September 30, 2014 | 1758 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by TootsDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I was in search of a foundation that has light to medium coverage, doesn't make my face look cakey and overdone, and also evens out my skin-tone. As a woman of colour this can be a hard task because companies tend to have the wrong undertone (too red, too yellow) or a very limited shade range. I asked this pretty mua in Sephora what she was wearing and she pointed me into the direction of YSL. I was unfamiliar with what the brand had to offer as far as foundation but was surprised to see they have a few shades for woman of colour. I got shade Beige 80 which has golden mahogany tones (ysl describes) and I used a pump in store and noticed the foundation effortlessly blended into my skin. This is a product that you need 2 pumps of and your all set. The price had me stuttering ($62 CAD) and I debated so hard about purchasing. I made a good decision, is is my favourite foundation. If you have oily skin you prob won't enjoy this because it has an illuminizer within it. I have combination skin so it works just fine for me. People complain about the longevity of the product but I have never had a problem with the lasting power. The only thing is i may have to blot my nose once after application and i have had to do that with any foundation I have ever used. This product is light weight and beautiful and i think worth a try to get a sample if you have great skin and just are looking to even out your skin tone. I have a video about this check it out if you are interested!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So, this stuff is like magic in a bottle. I am on a never-ending search for a foundation that both has that elusive dewy finish (I hate matte) and also doesn't break me out terribly. Usually, those glowy sorts of foundations have something in them (oil? silicones?) that sends my complexion into some form of acne-bombarded tizzy. This one doesn't do that. It reminds me strongly or another favorite of mine, the ByTerry liquid foundation. Fortunately for me, the YSL formula doesn't break me out the way that one does.

I am super duper pale with ruddy cheeks from rosacea. I wear the Beige Rose 20. They run very pale, FYI. I love the color I got. It blends in very well and doesn't oxidize into any shade of weird orange. One word of caution though--you really must buff this stuff in or it will sit on top of your skin in an unflattering way. At least, that's my experience. The first time I wore it, I was sort of sad that it looked pretty but felt greasy. The next time, I pulled out a buffing brush and really worked it into my skin. It was like a whole different experience. Lovely. Perhaps the most glowing endorsement was from my sweet husband who told me in a befuddled sort of way that my skin looked "pretty and glimmery" today. I'll take it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by groovychick13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is amazing it feels lovely really light but gives great coverage.I have probably tried every foundation and this by far the best I have tried.I would highly recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by 30betterthan20

This foundation has a light coverage, but you can layer it and thus reach a medium coverage. It blends quite well and gives a natural glow to the skin. If you want to tone it down, you can apply a mattifying powder on the key areas. I have combination skin and I can wear it without a powder on top, exept the very hot summer days, when I need a face primer and a powder.
Another good thing is that this product does not break me out and it has a very good packaging with a pump, so the product remains uncontaminated until you use it up.
The only dissadvantage I find is that it has a glass bottle, so it might be difficult to travel with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by giantspacemoth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm really impressed with this foundation, it is definitely the best one I have ever used - must have expensive taste!
The bottle is simple, smooth sturdy glass with a chunky gold top that would look good on my dresser if I didn't have so much rubbish in the way, so in the drawer it lives. The pump dispenses a lot of foundation if you press it too hard which is very easy to do.. but at least this gives you enough liquid to cover your whole face.
It smells very light and fresh, a bit like a cucumber cleanser or toner. It spreads and blends easily so I apply it by hand and then use a cheap-and-cheerful fat powder brush swirled all over for that super-airbrushed finish.
My pale, pink-toned English skin suits the BR10 shade perfectly.

Main plus points for me:

I no longer need to use my UD eyeshadow primer, as a fine layer of TE over the lids works just as well, saving precious minutes in the morning by cutting out an unnecessary step.

It has a really subtle glow to it that helps blur out imperfections, fine lines, little red patches etc.

I don't use half as much Touche Eclat any more as this foundation does that job too.

