Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Dimethicone, PEG-10, Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride,, Phenoxyethanol, Caprytyl Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylgycerin, Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dipropylene Glycol, Isotridecyl Isononanoate. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

on 2/17/2014 6:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a gorgeous foundation. The finish is so natural and I feel like I look healthy when I'm wearing this. I need a powder over this foundation though as the finish is quite dewy. I have the YSL radiance powder in the gold box which I sometimes use but I also have a MAC powder called skin finish mineralize powder which I find excellent. This makeup stays on my face all day and I haven't retouched it from 8am when I get up and get ready for work until 10/11pm when I go to bed.

Today was my fourth day wearing a full face of this foundation. I received samples of this from a very generous and helpful SA in my local Department Store. She gave me enough for ten days I think. I will definitely be purchasing. I prefer pretty full coverage foundations so initially I thought this might be a bit too sheer for me. (I am prone to nasty persistent break-outs around my mouth and on my chin and need to cover them up). Happily, I find that the coverge is buildable and I just apply an extra layer on my cheeks and around my mouth. I still use a concealer though, on the blemishes as the foundation doesn't completely cover them (but I'm a realist and not expecting miracles). I apply the foundation with a flat foundation brush and it goes on so nicely and easily.

I was a devoted user of the YSL radiant brush perfect touch foundation but I've been converted. The Teint Touche Eclat just glides onto the skin and I don't feel as though I am pulling or dragging the skin when blending/applying this foundation. It definitely has a lighter and, in my opinion, nicer consistency than the radiant brush foundation and having used this for a few days now I'm in no hurry to give it up. Great product.

on 2/17/2014 6:07:00 PM

Glad I didn't purchase before trying . Made my skin itch and blotchy .

on 2/15/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this in the autumn last year and it is very nice.I have the shade B50 and this seems to suit my fair skin tone fine. It applies very nicely and isn't as rich as the Vitalumiere by Chanel .This is not a bad thing as when i feel that my skin isn't so thirsty for moisture i apply this instead so i have the best of both worlds really.The packaging is sleek and it is a very sturdy glass container(as i found out when i dropped it onto my toe-ouch)!

on 2/8/2014 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am into the third day of wearing this foundation which for the price is giving pretty average results. At first when the make up artist applied this foundation I loved it instantly which resulted in a hasty buy however after using this for a few days I have found it to look quite oily after a few hours wear. I have been out for 5 hours today and returned home to see it looking oily therefore I have had to powder my face. Coverage is average. I am going to use this foundation with a powder as it is expensive to waste but the powder will result in the light reflecting abilities to be reduced, however I would rather look more matte than oily. Normally I have very dry and sensitive skin with redness. I wish I had not bought this foundation, it's pretty average for the price

on 2/1/2014 1:35:00 PM

amazing. only product i've ever written a review on. convinced my sister it was worth the splurge and its now HG for both of us!

on 2/1/2014 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail foundation! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ This is flawless in a bottle. I have normal skin and not a lot of blemishes but do have a few freckles and this stuff just glides on like a dream! I have tried loads of foundation including mac, dior forever, chanel, dior air flash ysl teint resist and nothing compares! It's build able coverage. I don't even have to use a concealer or primer that's how good it is. A must have!

on 1/27/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation is hands down the most gorgeous foundation I have ever used. The price is pretty steep, yes, but I am willing to fork over more the extra money for products that are 100% worth every penny. I have dry and sensitive skin with redness and my skin can be rather picky when it comes to foundations which hasn't been fun for my wallet. I have tried countless foundations both high-end and drugstore and have found none thus far that compare to this.

First off, the scent is so lovely- it truly smells like fresh-cut roses (the scent fades within minutes of applying). I have been an avid user of Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation and I still love that but this provides me with a more hydrated feeling on my skin I just adore. The coverage is light to medium and is very buildable without looking cakey which is a huge selling point for me because I do like a good amount of coverage for the redness in my cheeks. Just for color reference, in this foundation I purchased BR20 and in MAC I am NW 15/20 and in Giorgio Armani I wear 4 in the winter and 5.5 in the summer. The consistency is a liquid but is not super runny and it applies BEAUTIFULLY on my dry skin. I apply this foundation with the Real Techniques expert face brush and at times have used my hands which gives just as good of a look. I find the lasting power to be quite good, I apply it before my day at about 7am and it still looks wonderful at about 5pm. I don't know what's put in this stuff, perhaps unicorn tears or something, but I'm baffled how this holds all day without fading or getting blotchy.

I like fuller coverage foundations (which this is not) so after putting on my moisturizer with Argan oil in the morning I apply a foundation that has a bit more coverage and then put a layer or two of this bad boy over it and it gives my face a luminous glow. This is AMAZING for those of you with dry skin and I really think it could work for oily skin as long as you don't mind blotting here and there or have a good setting powder. And can we talk about the fabulous packaging? The packaging is so luxurious in a gorgeous glass bottle with a pump which is always a plus! I will forever repurchase this product

on 1/20/2014 8:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great foundation. I have dry skin and this is very dewy. I even have to powder mid-day because of how shiny it makes me. I would only try this if you have dry to normal skin. The luminosity is what makes this great! And it last all day.
I agree this is similar to the L'oreal Lumi, the difference for me is the Ysl is more luminous and the shade range. I have yellow undertones and find it very hard to find the right shade in L'oreal. So to me this is worth it.
The only negative I have is this dries darker than what comes out of the bottle. So this is a foundation you have to put on and walk away for awhile before seeing if it works. I put it on and it looks way to light, but it darkens to the perfect shade.

on 1/17/2014 4:48:00 PM

I used to use YSL perfect touch foundation which was amazing so decided to try this. Within a few minutes of me wearing it my skin went all blotchy and itchy. I am allergic to it! Very disappointed as perfect touch was so good.

on 1/17/2014 1:43:00 PM

Meh. That pretty much sums up my thoughts on this foundation. It is a nice foundation. Sheer to medium although on me, it was more sheer. Nice formula. Pretty sure it broke me out but I don't consider it a horrible foundation because it did so. I never know what's going to break me out and what won't so it's my skin rather than the product.

When I was wearing this, I broke out my Loreal Lumi foundation as I have several foundations and wear whichever one I feel like on any given day. One thing that I saw right off was to me, the Loreal Lumi was just as good, if not better, than this one. Which is why I'm giving this one lower lippies. Sorry but I do think a $55 foundation should be WAY better than a $13 drugstore one. There is nothing horrible per se about this foundation. I just think the price point is WAY off for how it performs. If I could return it, I would because I have a few other ones that I paid a fraction of the price for that work very similarly for my skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Foundation Review: Laura Mercier, Dior, YSL by Cathies Ensemble

Foundations, Powders, and Tinted Moisturizers: MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, ETC by Crystal DivaLevy