will be going next week to buy a bottle. I don't normally use foundation, as I can't stand the look of it on my skin and my bf hates it when I am wearing "skin makeup" as he calls it. But I do have a bit of diffused redness over my cheeks and nose that really bug me and I'm always trying to cover up. So my normal routine has been to use dr haushka bronzing concentrate, dust some setting powder on that, and hope my face is "glowing" as opposed to "red" lol. I went out to get this once I read a review that it gives good coverage with a no-makeup feel, and that it blends seamlessly into skin. I have to say I really love how this makes my skin look. The first day I wore it I happened to be getting passport photos, so I could see that it also photographs beautifully!
Pros:
- texture feels great on the skin, just melts in when applied and blends beautifully
- you apply with your fingers - one less brush to wash :)
- buildable light/med. coverage (enough for my redness anyways)
- semi-matte finish
- doesn't make me break out
- doesn't get oily throughout the day
- truly has a no-makeup look & feel, and you can't see it on your skin
- color doesn't oxidize, stays true
- gives a lovely no-pore, even toned look to skin that shows up in photos beautifully
Cons:
- will accentuate any dry patches on your face
- seems to really sink into pores &make them more visible
- tends to be a bit "dull" for me, so I would add a drop of bronzing concentrate (or even a GA Fluid Sheer #3 or #10 would look AMAZING with this!)
Overall, I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants a beautiful no-makeup look on their skin but still wants to wear something to even out their skin tone.
EDIT - 03/12/12 - I don't know if I'll buy a full size after all. After wearing it all day it settled into the pores beside my nose, looked pretty bad.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First tried a sample of this at a evening leisure makeup class I was taking. I applied with sponge and it made my skin look so incredibly dry and flaky that even the teacher was shocked and had to remove it and start over. I tried again the next day using my fingers, as was suggested by the SA, the results were much smoother. It easily glided over skin and blended very well. This is the first foundation I've tried that truly looks invisible on the skin. BUT and it's a big but...it covers nothing. Blemishes, acne scars and pores are still visible. Its the equivalant to only dusting face with powder to tone done shine and mattify. It more or less looks like your wearing nothing and for such an expensive product what is the point?? You'd be better of with a tinted moisturiser or BB cream, at least then your skin would have a healthy glow rather than the matt effect with you get with maestro. Its probably a foundation for those already gifted with great skin and only wanted to even out without looking like there wearing anything. I'll give Armani points for trying a new serum style foundation and I can only presume that other makeup companies will follow suit and hopefully a much better coverage product will be produced at some point.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by emilymakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was excited to try this after all the reviews and blog posts out there, especially since I have been looking for a natural-looking foundation that leaves a luminous finish (my preference runs to the dewy end of the spectrum and I hate a matte finish on my face). I tried it at the Armani counter at Bloomies. As many others have noted, the consistency and feel of Maestro is really amazing. It spreads incredibly easily and feels like a very lightweight but nongreasy oil when applied. Immediately upon application, I felt like I really could see it sitting on my skin and it did not look natural to me. After 15 minutes or so, it adjusted and looked more natural and "at one" with my skin. It definitely has good coverage. But while the finish was not matte, it was almost powdery looking in an odd, flat way. It really took the life out of my skin. I was relieved to wash it off! Glad I took it for a test run first. I also tried a sample of the Luminous Finish later at home, and fell in love with that - much more natural and leaves my skin looking hydrated and lit up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is an interesting foundation. it feels more like a skincare, applies like a serum and it is velvety smooth and soaks into skin beautifully. i wear shade 4 and it is a good match. i am a shade 20 in chanel perfection lumiere and vital lumiere aqua. so far i have been reaching for this over my other foundations. the coverage is a true medium. it covers redness fairly well and evens skintone overall but does not cover brown sun spots too well. this wears flawlessly throughout the day, does not get oily even on my t-zone, i do not need to touch up at all. my skin is in the drier side since the weather is colder now...one thing that i have to watch out when wearing this is that i need to have a good exfoliated skin because it will accentuate the dry patches and skin must be well moisturized prior to applying this. i would have preferred to have this foundation come in a pump bottle...since the dropper can get a little messy at the neck/opening of the bottle. it is expensive but it is worth a try since it is very unique to other foundations in the market.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by DeborahTX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Saw this reviewed on Allure Mag's Best of Beauty and had to try it. I am quite fair and I went with shade 4. The shade is fine--melts right in and I can't see where I've put it. However, the foundation is a bit sheer for my taste. (A few old blemish scars I like to cover that don't disappear.) I have tried with primer and without, and it is fine either way. I haven't had any breakouts. I find that by noon, my nose is quite shiny, even with a mattifying product underneath. So overall, can't say I love this foundation but it isn't bad either. Quite nature finish yet better than plain skin. Probably won't repurchase.
**update 12/2/12: After a few weeks of wearing this, I have tried again without primer. That seems to be the key to reducing the shine. However, it is still more sheer than I like. I would like it to make my face look *better*, and I can't say it does that. Rather a disappointment overall.
**second update 12/30/12: I am now applying with fingers rather than a brush. That seems to work better too. Nonetheless, I can't say I love this foundation. I'm using it because it is just way too expensive to toss. Sigh.
**third update 3/29/13: I've stopped using it. Just hated the amount of shine. Back to my old Prescriptives Flawless in Peach.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by darkangelslave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a foundation junkie, to date i have 45 different foundations from as many brands... When I read the articles on this product before it came to Australia, I knew I wanted to go and try it. It felt AMAZING! It blended into my skin on my hand well and smoothed on. I have used GA luminous silk before and reacted badly, but this one is ok on my skin. I used number 3 in LS and so on the advice of the BA i got #3 in maestro too as she said it would go half a shade darker after a while. (Don't believe this, it went half a shade LIGHTER not darker). Number 3 is slightly pale for me, so should have gotten number 4 for summer and maybe 3 for winter. So this bottle will be waiting until i get to winter. Ok time to end the babble, here are my pro's and cons:
PRO'S:
amazing texture that melts into skin
Nice semi-matte finish that looks really natural
buildable (truely) i took mine from sheer to full in 3 coats
nice bottle design, hygienic and cute
designed to be applied by fingers (YAY!)

