April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Gretalin

I just freaking love this brush! It is great for many things like liquid or cream foundation, blushes and bronzer. It just so easy to buff my foundation in with this brush! And it is super easy to dry after I wash this brush, so you can wash it every time you use it! I jut can't get enough of this brush, it is in my everyday foundation routine for almost 2 month now!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:53:00 AM More reviews by adele1811

Wanted so much to love this brush but i gotta be true to my conscience...i hate this brush...my elf powder brush was so much better...this brush makes my makeup streaky and all it does is wipe off all my makeup...tried buffing, stippling and painting it on...it doesn't work no matter what i did...the problem is it doesn't deposit the makeup on your face so your brush is totally wet with the foundation thus making it all streaky...i'm just gonna go back to my beloved elf brush :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by darklausal23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great brush for liquid foundation, can stand up in vanity since it has a flat base, nice weight to it & very affordable. I use this brush on a daily basis have 3 in total so I have a clean one at all times

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this brush at all. I bought it based on the great reviews but honestly, I don't get the hype. I MUCH prefer my $3 ELF flat top brush. The ELF brush, which I also bough based on the great MUA reviews, is much easier to use and the makes my foundation go on smoothly. This too small, has almost a pointy end and just plain doesn't do anything.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with all of the other reviewers who didn't like this brush. It was a waste of money! Too bad I threw everything out because I would of returned it :( it's the worst foundation brush I've ever tried. I also tried to find other ways to use it & it's just not as good as my other brushes. I bought a few Elf brushes that work better then this one. Maybe I'll give it to my friends daughter to play with!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by DebWil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I agree with the previous reviewer. This brush did nothing to help me apply foundation better. It is way too dense and short to blend foundation out without wiping it off of the skin. I don't know how everyone else is using it that is so miraculous, but for me it was a 'no'.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the worst brush I have ever bought. I have a brush I got from target for a $1 that works better. It was way too dense and domed to blend any foundation out properly with out tugging and irritating the skin. I washed it once and it took two days to properly dry. There are way better full coverage brushes out there. I'd save your money for the Shiseido one. I'm glad I bought this at Ulta because I returned it the next week.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I was holding off this purchase, as I recently bought the RT Core Collection. I am in love with the buffing brush from Real Techniques Core Collection for foundation. It is surprisingly my favorite to stipple in foundation over any other brush. I wasn't sure that I needed ANOTHER foundation brush.

I am glad that I finally caved for this purchase. While this brush is similar to the RT buffing brush, its shape makes it more precise for stippling in certain areas. I find that I switch this brush off with the RT buffing brush on and off. I like the choice and the two will last me forever. Neither brush sheds at all after wash. Both have bristles of just the right softness with perfect handles.

One of my favorite make up brushes! Highly recommend this brush and Real Techniques core collection buffing brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

I love this brush. I use it for wet foundations and cream blushes (even stick blushes, like those from NYX and Tarte). It is especially nice to use with compact foundations, like Revlon's PhotoReady, as it picks up just enough product to be workable. I especially like using it to feather out the edges of my concealer, both under my eyes and across the lid.

I think the secret to this brush not "eating" all of your product is to apply toward the center of your face and blend outward. By the time I've reached my jawbone and forehead, the last bit of product smooths out perfectly.

Two things I especially love are: the price (especially if you catch a BOGO), and how easy it is to clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by gildoush22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

perfect for its purpose, liquid foundation or creams. its so easy to work with, a must have