November 24, 2014 | 1137 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I LOVE this brush! The MUA reviews don't lie, this is an excellent brush for the price and the performance!

I love how soft this brush is, it's pretty dense and does a great job of blending my foundation. I love the handle it's soft yet grip able and it can actually stand up straight on it's own without a holder. I thought that the brush head would be way too small and that it would take me longer to do my makeup but I am amazed how flawless my foundation goes on, and I get easily distracted cause it works so well that I actually like taking my time and seeing how airbrushed my face looks lol.

Buy this brush now! It's great, you can't beat the price and the quality like other MUAers mentioned.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There's no doubt that the RT brushes are GREAT quality for the price.

This brush in particular is the only one I've been not satisfied with.

For someone who needs full coverage and layers their foundation to get coverage, this brush is just too small for me. It takes me twice as long to buff in my foundation with this as it would with a flat top brush. I can see why people like it, but just be aware that it does cover a small surface area.

I like to use this to buff in my undereye concealer or apply liquid highlight, but as a foundation brush it just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

I've had this brush for quite a while and I can't believe I never reviewed it. I loooooveee this foundation brush. Works wonders especially with MUFE HD. It gives you the most flawless coverage without being streaky or cakey. The RT buffing brush is great as well but I prefer this one over the other. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by wendyxo

i love love LOVE this brush! not only is it affordable but it is also quality! i bought this online for about $15 Australian dollars and i am very pleased with how soft and dense this brush is! is also makes my foundation look smooth and flawless with out looking cakey :) would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Trenty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very soft, dense brush...covers smoothly... Softer than the Sephora mineral powder brush #45 after washing..n cheaper in price..good deal I'd say :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by EllaBella95

I love it! After daily use for about 2 months not a single brush hair has shed- usually a big problem with other brushes I've tried. The hairs are soft and densely packed. I use it to apply mehron celebre pro hd foundation and it's utterly flawless in less than a minute - buffed in beautifully. Highly recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by bublebulle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I didn't post a review of the Expert Face brush sooner but I'm catching up after months of use and love!

I'm a huge fan of luxury/high-end brushes (with a special, genuine love for Japanese handmade ones - Hakuhodo, Suqqu, Wayne Goss... you name them.) but I must say that I'm impressed by Samantha Chapman Real techniques brushes! Okay, they're mass-produced in China but they perform really well - the face brushes in particular are very, very good - especially for the prices they retail at. I was lucky enough to have a friend buying the different brushes and sets for me on a trip to the US so I didn't pay the price they are sold in Europe (this price tag difference is a bit unfair for us Europeans but we are used to it... well...not). Anyway...!

Pros:
- The Expert Face Brush synthetic bristles are soooo soft on the skin that they make the foundation application a great moment.
- The size of the brush is perfect - not too big, not too small - you can go on all the crevasses of the face with ease.
- There are no streaks of products left on the skin, everything blends nicely.
- The bristles are densely packed but they're much easier to clean than those of the Sigma F80 (which I do not recommend to buy anymore since it is pricier and is most likely to fall apart in less than 2 years - I know, it happened to me twice. Yes, you have read correctly, twice.) and the Expert Face Brush is then ready to use the next morning.
- So far, no shedding or ferrule loosening. Hopefully, it will remain like this for many years to come. If not, then I wouldn't have put too much money on these which is fine.
- Fantastic value for the money

Cons:
- The design. Not a fan of the wide, rubbery-base brush which stands on its own but that's because I put all my brushes in jars. It feels nice on the hand, but I'm concerned about the longevity of the rubbery part and the look of the brush in the long-run.
- The higher price tag for us Europeans who want to use the Real Techniques brushes. I mean, they remain totally affordable, I don't complain about it, but there is a real gap between US and UK price per say. Sounds stupid, but I thought it would be cheaper - or at least priced equal - in Europe since Sam if from the UK. lol. Well... I know, stupid.

In short:
I totally recommend the Real Techniques face brushes to anyone who wants to buy good quality tools at an affordable price. The Expert Face brush has become my favorite to apply foundation quickly and effectively everyday for months now. :-)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by thejabs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZING. All the brushes I've tried from Real Techniques are fantastic, but this one is by far my favourite.

-SO SOFT

- It's super versatile - I generally use it for foundation, which I think its perfect for, but when I can't be bothered dirtying my other brushes I use it for contouring, blush, and powder. Its shape means it fits the sides of my nose, hollows of cheeks etc really easily!

-Like all of my real techniques brushes, it doesn't absorb a huge amount of product like my Sigma brushes, so it's easy to clean, and, half my foundation doesn't end up in the brush so I'm saving money.

-Also, because it doesn't pick up too much product, I can build up blush and bronzer without overdoing it. Bit annoying when you're in a hurry but I'm okay with it.

-I can't complain about the price..compared to MAC brushes they're great value given that the quality is so high!

-I love that you can stand them up on their bases...sure the design isn't as classy as some of the other brushes out there, and they're a little bulky, but they seem sturdy and practical.

-I haven't had the chance to deep clean them yet to check drying time etc, but given that they seem a lot less dense than my Sigma brushes and have different bristles, I expect they will dry quicker

Definitely HG. While I still love my Sigma brushes, I'll definitely be reaching for these more often!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Lvdrew319

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THESE BRUSHES. If you get any or are on a budget I recommend this one and the stippling brush. I also LOOOVE the two Chapman sisters on youtube! they know what they're doing and are funny, sweet, nice, and socialable. I have tried 3 different foundations with this brush & they have all come out beautifully, leading me to the conclusion that it is because of the brush! I have tried ecotools, japonesque, and mac (not foundation brushes though), and Real techniques are my favorite. as for the price, it's closer to high end than not but you have to start somewhere and the cost of creating them had to be out the butt and time consuming. It's WORTH the cost and I'm a broke college student.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by abrearley90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this brush (though as per usual totally overpriced in Aus- thanks for trying Priceline!) its super dense and is a close contender for fingers. I got mine from iherb.com (super cheap like around A$8 I think and came very quickly) and have purchased more brushes from the range since.