February 26, 2015 | 1787 users online

Liquid - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Touche Eclat Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by LisaVanderpump

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Gorgeous foundation in a gorgeous bottle that gives a gorgeous finish. That really sums up my experience, but I'll wax poetic a while longer:

It's a luxury to apply. The texture is thin, a bit gel-like in its fluidity. It smells delicious, vaguely of mango or melon, but in an unoffensive, chic way. The scent is gone within an hour. I have notoriously fussy, sensitive skin and the fragrance doesn't bother me at all. It actually peps me up as I start my day.

I adore the bottle; it's a sleek cylinder with a gleaming golden cap and an understated, sexy logo across the upper third. The pump is quite high quality; it's easy to control how much or how little of the fluid I want to dispense.

I feel that this goes on best with fingers, but a fluffy foundation brush can help buff it into the skin for extra evenness and longevity. The coverage is light to medium, and very buildable. The color never oxidizes and truly blends into my neck seamlessly. I'm NW10-15 in MAC foundations and wear BR20 in Le Teint Touche Eclat.

The finish? Illuminated, glowing, youthfulness. It never looks shiny, greasy, dewy, or fake. It looks like the best version of my skin with a little extra oomph of radiance. I set this with a very very thin layer of Dior Nude Natural Glow Fresh Powder, and it lasts quite a long time, at least 8 - 10 hours before real touch-ups are required.

Dry skinned girls, look into this for a fabulous way to get a hydrated glow during the winter.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Samdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had higher expectations. I have dry skin but this is oil-based so it gave me itchy spots. The colour also oxidised (I was the shade b50 and it become much darker throughout the day). I do like a dewy finish but this was just oily, not fresh looking dewy. There is a difference between oily skin and dewy skin and this didn't look healthy it just made me look greasy and I just wanted to wash my face off! Good points about it are: • Hefty and luxury packaging at a lower price • pump is controllable • delicate scent • doesn't look heavy on the skin (sorry I can't press enter to make a separate paragraph - it's not working on my phone! 😬). I tried benefits hello flawless oxygen wow! (Yes it's a mouthful! 😮) and I think it is a better option for those who think this is oily. Benefits dewy sheer coverage foundation is water-based! So it's unlikely to break you out! Haven't repurchased this unfortunately ..... Passed it onto my mum! 😄

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by maybellecowbell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I really like this foundation, I have trouble with flaky skin around my nose in the winter and even with exfoliation & layers of moisturiser I struggle to find anything that won't just cling to it. I applied this with a real techniques expert face brush and it went on a dream. It lasted really well and I found the coverage good, buildable & even covered a few spots I had with no need for concealer.

I picked BR10 for the shade & it is really pale, I often find foundations too yellow/golden toned but this is just right. This will be my winter foundation now - I use Lancome Photogenic Lumessence Ivoire 1N during the summer & it is the only other foundation I go back to again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by MisiB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hanging in Douglas this summer wondering if to buy YSL Teint Radiance foundation when a girl working for YSL asked me if I want to try Le Teint Touche Eclat. This was the first foundation that made my skin glow itself. I was under a spell so I bought it. I've been using B30. I really like the way my skin looks like when I apply it, but my skin is oily, especially on the T-zone. After 2-3 hours I "shine bright like a diamond". :D And one more problem - 15min after putting it on my face, it becomes liiiiitle bit like an orange. I don't know why. However... I want to try something else next time. If I don't find something better, I would definately come back to YSL. :) But not now... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ladies, ladies, ladies (and perhaps gents), if you do not already own this foundation, why not? Okay, so I am a foundation fiend. But let me tell you what. I have never used this foundation on its own. The secret is to use this ON TOP of your favourite water-based foundation. That's right, apply your regular water-based foundation, your concealer, then as a finishing step, buff a SMALL amount of this product in your shade on top of the centre areas of your face. I use the real techniques expert face brush and it works wonders. It will last all day and will not budge, so for those of you out there who complain that this product does not last or set or whatever negative you may harbour, try what I said and thank me later. You will have flawless skin in no time.

This foundation does not clog, smells gorgeous and fresh, is light weight, and the colour range is fantastic. So why would anyone have anything negative to say? I have dramatically oily skin but I still use this in the centre of my face on top of my other foundations and it never contributes to the oilies.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

My fav combinations:
on top of Chanel Mat Lumiere
on top of Chanel Perfection Lumiere
on top of Armani Luminous Silk
on top of Make Up Forever HD
on top of Guerlain Parure Extreme

I alternate my base foundation daily, but always use the Teint Touche Eclat on top.

I have found that my favourite setting powder with this foundation is the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder.

Want to take your skin to another level of wow? Spritz a dampened beauty blender with some Cinema Secrets Moisture Spray and rock/dab the sponge gently over the powdered foundation. Perfection.

Now, I have told you all the secret to amazingly glowing skin. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by dbmiller

I really love this foundation. It's illuminating, but not full of sparkles. Somewhat difficult to find a shade, but BD50 works for my NC25-NC30 skin tone. Light to medium coverage. I love that it has SPF and a pump. I will update on the wear time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Been using this for a month now so it's time for a review!
First to say ysl has a really weird numbering system. B30 is darker and more yellow than bd50.

I wear shade 10 from chanel and 4 from giorgio armani. O20 in CDP. So imagine the shock when they told me I'm a match in bd40.

But turns out bd40 is still pretty light compared to b30..

I tried the new serum foundation and BD50 looks a tad dark for me but perfect when mixed with bd40.

All I can advise for this foundation is to bring samples back and try in natural light setting. It's extremely hard to settle on a shade (for me)

Using this product with beauty blender works wonders and the staying power last whole day with the nars light optimising primer and the finishing powder. Even with no primer and powder, it still can last 8h

Product has an extremely floral smell so you will have to learn to love it in the long run :p

Other than that I'm very happy with this foundation.

For dark eye circles ; do use the touche eclat after layering more foundation on your eye area :p it helps

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by mndjohn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this a good foundation. it's so light you don't even feel like you're wearing something, the shade selection is great and the coverage is just enough for me. that said it might not be as great for oily skin because the finish is quite dewy. I wish it was a matte finish but it isn't

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this stuff, it goes on beautifully smooth and looks so pretty when first applied- a lot better than armani luminous silk, has decent coverage and is build able but can get cakey, I have some acne scarring that can show through and it does dry a little when it's built up around spots- this is only visible close up and probably could be helped using a concealer, I moisturise really well before using as my skin is quite dry and most foundations do show my dry patches otherwise, THE STAYING POWER IS CRAP, even with primer, powder and a setting spray this does not last, my skin is not even oily! It would barely last 2 hours!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to try it with my Smashbox Primer and MAC Concealer and report back!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Loveandcouturexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really dissappointed with this. I thought it was going to be great for me, but It just wasn't. I'm a mac NC20 and BD10 worked great for me. I don't have any complaints as far as the shade range goes. At first I absolutely loved this foundation, the medium/buildable coverage, the luminous finish, how it was hydrating but not oily, looked natural, HOWEVER..this broke me out awfully. I have huge cysts all down the sides of my face. I know it's this foundation, every time I try to use it I break out. And not just a few zits, i'm talking pizza face. Nasty. I don't use it anymore. Acne prone skintypes BEWARE!!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No