Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG-10, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride,, Phenoxyethanol, Caprytyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylgycerin, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dipropylene Glycol, Isotridecyl Isononanoate. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 1/17/2014 4:48:00 PM

I used to use YSL perfect touch foundation which was amazing so decided to try this. Within a few minutes of me wearing it my skin went all blotchy and itchy. I am allergic to it! Very disappointed as perfect touch was so good.

on 1/17/2014 1:43:00 PM

Meh. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on this foundation. It is a nice foundation. Sheer to medium although on me, it was more sheer. Nice formula. Pretty sure it broke me out but I don't consider it a horrible foundation because it did so. I never know what's going to break me out and what won't so it's my skin rather than the product.

When I was wearing this, I broke out my Loreal Lumi foundation as I have several foundations and wear whichever one I feel like on any given day. One thing that I saw right off was to me, the Loreal Lumi was just as good, if not better, than this one. Which is why I'm giving this one lower lippies. Sorry but I do think a $55 foundation should be WAY better than a $13 drugstore one. There is nothing horrible per se about this foundation. I just think the price point is WAY off for how it performs. If I could return it, I would because I have a few other ones that I paid a fraction of the price for that work very similarly for my skin.

This foundation is lovely. It provides a sheer to medium coverage, lasts all day and doesn't oxidise. I do have to use setting powder on my nose, and retouch it through the day or it slides right off. This looks like your skin only better! This is quite rich, so I wouldn't recommend for oily skin

on 1/2/2014 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I have EXTREMELY dry skin and asked for a new foundation recommendation from the lovely ladies here at MUA. I was recommended this and could not be more in love.

This is YSL so it's definitely a luxury product but I'm a high end girl anyway. This product comes in neutral range colors as well as pink and yellow tones. I love this since I'm not pink or yellow and tend to be more neutral although I go yellow in the dichotomous ranges. I matched to B30 in this and it's perfect. It looks light going on but blends out perfectly.

I tried using my fingers to apply this at first since it's normally my chosen method, but found my flat MAC 190 sheered it out and made it look so much more natural. I might try a stipple brush next. This literally looks like I've put on a coat of flawless skin. It does have a beautiful finish which is slightly dewy-I would avoid this if you are oily. I even had a horrible patch of hormonal acne which this covered up very well-it has a good medium coverage but isn't full (I like my skin to show through)

The packaging is a gorgeous glass bottle with a nice accurate pump (I can get 1.5 easily without excess. This is the best foundation I've ever tried-far better than the vitalumiere aqua I had been using before. But this is for MY skin...all skin types are different. Try before you buy-that's crucial when it comes to base.

I normally wear Lancome's Teint Miracle, as it is a lovely sheer foundation with a beautiful dewy finish, however I was finding that during our Australian summer that it was sweating off too easily.

I have fairly normal skin, occasionally oily in the t-zone during Summer, and after reading an excessive amount of reviews, I purchased the YSL Teint Touche Eclat Foundation in B20, which was perfect, (after having the Chanel sales assistant apply Vita Lumiere Aqua which I found to be too matte and a littly cakey).

The sales assistant applied the foundation without primer/moisturiser and so I found it to feel quite oily on my skin, and by the time I was home it was QUITE dewy/ oily looking.
HOWEVER, after my morning ritual (cleanse, tone, moisturise) as well as priming, the foundation sat perfectly and looked totally oil free and naturally dewy.

Smells lovely and blends seamlessly - it has a beautiful consistency.
I use my Real Techniques buffing brush and it blends to leave a satin finish with a really natural glow.
It has nice coverage (I have one or two pimple marks which it has done the job of covering fairly well. If you're very particular then you might want to use concealer.)
Pump bottle is handy and stylish.

I've had no problems with this foundation lasting all day. I powder my T-Zone but I may not even have to. I worked all day today in 40 degree heat (not exaggerating) and it still looked fresh by the afternoon, even though I was sweating all day. (It was a gross day.)

In conclusion, I love this foundation.
It is expensive but I will definitely re-buy. Beautiful smell, consistency, packaging, finish.
New favourite foundation!