CONS
not very moisturizing even on normal skin
sinks into all of my pores if I dont use a silicone based primer first
gathers in dry patches (even if your skin doesnt feel dry, you will notice dry patches after applying this)
cannot be used with a brush (i've tried, it just dries too fast)
missing some 'glow' sometimes looks a bit flat

overall, for the price, i'm slightly disappointed with it's performance. I expected it to be uber-awesome and was slightly let down. It needs a little more moisture and in my opinion needs some more "glow". Its semi matte but sometimes it looks just too flat! Would sit nicely on those with already nice normal skin. Due to not being able to wear this without a primer, I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Humble1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read the reviews on this and they sounded glowing. I am always looking for that fountain of youth and hoped I would find it. First, doing the research to find the correct shade is a challenge, but there are a lot of good sites out there. Next, I had to wait ages for the produce due to heavy demand, so my hopes continued to be uplifted. When it did arrive, I liked the idea of an eyedropper, you can get just the right amount. I put 3 drops in my palm and made dots on my face and was amazed at how beautifully it blended. After about 5 minutes you do see a difference and the coverage lasts all day. But, it is not a fountain of youth, it is too expensive and I sent it back. I got it in 4 and it is a good shade for my blond hair, blue eyes, fair complexion. Maybe 5 would have been better, but I did like 4. I think this is perfect for younger women. I will stick to my favorite but will always continue to be on the lookout for the one that will transform me.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by jmsk112486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tons of foundations; I am a foundation junky. I'm always looking for the luminous but naturally looking skin. I have found it in this foundation!! It is very light, like a serum. It spreads like a dream too. I think fingers are the best method for this particular foundation because it is very runny. I have the shade 4 but I could also get away with 2.

