December 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Photoready 3D Volume

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though this product provides decent clump-free length and is very black- I have to give this a bad rating, because it smudges all underneath my eye throughout the day. No woman wants to look in the mirror at 3 pm and see black mascara rings circling her eyes. Yuck.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by veggiehamburgerlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I find Revlon mascaras smudge a lot, even some of the waterproof formulas (like customeyes and double twist), but I saw this for BOGO and i got this for free in the waterproof formula.

Now, when you look for the waterproof version, you got to look all over the package. It is written quite small, but you should see a waterdrop to indicate that. Not only is it written small on the pack, but on the actual tube of mascara too. It looks identical to the regular version, except for tiny written text on the back. The tube is also huge, so that is why I only give it a 2 for packaging.

The formula is kind of wet, but I like it because you have a bit more time to work with it. Blackest black is quite black. There are no clumps at all, but it did not give any volume whatsoever and I kind of thought not because the brush does not look like one that builds volume...it's great for lengthing and separating. The brush is deigned in a way that is really good to get at the base of the lashes and the other corner with bristles on the tip too. Despite my opinion revlon mascaras in terms of how long they wear, this one is quite waterproof. It did not smudge at all...I wore this once for 14 hours and it still looked the same since the minute I applied it. I needed a heavy duty waterproof make up remover to get this off...even olive oil wouldn't work. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by BlueEyedChik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this thinking it would actually make my eyelashes better than they were with my previous mascara, My other mascara was better, This left my eyelashes clumpy and not at all "Photo ready"

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty good at providing definition, but not so much volume. The wand has plastic bristles with a spiky section on the end, making it easy to coat the outer lashes. The major problem I have with this mascara is that it tends to transfer under my eyes throughout the day. This has never happened to me with any other mascaras, and I mostly use d/s ones. It also isn't a very buildable mascara, because it seems to me that what you see (with the first coat) is what you get. The last mascara I used prior to this was a comb mascara, so I appreciated how little effort this mascara took to get very black, defined lashes. A good mascara, but I wouldn't repurchase because I'm sure I can find another that won't transfer.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:54:00 AM More reviews by killerbees62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

don't know why i read the reviews and choose not to listen always think "but this product will be different for me!". it's not bad, but not great. i got mine on sale around $6. i dislike how this it's advertised as a volume mascara and i really dont think it is. it's nice for separating, adding some length and definition..but volume not so much. i like the big falsies look and this didn't do it for me. doesn't flake and comes off easy with water..thats always nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Bellapuella91

this is a great product to buy if you don't want to spend the money on benefit's "they're real" mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by katiekatmeow

I LOVE this mascara. I don't understand how this can make it look like I have so many eyelashes, but whatever I won't question it. It's really wonderful, my lashes look long and full. I find that results are best when you comb through for awhile, so application is a little longer. It's worth it for such pretty lashes though. I have the waterproof version also, which is just as lovely.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by hillaryhansen

This formula is very sticky, therefore, it clumps like crazy. My lashes stick together, which creates the opposite of volume. I like to curl my lashes both before and after applying mascara to make them look really long and curly, but when I use my lash curler with this mascara, it makes my lashes clump even more and bend in weird directions. It does nothing for my eyes, and I feel like it actually makes them look worse than without mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 4:02:00 PM More reviews by missgiselley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new mascara to replace my lash blast volume mascara that was drying out. I researched a couple and became interested in this particular mascara. I immediately bought it and tried it out at home. Let me just say that it is AMAZING. Especially when used with an eyelash curler.
I have very short, straight, eyelashes but this makes them look longer and voluminous. In just a few sweeps this provides the length and volume I need/want. The brush isn't too big or too small and its easy to apply without getting product on your eyelid or making a mess. You can easily build this up to get a very volumized dramatic look, or just apply normally for a nice, full eyelash look. It's just overall a really nice mascara.
It also has no clumping whatsoever! (at least for my lashes which is saying something considering every mascara I use has some sort of problem)
This is my HG mascara of the moment. Haven't had any problems or complaints with it. IN LOVE!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by SwordChant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Overall I'd say this is a pretty mediocre product: it's neither good nor bad. I was really excited to try it out and initially thought it was amazing. I thought they looked like my lashes but better. However, wearing it for a week, I found that it made my lashes feel rather stiff and took my already long lashes and made them look shorter (how the hell this happened is beyond me). It's one of the better waterproof formula's I've tried and the brush, in theory, is nice, but it seems to take my separated lashes and bind them all together. If you want a spikey mascara, I'd say this is right up your alley. However, if you want great definition, I'd say you're better off to keep looking.