April 24, 2014 | 1886 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought Bobbi had my back - but, on a lark, I tried a sample of this. Three days later I was purchasing a full size and 6 months later I'm still in love. This is my new HG (it was the BB Extra Foundation). It smells divine, gives me medium coverage that is buildable if required, makes me look photoshopped.

I'm not sure about the stay power - initially, it wasn't that great but I either have gotten used to it or have worked my problem out because it seems fine. Surely by the end of a long day, it's somewhat faded but that is normal for all product. But when fresh, and for a good many hours thereafter, this makes me look as good as I can.

Usually a Bobbi Brown 2 (Sand), I took a BD20 in this - it's slightly warmer than the others and gave me a healthier glow. I could carry either the B20 or the B(D)10 range as well. This foundation has a "broader range" of colors we can work with but there will always be one that works best. I do not use a primer, and have had bad experience with shifting. I'm fine with a good SPF that doubles as a primer under this. EIther the Chanel spf 50 or the Neutrogena liquid sheer. No interaction. Foundation goes on and stays on.

I apply with the beautyblender. I find this adds to the airbrush effect.

There is very little bad I can say about this foundation. Maybe that it would last longer but it seems to last well enough compared to other not specifically long wearing formulas out there. When I went back on a day to my Bobbi Brown, I even noticed that the BB previous HG had gone patchy towards the end of the day. This doesn't do that. It stays even, it's dewy. It's just great.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Jas19281928

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! This is amazing. This is awesome for my dry skin as it doesn't show any of my dry patches and glides on perfectly. Light coverage but can be built to light/medium. This is honestly one of my favourite foundations. B10 is a great match for my neutral/slightly yellow toned pale skin. So light and lovely and lasts well on me without powder which is always a plus. I think this would work well on dry - normal - to combination skin. Not sure how it would play out on an oily skin but I think it may slide off quite easily. Quite expensive but totally worth it - what else would you expect from YSL eh? If you are contemplating buying this, grab a tester as it is definitely worth a try as you may find your new HG foundation like me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by hummingbird5

Absolutely my favorite foundation these days.

Consistency is perfect (for me). I believe this is a gel formula. Spreads easily and evenly with brush or fingertips. Easily buildable, with no caking. Does not dry so quickly that you have to work fast, yet does not leave a tacky finish. Good coverage--not heavy/super-full, but also not as light as something like Bobbi Brown Skin. Neither matte nor overly "dewy" (i.e. greasy), this has a what I would call a healthy, natural finish. Slightly radiant, but without the shimmery particles that make my pores look twice their size. Takes various types/finishes of powders well (YSL Poudre Compacte, Guerlain Meteorites, MAC Blot, Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder, Hourglass Ambient Lighting). A little shine on nose at midday, but I have that with any foundation. No oxidizing. No settling into lines (I have lots). Blush stays put and does not change color over this. BD 40 is a very nice match for my MAC NC30(ish), Bobbi Brown Natural, NARS Punjab complexion. Love it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

A nice medium coverage foundation. It has a nice scent to it (I love scented makeup..), and a GORGEOUS packaging. YSL is my favorite brand packaging-wise. So pretty and practical. This is a glass bottle with a chic black stripe at the bottom. It has a pump and a golden cap. Lovely.

The product itself is a rather thick liquid foundation. I find I feel it slightly heavy once applied, but it's quite easy to blend. It's easy to apply with fingers, beauty blender, and brush. The finish is dewy, but I wouldn't call this "luminous". It doesn't feel as luminous as the touche eclat product, or the Diorskin or Chanel foundations, so I'm puzzled by the name. It's a straight-up dewy finish. I like it alright, but I don't think it's particularly amazing. Oily skins won't like this. If you put pressed powder you will have a matte finish. Nothing luminous/inner glowy about this that shines through...

Good lasting power (a regular workday and it looks good by the end. I haven't tested it longer than that)

I won't repurchase it, but I gill continue to use it up on those days when I don't mind the extra thickness on my face, or when I feel like using something other than my current HGs.

If you're curious, you should go to a YSL counter and have them apply it on your face. Take the chance to feel it, and if you like it, go for it. It won't oxidize, and it's not a bad foundation at all, just not as good as my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I mix it with moisturizer or a BB cream because I prefer a lighter coverage but it's really just lovely either way. I stipple it in/on...the finish is so fresh. My only critique is I wish they made lighter shades, I think the lightest one is just a bit to dark and yellow for me...but I'm really pale and more pink toned. lso want to add that my skin likes this and it stays put pretty well too even when sweating...at last that was my experience. I would give it a 5 if they had more of a color range....and it would become my favorite "full coverage" (for me) foundation. Yet I would buy it again because I sheer it out before applying.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by sksksk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a very generous sample after being colour matched at the YSL counter. Like many other reviewers, my T-zone looked very oily within a few hours. This was a real shame, as it looks very nice when first applied: quite natural and healthy-looking. Unfortunately, it made me appear oily (and I don't have oily skin; though I have combination skin, my T-zone does not get very oily) and disappeared well before the end of the day. This was better if I used a primer first (NARS oil-free ProPrime) and used a powder to finish- when both were used in addition to the foundation, it lasted better and I didn't look so shiny. Primer alone or powder alone didn't work. However, using both products in addition to the foundation made it look rather too matte, and I think defeated the purpose of the foundation. I don't have that kind of time on a regular basis, so, unfortunately, I would not bother purchasing this. By comparison, I find the Touche Eclat pen (highlighter/concealer product) a bit dry. I am glad I got such a generous sample, which I will finish, but will mix with another product or reserve for days when I can be bothered to use a primer and powder! Interestingly, I used to think Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation would make me look a bit shiny, but, that actually looks far better on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Jonnysmakeup

