April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Chiki11

Today i went to the MAC counter and i was looking at the lipsticks, this color caught my eye and i ask the SA if she can apply it on me....when she did it was an instent DAMNNNNN! all eyes were on me, i got SOOOO many compliments and plus 12 guys asked for my number while having this lipstick on. I have black/brownish hair with light brown eyes and light-olive skin tone. This lipstick looks the best if u have very dark hair and only wearing eyeliner and mascara, and light bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Sudania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Very nice sexy red color....looks so sultry, even if youre not a big fan of red lipstick in general, you will fall in love with this lipstick. MAC has such a great variety of lipsticks...and i think this is one of the top best ones. defiently something u need in your purse :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2007 2:29:00 AM More reviews by lippyNblush

This is a BEAUTIFUL blue based red lipstick. I can't emphasize enough how beautiful this is. This is a classic color that u keep for any special occasion. The finish is Satin so it leaves a slight shine, not glossy but matte with a little shine. Very long lasting. Not drying at all tho I do use a little lip balm before applying any lippy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 2:57:00 AM More reviews by akennedy54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you wear lipstick, this color should be a staple in your collection. MAC products never cease to impress/amaze me. I anticipated this lipstick to be drying, and I was wrong. This red is versatile; can be lightly applied as a hint of color or layered to a deep blue/red. Love that illusion of whiter teeth after my many cups of coffee/glasses of pinot noir. Get it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a definite, STRONG red lipstick. The finish is "Satin", but it may as well be matte because it's very potent and lasting.
The red is like a bright cranberry red, but there's a hint of pink in it. It's blue-based.
For me, this red would last a lifetime. Will i use it that long? probably not. #1, i'm not a big fan of RED! lipstick. I feel like it's too clownish for me because i have pretty full lips and also, i sort of wore the heck out of red lipstick in all my early years, so now i feel somewhat "dated" when i wear it.
But if you want a great red, a true, blue red...this is the one. A classic!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by antoniaaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was treated to this lipstick as a friend loved retro like myself..anyway i chose it and when i got home i exfoliated and applied laura geller lip spackle.
Oh my god wow its amazing i never knew about this red untill a few weeks ago..ive tried russian red and ruby woo and thought far to orangey..but this is so me,ty for this site as i wouldent have tried it else..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i'm a nw43 and i LOVE mac red. if you want a true red that doesn't turn on you then get this. you can change the shade of red by the lip liner you pair with it. i like the satin textures so this works great for me. i put on a little lip balm then apply then line my lips and i have great, vibrant color. every girl that loves reds should own this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2007 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Laudes

OK- there are probably loads of MUAers with coloring like mine, which means: a complexion that's notably pale, with cool/blue undertones. For me, this has meant that I've never been able to wear that one fabulous, glamorous, eternally-classic basic for ALL girls/ women (and boys/men, for that matter, if you like!), i.e: FIRE-ENGINE RED lipstick! Every single shade advertised as a "UNIVERSAL SHADE of RED!" makes me look like Bozo, due to the warm brown, yellow or orange overtones they always have!
"MAC Red" is probably great on lots of people. But on those of us with pale, cool-toned skin, it's just STUNNING! The color is vibrant, lush, and it really illuminates the face of a pale-with-cool-tones-complexioned person! It seems to be the perfect shade of true red for us cool-toned palefaced women! (Seriously - in addition to my husband's raves about how I look in it, we're talking unsolicited gushing compliments from everyone I know, (and some big-time "looks," to outright flirting - from strangers!?!? Whoa, now!).
One thing worth noting is: this - like many of MAC's darker/more intense shades, especially the "Mattes" - before applying "MAC Red," you will probably want to prime your lips with something to moisten and soften them, & to make them a bit less absorbent. Otherwise, it can easily dry out your lips and quickly sink into and emphasize any little lines or cracks you might have in your lips. Gloss on top, in whatever degree of shine you might want, also looks great; a bit just moistens for a glow, while a lot will give you a set of over-the-top reflectively-wet- &-shiny retro-disco lips!
I highly recommend "MAC Red" for anyone with my sort of coloring (or anyone else who just wants a vibrant, mostly cool & blue-toned) intensely-red lipstick! I've also tried (among other brands) MAC's "Ruby Woo" & "Russian Red," but while they are both truly gorgeous shades, they just don't illuminate and complement a pale, cool-toned complexion the way that "MAC Red" does! Bottom Line: THE red for the pale, cool-toned face... in my opinion!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by keavy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I didn't care too much for this lipstick because I felt Russian Red(my HG) was just the same only better. After I took a good look in the mirror I noticed how incredibly beautiful the shade and finish were and fell in love ! The shade is just as lovely and red as Russian Red only with a sexy shine finish (Russian Red is a Matte finish). Will I be repurchasing this lipstick ? You bet your sweet b*tt will !!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Peacelover18

NW15

My first red (and my first MAC) lipstick. It looks amazing against my pale skin. It's a great bluish-red, with a great creamy smooth consistency. I'll definitely be buying more MAC lipsticks.

EDIT: Over a year (and many more MAC lipsticks) later, and I still love this one. Perfect red for me, although I've heard it can turn pink on some people.