April 18, 2014 | 1778 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Rebel Lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by GucciDiva

I am quite pale and darker lipsticks are tricky on me, they often look way too vampy on me. This looks excellent, I'd describe it as a darkened blackberry fuchsia. Unlike most dark colors, which have a brownish undertone, this is still pink looking so it doesn't look harsh on. Also, the formula isn't drying like most MACs are, I highly recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by nicka11207

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive wanted rebel for a looonnggg time & i finally bought it for myself as a graduation gift. i love it ! it compliments my skin perfectly. looking at it on the MAC website it looks a lot different from in person. i personally do not recommend you buy mac lipsticks online unless you already know what the color looks like in real life. i like to pair mine with purple rain lip liner from NYX because the undertone of rebel is the exact color of purple rain (perfect match). using a lip liner def help the lip stick last a lot longer.
PROS:
the pigment is great
not too drying
last long
CONS:
price

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by funyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I rarely wear a bold lip. But when I do, I don't reach for the red lipstick; I wear REBEL! I was recommended Beet lipliner, but I didn't want it to look red. So I bought Magenta lipliner, and with Rebel on top damnnn looks gorgeous and edgy.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Prazzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a dark berry shade to wear in winter. I looked at photos of Rebel online and was disappointed, as it seemed to swatch quite red/fuchsia, instead of the deep purple it appears to be in the tube. However, swatches varied enough that I didn't trust the photos and decided to buy it and see for myself. On my lips it is a dark wine red. Adding more layers brings out the purple tones. Removing it leaves a bright fuchsia stain.

I really like the colour, I find it very flattering despite it being quite dark. I would recommend applying this with a brush instead of straight from the tube, for more precision. Your lips need to be in good condition to wear this lipstick. I applied it straight from the tube to test it and it got stuck to little flakes on my lips that I didn't even know were there. To prepare my lips for wearing Rebel, I apply some Vaseline, leave it on for about 10 minutes, then buff it off with a damp washcloth. This leaves my lips soft and flake free.

Whether you want to wear this shade full on or blotted off, the result will be dramatic. There is little you can do to tone Rebel down. The colour will suit all skin tones. It also makes teeth look whiter.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by thasatol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

sigh i love this lippie it pops off my nw 55 skin with a purple berry color the color is absolutely perfect for woc

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 8:03:00 PM More reviews by zendejasl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I loveeeee Rebel, and not only because it is from MAC but because it is the best lipstick I have ever worn! I alwaysss get compliments and always get asked if I am wearing different shades of lipsticks and I just smile and say that its just one :) I lost my Rebel lipstick at school this morning and as soon as I got out of class I noticed and went straight to a MAC counter to buy another. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by missty86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this lipstick. its a gorgeous pinkish purplish color and it stays on all day. i didnt have to retouch until i had a 3 course meal.
it looks great on my skin tone (indian, n40-42). also looks great on fair/white skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Zena89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was my first MAC lipstick (though I only use Mac concealers) & I <3 it.

After seeing my favourite YT guru applying this gorgeous berry shade, I went and got one. I was initially a little disappointed that on my skin (NC45-50) it looks more purple than 'berry' (red/purple)...But after seeing some pictures of me I realise that it changes on my lip depending on the light i'm in...
So many compliments...half of my friends bought it after seeing me in it.
<3 the finish and the staying power. It does transfer a bit, but doesn't wear off easily, which is good as I HATE reapplying lipstick loads through the day.

*Update* one year of having this colour has made me fall even deeper in love with it. I LOVE it- hands down fav lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Tru992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

got many compliments and made my eyes pop. will repurchase, i would wear it everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Steph6xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ahh I have found my favourite lipstick!! I think this is my new signature lip colour (used to be red lips) but this gives such an amazing colour. I blend it in well with Mac Vino lip liner and apply a couple layers because I personally like a darker, deeper lip colour on me. I feel that the photos on here aren't very accurate in portraying the colour, I think because the flash just shows it to be a flat pink. On me it is a deep berry pink with a subtle purplish tone to it. Felt so good wearing it out the other night especially when getting compliments on it.
I didn't think it would suit me at first but now I am convinced this colour would suit anyone!
Will definitely be buying more. :)