Very expensive, beuatiful packaging, the smell is divine, perfect color, blends like a dream...after that its ALL downhill....it looks gorgeous when first applied, but within a very short time it made my face look like a greaseball...and the kicker was even though my face was glowing like I was in the middle of a hot flash, there was no foundation to be seen!!! I honestly don't know how that happened??? I am now powdering over it with a huge amt of powder, just so I can look like I'm not a fry cook on a smoke break. Its going back to Sephora on Monday.
MY SKIN: Normal-Dry, minor hyper pigmentation, NC30ish, Olive Undertones. No significant pore issues. Not terribly sensitive. Matched to BD60.
PROS: beautiful dewy, glowy finish. I love dewy skin and this is the first foundation that truly gives me a natural glow. Lasts all day with UD All Nighter Spray and HG Dim powder. It looks like I'm not wearing foundation at all. Amazing product.
CONS: Do NOT use silicone based cheek products over this. My Armani Cheek Fabric ate the foundation right up. I also tried with Guerlain; same result. Stila Convertible Cheek works fine.
PRICE: Ouch. So expensive it hurts. But worth it.
Other Foundations I've Tried:
Chanel V, A and Lift L.
Lancome Teint Idol
DIOR Air Flash
MAC - all, including FB
MUFE - FB, HD
HG - TM
LM - TM
The list goes on, but you get the idea. I'm a foundation junkie. :/
I recently purchased this foundation as I wanted a foundation that wouldn't oxidise on my very fair skin (as previous attempts with varying different brands in their lightest shade always ended up with me looking like an orange). I had to guess my own colour match as the advisor was away and eventually plumped for shade BR 10. Whilst the shade does seems to blend in seamlessly; the actual application is not easy and the product feels like it is being dragged across the skin. This foundation offers only light to sheer coverage; and by mid afternoon at work I found it started to take on an unflattering powdery texture in patches on my face. It also highlights any dry patches you have and the coverage means you would still have to use a concealer when required. It cost 29 UK pounds; and whilst I will certainly persevere with it to recoup the cost I don't feel I would purchase this product again.
This is a unique type of foundation out there. It give the luminosity without a single hint of greasy shine. It glides on like a dream and leaves natural looking 'your skin but way better' face. This foundation stays in place for long hours at least in cooler weather.
B10 is a perfect color match for me which is a rare thing. I match my foundation at the side of cheek where it is close to neck so that the skin color should be same ideally. I find it is 100%. So fair skinned ladies will like it. The downside seems to be that B10 is not available in every store (what a trick from marketing team). I happened to find it only in big department store in Stuttgart.
Overall, I would recommend it to fair skinned girls with dry to normal skin in search of some luminosity in their complexion.
This foundation has quite a light coverage - so it gives a lovely natural finish. If you have oily skin however, this product isn't for you (I learned the hard way). It is designed to give a radiant, semi dewy finish, but if you have oily as I do, it will look (surprise, surprise) OILY within a few hours. I can't comment for people with drier skin. It is very easy to blend, and easy to work with. It is nice and creamy, and easy to spread. If you are prone to blemishes, you might want to consider applying concealer, the coverage is certainly not enough to cover red spots throughout the day.
For $78 AUD, I don't think I'd buy this product again. It wasn't the foundation for me. Saying that, it wasn't a bad product at all.
UPDATE: My skin seems to not react to this :) It's very moisturizing and I can even use it under my eyes, and I'm extremely picky about what I put under there. I recommend this if you want a giant Touche Eclat. Works just as fine + more colours + much more product. Grab yourself a sample - just don't use too much ;)
I have uploaded some pictures of how the foundation looks on me, and I think one can see pretty well how much it covers and the texture of my skin before and after. Sorry for the unflattering angles :/ The hyperpigmentation is due to my skin being very prone to hyperpigmentation whenever I get a blemish.
I have dry sensitive skin and, far most of the time, need only light coverage from my foundations. I don't like to make my skin ONE colour all over as I find it unnatural-looking on me. I want enough coverage to distract from my hyperpigmentation, redness and unevenness in skintone, but it doesn't matter if it shows through a little bit - I'm the only one who notice this anyway.
I ordered this over Internet after reading several reviews with pictures of gorgeous skin. I guessed the right colour for me would be Beige Dore 10, and it was, luckily, the perfect colour. I'm an NC15 in MAC Pro Longwear after oxiation. BD10 is a light, yellow shade. If you're on the light side of NC15, this may be a little bit too dark. My skin colour on the neck is exactly the same as BD10 is in the bottle. There's just a tiny bit of oxidation during the about 20 minutes after I put this on (those 20 I use to put on the rest of my makeup), but no more during the day.
I actually expected this foundation to be thin and lightweight, but the consistency is of the heavier type, and VERY MOISTURIZING, BUT clings to dry patches. I wouldn't call it thick, but it is for me, who is used to Bourjois Healthy Mix. It's easy to apply sheer and easy to work with - my preferred method is using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.
