Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

3.6

ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] methyl trimethicone [] butylene glycol [] neopentyl glycol diheptanoate [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] nylon-12 [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] salix alba (willow) bark extract [] aloe barbadensis leaf extract [] cholesterol [] glycerin [] zinc stearate [] peg-10 dimethicone [] caffeine [] lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone [] lecithin [] disteardimonium hectorite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] tocopheryl acetate [] phenyl trimethicone [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] laureth-7 [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] potassium sorbate [] sorbic acid [] sodium dehydroacetate [] triethyl citrate [] hydroxyapatite [] xanthan gum [] sodium chloride [] alcohol [] dipropylene glycol [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] sodium hyaluronate [] nylon-6 [] chlorphenesin [] phenoxyethanol [] [+/- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) [] mica]v

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The lightest shade of this foundation is much too dark for my skin tone! I was so excited to purchase this, but clearly it's made for women with dark skin.

on 3/22/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this for my wedding last year & use this as my summer foundation. I use Clinique's Superbalanced the rest of the year. I have extremely finicky skin, so I gravitate towards Clinique's non-allergenic, fragrance-free, oil-free products. I have tan skin, so color matching is always tricky, but #20 Golden Neutral blends in undetectably during the summer. Golden Neutral is a little dark/orange for my untanned skin.

Pros: oil-free, non-comedogenic, fragrance free, holds up pretty well in warm weather, no spf- so it looks good in photos

Cons: will transfer onto clothes, does need touch ups

on 3/20/2013 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

what brought me to this foundation was the fact that it said " stay matte" I am very oily and I look for foundations that can help with my oil . First off , the coverage is medium to full if yoild it up it can be full coverage . It does give u a matte look, my skin does still get oily through out the day and the foundation does start to fade away over time . I also have acne prone skin this foundation does not make me breakout at all or cause any pimples . I only really wear this in the summer cause I want something to keep me matte , The reason I gave it 3 stars is because for me I need a foundation I want to wear all year around and this doesnt do it for me , also it transfers really bad m if I somebody gives me a hug this will end up all on there shirt I hate that . This is a great foundation for someone who has combination skin (not that oily ) and wants a light to medium coverage , my color in this is 25 (spice) in Mac studio fix fluid I'm NC50

on 3/18/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I have combination skin and have looked for a liquid foundation for years that actually accomplished what all "matte" foundations claim to do. This product takes the cake for me. I apply it with a brush instead of a sponge, and to me that makes all of the difference. Obviously your skin will not look matte while wearing the makeup if you are working out or sweating intensely during the activity, but the purpose of the makeup is to diminish oil. I only wear foundation during the winter, and this gets the job done.

on 3/16/2013 2:48:00 AM

Like many other reviewers, this looked thick and cakey on me too. I got golden neutral #8. Works great for NC 35. When I got this I also got a sample of their new pore refining solutions makeup and I love love LUV that one. It looks like real skin and hides my pores and imperfections. And it keeps me more matte than stay matte. I got #8 golden neutral in that one too. So I returned the stay matte and exchanged it for pore refining solutions makeup. And I'm so happy I did!

on 3/15/2013 11:17:00 PM

This foundation is what I would call a "eh" product.
it's not horrible, but it's not that great either. It's not super expensive but it's not a cheap product either so I expected a little bit more than most drugstore foundations. However, I wouldn't say it was worth the money I would go for lo'real's true match or revlon's hd foundation instead, which is cheaper.

Pros:
-Matte, good for combination to oily skin
-not sticky when it goes on

Cons:
-Cakey
-Does not have a good coverage compared to the fact that it is cakey
-can be too drying sometimes

on 3/15/2013 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great foundation! I have rosacea and it s a buildable medium to full coverage for me. Doesn't break me out which is exceptional.
it looks natural on the face, even if i set it with a loose powder, so totally not cakey!
I have many other foundations, but i wear this the most because of the great coverage and the lasting power. It stays all day long without doing any touch ups!

on 3/9/2013 7:38:00 PM

Dont like it, its cake!!!! On my face....

on 3/6/2013 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I live in the South, where it's hot and humid almost all year round. Which is why, I was very excited to try this product when it first launched. I was matched to the shade Golden Neutral. The color match was pretty good. It didn't oxidize badly on my face, like other Clinique foundations that I've used in the past have. Also, I will say that it does go on matte, but then after a number of hours it takes upon this semi-matte look to it. Basically, the longer I wear it, the less matte it looks on my face. Therefore, even though I set it with a setting powder, touch ups are still needed with this foundation. For me, this foundation does not provide very long lasting oil control at all. This foundation does start to breakdown after a while too (just like many other foundations that I have tried have done as well). And, after later checking out the ingredients listing for this foundation, I noticed that it has alcohol in it (which I feel is totally not needed).

This foundation doesn't truly stand up to very hot and humid conditions as well as it's claims it's supposed to. Overall, i found this foundation to be decent, just not the best for wearing if your like me, and happen to live in an area where it's practically hot and humid here almost all year round. Which is why, I have no plans to ever buy this foundation again.

on 3/2/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was my very first high-end foundation and I was so excited to use it.
I have to say, it has a great texture and it goes on very smoothly and this foundation didn't break me out at all. The packaging was also very cute.
However, this foundation doesn't stay on my face the entire day like my MakeUp Forever Mat Velvet+. Also, if you don't mind a scent to the foundation then you can consider buying it. It's a great foundation but I wouldn't repurchase because I use my MakeUp Forever one.