December 22, 2014 | 1731 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by sandandwater

This is my favourite foundation - the only foundation I have ever been completely happy with, actually. Most I have tried either oil up on my face, oxidise to a bad orange shade, are too pink or yellow toned, accentuate dry patches, irritate my skin, transfer or break me out. This does none of those things.

I use the shade B40 which is a near exact match for my skin. I don't know my exact MAC shade but I think I am around an NC25 with neutral tones if that helps. B40 leans neither too pink nor too yellow. It leans slightly on the warmer side but not too warm. It really is the best colour match I've ever had with a foundation.

The packaging looks luxurious and the pump it comes along with dispenses just the right amount of foundation for me (I like to use a pump). There is a light scent to it - reminds me of cucumbers - and it's not overwhelming in the slightest.

Lasts all day on me without the need for touching up or blotting. It has never gotten very greasy looking on me even after several hours wear. The finish upon application is quite luminous but not dewy. I don't like dewy foundations as they make me look sweaty. This just makes my skin look rather radiant and hydrated. It feels light on my skin and the coverage is just to my liking - quite light but enough coverage to cover any redness and even out my skin.

I am very happy with this and would highly recommend. It is expensive but well worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by glossy81

I believe this is my first experience with YSL products, and so far so great. This is my absolute favorite foundation that I've ever used. I love it so much that I actually mix 2 shades of it to get the perfect color. Pricey, yes, but worth it for me.It looks like skin, it doesn't mask your skin yet it does cover my dark spots very well when layered (I have to layer any foundation I use), when layered it doesn't look mask like. After using this I returned my Armani Luminous Silk that I was trying to force myself to love, and have actually decided to stop my great foundation search, because for me this just delivers. I don't get excessively oily, (I prime, and lightly set with powder) and this lasts all day on me, then again I have never had a problem with foundation lasting all day on me. The last foundation I loved before this was the Nars Sheer Glow, it was beautiful but it broke me out. However, this is superior in finish to the SG. I love it, maybe not everyone will, but I definitely at least recommend getting a sample. I apply this with the Sigma F80 btw.

Update 12/20/13

I still like this a lot, however, I've found that my pores seem to look really bad with this after a little time. I feel that things that have a luminous finish tend to highlight any texture on my skin. I also find that it takes a lot to cover my dark spots and even with 2 layers I feel I can still see them slightly. I decided to try Estee Lauder Double Wear and I'm liking the coverage better, and my pores don't look as huge. I will see if using this over my Double Wear will give me the luminosity without highlighting my imperfections. I recommend this if your skin is pretty much perfect, you will love this, if you need great coverage ELDW is where it's at. And one more thing, I do feel that this never really sets fully on my skin without a lot of powder, which takes away from the luminosity.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by allthatglitters94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is definitely the best foundation I've ever used. I have dry/normal skin that often looks very dull but this gives a really flawless and illuminating look. I've read a lot of complaints about this foundation's staying power but I found when used a primer and set with some powder, it stayed for at least 8 hours. Would 100% recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccaa242

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous packaging! Great foundation, medium coverage, very light texture. Wide shade range. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by indianprincessa

Moderately nice product, nice coverage, not too much but not too little either, tends to make the skin look greasy after a few hours however. Though, the colors are really nice, doesn't look caky, easy blendable. One of the better products to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by imasupermann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Lightweight on the face
- Doesn't break me out (I have acne prone skin)
- There is a full range of colours to match all skin tones
- The packaging is quite nice

Cons:
- Sheer. I don't know; when I decide to buy a foundation, I expect it to be full coverage. This one seems to only offer very little when it comes to covering acne or spots.
- The pump is difficult to control. Sometimes I want to touch up in some areas and I end up getting a huge blob of it. I don't like to waste product!
- It is quite pricey. To be honest, I don't think it is worth the hype.
- It lasts about 2 to 3 hours (maybe longer in winter), and you start to become very very shiny...
- I don't like the overly dewy finish.

Probably would not repurchase! Hope this helps :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Deedsrho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am absolutely in love with this foundation! I have dry acne-prone sensitive skin and this is the only foundation that I have tried that will not dry out my skin, cover my acne scars and not irritate my skin. It does have a light fragrance but nothing to irritate the skin and it keeps me hydrated. I do powder my T-zone after application. It gives a nice natural glow as well. Very build able in place you need it most. I think it works best with a buffing brush for maximum coverage but you can use your fingers for a sheer coverage. I'm B30, I do have olive skin and neutral but, pale. B20 is hard to find and B10 is for those with pale skin neutral skin. I found that BD10 is not similar to B30. I think BD10 has more of a peachy/beige (warm) undertone and of course the BR range is for those with a warm pinkish undertone. I have bought this foundation 3 times now. It lasts and the package is gorgeous! Recommend for those with dry skin and works best in winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Perfection91

I keep coming back and giving this foundation another try before deciding that its not for me for the 100th time.

The color BD10 is a great match for me. It's like a warm yellow beige that compliments my skintones really well. (I am right in btw Nc15 and 20 in MAC foundations)
However the color does oxidize over time into different colors. When I first put it on, its a bright warm tone foundation with beautiful subtle glow to the skin.
but after a few hours, its a darker beige and the glow is almost gone
if I leave it on the entire day, it turns into a pink ashy beige, looks melted, dehydrated, and oily all at the same tie. it's literally ugly.

Coverage is OK. its no more than light to medium. concealer is a must if you need to cover age spots or hyperpigmentations.
but its dewy finish diffuses imperfections to an extent (at least in the beginning)
it is able to even out your skin tone if you layer it.

I have tried using a Dior foundation brush, a air puff (from cushion foundations), hands, and Urban decay optical blurring brush
the brush soaked up most of the foundation and wouldn't build the coverage (after a thin layer, the brush started getting soaked in oil and take away any effort to apply additional layers - I don't have this problem with other liquid foundations)
air puff for me, was the best way to apply this foundation. unlike the beauty blender, it retained moisture and left a dewy finish
hand application was okay, but my face didn't look as dimensional as with the air puff because it would almost just absorb into the skin like a lotion
UD brush was a failure. at least on my dry skin, it looked ridiculously streaky and dry. all the dry patches that was not visible before putting this foundation on became prominent.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by cleotokos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product has so much glycerin in it that I've had to blot twice before noon. Not a good look - love the finish when I first put it on, but unfortunately it just shines, shines, shines all day! Real bummer because BR30 seems to be a perfect match for my NC25 skin - comparing the two, NC25 looks sooooo yellow! I do have yellow undertones but BR30 is probably the best colour match I've ever had in a foundation - what a shame!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by MarissaAnneMink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation looks great in the bottle. I was matched to BD60, which was an ok shade for me. Unfortunately, this foundation does not last longer than two hours on me. I worn it to work one day and it has melted my lunch time. By melted I mean the collar of my white shirt was covered in foundation.

The finish of the foundation is also more on the oily side rather than dewy, which is not what I want at all (For reference I have normal to combination skin). So I definitely wouldn't recommend this for anyone with oily skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No