This foundation is absolutely gorgeous! Being male I tend to get spots and small break outs on the chin from shaving Etc and this covers them beautifully! I have an oily t-zone with the rest of my face normal and it works super well! The finish is gorgeous and glowy and when doubled with the touché éclat it looks astounding! A lot of people have said its only a light coverage for everyday but this is my going out foundation! 2 pumps gives you a good medium coverage and I'd imagine another half pump or a whole one would give you nearly full coverage! Whilst you may say being male I can't comment for female skin well actually I'm afraid I can! My cousin and my friend are both the same skin tone as me all with different skin types; my friend has normal to dry whilst my cousin is all over oily. When we tried it we all used our fingers and got astounding results!! I'm on my 2nd bottle already!! Slight con is it doesn't last superbly well on oily skin but then again it isn't a foundation that is supposed to. I've found using the new garnier 5sec perfect blur as a primer with it looks flawless and perhaps a tiny bit of powder on the super oily areas and that's all you need! One of my favourite foundations and believe me when I tell you, I own a lot!! Would recommend to anyone whatever the skin type or tone as the shade range is astonishing! Shall have to repurchase soon again and the price is quite good I think for how good it is!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

About my skin: Combination with a very oily T-Zone and dry cheeks. In my 30's, so skin is not as luminous as when I was younger. I have hereditary dark underye circles and a few acne discolorations left over from when I was pregnant.

I have light skin with neutral undertones, and finding something that is not too yellow or too pink is nearly impossible. For reference, I've been matched to MAC NC20 and NW20 (neither are perfect), Bobbi Brown Warm Ivory (a tad light) and Sand (a tad dark); NARS Deaville (slightly too light) and Fiji (slightly too golden). You get my drift...

I purchased this foundation in B30 which is a perfect match to my skintone. This foundation feels a little watery and has a decent amount of "slip." It blends right in and gives a beautiful, perfected look that is very natural. The finish is luminous and radiant without any sort of shine or glitter. It just looks like my skin is naturally dewy.

I typically use La Mer's Oil Absorbing Lotion and The Reparative Sun Lotion SPF 30 (two other favorites!) underneath, and have had no problem with the foundation slipping off or balling up.

I typically use 1.5-2 pumps, applied with clean fingers, and that gives the light-medium coverage YSL advertises. I have also used this with the BeautyBlender, and 2 pumps makes my skin look amazing. I usually use the Touch clat in 3.5 on my undereyes, and if I have a spot or any other discoloration that isn't covered, I follow with the La Mer concealer SPF25. I finish by setting with NARS loose powder in Eden. This combo yields a full workday of wear. I do blot once after lunch, but that's it.

The pump is sanitary, and though the glass bottle is heavy, it is attractive and functional as well.

Some other foundations that I like are Chanel Vitalimiere Aqua (the color match and luminosity do not compare to YSL however); Armani Luminous Silk (again, the color match issue); Cle de Peau Refining Fluid (again, YSL yields a better color match, and is also cheaper!), and La Mer fluid foundation (YSL gives lighter, "breathier" coverage.)

Love this foundation, and will definitely repurchase when I finish it! continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by anniebanner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation. I have oily/combination skin, so I have to be careful when I buy foundation because something that's dewy will emphasis my oily T zone, but something that's matte will emphasis my dry patches.
This foundation is very moisturising - it gives a lovely natural glow at first, but I find after a few hours wear it just looks oily and shiny on my T zone, even when I use a primer and powder. This is such a shame because I cannot fault anything else! It blends beautifully onto the skin, it smells divine, and the packaging is to die for. The price is very good as well for a high end foundation, and the colour range is fantastic; it's catergorised into cool tones, warm tones, and neutrals, and with 22 shades to pick from you'll most likely find your shade. My shade is BR10 as I'm very pale and have a pink undertone.

I would recommend this for girls with drier skin as it really does make you look really healthy and glowing. I might give this another try in winter when my skin isn't so oily, so maybe it's just the time of year.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by dhlila

I LOVE this foundation, before buying this foundation I was using Estee Lauder double wear which is quite heavy and doesn’t really suit hot weather. Since I have very light skin I have trouble finding foundation in my shade however this foundation is a PERFECT match to my skin. The foundation is comfortable to wear and blends in very nicely, I was worried the foundation would go melty in the sun but I was outside for about 4 hours the other day (keeping in mind its about 99F) and the foundation was still PERFECT when I got home. The foundation is quite light so I wouldn’t recommend this to acne prone skin but if your looking for a photogenic foundation that makes your skin look photoshopped this is what you’re looking for!