July 23, 2014 | 2023 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Tsumaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So this product may not be the very best foundation BUT for us sensitive skin/ acne prone galls its a freaking godsend!! 1. It's ingrediens are ALL natural and have NO parabens. 2. It has salicylic acid so it actually has made a few pimples go away completely while wearing it. 3. It unfortunately can look a little orange and streaky sometimes, but on days where I'm not doing anything special and I don't have many skin flaws to cover its my go to everyday foundation :3
It also does a pretty decent job of staying on~ for the price this is an awesome foundation for my uber sensitive/oily skin X3

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by xoj3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this foundation in the color 201 Classic Beige. What I first noticed with this product is that the colour I chose was completely not my shade at all -- it went on way too dark and cakey. The actual texture of the foundation is very liquidy and so I was shocked to read that it was "oil-free" .... overall, I was not satisfied with this product -- and I will be sticking to my lancome foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by vickymouse

To start off with, the packaging for this is better than the Lasting Foundation from Rimmel. It doesn't leak or drip, which is great. The price for it is only about $6, making it very affordable.

However, this product is not great for combination skin at all. It showed my dry patches and brought attention to my pores. No bueno. It does blend out fairly easily and you don't need a lot. Coverage is light to medium, making it pretty natural looking (from far away). This looks good if you're 3 feet away from someone, but if they're right next to you, the makeup looks like it's just sitting on your face and kind of cakey even if u use a little bit.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless they just need something cheap to wear for a performance, where you are onstage, far from the crowd. It looks great in photographs too, just not in person or up close. It washes off very easily, but as soon as it is in contact with water, it turns white and drips off, so beware if you're planning on swimming or sweating a lot. Probably best for winter and if you already have flawless skin, but need it to look even.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by TMK6959

I bought this to use as a temporary foundation. I usually have nice normal-combination skin, but since getting pregnant my face is like an oil slick (hormones?), so I have found that my normal go-to foundations have been going shiny and sliding off my T-zone within a few hours of application. I highly recommend this product if you have oily skin and not much to hide as it is VERY SHEER. I have to apply a lot more of this than I would with other foundations, and dust a little bit of Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation over the top to set the liquid and give me a little more coverage. This lasted all day on me without going shiny. The other thing I love about this is the color- I usually have a lot of trouble matching foundations to my skin tone, but I purchased this in the palest shade and it matched my skin EXACTLY- I didn't even have to spend a lot of time blending into my jaw and neck as I would usually have to with other brands. The squeezy tube is great too, and the price really can't be complained about. I would buy this again during pregnancy because it gives me a cheap oil slick fixer, but after I have my baby I will be returning to my other brands.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Eyedustx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product in asda for about £6 because my foundation had ran out and i wanted to try a new one. I applied this product the next day on a clean face, and it streaked and looked cakey. The colour made me look like i was wearing a orange mask and didnt look attractive or natural..
The packing looks cheap and i would of prefered it to be a glass container/bottle because the are more sanitary. The product price was nice and decent but i wouldnt NEVER buy this product again. <3

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by CeceBe

I rated this a three because of the way it makes may skin look after applying it. It can make your skin look slightly caky and plastered afterwards because it doesnt look very satin like. It gives good coverage though on dark circles but kind of highlights any blemishes. I like to dot the foundation round my face before blending, and i realise that it dries so quickly so once i've moved onto another section of my face, i have an orange circular patch that can't get rubbed out as it has already sunken in. The price was good though at about £4.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by DanceyPants

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even the palest shade of this is orange, and it transfers to clothes all the time! i'd definitely never buy it again, even though it is good value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by flowerpuppy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this on sale at Walgreens, and it is one of the best foundations (including high end) I have ever used. It's very hard to find colors that match my olive complexion, especially at the drugstore, but 200 is dead on for me - not too pink, not too orange. The consistency is light and pleasant, and offers medium coverage which feels just right in summer. Revlon ColorStay, my other new favorite, offers more coverage, but this is lighter, and I prefer the tube packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ttzeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I originally used the discontinued mousse equivalent of this foundation, so I opted for this alternative when the mousse foundation got pulled off the shelves. This foundation was pretty disappointing for me. The application leaves faint streaks on my face, and the coverage is not too impressive. It definitely is matte like the name says, but in doesn't improve the look of my skin by much. The lasting power is also lacking.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

have not used much but bought because of Youtube comments.
It is matte and lasts a long time
I felt it went a bit dry and would choose Revlon Colorstay for long wear
Be aware that many stores are getting rid of these and are heavily discounted.
Many rimmel products that we use and like or love will be going away so buy an extra one if you use them.
For example many of the single shadow colors are also going away and there are some beautiful ones to grab