April 19, 2014 | 1874 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to love this primer because I like the Photoready foundation and because I love its packaging, however it just doesn't DO much for my skin. It doesn't give my skin a smoother base for applying makeup and it doesn't make my pores any smaller. The reason I haven't given it a lower rating is because it makes my skin feel really soft, but as a primer it doesn't do what I need it to.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by rc630

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is just okay.
PROs:
Makes my skin look very smooth, no pores.
Keeps makeup on longer
Helps stay matte
Relatively inexpensive
Formula feels nice
Easy to find in stores
Only need to use a little bit

CONs:
Smells a little funky (though not noticeable once it is on)
Product dries up in tip of dispenser after a few hours; the first pump every time has about 1/4 inch of hardened product that you have to squeeze out and throw away
Might clog pores, though not horribly
Still pricey for a drugstore brand
Doesn't control oil all day, just improves it
Color not great for wearing alone for most skin tones
Can get crumbly if you let it dry then rub it too much

It will take me a long time to use this up, but when I do I will probably try to find another inexpensive primer, maybe with a thinner texture and better mattifying ability.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Been using this for about 3 days. Really like it for the price! Makes my face very smooth, easy to blend my other products. Makeup lasts quite a lot but I've had others that have lasted longer. It's hard to find a primer that doesn't cause my skin to breakout.. this one hasn't yet! It's pretty decent for the price, not disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by seamoan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure ice finally found my HG primer!

I've tried almost every DS primer, and several HE primers! Too faced, MAC, Smashbox, etc.

I will def be repurchasing, have recommended it to my sister, and will be recommending to friends!

Good going Revlon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

I've used several primers now and none have been anywhere near as nice as this one for me. It works really well, goes on smoothly and mattifies the skin nicely. For me my foundation looked the same all day, and stayed put, no streaks or signs of rubbing away, I could see an immediate difference in the way my skin looked and was very pleased with it! I would give it a five if it weren't for the fact it is mid price but only a tiny bottle, I feel there should be more for your money. But other than that, it is a very nice, solid primer, I would definitely recommend and consider buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

I really like this primer! For those with oily skin, this one may really help keep that good matte look.

It's smooth, goes on silky, and drys fast, and really does minimize my pores! My makeup really does look better when I use this first underneath. The price is about almost $14 where I live, but to me very worth it. :)

I actually love mixing this one with a tiny bit of VS PRO Airbrush FX Illumiating Primer (from Victoria's secret) and its a perfect combo before using mineral powder, liquid foundation or with just bronzer powder and blush!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

This is the first primer I've ever purchased and I bought it on a whim. I'm pleased with it. It mattifies my t zones and makes me pores appear much smaller (have huge ones on my nose and cheeks). I would like to also try the color correcting primer for the redness on my face. This primer has a pleasant smell and silky feel. I wear this over my problems areas when I don't feel like slathering on my foundation and it keeps my skin smooth and matte. I do not like how the product dries and the tip of the pump and it comes out as a hard little clump the next time you use it, so you lose a tiny bit every time. Other than that I'm happy thus far!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by princessplumjade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

FYI: I am a Latina woman with very fair olive skin, sensitive combination type (dry forehead, oily nose & chin, normal cheeks) in early maturity (minor facial lines, redness). Shade refs: LM Creme Silk in Cream Ivory, Bobbi Brown in Warm Ivory, Revlon Colorstay in Buff

I don't think there's another primer in the DS market to compare in quality to this one. It also beats out many higher-end, more expensive primers.

This isn't a combination product. No antioxidants or moisturizers or sunscreen. It does one thing well: prime the skin. Product has a moderately thick lotion texture and should be smoothed quickly on clean skin for best results. Two pumps of this give my combination skin a smoother, more refined matte finish. I apply this primer to my lips as well and it works wonderfully under lip color.

Foundation applies more smoothly, and wears longer on my skin when I use this primer. It does a good job of temporarily minimizing my pores (moderate in my nose area) and facial lines (forehead and eyes, fine to moderate). I wish it lasted longer (full workday) but the look "softens up" a bit after several hours of wear. I also seem to get more even coverage from sheerer finish products (tinted moisturizers) over this primer.

Packaging: the lovely pump bottle is pretty elegant, but the primer does clog the pump, even with regular (daily) use. Still, this is a small concern IMHO because the pump allows the most sanitary, controlled application.

I'm torn between this product and my Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer. I like Revlon's oil-free finish, but Too Faced has a lovely nude tint to it that blends naturally into skin. Revlon has a pale blush pink tint that does leave a hint of "white cast" on skin. I reach for the Revlon more frequently but on my dry skin days Too Faced is more comforting.

If this primer had a nude tint, I'd give it a 5 star rating.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Therealslayergrrl

I love this stuff. Works amazingly well for me. My foundation applies like a dream and it wears a lot longer without sliding off my face or making me look like an oily disaster.
But what the heck is wrong with the pump?! Once it gets to a certain level I cannot get any more product out. I have to keep pumping it forever and ever until it decides to give me half of what I need for my face. I can't get the lid off to depot it either. So frustrating. I would hope Revlon realizes that and fixes it. Great product other wise. Just wish I could use it all

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaSunday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is great. It does an awesome job on absorbing your facial oils & keeps your face nice and matte throughout the day...btw I have super oily skin.
On the other had it's not a good filler so if you have large pores/ wrinkles I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a good foundation you pair it up with that is silicone based which is usually an ingredient in filler primers.