Revlon Photoready 3D Volume

3.6

on 9/28/2012 9:24:00 PM

This is a great product. My natural lashes are dark to begin with, but this really brings them out. My natural lashes also have a good curl to them. Ive seen that some people who have straighter lashes didn't like this product because it couldn't keep a curl, however its great for me. I've had many eye infections that left me with sparse lower lashes that other mascaras leave behind, but this makes them all the same length, it makes them look fuller and darker. It does not flake even after an all day wear which for me is from 7am-6pm. It has a rubber wand that picks up a lot of smaller lashes. It gives me great volume. I picked it up for seven dollars at cvs but i think you can get it cheaper at target. I shop a lot of Sephora but always buy drugstore mascaras because I find them to be a better product at a better price. Any mascara under ten dollars is a good price to me. Its nice packaging, its simple and black with a silver top. Its a lot nicer than some of the tacky bottles like lash blast or falsies. I recommend this product, its great all around.
Also, it can look natural. I NEVER have more than one mascara. I don't like the clutter and I dont find it sanitary. So it can go from natural to dramatic depending on the coats.

on 9/16/2012 12:53:00 PM

This mascara stays on all day, does not clump at all, and is great for lengthening and natural looking lashes. It doesn't smudge and does an amazing job separating lashes. My only complaint is that it is not as great at adding volume or holding a curl. Overall, a great mascara at a great price!

on 9/14/2012 8:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Very good mascara.. i love the definition it gives and it does not clump.

I really like this mascara... for those considering it- the magic happens in the 2nd and 3rd coat! Nothing spectacular with just one coat! Really defines and separates lashes. I like it a lot! :)

This mascara is definitely one of my favourites and I think it's perfect! I have long lashes and to get a dramatic look I usually have to apply many layers but with this - only once! It's very black which is awesome and has a really good brush that separates every lash. Would defo buy this again. (Please see attached picture)

on 8/24/2012 2:00:00 PM

Very mediocre mascara. I got the WP because that's all I use since no regular mascara can hold a curl on my lashes. This didn't hold a curl either. By the time I got to work (15 minutes max), my lashes were looking limp. Several hours later, they were completely sad and straight. I haven't had any smudging, though, so that's a plus.

on 8/23/2012 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

The product is like its name and promises volume to your lashes and I saw just that when I applied it. I felt that I needed 2 coats of it in order to get my desired look.

on 8/21/2012 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this in Blackest Black at Target for a little over six dollars. The color is great - a true black. It lengthens, separates and gives slight volume without clumping. No flakes or smearing with wearing it all day (usually 14 to 15 hrs before I take it off). I was tired of paying MAC's prices for their mascaras which don't out perform this one, IMO. The only thing I don't care for is the size of the tube - bulky like a lot of the drugstore mascaras with the plastic spiky brushes (this has one too). Would repurchase.

on 8/12/2012 12:30:00 PM

Even though this product provides decent clump-free length and is very black- I have to give this a bad rating, because it smudges all underneath my eye throughout the day. No woman wants to look in the mirror at 3 pm and see black mascara rings circling her eyes. Yuck.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I find Revlon mascaras smudge a lot, even some of the waterproof formulas (like customeyes and double twist), but I saw this for BOGO and i got this for free in the waterproof formula.

Now, when you look for the waterproof version, you got to look all over the package. It is written quite small, but you should see a waterdrop to indicate that. Not only is it written small on the pack, but on the actual tube of mascara too. It looks identical to the regular version, except for tiny written text on the back. The tube is also huge, so that is why I only give it a 2 for packaging.

The formula is kind of wet, but I like it because you have a bit more time to work with it. Blackest black is quite black. There are no clumps at all, but it did not give any volume whatsoever and I kind of thought not because the brush does not look like one that builds volume...it's great for lengthing and separating. The brush is deigned in a way that is really good to get at the base of the lashes and the other corner with bristles on the tip too. Despite my opinion revlon mascaras in terms of how long they wear, this one is quite waterproof. It did not smudge at all...I wore this once for 14 hours and it still looked the same since the minute I applied it. I needed a heavy duty waterproof make up remover to get this off...even olive oil wouldn't work. I love it!