July 29, 2014 | 1882 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Photoready 3D Volume

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by prettydark

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In my experience there is a learning curve with this product. For the first few weeks, I was hurting myself with the spikes on the brush. I also had to learn to wipe off the big glob off the end into the tube.

After I got the hang of it I learned to really appreciate this product. It gives a natural defined look with no clumps. It offers some lengthening but not much, and as to 'volume', it really depends on how you look at that word. I do love having the spikes at the end of the brush, I have found them very handy for reaching out of the way lashes.

I love this product for my daytime 'natural' look, but I would wear it as a base layer under another product if I was going out for the evening.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by kbabyd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I vacillate on this mascara, hence the middle-of-the-road rating. On one hand, it's a lovely pitch black. Application is mostly smooth (make sure you've rid the excess on the end of the wand). I haven't noticed much, if any, flaking or smudging. But it does seem to fade by the end of the work day which gives me pause. I tend to need to wear waterproof formulas so for a non-waterproof formula, this one is fairly reliable.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by tinks13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After having to give up my all time favourite mascara, L'oreal Volume Million Lashes because they test on animals I was on the hunt for a new HG status mascara prefereably a drugstore one because mascara is the only products I get through fairly quick and so I needed something that I could afford to replace. I tried mascaras by Bourjois, Accessorize and I even tried Revlon Grown Luscious but nothing was anywhere near as good. Then my friend from the states sent me this in a swap and I found a new great mascara hasn't been tested on animals :) I have mid-length to long lashes and I love it. It has a plastic brush and like Volume Million Lashes it loads lots of product on the brush, which can be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it. It lengthens, defines and thickens my lashes. I haven't had any problems with smudging or flaking at all which I did get with Volume Million Lashes. It's a great mascara I'd recommend it to anyone who has mid-length to long lashes I'm not sure if it would on those with short or sparse lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Jeanbean7777

Amazing. Took a risk and love this. 2 coats look like false lashes almost.....I get no smearing, sniffing, etc. Looks and feels great. Definately one to buy again. Great........the brush is really amazing to hit all those baby lashes. Wow.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by KXG

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara. I have been a fan of Full and Soft for years but I was starting to want a bolder, fuller look and this mascara delivers. This mascara in my opinion is as close to looking like false lashes as one could get, without actually wearing them. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up when Revlon had a BOGO50 somewhere. I've never fallen in love with a Revlon mascara that I can recall (I'm a Maybelline/L'Oreal/Avon girl) so I didn't have high expectations. It was just an okay mascara for me in the long run... initially I hated it, but after a month it was pretty nice. I have long lashes so I look for deep color and volume and this gave me black lashes that didn't flake or get crunchy. It takes a few coats to be noticeable but easily clumps and doesn't hold curl well. It's good if you have time to spend to perfect your lashes but not something you can swipe on and go. Not horrible but not really worth the price or effort.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Brunette6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe how many people have left positive reviews for this mascara! I usually use L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Original Mascara in Carbon Black because I LOVE how it gives me lots of length with absolutely no clumping. After over a year, I finally decided to switch and try something different. I bought this Revlon mascara based on the reviews of everyone on this site---BAD decision! After purchase, I have tried putting it on three times, and it's a struggle to not look like Tammy Faye Baker... it clumps terribly, especially at the ends. You have to go over your lashes about 30 times before it looks HALF way decent. I'm tossing this in the trash, because there is no way I'm going out in public looking sloppy and trashy. Waste of $10. I won't be trying anymore Revlon mascaras to say the least...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by indiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been very disappointed with drugstore mascaras lately but this one is different. It doesn't wilt my lashes and straighten out the curl. I use a lash curler because my lashes are super straight and have no curl of their own. It gives great definition to my lashes and emphasizes their length. It doesn't thicken like a typical volumizing mascara which I prefer.... I don't want funky thick ends on my lashes. This mascara separates and defines my lashes and supports a curl and therefore is my favorite new mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by marylevesque

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have not been able to find a decent mascara in forever. My makeup drawer is littered with mascara corpses. I expected this mascara to join the ranks of the unacceptable contenders. I have never had good luck with Revlon mascaras. Imagine my surprise when this mascara stood up and said "Pick Me!". The brush is excellent. No clumping, no raccoon eyes, no flaking. I really like this product and my recommendation has probably started the process of discontinuation for this mascara. Happens to me all the time...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by lovekaygee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara to try out something different. I was tired of the Lancome mascaras that cost an arm and a leg and dry out way too fast. I'm a use and toss mascara user but I cannot put this mascara down. I have very fine and thin lashes but this works amazing for me. The brush is amazing, it does not clump and is very build-able. This is my second tube and I am still in love. I will definitely repurchase this mascara and I have no stopped raving about it.