October 24, 2014 | 1747 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by dani_california

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a balm person. I want moisturization and SPF and a YLBB look. My HG is Fresh Sugar Rose, but it's too pricey. I tried the L'oreal and was very satisfied. It has a nice creamy feel. The Rose Elixer color is perfect for me. My only complaint is the packaging. I like to stick my blam in my pocket while I'm working out or riding my horse and the package is kinda big for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by beigepearl5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

SHADE: Tender Mauve
IN MY POSSESSION: 1
STAYING POWER: 3 hours tops
COLOR: pink, beige and lilac (mauve) with golden shimmer
PRICE: +/- $ 7USD
SCENT: soft vanilla notes
PACKAGING: tough plastic cover, metal base. Sturdy.
WEAR: sheer to medium coverage
FORMULA FEEL: glossy and gritty
SPF?: yes, 15

Worst Con: the taste, shimmer concentration, lasts a month
Best Pros: the color, formula

Purchased this at Walmart yesterday. I was looking for a nice balm. But the color had me sold. The shimmer is a little too concentrated that when you rub your lips too much it starts to burn. Oddly enough I like the shimmer as it adds to the color's beauty. Just don't like how it feels. The staying power is below average for a balm and I will probably finish up the product by the end of the month. One will last you a good month if its used daily. It is very moisturizing but manages to not feel greasy. Kudos for that. Though it will leave a glossy mark on your coffee mug.
The formula is so rich (slips) that it inevitably ends up in your mouth and it tastes like a perfumed crayon. Yuck. One swipe means barely there and three+ swipes translates in medium coverage color.
I will repurchase again only because the color is sooo gorgeous and thus worth the cons for me. I'm a Buff Beige-N4 in L'Oreal. HG shade for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by dmeister3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these balms overall! I love that they actually are a tinted balm and make my lips feel very soft. The Revlon lip butters seem a little drying to me. I don't like how some shades are pretty darn sheer, but they are still worth it to me. I have Caring Coral and Rose Elixer and the coral is more pigmented than the rose. I don't notice any real smell or taste either. The packaging is nice as well.

Overall a great product! I'd love to see more shades released.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Horribly drying! Tastes terrible! Shades are very sheer and hardly show on my lips at all. I would not purchase these again and instead prefer the Revlon Butter Balm. I bought 3 of these and gave them all away after trying them because they had a terrible flavor when applied and then dried out my lips and made them peel. Obviously there is an irritating ingredient in this product .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased Tender Mauve. I thought I would give a shade that wasn't a "nude" a try....

I like it. Its a "mauve nude" on me that looks pretty. It brightens my face a bit.

This formula really isn't a "balm" at all. When I think balm I think the waxy matte Chapstick Cherry type balm (which I also love!). This is a sheer shiny gloss type product. Completely non-sticky, but it will need frequent reapplication. I like applying balm, so this is a complete non-issue for me. I like it, but I probably won't repurchase or try another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by geekchic42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was buying new mascara and there was a bogo half off sale on all L'Oreal products and I was interested in trying a balm. I bought Caring Coral and I love it. My lips look smooth and the hint of color is perfect for my skin tone. It enhances the natural pink in my lips. It smell good, but it does taste like sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this instead of the Revlon Lip Butters which obviously are a huge trend right now. I liked the color selections better and could see that I wasn't going to have to worry about glitter like others had complained about in Revlon's product. Rose Elixir is what I got and I love it. It's a very subtle pastel pink and blends in right with my lips giving them just a hint of color and making them look silky and moisturized. Great for when you need a tiny pop of color without much effort. It's basically goof-proof which was what I was looking for after getting tired of having to constantly check in the mirror at work. Would repurchase and try other shades!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice product. It's very smooth, feels good on the lips, and applies evenly. Leaves a nice, glossy finish. I prefer sheer colors on my lips, so these fit the bill nicely for me. They're nothing like the Revlon Lip Butters, which are more full-coverage color. I have four of these balms. The nude one is a slightly pinkish nude, and it is truly nude on me. But the color is definitely there, and is great for finishing off an understated, neutral face. The berry looks deeper in color in the tube than on my lips. It leaves a nice light pink flush. The coral is the least pigmented one I have. It barely leaves any color at all, and is pretty much useless. The plum is my favorite. It has very nice color payoff, a YLBB kind of plum. Just gorgeous. I'd definitely buy these again. But I do hope they come out with more colors with a little more color payoff.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by umave

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first purchase was in Plush Plum (#219) and a month or so after I also bought Nourishing Nude (#818). I forgot what the price was, but I'm going to say approximately $5-7. I usually get a good 4 hours of wear out of one application if I don't eat and drink moderately. I don't really mind the sunblock scent since it does have SPF 15. I don't recommend tasting it either because of the SPF. If you're sensitive to scents and tastes, then you may want to skip. I really love that it goes on like a lip butter and it has a pretty decent color payoff. It's not a lipstick, so the coverage is not full, but it adds a really pretty subtle color and gloss on the lips for an effortless, natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Reylena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for my new office job. I wanted a lipbalm with light color.
and I got it! I got tender mauve and it greatly enhances my natural lipcolor. and got rid of my chapped lips. Very Nice for anytime you want to go for the natural look. Awesome for everyday. I will rebuy this little gem