April 19, 2014 | 1789 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Eyedustx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in asda for about 6 because my foundation had ran out and i wanted to try a new one. I applied this product the next day on a clean face, and it streaked and looked cakey. The colour made me look like i was wearing a orange mask and didnt look attractive or natural..
The packing looks cheap and i would of prefered it to be a glass container/bottle because the are more sanitary. The product price was nice and decent but i wouldnt NEVER buy this product again. <3

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by CeceBe

I rated this a three because of the way it makes may skin look after applying it. It can make your skin look slightly caky and plastered afterwards because it doesnt look very satin like. It gives good coverage though on dark circles but kind of highlights any blemishes. I like to dot the foundation round my face before blending, and i realise that it dries so quickly so once i've moved onto another section of my face, i have an orange circular patch that can't get rubbed out as it has already sunken in. The price was good though at about 4.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by DanceyPants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even the palest shade of this is orange, and it transfers to clothes all the time! i'd definitely never buy it again, even though it is good value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by flowerpuppy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this on sale at Walgreens, and it is one of the best foundations (including high end) I have ever used. It's very hard to find colors that match my olive complexion, especially at the drugstore, but 200 is dead on for me - not too pink, not too orange. The consistency is light and pleasant, and offers medium coverage which feels just right in summer. Revlon ColorStay, my other new favorite, offers more coverage, but this is lighter, and I prefer the tube packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ttzeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally used the discontinued mousse equivalent of this foundation, so I opted for this alternative when the mousse foundation got pulled off the shelves. This foundation was pretty disappointing for me. The application leaves faint streaks on my face, and the coverage is not too impressive. It definitely is matte like the name says, but in doesn't improve the look of my skin by much. The lasting power is also lacking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

have not used much but bought because of Youtube comments.
It is matte and lasts a long time
I felt it went a bit dry and would choose Revlon Colorstay for long wear
Be aware that many stores are getting rid of these and are heavily discounted.
Many rimmel products that we use and like or love will be going away so buy an extra one if you use them.
For example many of the single shadow colors are also going away and there are some beautiful ones to grab

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2011 9:24:00 PM More reviews by micheeelle

Walgreens was having this 50% off sale, so it was only 3.74. I had gone over this coupon that was 2 dollars off any Rimmel Stay Matte make up item, so i thought, what the heck. It's a really stylish container, which is a plus. The consistency is really easy to blend in. I would suggest using your fingers or a cosmetic sponge, a foundation/ stippling brush wouldn't exactly blend it, but leave streaks. It does give you this flawless look and my, it's beautiful. I don't have horrible skin, actually, I started wearing makeup because of my dark circles. That's my only concern, but it's a great coverage. It does tend to smear off if you touch it, which isn't a plus because I have PE and I sweat, and I'm walking around school in the hot sun. But other than that, I think it's a great foundation. I finish it off with the Rimmel bronzer, and the Rimmel stay matte powder! I only hope one day the products that Rimmel carries in the UK comes to the US!

UPDATE: I've stored this away in my DO NOT USE MAKE UP ITEMS. This makes you look cakey! I'm 15, I do not want to look like I'm wearing makeup. It's cakey, enlargens your pores, and is a big no no. Why rimmel!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ilovelagerfeld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had this up on my SL for a while because I didn't like it the first couple of times I used it. I don't remember what I didn't like, but I tried it again the other day in a pinch and I am in love.

i don't see the 12 hr shine reduction promised on the tube... but i don't really need it because i'm not really that oily. The coverage is not so sheer that I am annoyed/struggling to cover a blemish, but it is not heavy either and can be built/reduced. I like to put on ample lotion first and apply my foundation while the lotion is still settling when i want less coverage, that way the moisture on my skin helps the foundation blend and move/apply easier and with less product, which equals less coverage.

i am around an NC25 depending on the season/sunshine and i have this in "soft beige" 200. The packaging is a squeeze tube which i like for sanitation issues and it is small enough to go through before it spoils! this is a valuable property of MU products for me, because i do not wear MU all day every day. and when I do wear it, I pick from a huge stash, so i never finish anything except mascara, black eyeliner, burts bees, face wash, lotion, and under eye corrector. so a lot of the time i feel like i am wasting my money on a giant chunk of product that gets wasted. in this case, it was wallet-friendly and can be used up before getting gross :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by myluv4mac23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the consistancy is terrible, ivory is like dark dark brown. its quite expensive for the ..crap? quality it is. do not buy this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by xBeautyLovex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation at Wal-Mart for very cheap. I wanted to purchase it because I was looking for a foundation that would stay on for a long time. Well, I was a bit dissapointed. First off, the coverage was not so great. I was expecting at least a medium coverage, but I felt like it gave the coverage of a tinted moisturizer. And it did not stay on like it claimed it would. Maybe if I used a primer & setting powder it would. So I might try that out. It's also hard to find the right shade for me. I have uneven skin tone. So the foundation might be just right for some areas of my face, but too light or dark for other parts. I'm most likely a mix of 2 shades. Overall, I don't recommend this. If you only need a light coverage, it should be fine. But other than that, I did not like the product at all. It's a good thing it was cheap!