July 24, 2014 | 1819 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by coffeehigh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I do like this foundation, I find that is does not live up to the hype. I like that I can quickly apply it with my fingers when I'm in a hurry. I expected it to give flawless coverage like the reviews I watched, but it looks more natural in my opinion. It evened out my skin tone, but did not conceal acne scars. Another thing I did not like was the lack the poor shade range. I have it in the darkest shade and I can just about barely pull it off. Also because of the bulky packaging (it has a lot of extra unnecessary glass) it can be hard to determine in the store which shade is for you. Overall I do like wearing this foundation, but I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

This is the second time I have purchased this foundation. I have tried it in two different colors and I have to say I love this product more than my Estee Lauder foundation. It has MUCH better coverage for many fractions of the cost. It is comparable to MAC studio fix also. I would highly recommend this to anyone. It has buildable to the fullest coverage you want just like it promises on the label. It is best when used with powder if you have oily skin. Overall, this is the best foundation I've ever bought from a drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kaleiokapualani

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation for almost a year now! That says a alot for me because i'm usually the girl who switches foundations every month. I highly highly recommend this foundation for all skin types, even you oily girls out there! This foundation has very buildable coverage (medium to heavy coverage), and makes my face look truly flawless. Usually i have two different foundations- one for everyday, and a heavier one for special occasions. However, after discovering this baby, i use it for everything!

Besides the flawless coverage and amazing lasting power, my favorite part about this foundation is that it doesn't break out my sensitive skin... In fact, it almost treats my breakouts! I noticed that after a long day of heavy makeup (i am a makeup artist so i always have a full face on), i wasn't getting pimples and my current break outs seemed to be drying up. I looked at the ingredients on the back, and whatya know! It contains Salicylic Acid!

My secret to extra long lasting power for the oiliest of oily skinned girls is the following. I first wash my face, then tone my skin with witch hazel. Next i apply my Becca matte primer (this stuff is the best). Then i apply the whipped foundation with my fingers, and i set it all with my ben nye banana powder. Voila! Absolute perfection that will last ALL day! I've even swam with this stuff on and it doesn't come off.

Only down side is the packaging. Its a heavy glass container that makes things bulky and inconvenient. Dropped mine once, and the cover cracked.

Good luck!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a hate/love relationship with this one. This foundation is great for summer in the humid weather. It really does not budge. However, in the winter it accentuates any dry spots that I have. It really does cover well but makes my pores really visible and I don't even have big pores :/. Although the packaging does look nice and luxurious.. it's rather heavy and not practical for travel. I dropped it on the ground and the lid broke off so it doesn't completely close anymore. I have to tie it tightly with an elastic band so the foundation doesn't dry up since I'd like to use it up in the summer... I won't purchase again since it makes my pores look humongous.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by virginblue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this because I like the original Colorstay for oily/combination skin but I was looking for something a little more natural-looking. My skin tone is not difficult to match. I have light skin and just bought the lightest shade, Ivory, which matched fine. The packaging is elegant but not practical and there is only .8 ounces per container. The foundation itself goes on smoothly. I personally like using my fingers or a sponge to apply this. I didn't like the way it looked with a foundation brush--too cakey. It leaves a matte finish, but not super matte. I prefer not to set this with powder. It lasts all day with just a a few oil blots throughout. I suggest using a light exfoliating cleanser and moisturizing before application because it accentuates dry skin and itself dries the skin out over time. Overall, I really liked the look, but it only gets 3 lipped because it ended up breaking me out in tiny bumps on my chin, forehead and along my jawline.

PROS
-matte but natural-looking (not cakey)
-does not require powder
-controls oil
-smooth application
-long-lasting

CONS
-dries out skin
-poor shade range
-pricey for a drugstore foundation (about $15 USD)
-***break-outs*** (This was the deal-breaker for me. I rarely break out and this broke me out horribly.)

Fairly nice foundation. I wouldn't recommend to those with sensitive/acne-prone skin because it is highly comedonic. I wouldn't recommend to those with dry skin because it accentuates dryness and itself is drying. Will not repurchase because of the break-outs. Too bad because otherwise it was almost perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by iambekk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

PRO
-good coverage
-lasts ages
-matte finish

CON
-packaging is chunky

I alternate between this in the colour "Buff" and my MAC Studio Fix NC15 it is the perfect colour match. When I tested it in store, it completely disappears on my skin. I use this when I'm going out to a party or somewhere I want good coverage. I just lightly dab my finger in the 'pot' for my forehead, each cheek and chin and it covers my whole face. It blends well, I just use my fingertips.
I love this foundation and I will repurchase it.
Only beef I have with it is that the packaging is beefy. It is not portable in any way and takes up way too much space in my makeup bag.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just got this foundation, and I had to write my initial review. I have tried tons of different foundations over the past few years -- Estee, Bobbi Brown, YSL, Lancome, Chanel, Clinique and more that I can't remember right now. I haven't tried a drugstore foundation in years. First, the texture is fantastic for my 45 year old skin that has turned slightly dry from retinol. Secondly, the color is a great match for my cool undertones. Too many foundations are yellow-based, and they just do not work for me.
EDIT: This foundation was just too thick -- broke me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Bloormac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried everything on the market right now. My skin is very combination! I had used Makeup Forever hd foundation for a year or two. It seemed to make me oily a few hours later. I could always "feel" it sitting on my skin. I have tried Giorgio Armani's luminous silk and maestro fusion, every MAC foundation known to man, YSL touché éclat, bobbi brown... I wish I was kidding. This is the only foundation the matches me perfectly and stays put all day long. I never feel like I have foundation on! I don't put much on, just enough to evenly coat my skin. I also use a beauty blender to give a flawless finish. I finish with Makeup Forever HD powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mommy2lj

I bought this a while back, went through 2 jars... really liked it. When I went to replenish the store didn't have my color so I tried a different brand and liquid formula. It was ok..

This week I bought another jar of this. I cannot believe how good this product is. Color is awesome, scent neutral, consistency perfect and very long wearing. I use this over a foundation primer which I am sure helps with a flawless application.

My skin is so sensitive, I don't remember breaking out from it before but I wouldn't be surprised if I get a little product change break out.

Also I use this with a MAC makeup brush, circular motion. This foundation can be heavy if you aren't careful.. It's very buildable so start off light.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by diLovesblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation!!! I've tried many different foundations, drugstore and high end. I purchased this foundation after disliking mufe hd foundation(gross). I have really oily skin and I tend to break out, well this foundation stays on and so far my skin looks great with not breakouts! I wear it to work and I don't have to worry about my face looking shiny trough out the day. The finish is matte, which I really like. I sometimes set it with a powder and I wear benefit porefessional under. However I have worn this foundation without primer and it still lasts and looks great. I will definitely be purchasing this again! The reason why I don't give it 5 it's because of the packaging, it is too heavy, no pump. Also I find that this foundation best applies with fingers so for those who like brushes, it is a bit on the downside. I am NC30 in Mac Pro long wear, (mufe hd desert 123) and I use warm golden with this foundation.