August 30, 2014 | 1872 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I am really disapointed with this foundation. I have oily skin and always looking for a foundation that lasts, covers and doesn't make me shiny or to caked looking!

The texture of this foundation is quick thick and creamy and applies really well to the skin and is very blend-able. You can reapply to the blemished areas and not look like cake based! Lasted all day and made my skin soft.

The problem is it made my skin red... not a rash but just a pinky/red where I had applied the foundation.. and I have never had this from a foundation before. I would recommend this foundation to people but make sure you get a sample first to try out to see if your skin likes it!

Good price for the quality otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by PinkCarnation

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation. I am a Clinique Type 3 and this is perfect for my combo/oily skin. It stays on all day even in high humidity. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't settle into any lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by laurelwatanabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ok, I'm kind of a foundation addict I have a new one every month but I think I might stick with this one a bit longer. I have been using the Smashbox BB cream and really like it but it wasn't offering enough coverage, I've had some breakouts and redness and dry patches due to the cold. I haven't found a Clinique product in the past I've liked so I asked for a sample it last a couple days and I really liked it, it offered a lot of coverage without looking cakey and even though it's matte it doesn't cling to my dry patches. It keeps the oil away and still has a little bit of dew to it. I like it a lot. I'm an NC25 and am using 04 Creamwhip. I am half Japanese and have a yellow base.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by barbarinimeble

at fist I had many doubts about the effect of this product!!but when i started using this foundation on daily basis i realized that not only it last during the day but also makes my face look matte!I have tried so many fountations but this one makes my skin look healthy and not oily as all the others!!the only thing i dont like about it is the package!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by aimeeuy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Good product I have combination skin depending on the seasons my skin can be super dry and my T zone just stays oily. I have used lots of different brands of foundations from MAC to Guerlain to Revlon, I feel that this product is the most lightweight I have ever used. I normally dont put on too much foundation as I have pretty clear skin I use foundation to even out my face. It is on the sheer side so I use a little bit more product (a bit smaller than a pea size) and takes me a little longer to blend. The best thing about this product would be that it stays on your face. I do touch some parts of my face a bit often and by the time I get home my face can look blotchy. But with this product its been 8 hours and it looks just the same as this morning. Will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by suzyqz1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wished I liked this foundation. My skin is pretty tough and I don't usually have a problem getting a foundation to work for me but for the life of me, I can't get this stuff blended in correctly. I've never thought I had large pores or had a problem with foundation settling into them until I tried this foundation. The other problem I have is with blending. I have to blend, and blend, and blend to get it to look right. I have used Revlon's Colorstay before and never had a problem with it settling into pores or not being able to blend it in so I don't think the problem isn't that it is a matte formula. There's something else going on with this formulation that isn't right for my skin. It's a shame really. The color seems to match me well. In the around 6 times or so I've tried to wear this, I only got it to work once and when it did, it looked great but it's just too much work to get this to look right on me. If I find myself having to use special primers, blending sponges, etc....I know a product isn't right for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by cynthiaann95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best foundation I have ever used. Over the years I have tried many many brands of foundations but none have given me the flawless results like this one. You barely need any product to cover your entire face, it goes on so smoothly, it blends great, drys quickley and gives a very matte finish. I absolutely fell in love with this product, and except for the price being a little bit high, I will definitley be purchasing this product again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by rawrkimmy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like it, it stays pretty matte throughout the day and the color is a good match. But I wouldn't wear it for pictures because it does give a little bit of a whitecast.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by achick0

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried nearly every foundation on the market from drug store brands to the most expensive brands available. I got a sample of Clinique's Stay Matte Foundation today, and I will definitely be purchasing this makeup in the near future. It's the best I've ever used. It evened out my skin tone, gave great coverage, and didn't budge. It gave my skin an airbrushed look, and I love how great it blended. I think I'm done searching for the perfect foundation! Yay!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by mskita007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This seems to work (and look) well with my oily skin. I wear Golden (MAC NC45, for reference). I couple this with the Stay Matte pressed powder (loosely applied) in Stay Suede and I'm good to go!

*****UPDATE (4/20/13)*****
The shade Golden oxidized on me more than I needed. It made me look a bit darker after a couple of hours. So I switched to Cream Caramel and it's perfect!