November 28, 2014 | 1450 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by allthatglitters94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is definitely the best foundation I've ever used. I have dry/normal skin that often looks very dull but this gives a really flawless and illuminating look. I've read a lot of complaints about this foundation's staying power but I found when used a primer and set with some powder, it stayed for at least 8 hours. Would 100% recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Rebeccaa242

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous packaging! Great foundation, medium coverage, very light texture. Wide shade range. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by indianprincessa

Moderately nice product, nice coverage, not too much but not too little either, tends to make the skin look greasy after a few hours however. Though, the colors are really nice, doesn't look caky, easy blendable. One of the better products to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by imasupermann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Lightweight on the face
- Doesn't break me out (I have acne prone skin)
- There is a full range of colours to match all skin tones
- The packaging is quite nice

Cons:
- Sheer. I don't know; when I decide to buy a foundation, I expect it to be full coverage. This one seems to only offer very little when it comes to covering acne or spots.
- The pump is difficult to control. Sometimes I want to touch up in some areas and I end up getting a huge blob of it. I don't like to waste product!
- It is quite pricey. To be honest, I don't think it is worth the hype.
- It lasts about 2 to 3 hours (maybe longer in winter), and you start to become very very shiny...
- I don't like the overly dewy finish.

Probably would not repurchase! Hope this helps :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Deedsrho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am absolutely in love with this foundation! I have dry acne-prone sensitive skin and this is the only foundation that I have tried that will not dry out my skin, cover my acne scars and not irritate my skin. It does have a light fragrance but nothing to irritate the skin and it keeps me hydrated. I do powder my T-zone after application. It gives a nice natural glow as well. Very build able in place you need it most. I think it works best with a buffing brush for maximum coverage but you can use your fingers for a sheer coverage. I'm B30, I do have olive skin and neutral but, pale. B20 is hard to find and B10 is for those with pale skin neutral skin. I found that BD10 is not similar to B30. I think BD10 has more of a peachy/beige (warm) undertone and of course the BR range is for those with a warm pinkish undertone. I have bought this foundation 3 times now. It lasts and the package is gorgeous! Recommend for those with dry skin and works best in winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Perfection91

I am so glad this was a sample for me.
This foundation was to me by a friend, so I do feel really bad about writing a negative review,,, But I feel like that shouldn't prevent me from giving a honest opinion about a foundation that costs a fortune.

This foundation in Canada is $62 plus tax,, which could easily add up to $70 if you live in Ontario,
I was willing to pay the price if I could find nothing else better.

Color:
I tried both BR30 and B30. BR makes me look like sweet potato, and B makes me look orange. The tone was right, just not the color (I'm about NC20, MUFE HD 117/120 ish).

Finish:
There was nothing luminous about this foundation. I expected my complexion to glow, but this didn't make that happen.. its about satin finish.

coverage:
For how light weight and "watery" this foundation is, I was actually surprised that it provided alot more coverage than I expected. it covered all my redness/uneven skin tone, and did a fair job on my hyperpigmentations from acne.
Did not accentuate the pores, but didn't hide them either which was kind of dissapointing..

application/texture/etc:
I tried using both my hands and a beauty blender. With the hands, I don't know maybe I'm not skillful enough, but it was too pigmented to be spread evenly with hands.
with beauty blender however, application felt smooth, didn't cake, and the coverage was definitely build-able. But the more I built, because my pores still showed through, I looked more and more like a orange.. very ugly in texture.. so I think its best if you leave it as a sheer coverage.

lasting power:
I go to school in a very dry climate, and I have combination skin. The way this foundation "broke down" wasn't super patchy and ugly, but it does lose the little bit of glow it has, and tone correcting power relatively quickly. it lasted me about 3 hours or less before it started deteriorating.

For a $60 foundation that is more expensive than a Dior, Lancome, and Chanel, I expected it to almost be magical; at least do the basics VERY well - light weight, buildable coverage, hide the pores, smooth the look of the skin, and last a long time. Didn't. I would've purchased this if it were about Sephora brand's price pt.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by cleotokos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product has so much glycerin in it that I've had to blot twice before noon. Not a good look - love the finish when I first put it on, but unfortunately it just shines, shines, shines all day! Real bummer because BR30 seems to be a perfect match for my NC25 skin - comparing the two, NC25 looks sooooo yellow! I do have yellow undertones but BR30 is probably the best colour match I've ever had in a foundation - what a shame!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by MarissaAnneMink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation looks great in the bottle. I was matched to BD60, which was an ok shade for me. Unfortunately, this foundation does not last longer than two hours on me. I worn it to work one day and it has melted my lunch time. By melted I mean the collar of my white shirt was covered in foundation.

The finish of the foundation is also more on the oily side rather than dewy, which is not what I want at all (For reference I have normal to combination skin). So I definitely wouldn't recommend this for anyone with oily skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by violetpython4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If your looking for a luxury splurge on a foundation I def suggest this product!
I use this in the winter months when my skin lacks a glow and usually tends to be dry . A lot like their concealer this foundation has light reflections properties and gives a beautiful lit from within glow to skin! The texture is like cashmere and when buffered in with an airbrush foundation brush the finish is like satin. I apply a pump to the back of my hand and use hourglasses foundation brush to buff! The smell of the foundation is like fresh cut roses! I def suggest this foundation ladies!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

I bought this foundation last week and have worn it for 4 days now.

This foundation has a light to medium coverage. It's sheer to light when applied with your fingers, and light to medium when applied with a brush. I use a flat brush and this works perfect on me. I use the shade B30 that suits my light to medium yellow undertoned skin. It comes in a beauuuutiful glass bottle with a golden top. it looks very very pretty but is a bit heavy though. Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for example is much easier to carry around, but i only apply my foundation in the morning, so don't need any carrying around anyway.

This foundation covers up most of my light blemishes (i don't have a lot) and some of my hyperpigmentation but doesnt cover it completely, which i dont mind and didn´t expect from a medium coveringn foundation, and i quite love a natural look. I can still see my freckles (which i like) and some tiny inperfections, but the imperfections are easily coverd up with another layer of this foundation or a concealer/corrector.

When I first apply this, the foundation is a satin-matt finish. an hour later its a satin-glowy (in a good way) finish, and after probably 5 hours this gets a bit shiny on my combination forhead and next to my nose. Combination or oily skins will need a touch up a few times a day with a powder. If your skin is very oily, this is not for you and will slide of in an hour.

Conclusion:

Loving this for my skin!

You will love this if you want a light covering foundation that only covers a few imperfections and a few light blemishes. if you have lots of blemishes this wont be enough coverage for you. This foundation gives a nice radiance so if you like a matt finish you're not going to like this.
Not giving this 5 lippies cause of the touch up i need to do a few times a day. I rather have a foundation that doesn't need much touch up, but that will probably only come with a higher coverage and matter foundation, and that's not what i want for my skin. I like it natural :)

....UPDATE, ONE YEAR LATER:...

I stopped using this as an every day foundation as it slides of my skin after a few hours. My skin is too combinated to wear this :(. too bad cause the finish is BEAUTIFUL