October 31, 2014 | 1028 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by violetpython4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If your looking for a luxury splurge on a foundation I def suggest this product!
I use this in the winter months when my skin lacks a glow and usually tends to be dry . A lot like their concealer this foundation has light reflections properties and gives a beautiful lit from within glow to skin! The texture is like cashmere and when buffered in with an airbrush foundation brush the finish is like satin. I apply a pump to the back of my hand and use hourglasses foundation brush to buff! The smell of the foundation is like fresh cut roses! I def suggest this foundation ladies!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

I bought this foundation last week and have worn it for 4 days now.

This foundation has a light to medium coverage. It's sheer to light when applied with your fingers, and light to medium when applied with a brush. I use a flat brush and this works perfect on me. I use the shade B30 that suits my light to medium yellow undertoned skin. It comes in a beauuuutiful glass bottle with a golden top. it looks very very pretty but is a bit heavy though. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for example is much easier to carry around, but i only apply my foundation in the morning, so don't need any carrying around anyway.

This foundation covers up most of my light blemishes (i don't have a lot) and some of my hyperpigmentation but doesnt cover it completely, which i dont mind and didn´t expect from a medium coveringn foundation, and i quite love a natural look. I can still see my freckles (which i like) and some tiny inperfections, but the imperfections are easily coverd up with another layer of this foundation or a concealer/corrector.

When I first apply this, the foundation is a satin-matt finish. an hour later its a satin-glowy (in a good way) finish, and after probably 5 hours this gets a bit shiny on my combination forhead and next to my nose. Combination or oily skins will need a touch up a few times a day with a powder. If your skin is very oily, this is not for you and will slide of in an hour.

Conclusion:

Loving this for my skin!

You will love this if you want a light covering foundation that only covers a few imperfections and a few light blemishes. if you have lots of blemishes this wont be enough coverage for you. This foundation gives a nice radiance so if you like a matt finish you're not going to like this.
Not giving this 5 lippies cause of the touch up i need to do a few times a day. I rather have a foundation that doesn't need much touch up, but that will probably only come with a higher coverage and matter foundation, and that's not what i want for my skin. I like it natural :)

....UPDATE, ONE YEAR LATER:...

I stopped using this as an every day foundation as it slides of my skin after a few hours. My skin is too combinated to wear this :(. too bad cause the finish is BEAUTIFUL

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Shh23

I like this a lot. Very expensive but worth it in terms if value for money. You need so little product for good results. I wore this mixed with Estée Lauder DW and DWL for my wedding and it looked lovely. This is my posh foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by TheHateress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am perpetually in search of the perfect foundation, but in reality I think I am turning into a product junkie. I've gone into Sephora so many times and for one reason or another have never tried YSL's products aside from lip gloss/lipstick.

I got this in B90, which is the darkest shade it comes in, and I've got to admit that I am quite close to declaring a new favorite foundation. I'd formerly been a devotee to NARS Sheer Glow (Tortuga) because of it's beautiful luminous finish. This absolutely rivals the finish of my former favorite, I applied with a beauty blender and lightly stippled onto my skin.

The coverage is sheer and luminous and just provides a look of natural radiating beauty, and gives enough dimension that I don't feel the need to highlight areas of my face. I really appreciate the look of naturally radiant and clear skin that this foundation gives.

I did notice a scent when applying, but it dissipated quickly. As I mentioned previously, if you have blemishes or dark spots, those will need to be concealed before applying foundation because this does not provide opaque coverage. The formula also feels fairly runny, so I do not foresee this lending itself well to layering. Another thing worth mentioning is that if you have oily skin you'll need a primer to address that, as this is not a foundation with any oil control. I had to blot about 7 hours after applying, as my nose was getting noticeably slick. That all being said, I got a full day of wear out of this foundation.

