September 20, 2014 | 1879 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Photoready 3D Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by missgiselley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new mascara to replace my lash blast volume mascara that was drying out. I researched a couple and became interested in this particular mascara. I immediately bought it and tried it out at home. Let me just say that it is AMAZING. Especially when used with an eyelash curler.
I have very short, straight, eyelashes but this makes them look longer and voluminous. In just a few sweeps this provides the length and volume I need/want. The brush isn't too big or too small and its easy to apply without getting product on your eyelid or making a mess. You can easily build this up to get a very volumized dramatic look, or just apply normally for a nice, full eyelash look. It's just overall a really nice mascara.
It also has no clumping whatsoever! (at least for my lashes which is saying something considering every mascara I use has some sort of problem)
This is my HG mascara of the moment. Haven't had any problems or complaints with it. IN LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by SwordChant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall I'd say this is a pretty mediocre product: it's neither good nor bad. I was really excited to try it out and initially thought it was amazing. I thought they looked like my lashes but better. However, wearing it for a week, I found that it made my lashes feel rather stiff and took my already long lashes and made them look shorter (how the hell this happened is beyond me). It's one of the better waterproof formula's I've tried and the brush, in theory, is nice, but it seems to take my separated lashes and bind them all together. If you want a spikey mascara, I'd say this is right up your alley. However, if you want great definition, I'd say you're better off to keep looking.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Raquelina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a fairly good mascara, and in my opinion, definitely one of the best Revlon makes. The color is very black, and the plastic brush is able to grab each lash very well. The spiked/domed end certainly helps to lift and flare your outer lashes, which I particularly like. There's almost no clumping with this mascara, but on the other side of the coin, there's not that much volume either. The product does give SOME volume, but not as much as I would like, especially considering the mascara is marketed as imparting "3D Volume". I would say this particular mascara's strengths were lengthening, giving definition, and lifting rather than volumizing. Nevertheless, it's not a bad product at all, so I would consider repurchasing in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

Great mascara! I've been on a search for a DS replacement for my HG mascara, Benefit They're Real! Well, this isn't a dupe but it's as close as I've found so far and I'm extremely pleased with it. I've tried LashBlast and Voluminous and didn't get a fraction of the volume I got with Revlon's Photoready. I'd say it does about 80% of what They're Real! does but of course, it's only 25% of the price of They're Real! It seems that these days mascaras come with so many different wands in such a crazy number of formulas that an adjustment period is needed when I make a switch. It's got the rubbery, spiky brush that is on the longer side, longer than LashBlast's if memory serves. It could have been shorter, as it would probably give the user more control. The formula is very wet, which is also something I'm not used to; I can't wait til this dries out in two weeks or so. It seems the watery formula makes it hard to build without clumping, but I'm not really a multiple coat mascara person anyway. I get great volume and definition with it, and like with They're Real!, the Photoready brush seems to find lots of lashes I didn't know I had. One of the other little things that makes me very happy is that it's in both black (two shades of black, actually), and Blackened Brown! Yay! I like to wear a brownish mascara if I'm looking tired; black mascara can be too harsh with my dark circles during the day. So although it's not perfect you can expect great results with really BIG lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by e4muw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have finally found my holy grail mascara and it's affordable too! This mascara makes my lashes look 10x better. It lengthens and volumizes without clumping. After applying this, my lashes open up my eyes and honestly, makes me feel like a girly girl. Mascaras always smudge on me but this one did not. I've used this for a couple of months and cannot find anything bad to say about it. I guess if I was being extremely picky, it would be the box-like packaging but that really does not bother me at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by prettydark

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In my experience there is a learning curve with this product. For the first few weeks, I was hurting myself with the spikes on the brush. I also had to learn to wipe off the big glob off the end into the tube.

After I got the hang of it I learned to really appreciate this product. It gives a natural defined look with no clumps. It offers some lengthening but not much, and as to 'volume', it really depends on how you look at that word. I do love having the spikes at the end of the brush, I have found them very handy for reaching out of the way lashes.

I love this product for my daytime 'natural' look, but I would wear it as a base layer under another product if I was going out for the evening.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by kbabyd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I vacillate on this mascara, hence the middle-of-the-road rating. On one hand, it's a lovely pitch black. Application is mostly smooth (make sure you've rid the excess on the end of the wand). I haven't noticed much, if any, flaking or smudging. But it does seem to fade by the end of the work day which gives me pause. I tend to need to wear waterproof formulas so for a non-waterproof formula, this one is fairly reliable.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by tinks13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After having to give up my all time favourite mascara, L'oreal Volume Million Lashes because they test on animals I was on the hunt for a new HG status mascara prefereably a drugstore one because mascara is the only products I get through fairly quick and so I needed something that I could afford to replace. I tried mascaras by Bourjois, Accessorize and I even tried Revlon Grown Luscious but nothing was anywhere near as good. Then my friend from the states sent me this in a swap and I found a new great mascara hasn't been tested on animals :) I have mid-length to long lashes and I love it. It has a plastic brush and like Volume Million Lashes it loads lots of product on the brush, which can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. It lengthens, defines and thickens my lashes. I haven't had any problems with smudging or flaking at all which I did get with Volume Million Lashes. It's a great mascara I'd recommend it to anyone who has mid-length to long lashes I'm not sure if it would on those with short or sparse lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Jeanbean7777

Amazing. Took a risk and love this. 2 coats look like false lashes almost.....I get no smearing, sniffing, etc. Looks and feels great. Definately one to buy again. Great........the brush is really amazing to hit all those baby lashes. Wow.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by KXG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. I have been a fan of Full and Soft for years but I was starting to want a bolder, fuller look and this mascara delivers. This mascara in my opinion is as close to looking like false lashes as one could get, without actually wearing them. Love it!