August 21, 2014 | 1108 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Horribly drying! Tastes terrible! Shades are very sheer and hardly show on my lips at all. I would not purchase these again and instead prefer the Revlon Butter Balm. I bought 3 of these and gave them all away after trying them because they had a terrible flavor when applied and then dried out my lips and made them peel. Obviously there is an irritating ingredient in this product .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased Tender Mauve. I thought I would give a shade that wasn't a "nude" a try....

I like it. Its a "mauve nude" on me that looks pretty. It brightens my face a bit.

This formula really isn't a "balm" at all. When I think balm I think the waxy matte Chapstick Cherry type balm (which I also love!). This is a sheer shiny gloss type product. Completely non-sticky, but it will need frequent reapplication. I like applying balm, so this is a complete non-issue for me. I like it, but I probably won't repurchase or try another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by geekchic42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was buying new mascara and there was a bogo half off sale on all L'Oreal products and I was interested in trying a balm. I bought Caring Coral and I love it. My lips look smooth and the hint of color is perfect for my skin tone. It enhances the natural pink in my lips. It smell good, but it does taste like sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this instead of the Revlon Lip Butters which obviously are a huge trend right now. I liked the color selections better and could see that I wasn't going to have to worry about glitter like others had complained about in Revlon's product. Rose Elixir is what I got and I love it. It's a very subtle pastel pink and blends in right with my lips giving them just a hint of color and making them look silky and moisturized. Great for when you need a tiny pop of color without much effort. It's basically goof-proof which was what I was looking for after getting tired of having to constantly check in the mirror at work. Would repurchase and try other shades!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice product. It's very smooth, feels good on the lips, and applies evenly. Leaves a nice, glossy finish. I prefer sheer colors on my lips, so these fit the bill nicely for me. They're nothing like the Revlon Lip Butters, which are more full-coverage color. I have four of these balms. The nude one is a slightly pinkish nude, and it is truly nude on me. But the color is definitely there, and is great for finishing off an understated, neutral face. The berry looks deeper in color in the tube than on my lips. It leaves a nice light pink flush. The coral is the least pigmented one I have. It barely leaves any color at all, and is pretty much useless. The plum is my favorite. It has very nice color payoff, a YLBB kind of plum. Just gorgeous. I'd definitely buy these again. But I do hope they come out with more colors with a little more color payoff.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by umave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first purchase was in Plush Plum (#219) and a month or so after I also bought Nourishing Nude (#818). I forgot what the price was, but I'm going to say approximately $5-7. I usually get a good 4 hours of wear out of one application if I don't eat and drink moderately. I don't really mind the sunblock scent since it does have SPF 15. I don't recommend tasting it either because of the SPF. If you're sensitive to scents and tastes, then you may want to skip. I really love that it goes on like a lip butter and it has a pretty decent color payoff. It's not a lipstick, so the coverage is not full, but it adds a really pretty subtle color and gloss on the lips for an effortless, natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Reylena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my new office job. I wanted a lipbalm with light color.
and I got it! I got tender mauve and it greatly enhances my natural lipcolor. and got rid of my chapped lips. Very Nice for anytime you want to go for the natural look. Awesome for everyday. I will rebuy this little gem

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have bought Lipsmackers Dr Pepper, Carmex Moisture plus with tint, Revlon Lip Butters, and now this. I bought this in 818 Nourishing Nude. It is a color pretty close to my natural lip. Most lip balms I buy that don't have color tend to clump and look like I have gunk on my lips which is why I buy tinted balms. The RLBs were a disappointment. There were flecks of glitter in them causing them to be dry. Then the ones that didn't have glitter still felt fairly thick going on and not like a balm at all. Then there was the fact that it'd stick to the dry flakes on my skin & make them more obvious. While the colors were nice and pigmented, I still didn't like them. The Colour Riche Balm on the other hand doesn't have as much pigment but it's definitely the feeling of a balm. It glides on and feels moisturizing. This does not stick to flaky areas on the lips nor does it make them stand out (in fact it makes lips look luscious & hydrated). I'd rather have barely any pigment and the moisture than something that feels like a dry lipstick (which is why I don't wear lipstick). I can't say for how long this lasts as I haven't worn it a full day. I'm sure it wouldn't last too long on me since I rub my lips together a lot, drink a lot of water, and kiss my boyfriend. Over all this is really nice and I don't get negative reviews unless people want pigmentation. For that grab a lipstick.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally bought this product in "tender mauve" and "caramel comfort." Tender Mauve shows as a nice light pink on my lips and caramel comfort basically darkens my lips a tad and makes them a bit more brown (still really nice). I actually really like these better than the revlon lip butters. The reason is that the revlon lip butters dry out my lips and make them peel, this product doesn't. Also the colors from this line are more work appropriate and I'm at work a lot so I needed something like this.

Since those two colors, I have purchased "Caring Coral" and "Nourishing Nude." The coral is very light but shows a tiny bit, and the nude is a nice pinky nude. Still love them! I would totally repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love L'Oreal lip products in general, but not this. I bought the "Berry" shade and I might as well have bought 3 tubes of clear lip balm. It feels moisturizing...I guess...but that's not all I was looking for in this product. I wanted moisture AND color. As a mother of a 7 month old, any product that can do double duty WELL is a winner in my book. It's all about tinted moisturizers, tinted lip balms, eyeshadow with primer built in, and compacts with bronzer and blush all in one, haha! Sorry L'Oreal, I'm afraid Revlon does have ya beat with their lip butters.