My first thought was: "this smells!". It's the classic YSL-foundation smell, but I don't remember Teint Radiance smelling as strongly... If you are sensitive to smells, this might be a problem.
The finish is satin, but glowy. The foundation looks quite natural, and can give sheer to medium coverage. To me this is an improved version of Teint Radiance.
I'm not a big fan of the consistency, but this foundation really looks good on (my boyfrind has complemented me on my skin when I wore this or Bourjois Healthy Mix).
As said, I have dry skin, and this doesn't last all day even on such skin. I would say better than Teint Radiance though. Primer/BB cream under may help + powder over.
I was a little surprised to see the ratings for this foundation, so I have read through some reviews and want to comment on them:
- "high coverage, sitting into wrinkles, not for older skin" - this claim is made several times, that it's not for wrinkly skin, so it may be true
- "not for oily/combination skin" - this foundation is dewy on my dry skin, so I imagine it would look and get very very oily very quickly on oily skin. I don't think glowy foundations have ever been suggested for oily skin. This would also last shorter on oilier skins. I would recommend this for normal or dry skin only.
- "caked up, very hard to remove - had to use makeup remover, not yellow enough in light colour" - I find the comment on the colour ridiculous! I have VERY yellow light skin, and the right colour is then BD10. It colour is light yellow, if it was any more yellow, it would make the wearer look jaundiced! Wrong colour is is the buyer's own fault, unless the foundation changes during the day or that there is no colur that fits, but the BD range IS good. "Very hard to remove" - you need to use makeup remover with ALL foundations, actually. Cleansing wipes, regular foam cleansers and lotions are relatively bad makeup removers. If you want to remove all of your face makup in one step with a foam cleanser, buy Skin79's O2 BB Cleanser or Tonymoly's Floria O2 bubble Cleanser. Cakes if one use too much of it. If you want heavy coverage, don't buy a light-med coverage foundation.
- "not good coverage, highligts scars, wrinkles, pores" - here a reviewer said the coverage was bad, contrary to the first one. The coverage of this is actually light-medium. It IS true that this highlight scars and pores, and this may also contribute to it looking caky - it doesn't actually cake up, but it DOES make pores look bigger and highlights roughness in skin texture if you don't use a primer or don't have small pores and even skin. This effect is true to everything that has shimmer in it.
- "heavy consistency/feeling and sticky" - true. The consistensy of this is quite creamy - some may even be able to feel it a little on the skin. And your skin WILL be clammy-feeling for quite a long while after application, which makes dry skin feel comfortable, but is absolutely unnecessary for oily skin
- "blotches/disintegrates fast - 3 hours wear max" - since reviewer has dry skin and this still happens. It might be the age and a moisturizer that doesn't agree with this foundation (without claiming that this for sure is the case) or applying too soon after moisturizing.
- "you need to have good skin already for this to look good" (said by many) - that is about right. This will NOT hide pores - it will highlight them. Same with scars. Will not hide pimples. If you have redness you want to cover, it can only cover quite mild redness. It covers quite light hyperpigmentation. This can even you your skin TONE pretty well, but NOT your skin texture.
The first ten minutes are amazing. Perfect lumious, moisturizing, very light cucumber scent. After one hour, it look just so-so. But after 4 hours, it became disappearing. I have to applied it again. I think it is better to use it instead of any powder foundations to achieve the prefect light. It is perfect except the short lasting. If you look for a long lasting foundation, leave it.
This foundation break me out!! I've been using for 4 days and I got one pimple every day.
I don't like the texture because it's just too creamy & not really light-weight if you compare to Chanel foundation like Perfection Lumiere or Vitalumiere Aqua.
I love the satin finish and a lil bit glow that you get. It's like your skin really perfect and healty also glowing at the same time.
1 pump is enough for your whole face because 2 pumps makes full coverage and looking heavy. This foundation have nice medium coverage if you use 1 pump only.
For reference I'm nc 20 and using shade b20.
On my normal to dry, fair skin (mac reference NW15) this foundation is as close to perfect as i have encountered. the coverage on me is medium, and the color match BR20 is EXACT to my coloring. perfect. The finish is airbrush/flawless. I found it be very long lasting; didn't budge from am to pm. i have never been this impressed with a foundation. it is also very build-able in case one wants mover coverage. i recommend highly. Very happy with this. doesn't fade, doesn't oxidize, doesn't smear and does NOT CAKE UP and has an SPF of 19. worth every penny of the 55 USD.
This foundation is too sheer and doesn't hide any blemishes.
On the other hand, this foundation is not for oily skin. Unless you use milk of magnesia + you might need to powder your t-zone through the day.
For my nw50 skin tone, I prefer the foundation Teint Idole Ultra 24 H from Lancome.