I got this foundation from my mom and was at First really Looking forward to using it. It is very lightweight which is quite nice as I hate cakey foundations. I also like the packaging alot because it not only looks very classy with all the gold but also is very practical and hygeniec because of the pump. I have acne and very sensitive Skin which is oily in the T-Zone but dry on the cheeks. The foundation applys itself very easily on the skin and is easy to blend. It does though give very light coverage and can get a bit cakey if you layer it too much. It also leaves a very dewy finish which with my oily skin has to be set with alot of Powder which again is hard to not get it to look cakey. All in one I did quite like it until I got major breakouts from it which after I found out it was oil based made sense. I defiantly wont be buying it again as it isn't very cheap.

on 12/26/2013 12:11:00 AM

My HG foundation!!! I love the texture of it: creamy, very blendable, also it smells good(personally I love the scent). I find it works very well on my normal-dry skin, even tho I have dry patches, it still glides on it like a dream!! More than that, it's super light-weighted whilst provides me a good medium coverage. I checked the ingredients list, this fdt doesn't contains parabens, this is a great plus to my skin! Love it!! Highly recommended it despite the expensive price tag.

on 12/23/2013 11:01:00 PM

I haven't had my own high end foundation, only some samples. Normally I just need some BB cream and concealer because I have normal combination skin, with occasional spot breakouts from stress/hormones/lack of sleep, etc. I have a oily T-zone and sometimes dry spots on scars. I have uneven skin tone due to minor acne scarring, so onto this foundation-

I. LOVE. this foundation on my skin.

This makes my skin look like... my skin but FLAWLESS and luminous! I did notice that my t-zone will get oily after 4-5 hours and I need to blot, but I really don't mind it too much because of the way it makes me feel and look! It evens out my entire face with just the right amount of coverage, which is light to medium but definitely buildable. It helps to lessen the appearance of pores and if you set it with powder, it will make you look flawless.

I guess this won't be the best foundation to invest in if you are concerned with overall oily combination skin, not into the radiant glowy finish, or if you are looking for a more full coverage and long lasting foundation. I wouldn't say this has the best lasting power, but it feels so light on my skin and just makes me feel awesome throughout the day.

It doesn't make me break out, it evens out everything (scars, redness, dark circles, white heads, pores) and OVERALL, love love love this.

on 12/17/2013 10:40:00 PM

I have been desperate to find a foundation with good coverage that won't rub off onto my phone, etc during the day. I am almost half way through my 1st bottle and i am cautiously optimistic. I do have to layer it on in order to get the coverage i need but a little tends to go a long way. When applied with makeup brush it tends to appear straky and painted on so i recommend fingers. It appears on my cell phone a tiny bit but nothing like most of the others I have tried! I also like the luminous glow it gives me....especially when paired with a gel blush.

on 12/16/2013 10:30:00 AM

Me: I have combination skin which leans towards oily. I am also a fitness professional by nature, so I often times wear some form of makeup while I am teaching. I look for long-wearing foundations and makeup that are sweat proof (or resistant) I am usually an NC25 in Mac. My skin concern is uneveness/redness. I usually opt for light to medium coverage.

Foundation: Although I love and am happy with the DiorSkin Forever Flawless foundation I typically use, I was curious about the Touche Eclat for ages. I decided to order it sight-unseen from the Sephora website.

The packaging is luxurious and is on par with what one would expect from shelling out $55 for a small bottle of foundation. The product itself, however was a complete miss for me. The first time I applied it, I had washed my face several hours before. Normally I don't get the best results when I don't apply foundation to freshly washed skin, but I was in a rush and thought it would be good enough. Boy, was I wrong. The foundation sat on top of my skin and looked very cakey. It added years of age onto the texture of my skin and yet provided almost no coverage. I put bronzer on over it as well as blush- I looked a mess. I live in NY- one of those makeunder people would have nabbed me on the street, hosed me down, and started over. Which is exactly what I did. I washed everything off. So much for being in a rush.

The next time I applied it, I did it after cleansing and moisturizing. I wasn't thrilled with the coverage, and I still felt it gave me a weird skin texture. I decided to test it out through the day. After about 4 hours of use, my skin was an oily disaster. Most of the makeup had worn off. This is in the dead of winter and I was at a holiday party, so there was nothing particularly strenuous that the makeup withstood.

I had another holiday party to go later that evening. I actually went home, washed my face, put on the Dior and went about my business. The Dior is like shellac- it does not budge and the finish is perfection. Perhaps some with skin that is more dry would enjoy this foundation, but if you are even a little oily beware!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy

Foundation Review: Laura Mercier, Dior, YSL by Cathies Ensemble