February 1, 2015 | 1961 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by KarmAttack

A gorgeous deep cool toned red. This truly lives up to its name, because it's just that - RED! Love love love this shade! This may be my HG shade of red lipstick. I love the satin finish, it's so pigmented, glides on smooth, and stays so long on the lips! Combined with a lipliner, I had only very mininmal feathering after a few hours, much less than other red lipsticks I have tried. Fab colour and product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have only one word to describe this color: FIERCE!!!! It's a color that will turn heads and make people wonder who you are and where they can get the color. It only gets better if you put a little lip gloss over it. It's bright but sophisticated at the same time and is definatly not for the shy!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I already own the following: Russian Red, Ruby Woo, Tassel, Ladybug, Glam and Powerhouse.

So, you may well ask, did I buy another red MAC lipstick?

Because it was there.

MAC Red is a wonderful addition to any red lipstick collector's arsenal.

It looks deep red in the tube, almost like a satin version of Russian Red.

But on the lips, MAC Red is a juicy cherry red, not too deep and not too bright. It's juuust right! It reminds me of that old poem about lips that say, "Cherry ripe!" MAC Red's color is surprisingly similar to that of MAC's discontinued matte, "Glam." At least to me, MAC Red is a cherry red, while "Glam" is a rose red. It's a very subtle distinction, I know. I think MAC Red may be a tiiiny bit more red, less deep pink than "Glam." The textures of the two are, of course, completely different.

I love the smooth non-drying Satin formula of MAC Red. There's lots of pigment in this one; it wears well, and leaves the lips with a cherry stain. The finish is not truly matte, but it's not glossy either. Cherry pencil works perfectly with MAC Red. I'd definitely buy this one again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Chiki11

Today i went to the MAC counter and i was looking at the lipsticks, this color caught my eye and i ask the SA if she can apply it on me....when she did it was an instent DAMNNNNN! all eyes were on me, i got SOOOO many compliments and plus 12 guys asked for my number while having this lipstick on. I have black/brownish hair with light brown eyes and light-olive skin tone. This lipstick looks the best if u have very dark hair and only wearing eyeliner and mascara, and light bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Sudania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Very nice sexy red color....looks so sultry, even if youre not a big fan of red lipstick in general, you will fall in love with this lipstick. MAC has such a great variety of lipsticks...and i think this is one of the top best ones. defiently something u need in your purse :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2007 2:29:00 AM More reviews by lippyNblush

This is a BEAUTIFUL blue based red lipstick. I can't emphasize enough how beautiful this is. This is a classic color that u keep for any special occasion. The finish is Satin so it leaves a slight shine, not glossy but matte with a little shine. Very long lasting. Not drying at all tho I do use a little lip balm before applying any lippy.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 2:57:00 AM More reviews by akennedy54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you wear lipstick, this color should be a staple in your collection. MAC products never cease to impress/amaze me. I anticipated this lipstick to be drying, and I was wrong. This red is versatile; can be lightly applied as a hint of color or layered to a deep blue/red. Love that illusion of whiter teeth after my many cups of coffee/glasses of pinot noir. Get it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a definite, STRONG red lipstick. The finish is "Satin", but it may as well be matte because it's very potent and lasting.
The red is like a bright cranberry red, but there's a hint of pink in it. It's blue-based.
For me, this red would last a lifetime. Will i use it that long? probably not. #1, i'm not a big fan of RED! lipstick. I feel like it's too clownish for me because i have pretty full lips and also, i sort of wore the heck out of red lipstick in all my early years, so now i feel somewhat "dated" when i wear it.
But if you want a great red, a true, blue red...this is the one. A classic!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by antoniaaddict

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was treated to this lipstick as a friend loved retro like myself..anyway i chose it and when i got home i exfoliated and applied laura geller lip spackle.
Oh my god wow its amazing i never knew about this red untill a few weeks ago..ive tried russian red and ruby woo and thought far to orangey..but this is so me,ty for this site as i wouldent have tried it else..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i'm a nw43 and i LOVE mac red. if you want a true red that doesn't turn on you then get this. you can change the shade of red by the lip liner you pair with it. i like the satin textures so this works great for me. i put on a little lip balm then apply then line my lips and i have great, vibrant color. every girl that loves reds should own this!