Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

3.5

on 7/11/2013 5:17:00 PM

This is an okay bb cream but it does not give much coverage and it attaches heavily to any dry patches on the skin so it accentuate imperfections. That is not a good look.

on 7/9/2013 6:25:00 PM

Impressive coverage, good array of shades and does absorb oil. I did love this product until I stopped using it for a few weeks and my acne cleared. I thought my troublesome skin was due to a new birth control method. My derm told me not to use products with dimethicone (a form of silicone) in the top 3 ingredients because it can be very aggravating for acne prone skin. Dimethicone is the second ingredient in this. This product is probably wonderful for people not prone to acne but it you are, steering clear of high concentrations of silicone in products may help you avoid breakouts.

on 7/1/2013 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

After reading the positive reviews, I just had to buy it! Unfortunately, this product isn't for me. I have very oily skin, and this BB cream does nothing to control my oil. The other thing that I don't like is it has virtually no coverage, and just makes my skin look shiny. Garnier's Skin Renew BB Cream for oily skin is a much better fit for me... a much cheaper!

on 6/30/2013 2:23:00 PM

I'll be the first to admit that I was hesitant to try another BB Cream, after bad experiences with drugstore formulas and tinted moisturizers, but Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream changed my mind!

It took a while to get used to the product and how to apply it. The product is quite thick and does not spread easily; As such, I initially used much more than was necessary, which resulted in it looking a caked on and unnatural - not what you want from a BB cream! However, I eventually learned to use a much smaller amount and apply it in dots on my cheekbones, nose, chin and forehead. From there, I just quickly blend it in before it sets. The result? A wonderfully even and smooth skin-tone without the appearance of wearing makeup! And the finish is perfect for warmer climates! Even in the heat and humidity, my face stays almost perfectly matter throughout the day, with an occasional blotting here and there.

I can't rave enough about this product! For someone who likes a light to medium coverage without looking "made up", this product is perfect... and being able apply my makeup and sun protection all in one step makes it my HG!

on 6/23/2013 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a great product if you're looking for something lightweight and natural. I don't even have to set this with a powder and it lasts all day. I'm an nc50 and this is a perfect match, however I must say that the price is a bit much. I'm hoping to find a cheaper alternative.

on 6/22/2013 10:31:00 PM

I picked this up at Sephora after reading reviews about it online. I was skeptical about a product that 'does it all' and was actually expecting to break out like I have with other moisturizers and bb creams that were too rich for my skin. THIS WAS AWESOME! I am using the light/medium shade which matches my skin perfectly. It evens the skin but doesn't cover actual acne. I am always on the run (hectic schedule) and dont usually spend too long on my make up (love anything that is no fuss and quick!), I usually slap it on and use a bit of pressed powder just to hold it in place. It is really hot where I live so I was happy that this product was able to hold up in the heat and I didn't have to stress out about being oily or having the product slide off during the day. Did not make me break out at all, seems to control oil better than any other bb cream I have tried. You don't get that 'foundation-y' feel on your face and i think my skin is able to breathe through this. On extremely 'tired' days, i use a little concealer under my eyes but this product pretty much takes care of the rest. The only downside is that it is a little steep for the price and you don't get a lot in the little tube. Beautiful product, would not use anything else.

on 6/20/2013 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was my first high end beauty purchase and I did extensive research on the product to ensure that it would truly benefit my skin. I know that the product is a little on the expensive side (and when I mean a little, I mean a lot!). It also has a limited amount of color selection but the color really conforms to your skin. The product absolutely makes your skin glow! I love the coverage, it's medium to full coverage. It makes your skin look flawless and is definitely worth the price. When ever I use this product my skin looks amazing when I take it off. It doesn't make me break out too. Whenever I try a product and it makes me breakout I end up going back to this to cover the the acne up, and whenever I take it off at the end of the day, my skin looks absolutely beautiful and the acne actually begins to clear up! I am surprised that my acne actually clears up a bit when I use the product! Although it says it doesn't clear up acne, it does! I am in love with this product and although it is expensive I recommend this product to anyone and everyone! You may have acne-prone skin, sensitive, dry or oily skin but with this product your skin will took flawless!

on 6/13/2013 9:32:00 AM

This is my daily wear BB cream. It comes in the most shades out of all of the BB creams. Reasonably price and works better on my skintone compare to regular foundation.

Pro:
> price is reasonable (~$40USD or ~$50CAD)
> light coverage; minimize redness, covers freckles and acne scaring; does not cover actual acne

Con:
> low SPF rating
> limited functionality

Also at the end of my first tube, may look around to see if there are any new ones first before re-purchasing this item again.

on 6/6/2013 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this BB cream after being unsatisfied with another. This one gives good coverage for a BB cream and doesn't clog my pores. The color is perfect on my fair and neutral skin tone. I think I had not bought it the first time due to the price but after trying others, it is worth it. I use it often now that it is summer and I am getting some color and don't need my heavy foundation. I find that I still feel that I have the same coverage at the end of the day (under normal circumstances of course). The packaging is perfectly sized and easy to carry in my makeup bag.

on 6/3/2013 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

This is exactly what I was looking for. I hate thick, gloppy foundations and so had been using Bare Minerals, but that has a tendency to settle into my pores. This takes the place of Bare Minerals foundation, Mineral Veil and sunscreen, so I save a bit of time in the morning and don't feel as if my face has been spackled. Camera Ready provides a light, even coverage that has a natural finish. Even by the end of the day, it's still there, with no settling and no shine, undetectable by anyone but me. My skin looks natural, just a bit better.

Only two things prevent it from being perfect:1) It isn't very moisturizing. If your skin is normal, not even oily, you'll need a moisturizer, at least on your cheeks. And 2) it's expensive for what you get.