Overall it's a superb foundation on it's own, with added highlighter / primer / base qualities that totallly justify the high price tag (£29 here). As long as they don't change the formula I will definteley repurchase when my first bottle runs out.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by yukiewawa

I've asked for samples of B10 and BD10 at Sephora to take home and try, and whoa my skin looks so nice with it! I have sensitive and sort of combination skin so there are redness spots on cheeks and more oily on nose. This foundation covers redness well and does not irritate my skin, and if I apply Smashbox photofinish on my nose prior to foundation, shine looks natural glow instead of greasiness. I do not put powder on top because I like the glow on my skin and feels like an additional layer of powder would distroy it haha. I work in an air conditioned office and after 8 hrs it does not oxidize on me and still looks and feels great. I am Asian with paler skin (NC15) and B10 looks better on me than BD10. The color is not as yellow and a bit fairer than Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum 51. I just purchased a bottle! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Whoa! I am surprised the reviews aren't much, much higher.
On a trip to SanFrancisco 6 months ago, I realized (on way to airport) that I'd left my precious "quart bag" of liquids at home. WTF! The only thing that would need immediate replacing would be my GA Designer Lift Foundation. Damn! That would mean leaving my hotel, bare-faced, the next AM & dashing to Bloomies to replace. But no . . . the gods of makeup stepped in. JetBlue flies into SF's International terminal (from Boston - go figure) so I could hit the Duty Free shop. Natch, there was no GA, so I tried this YSL Teint Touche Eclat foundation & it was LOVE at first swatch.

I find this formula very similar to Chanel's beloved Teint Innocence, that was so stupidly D/C. However, the YSL is a bit more glowy & the coverage can be layered a bit better for a very nice medium coverage. As for shades, I am NC20ish, and was Cameo/Clair in Teint Innocence. My shade in YSL is B30 - spot on! It's a tad more yellow/golden than the T.I., which is lovely, especially in the summertime.

Do note that it has a glowy/dewy finish - but in an elegant, sophisticated way. My skin is completely normal (not dry or oily). When I use GA Designer Lift, I don't use a finishing powder, per se, tho I top it w/Meteorites now and then. However, with this YSL, I get quite glowy in the T-zone after a few hours, and that NEVER happens to me! So now I always top the T-zone with a pat-down of BECCA Loose Finishing Powder in Sesame & I'm good to go, as BECCA does not mattify - it just keeps me from becoming too glowy, and it makes the foundation last all day. (I don't work for BECCA.)

I really adore this foundation, & I recommend B30 if you are NC20ish, light/almost medium, and like a yellow-based, dewy foundation. I would not recommend this for oily skin.

And now I see YSL has launched a new foundation-serum, so I'm dying to try that too :/

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm on a mission to find my HG foundation and this is a contender. I've tried Urban Decay Naked Skin, Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, Kat Von D Lock It, Burberry Luminous Fluid and many others and this blows all those out of the water. Many foundations claim to illuminate, but this is the only foundation that actually does that for me. Since trying out this foundation, I have tried many other foundations they just don't compare. I should just throw my hands up and I say that this is HG. Right? Glowy foundations usually do not stay on the skin as long as matte foundations. Therefore the longevity is for a few short hours. For right now this will work, but I'm not quite sure if this is HG. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by BlondeIngredients

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love it! Blends like a dream, has a nice, soubtle scent that goes away with application, the colour range is great and it leaves your skin so velvety and yet luminous. Amazing! If only the price wasn't so high... But, hey, it's YSL.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is truly a beautiful foundation. I searched for years for a foundation that would not get oily, not look dry or cakey, not settle in fine lines or pores, provided some coverage but not too much, and looks like beautiful skin, not a mask.
After years of searching I finally found this one, which is my favorite -- and Revlon's Nearly Naked and Koh Gen do Moisture Foundation is good as well. I like all three, but this is the one I wear for special occasions.

It provides a medium amount of coverage but lets skin show through. I have combination skin, and this does not cling to dry patches, and it also controls oily pretty well. It has never smeared or streaked on my face like most foundations do. It also does not settle in pores or fine lines.
It seriously still looks fresh after wearing it 9 hours or more - something not many foundations can do. It also makes skin look so healthy - glowy, but not oily or dewy! I'm not sure how it does this - most foundations that claim to do it achieve this by adding sparkles/shimmer (this one does not!) or by making it super oily (this is not). So it really is some kind of miracle product.
It is SO much better than that drying Armani Maestro foundation!!

I know they say it is a standard ounce, but this bottle seems much bigger than other foundations that say they are an ounce. It only takes a drop (it spreads so well and evenly!) that it lasts forever. Well worth the price & I'll definitely be repurchasing!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No