September 1, 2014 | 1994 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by stinkypuppy

I've tried a few TMs (Laura Mericier, Bobbi Brown, tarte, clinique...), and this is my favorite by far. It's definitely on the sheer foundation side of the TM spectrum, but it still lets my freckles show through (which I like). I use the lightest shade, and while it looks a too yellow for my fair skin before blending, somehow in the end it's a good match and evens out the red areas around my nose. Good pore concealing properties. It lasts pretty well for a TM, maybe 6-8 hrs.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the Nars tinted moisturizer, because my usual Nars sheer glow foundation felt too heavy on my face during the hot, humid summer months. In sheer glow, I wear Deauville, and I have Alaska in the tinted moisturizer. I really appreciate the lightweight feel of the tinted moisturizer. It definitely doesn't cover like my sheer glow, but it shouldn't considering it's a tinted moisturizer. I like that it just evens out my skin tone without leaving me looking made up. I feel like it's enough for work in the summer, so I feel put together, but without the heavy feeling of makeup on my face. I also really enjoy the fragrance of it, and the soft feeling it leaves on my face. It is very liquidy and requires a couple of minutes to set before I can apply powder over it, but this doesn't cause any problems for me. I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a lighter alternative to a Nars foundation! I also love the squeeze tube packaging and wouldn't mind if Nars switched to that for their regular foundations!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by windycina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin, and I've tried this product for summer, considering that I have a pale complexion and I do need to wear SPF, but I don't like wear it separately. This products is really good. I need to let it set really fine after applying, but this stand for hours, and give my skin luminosity and radiance look. I've already purchased my second bottle (in Alaska). Works fine also in normal to dry skin (tried in on a friend).

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by shellzfoshizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

COLOR: Seychelles (medium dark with golden undertones)
PRICE: $42.00
MY THOUGHTS: I went to Nordstrom to get matched for this and loved it when she put it on me in the store. So I bought it. Now. I know it's a tinted MOISTURIZER but to me this is more of a moisturizer. I love the color and the smell (has an orange-y/light citrus smell to it) but my face shines too much with this. I do have oily skin but my face shines even more and a lot sooner with this tinted moisturizer than with anything else. I even tried it with a primer, using a light hand, and setting it with a powder and I still shine. Is this oil-free? I am a little disappointed, only because this is $42.00! Who has $42.00 to waste? I keep going back to it, because I want to like it but it's just too moisturizing for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by DebraWrd

I used a $5 off a $40 purchase with free shipping at drugstore.com (actually beauty.com - same cart) so I saved a little!

Finland works great on my 40 year old skin. I have pink cheeks and some redness on my chin and slight dark circles under my eyes and this covers it perfectly.

It smells like orange blossoms when you apply it but the scent fades quickly so you aren't smelling it all day!

It lasts too because when I remove my makeup at night I can see it on my washcloth whereas with some others it must not last all day.

I read another review where someone said it was foundation and it does cover like a foundation but is easy and forgiving to apply like a tinted moisturizer. I really like it! You only need a little bit. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nice finish and colour (nc45ish, I use Seychelles) but it makes me oily too quickly. Works slightly better with mac blot powder or nars tahoe foundation powder over it but i still have to blot within 2-3 hours of application. Its humid, tropical weather here, this does better indoors in ac all day. My teint idole ultra 24 hr foundation actually does a better all-round job in summer than this tm as it feels light weight and hardly transfers.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Hautemommy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like a lot of other reviewers stated, this tinted moisturizer is really a foundation. In the past, I have used MAC products, tried Chanel, Estee Lauder and even one of my faves Tom Ford but I will not cheat on my NARS. Nothing gives me coverage and leaves my skin looking quite like this product.

I am Jamaican and Chinese - my skin is olive/tan but I have a yellow undertone so it has always been hard to match my color. Most just consider me "light-skinned" and when I would get to the counter, the make up artists used products that made me look too red and dark or too pale. Stumbled upon this in "Cuba" and it has really matched me (all summer and winter too). I have some dark marks on my skin and this covers them easily without the need for concealer. It also does not take a lot of product to get full coverage so you really do get your money's worth. I apply with a foundation brush and do a stipple action to work it in and blend into my neck area. I do normally apply a primer before hand but even without, this product really does wonders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

At last! I think I have finally found an excellent foundation. I have dry skin and this suits my skin to the ground. Doesn't settle in pores, doesn't shine for days, doesn't look obvious but gives decent enough coverage, doesn't break my skin out, doesn't oxidise, lasts the day and feels like nothing on at all. I will admit I do have to mix two shades together (I am currently about NW20 and use Groenland with a smidge of Terre Neuve with it) but this suits me fine as I find that my skin tone can change almost daily! I did try other shades but they were way too yellow. I don't have particularly pink skin, more neutral and these new shades are fabulous! I hope they add more shades to the line with cooler skin in mind. For those wondering about the new shades I would say the lighter one (Terre Neuve) would be suitable for NW15-20 and the darker one (Groenland) would be for around NW20-25. But this is only from my own experience.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by silentsgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It smells and STINGS like sunscreen, turned greasy in 1 hour, yuck.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would say this is a definitely a tinted moisturizer for folks who hate tinted moisturizers! Like me, haha. I always just thought they were silly, like why couldn't you just wear a sheer foundation? That, and the fact that most TM's had zero coverage, and then you end up needing a million layers and all that SPF clogs your pores and ugh. Just no. However...

I warmed up to the idea of a tinted moisturizer recently, realizing that it's basically summer and I get incredibly lazy with my makeup in the summer and need to be wearing a higher SPF for the summer. After feeling a few TM's from various brands, I decided to go with Nars and I got the shade Alaska, which is a little more yellow than my skintone. This is just fine with me, however, because it camouflages redness well. It has a broad-spectrum sunscreen of 35.

The consistency of this product is light but creamy, with a lot of concentrated pigment (so you don't end up needing much). It's best left at one layer (and you really shouldn't need much more than that--the coverage of this was much better than even some foundations I've used) or else it'll start to look really obvious on the skin...just spot conceal if there are any remaining imperfections.

When applied correctly, it looks amazing. Your skin will look poreless and glowing, with no visible signs that you're wearing any makeup. It wears well on me without an additional primer or setting powder-generally I'll put it on in the morning and it's still perfect when I go to remove it at night.

The packaging is great, super straight-forward and small, just a little squeeze tube with a matte finish and the streamlined NARS logo.

I think if you're used to wearing foundation and want something more low-key for the warmer months or you currently use a TM and the coverage just isn't cutting it for you, you will looove this product!