Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

3.6

G790475 - AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ALCOHOL DENAT. , BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, SQUALANE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TALC, NYLON-12, MALTITOL, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, SORBITOL, PERLITE, VACCINIUM MYRTILLUS FRUIT EXTRACT, <+/- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES>.(F.I.L. B51922/1).

on 4/30/2014 12:16:00 AM

This product is extremely runny so you need to be careful when you open it. I really liked the coverage but I found that no matter what I did my skin got extremely oily, extremely fast even though it's the formula for combination/oily skin. For the price, I was expecting more, but I gave it away to a friend that likes it.

on 4/25/2014 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised after using this BB Cream and see how great it is. Usually I tends to use Asian BB Cream and I bought this because it was on sale.
- It actually is medium coverage. It covers my blackheads and pores and small scars very well. It also lightens up my dark circles.
- The color fits me so well (I have light Asian skin tone). Also, it gives me nice glow but not too much. Like, radiant skin!. And it stays very long and does not turn into orange after a long day. I usually wake up at 8 am and get home at 9 pm and this BB cream still have the same color (impressed!)
- Even though it's for combination to oily skin, I don't think it works very with my T-Zone. It melts on my forehead and sometime I can the lines (sigh!). But a blotting paper will clean the mess. I have very oily T-Zone anyway.
- Tips when using this:
+ Putting your concealer first, don't spread your concealer yet. Wait for few seconds then apply Garnier BB cream. When applying, blend your concealer and BB cream together.
+ Dabbing your fingers instead of spreading them. BB cream will sink into your skin better.
+ Applying powder right after applying this BB cream

on 4/24/2014 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Consistency-wise, this stuff is REAL liquidy, which is why I'm not a huge fan of the packaging. The product will drip out and get allll over the tube if you lay it on its side after use. However, 'tis a small price to pay for the awesome of this product.
In terms of "okay, but is this really a BB cream?" I'd definitely say no. The coverage is almost full, and the consistency is very foundation-like; which I love because I have both acne and a handful of darker hyperpigmentation scars that it covers instantly. The coverage is super-buildable, so I can add on a little extra if I need to without it looking cakey.
Moisture-wise, my skin is combination with dry patches, so I prefer to apply a layer of oil-free moisturizer before I apply this. It actually seems to go on a lot smoother after, too!
My skin will usually go into a full-on oil-fest in the afternoons, but this stuff REALLY takes care of the shine! I was impressed, as other products making the same claim never lived up to it.

Overall, this is a new fave. I'd love to see better packaging that keeps the dripping under control, and I'd love to see a higher SPF; but, as is, it's a great product for girls who want fuller, easily buildable coverage and oil control.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this bb cream! I don't understand the negative reviews, I have used this everyday probably for the past two years and love it. I have sensitive, oily skin with acne scars and this bb cream has actually improved the appearance of my scars. Obviously no foundation can keep oily skin matte all day, but this one does a good job, I only have to put a tiny bit of powder on after 9 hours or so and it lasts me all day. It doesn't oxidise on me at all, I've found if it's worked into the skin like a moisturiser would be rather than 'painted' on the skin it evens out the skin tone, stays the same colour all day, and gives medium coverage. Because I have acne scars I have to use concealer with it but it definitely covers my dark circles and redness. Even though it gives good coverage, it's light and doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing makeup at all. It's amazing quality for the price and it also lasts for ages! The only problem I have with it is that it's so runny it leaks into the lid which wastes a lot of product. However I would definitely recommend this to anyone with oily/acne-prone/sensitive skin :)

on 4/6/2014 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

BB cream? Yeah, right. BB creams are characterized by their sheer coverage, light feel, and moisturizing and brightening properties. This is incredibly thick, heavy, and pore-clogging. On top of that, it runs quite dark and with and orange tint. It certainly offers plenty of coverage, and you get a ton of product for its inexpensive price. but honestly, I thinks it's more just a waste.

on 4/6/2014 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I have combination/dry skin, with an oily t-zone and this made my skin feel silky smooth and made it look matte and flawless! I always wear it to school in the morning, and at the end of the day when I come home, my makeup is still in place! I would say this is the best drugstore bb cream out there. I would definitely continue using it.

on 4/6/2014 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

After swearing off this BB cream the first time I purchased it, I was sucked back in by a slew of ad campaigns.
I initially bought this BB cream when it first came out in the shade "light/medium". I obviously should have known that the colour was too dark for me- since most things even labelled "light" are even too dark for me- but the BB cream craze swept me away and I was dying to try it.

After my initial attempt with Garnier's BB cream failed, I tossed it and moved to more upscale brands with sunscreen in them. However, after I saw in a magazine that Garnier had released the same cream in a lighter shade I found myself running to the store to try it out (what can I say? I love a bargain).

And it's almost like going back to an ex when they tell you they've changed...because they haven't really.

The cream, albeit slightly lighter, was still to dark and too orange- made only worse when it began to oxidize after a week's worth of uses. I usually love Garnier products, but after giving it another chance, I will never get back together with this BB cream.

I have very, very fair skin (but normally don't have a problem when I choose the lightest shade from a brand) and the "light" shade is still way too dark for me. It seems more like a medium shade.
I have fairly dry skin that never gets oily, but after reading some reviews I saw the the regular Garnier BB cream that is not for oily skin got very bad reviews and people said that it made their non-oily skin, oily. Also, when I swatched both the "light" shades side by side, the one for oily skin seemed to be a little lighter.
I normally get very dry skin to the point where it peels around my nose and mouth constantly, especially when I wear a foundation, but that doesn't happen with this product. I have also noticed that my skin seems a little more moisturized and less "peely" even when I am not wearing makeup.
I have sensitive skin that breaks out a lot when I try new products, but I did not break out with this product.
I think that this BB cream has the most coverage out of any other that I've tried - I have a lot of redness on my face, especially my cheeks, and this covers it most of the day. I do have to use concealer a little bit when my face is extra red or when I have dark circles.
As other people have said, the packaging is awful and it is really hard to control how much of the product comes out. The cream is extremely liquid and runny - I normally store my tube with the lid facing up so it does not leak into the lid.

I would buy this product again because it is the best coverage "foundation" that I can wear due to my skin peeling, as I mentioned above. I've found that even though the color does not exactly match my skin tone, I can blend it in with some other foundation around my hairline and neck. I am also going to try mixing it with a lighter foundation, but I'm not sure if that would make my skin peel too! I'm also hoping that when I get a bit darker during the summer, it will match better.
Overall, if you have dry skin, definitely try this product, it has helped my skin so much. Just be careful with the color if you have very fair skin.

on 3/29/2014 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product in the winter it stays on pretty much all day! But I hate the packaging you can't control the product.
But it gives really good coverage for a bb cream I would say medium coverage.

on 3/27/2014 9:03:00 AM

I love love love this product. I used to use the Covergirl 3-1 foundation, but it oxidized on me :( So I switched to this, it dries like a dream, it's like semi-matte. It doesn't have full coverage, but enough for my acne prone skin that I don't even need concealer, just some powder with color and I'm good to go for school, though I gets a bit oily after my fourth period class (about 5 hours later)