The price might be a bit high for some, at $55 at Sephora or YSL counters, but I find that to be completely reasonable for a luxury brand. The packaging is a a glass bottle with a pump, which I haven't had issues with, but might present an issue if you plan on traveling with it. This is most definitely going to be a product I will buy over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by cmariz

It might be too early to say, just because I've only been using this foundation for a week but I love it! I love the finish and for me it is a nice dewy radiant finish. Most foundations always leave my T-zone oily and dirty but this is perfect for me! I use it with touche eclat and le teint touche eclat compact to powder my t-zone and it lasts a good 6-8 hours. One of my holy grail and will buy again definitely!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Madimayt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is amazing, I have tried every single high end foundation there is. Literally, every last one.
This one, in my opinion is by far the best foundation I've ever tried.
I use it with Smashbox hydrating primer and it stays all day, and I can't believe I am saying this but it actually looks BETTER as time goes on.
It wears all day at my work with bright bright ugly lighting and it looks amazing.
So glad I've found this product, but it's so expensive. :(
But soo good. I have dry skin and it does not dry it out, it really is illuminating and pretty!
Dare I say, HG foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by khov92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. I have dry/normal skin and wear shade B40 which really livens up my complexion. I wear NC20 in mac - I could go to an NC25, but then it looks too yellow. This foundation is good because it's quite sheer, so you don't need to be too particular when it comes to choosing a shade. It doesn't cover imperfections but it makes my skin look really luminous and natural. I don't think it would last too well on people with oily skin without a primer and a good powder on top. The packaging is of wonderful quality and looks really gorgeous too.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by ylingsbling

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this! I love Touche Eclat Radiant consealer for under eyes so I thought this would work too. Ok, when you first put this on, it gives you nice healthy glow. It reminds me of Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. I liked it and the color match was just right. So it looks good for maybe an hour. Then It tightens on my skin a little. Not so much that I look terrible, but not so radiant like when I first put it on. Then after about 3 hours it is mostly gone from my face and touching up is needed, even if I use primer. Loose powder helps but not much. Coverage is light or light medium when it lasts. I think it is too expensive and now I mix it with my other foundation since I am stuck with it. Don't buy it unless you try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by TootsDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I was in search of a foundation that has light to medium coverage, doesn't make my face look cakey and overdone, and also evens out my skin-tone. As a woman of colour this can be a hard task because companies tend to have the wrong undertone (too red, too yellow) or a very limited shade range. I asked this pretty mua in Sephora what she was wearing and she pointed me into the direction of YSL. I was unfamiliar with what the brand had to offer as far as foundation but was surprised to see they have a few shades for woman of colour. I got shade Beige 80 which has golden mahogany tones (ysl describes) and I used a pump in store and noticed the foundation effortlessly blended into my skin. This is a product that you need 2 pumps of and your all set. The price had me stuttering ($62 CAD) and I debated so hard about purchasing. I made a good decision, is is my favourite foundation. If you have oily skin you prob won't enjoy this because it has an illuminizer within it. I have combination skin so it works just fine for me. People complain about the longevity of the product but I have never had a problem with the lasting power. The only thing is i may have to blot my nose once after application and i have had to do that with any foundation I have ever used. This product is light weight and beautiful and i think worth a try to get a sample if you have great skin and just are looking to even out your skin tone. I have a video about this check it out if you are interested!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, this stuff is like magic in a bottle. I am on a never-ending search for a foundation that both has that elusive dewy finish (I hate matte) and also doesn't break me out terribly. Usually, those glowy sorts of foundations have something in them (oil? silicones?) that sends my complexion into some form of acne-bombarded tizzy. This one doesn't do that. It reminds me strongly or another favorite of mine, the ByTerry liquid foundation. Fortunately for me, the YSL formula doesn't break me out the way that one does.

I am super duper pale with ruddy cheeks from rosacea. I wear the Beige Rose 20. They run very pale, FYI. I love the color I got. It blends in very well and doesn't oxidize into any shade of weird orange. One word of caution though--you really must buff this stuff in or it will sit on top of your skin in an unflattering way. At least, that's my experience. The first time I wore it, I was sort of sad that it looked pretty but felt greasy. The next time, I pulled out a buffing brush and really worked it into my skin. It was like a whole different experience. Lovely. Perhaps the most glowing endorsement was from my sweet husband who told me in a befuddled sort of way that my skin looked "pretty and glimmery" today. I'll take it!