October 21, 2014 | 1833 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by mzcris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Way better than Naked palettes, both I have purchased. The absolute best eyeshadow palette I have. The colors are so rich, pigmented with creamy smooth texture. It is easy to blend, work with, and long-lasting. The variety of shades available in both matte and some shimmer is a great collection to own. There are many possible looks that can be created from this. Lorac has offered great quality eyeshadows for a low price in this palette. I would hope future palettes they create will be as equally amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ktmacup

I love this palette!

Pros:
1. You can do so many different looks with it!
2. The colors are very pigmented!

Cons:
1. All cool tones. They may not look like it so much in the pan but they really are. I did someones (very warmed tone) make up with this palette and the tones I just did not like. So I would only recommend this to some one cool, neutral, or like me a (now bc of winter) a paler warm tone...
2. The shadows are pretty powdery, not as creamy as I would like.

I know the cons seem like I am not a fan of the palette, but I am. I love it. I just think that if someone is going to spend $40+ they should know the cons.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by elles143

Full disclosure - I have the Naked2 but not Naked. I bought my Naked2 last year but debated between this and the Naked2 at the time. I decided to go with Naked2 then because a) the case seemed sturdier and I wanted something that travelled well b)you get more product.

I went into Ulta last weekend and picked up this bad boy because Ulta had it in a set with an eyeliner for less than the cost of the palette by itself (the set was $39 and the palette by itself is usually $42), plus I got 20% off with the email coupon - JACKPOT!. Since then, I've been using it everyday. I love my Naked2 but it just doesn't have enough matte colours. The LORAC palette fills this void beautifully and the shadows are so buttery and smooth. I love every single colour in this palette and think the colours are suitable for any skintone. If I had to buy just one - I'd probably choose this over my Naked2, mostly because there are more matte colours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I just repurchased my second LORAC PRO Palette as this is something that I use A LOT and had hit pan on almost all the colors in the palette. These eyeshadows are velvety in texture and blend like butter, they are heavenly to use.

I use a lot of LORAC cosmetics and have yet to purchase something that did not meet or exceed my very picky expectations. I do shy away from eyeshadows that are too glittery and do like to stick with mattes, pearlescent and low shimmers. With LORAC, even her glittery eyeshadows are complimentary to aging eyelids.

I have never experienced fallout from any of her shadows, but I always use an eye primer to get the best and longest lasting results. This coupled with LORAC eyeliner in either Black or Dark Brown and topped with PRO mascara always makes my eyes pop and gives me great looking results.

I just purchased my second as part of the Christmas blockbuster that included the PRO palette, primer, full size PRO mascara and full size eyeliner in black for $48...that's an awesome deal since this palette alone sells for $42!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by kbaker21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just purchased this today from Ulta on a whim but I'm very reassured after reading a couple of other reviews. Like many others, I was on the fence with UD Naked 2. i Love UD but $50 was just out of my comfort zone. I love the feeling of a deal lol. Lorac sold me when this I saw that this palette also came with their liquid eyeliner and eye primer for only $39!!!! So go to Ulta and purchase this like yesterday!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by kelley808

Let me start off by saying that I have the BEST husband, EVER! He had been watching carefully for the past 6 months as I combed the internet, read reviews, looked at swatches and suggestions on dupes to decide which neutral palette to buy; since I was pretty sure I was going to get UD Naked 1. (We are on a somewhat limited budget, so I wanted to make sure that I chose "the one"-since I was really only going to purchase one palette for the remainder of the year.) Well, nevertheless, we received some great news yesterday. So he asked me, "honey, how much is the make up you want?" I told him that the ones I really like cost about $150, but I have a 20% off coupon, so it would be a little less. He hands me $200 and tells me, "go get what you want, honey. I love you." So off I went! After going back and forth swatching the UD Naked eyeshadow palette and the Lorac Pro eyeshadow palette, I decided on Lorac's because of the insanely silky consistency and the beautiful neutral colors. This is my first Lorac palette, and I am soooo happy I got it! (Side note-on my way to the register I was able to find the last NYX Nude on Nude palette with the lipglosses and also picked up UD Vice 2, which was another item I was eyeing and am so lucky my husband gave me enough money to get it!) Final cost after taxes and discount-$106!!!! I am sooo happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love. I used to love my Naked 2 palette and used it for my every day makeup, but ever since getting this one, my other neutral palettes have stayed in my drawer. I think compared to the Naked 2 palette and the MAC eye shadows, the shadows in this palette are more pigmented and more easily blendable. I think the biggest difference is definitely the texture. The shadows are so unbelievably soft, unlike any other eye shadows I've ever used; I can't even explain how it feels when you swatch it on your fingers. It's like swiping your fingers over silk.

I also think the colors are great. I normally only wear neutrals, but there are definitely some more exciting options in there (like Garnet -- a coppery shade great for fall). I also love that there are 8 matte shades and 8 shimmery shades. I think that the matte shades definitely separate this palette from others I've used. I think that the Urban Decay palettes do not have enough matte colors and I find that the MAC ones can often been a bit chalky. The color Champagne is very similar to MAC's Naked Lunch, which is one of my all time favorites. The color Pewter is similiar, although slightly darker than MAC's Satin Taupe, also one of my all time favorites. I think the matte black shade in there (conveniently called black) is better than MAC's carbon. Cream has also become my favorite matte brow highlight color, in my opinion superior to MAC Blanc Type and Foxy from the Naked 2 palette. I find Blanc Type less blendable and Foxy too yellow. The one color I do miss from my Naked 2 palette is Tease.

I also love the packaging. I never end up using brushes that come with palettes anyways so I love that this palette is light, slim and compact, with no extra slots for anything. It is great for traveling and has a nice sized mirror.

I personally also think that at $42, it's definitely worth the price for 16 colors. I know that each of the pans is less product that most palettes, but I honestly never hit pan anyway so I think for the color selection, it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Stareast

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first high end palette (but I didn't have a lot of eyeshadows before anyways) and I'd even debating between the 2 naked palettes, stila in the light, and this. All of the girls at sephora were telling me that they loved these shadows and they were so right! They're so creamy and easy to blend and had all the colours, matte and shimmery that I need, including a matte black that I often use to subtlety line my upper lash line. No complaints about the price, $42 for 16 gorgeous shadows and a decent primer in travel size.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by aimsterdam

It is a very nice palette with a good variety of colors. The colors have great pigmentation BUT i ALWAYS have a hard time blending the darker colors like the black and deep purple. I BARELY dab my brush into the color and once i place it onto my eye, its SOOO hard to blend and i have to be super be careful to not make mistakes. 1 lippy off for that. I wish the dark colors were easier to blend. the colors are also pretty dusty and make a mess. Very nice palette otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by thegrumpus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love my pro palette so far! The colors are beautiful, and so buttery in texture, that they're a dream to apply! I like the variety of shades, and how there is a mix of shimmery and matte. I feel like you truly can create almost any look with this! They are also long lasting. Applied it in the morning, was out and about all day (my last stop was the gym), and when I got home it was still looking like I had just applied it! I hadn't put on primer either since I was in a rush! I think I may even like this better than my naked palette....