I like this foundation because it gives me a general glow without feeling like I'm wearing makeup. It's that light. I thought BB creams felt slightly heavy but this is just like my skin.

I also have acne prone skint that is very prone to clogged pores. I have had not had any trouble with this foundation so far. I do need to build up the coverage using a concealer for some old discolorations on my cheeks but otherwise the coverage is perfect for me.

I've also discovered that I don't need to wear a powder with this foundation, it doesn't fully keep the oil at bay but it does keep it relatively in check. It also made no difference in whether I wore a powder or not.

I highly recommend that you at least try this foundation at the counter before purchasing because it is not for everyone.

*reference in skin tone: NC 15-20, Chanel .5-1.0, Bobbi Brown Sand, Christian Dior Nude 021 or 10, Dior Forever (old formula) 10. Estee Lauder 1.0

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jeri55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't written a review for a few years (probably because I haven't found any product outstanding enough to merit one), but GA Maestro has perked me up and made me want to sing its praises. I'm also hoping this will be particularly helpful to those of us who have been mourning the demise of what was a HG foundation to many on MUA: Estee Lauder Enlighten. (Just to clarify, I had never used an EL foundation before Enlighten and have never used one since, but Enlighten was a truly unique formula). I have spent both years and a small fortune since it was discontinued trying to find a replacement. Since Estee Lauder bought out so many other brands, I figured it was only a matter of time before they brought back the formulation (or even a close facsimile) in one of their other lines or under a different name. So I have relentlessly tried out every single foundation, TM and BB Cream that has been released, always keeping my fingers crossed that SOMETHING would at least strike a chord of similarity. I kept my box with Enlighten's ingredients and have compared them to every new product, to no avail.

Let me be clear: Maestro is in no way a dupe or substitute for Enlighten. But to those who adored one very special quality about that particular formula, I do think it's worth a test drive. From the minute I applied the first drop of Maestro, its liquidity felt similar to the one outstanding thing I loved about my old foundation - and what I have been trying to duplicate - a light, weightless feeling that still offered superb coverage. To me, this is the thing most worth mentioning about Maestro. It goes on watery, yet still magically seems to cover more imperfections than does every one of my heavier foundations. I find it works on both the dry and oily parts of my combination skin, doesn't catch on dry patches and wears perfectly throughout the day. Doesn't oxidize and seems to maybe look even better by the end of the day than it did when it first went on. The liquid texture is what keeps it from sliding into fine lines, so it looks much less aging than a heavier, creamy formula. And it has a perfect finish: dewy, not greasy. It feels clean and almost like nothing on the skin. Works to cover up pores to some degree as well.

I do have two small issues: I find the dropper messy to deal with and think it would have been better packaged in a pump (even with the liquid texture, this could have worked fine) or in a squeeze tube with a pointed tip. And the color selection is a bit vexing: the intensity of 5.5 would be my perfect match, but I need a more yellow undertone. There is no 6.0, so I had to go to 6.5, which is actually a perfect yellow undertone, but is just a little too dark. Wonder what happened to 6.0? And finally: only one thing almost stopped me from even testing Maestro: I am acne-prone and generally do not do well with the ingredient cyclohexasiloxane, especially when it is almost first in the list. But I have not broken out from this and have been wearing it for months now. My theory is that its thin texture is what makes it easier for my skin to tolerate. It is not nearly as occlusive as the other formulas I had difficulties with in the past, so perhaps the liquid formula is light enough to not clog pores.

In any event, this is (in my opinion) one of the actual innovative foundations that has been released in quite some time. So for that reason alone, it is probably worth a try. And to my fellow MUA'ers who have been on a futile search for an Enlighten replacement, I hope this helps fill the void just a little bit:) continued >>

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No