April 19, 2014 | 1052 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Wake Me Up

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by samisnowwhite

this foundation is great for making me have a subtle glow to the skin . I also love foundations with a pump it allows you to dispense the right amount alot easier and for me one pump from this foundation is enough for my entire face. But I like the fact it's build able too if you need more coverage. the only thing that I don't like is that the lightest shade ivory is still a bit dark for my pale skin , but overall i still really like this especially in the summer :)!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by simpletheory

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this foundation is great for people who like a dewy finish. it gives a nice glow to the skin if you're able to find a good color match. i'm in the shade 200 soft beige. i apply this with shiseido's perfect foundation brush. some people may not like this because of the shimmers, but i don't mind it too much. however, on bad skin days, i did notice that the shimmers kind of accentuate my pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 7:06:00 AM More reviews by hollyblue92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this foundation, Although, i have very pale skin and im a red head and although i apply Dove sunkiss glow to my skin, This foundation is a little bit on the orange side! BUT it leaves my skin with a very dewy finish. I've heard it has glitter in? i see no glitter if im honest. NOT good for oily skin as it is very dewy though i did apply over a satin primer and DR JART BB cream which i use all the time! I really didn't want to like this foundation as i normally go for more high end products such as Gorgio Armarni and illamasque but being a student i thought id check out drugstore products to see if they were any good! will have to see if i breakout with this foundation as i have sensitive skin but so far so good. Wouldn't buy again just because of the color. Leaves a medium/build-able coverage. PS amazing price, Bought for £6! beats the armarni £36 price tag (although such a good foundation)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyraff

If only my skin wasn't oily! I actually really like this foundation! It makes my skin pretty and flawless for the first hour but because I have such oily skin, it makes it look really yucky when oil seeps through the foundation. This foundation has a bit of shimmer in it which makes you look awake and glowing and the coverage is definitely blendable to a full coverage. The packaging comes in a pump which is really handy and more hygienic and it has a nice smell to it. At the end of the day, I would repurchase this product only if my skin wasn't oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by makeupmonarch17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After using it for a week or two, I have to say I was very impressed with the resuts and I got loads of compliments about it aswell. When I first started using it it came out quite dark with low coverage even in the lightest shade but...
TIP: Blend the wake me up concealer with the wake me up foundation!
And I got a flawless, smooth but heavy concealing foundation which was nice and light on my skin. The only downside I have to say is after a while the foundation on my nose melts off and looks really slimy so I always make sure I have some powder to fix it or if I have time, re-do the makeup on my nose but other than that the makeup lasts all day with a nice natural shine. The price is affordable, the packaging is bright and funky and the wake me up products have got to be the best thing I have used so far! I would definutely buy this again! x

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by RubyHart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin so this foundation isn't perfect for my skin type but would work better for people with dry/normal complexion but still even with oily skin after setting it with powder it's really good. It's medium coverage which is good for me because I have a few blemishes and don't want to look completely airbrushed and you can also build this foundation up to increase the amount of coverage. It supposedly has a shimmer but this isn't massively noticeable. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Antonianicoleee

I bought this product last summer and I used it religiously. I loved it so much, the coverage was great! It supposedly makes your face look fresher due to the 'shimmer'. It wasn't until after wearing it for months that I began to realise how glittery and shimmery my face looked. I looked ridiculous! Especially in the sun, the glitter in the foundation was overwhelming and I was so gutted that I found this flaw as it was the best foundation I'd ever used! Unfortunately I won't be purchasing this again :(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Meh. Not good but not terrible either. It makes my face glowy but I don't like the sparkles in it. Lasts for a whole day but it makes my skin incredibly oily by midday. Won't re purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Notsostupidblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, firstly, for anyone complaining about the animal testing problems with Rimmel, animal testing has been banned in the Uk for cosmetics made or imported into the Uk. So no need to worry. I've been using Clarins skin illusion, but at £28 a bottle I needed something a bit more everyday. Also, with that one being a mineral liquid foundation, once it's set it can look a bit dry in patches. I have dry, sometimes combination skin so this foundation is perfect. It leaves a dewy finish (unless set with powder to stop it transferring). It's moisturising and so far hasn't broken me out. I'm around a nc25/30 depending. In wake me up I'm in soft beige which is perfect match. I haven't had a problem with the 'glitter' so far, as that was my main concern. At 9 ish pounds a bottle it's more expensive that other drugstore brands, but I use half a pump maximum so a bottle lasts me a while. Overall a great foundation, giving light to medium coverage (depending on quantity). If I wasn't such a foundation addict and didn't buy a new one every time I would definitely repurchase. <3

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by chlooedaaisy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really like this foundation.
Its a little on the expensive side (£8.99), but it was on offer at my local drugstore so I thought I'd get a bottle after seeing how many people love it. Before buying this, I knew it had a dewy finish (so for people with dryer skin), but being the rebel I am, I wanted to see how it would work for my combination-to-oily skin.
The packaging is great, but it doesn't last as long as some other liquid foundations. It has a slight shimmer to it, which is only noticeable in certain lighting. It lasted the whole day, which is a miracle for a dewy foundation AND on my oily-ish skin. I have naturally olive skin and my shade is 103 True Ivory. It has pink undertones, so not the best color for my yellow undertoned skin.
It gives great coverage and covers my redness and acne scars even without concealer. It glides onto skin wonderfully (no problem with dry patches). It made my skin look healthy and glowy without looking fake and caked-on.
Overall, I highly reccomed this foundation to pretty much any skin type. Possibly not SUPER oily skin because of the dewy finish, but like I said, it worked for my oily to combination skin.

PRO'S:
- Great packaging (with a pump)
-Glides on nicely
-Great coverage (great for redness and acne scars)
-Didn't break me out despite my slightly oily acne-prone skin
-Made my skin look healthy and glowy
-AMAZING staying power

CON'S:
-Highly transferable (if you touch your face, it goes onto your hands and over your clothes)
-Expensive for a Rimmel foundation
-Doesn't last long (maybe just under a month depending on how much you use)
-Shimmer is available in certain lighting (sunlight, harsh lighting)

xoxo,