October 30, 2014 | 1541 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice foundation. It goes on smooth, covers my face nicely and doesn't feel heavy or cakey. It didn't settle into lines or pores and didn't oxidize on me. My skin looks flawless and radiant. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by reesesilverstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

This is currently my go to foundation. I put it in the category of a bb cream because it cuts down the number of steps I have to go through on mornings and has proven ingredients, beneficial to skin. It does a really good job of covering acne scarring with a second layer just on those spots, and tones down my under eye circles. My skin looks even and refreshed, and most of all, natural. I've had no eruptions while using it, but I'm deducting a point for fragrance. This is HEAVILY (and lingering) perfumed, which some find refreshing, but I wish they had forgone.
Shade: Tawny

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

Horribly greasy. Goes on like silk and looks lovely initially. Within an hour, it will have settled and caked nicely into all your little lines and creases. This ends up GREASY, not "dewy". Looks like someone took Crisco and smeared it all over your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by productmomma

For the first 60 seconds I was impressed by this foundation. It smelled fresh (however that fragrance is probably what caused the bumpy rash that shortly after covered my cheeks and all around my mouth) and it looked very natural, diffusing uneveness and making my skin look moist. I looked in the mirror about 30 minutes later because my skin was starting to feel not just moist anymore, but oily, and noticed that in fact, my T-zone was an oil slick. If it were that alone I would have tried blotting papers, howver, the other big problem was that it oxidized unevenly, looking like I had used a darker shade in random blotches all over my face. I washed it off, put on some hydrocortizone to help with the newly cropping rash, and put it in my purse to return. I just tried the L'Oreal visible lift smooth absolute and it is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by melbaby821

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was out of town and had forgotten to bring any foundation with me when I picked this up on the spur of the moment last weekend. WOW! This foundation goes on light, airy, and you really don't need powder to set it, although you can use it, of course. What I like about it is that it is sheer coverage. Do NOT expect it to cover up every little flaw on your face!! It's also hydrating, so if you have really oily skin, it might not work for you. I have combination skin and coming out of winter, my cheeks are especially dry, so this has been GREAT for me! My skin is really looking awesome since using this and I haven't changed any of my skin care routine in the past couple of months. I'd get this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by glitteratti

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation. I'm over 60 with fairly dry skin, that isn't all that bad to begin with. The shade I selected matches fine, the coverage is great and it lasts all day. I apply with a sponge. The costs doesn't bother me as long as it does what I need, and it does. In fact, I'd spend more if I had to! I do feel this would work out best for dryer skin types.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2012 1:41:00 AM More reviews by seajay23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation was not what I expected. It claims to immediately perfect your skin tone. When I apply it, It's like I applied nothing at all, all the redness is there and it doesn't last AT ALL by the end of an 8 hour work day you may as well not have bothered, and then you're left with oily skin. I wish I could return this product, and I won't repurchase. I'm thinking I'm done with drugstore foundations! They just aren't made for those of us with super oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by kiki005us

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have never worn a foundation in my life, in fact i am a TM girl big time. But I noticed that my skin (althou clear and smooth) is not as "perfect" as it used to be in my twenties. I get a little redness at times and wanted something with more coverage for that, but I also have really dry skin and was afraid that foundation would stick to the dry patches and make them stand out, and I am definately NOT down for that!! So I saw this in the drugstore and noticed that it was not just foundation by itself but also had an Olay serum/moisturiser mixed in with it. So I bought it and I have been wearing this on the days when i have a little redness and it covers really well. But I also have to wear tm under my eyes still to prevent the dryness that I start to feel 5 minutes into wearing this foundation. So I'm really happy with it so far, and will continue using this as long as it works for me.
BTW, this morning I mixed this with HC TM since I wanted more coverage but not full coverage, and my face feels great!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by MarissaRissaMarie

It's so hard to find a good drugstore foundation for fair and cool toned skin. Everything is always slightly too orange for me, including this foundation. With a brush, this stuff does not apply well to my face. It looks like a slightly too orange mask. However, I'm hoping with a damp sponge, I can acheive less coverage and therefore subdue the orange and mask-like look. Otherwise, this foundation isn't too oily for my skin even on top of a moisturizer and primer, and it sets well with powder. I really want to like this product because it was a little pricey for a drugstore foundation. I'll update with a lower rating if I just cannot get this to work for me.
**Edit: While using a sponge worked better as far as coverage, this foundation is just too orange for my skin, even in the lightest shade. If you're a pale girl with pink undertones, stay away from this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually don't have much luck when it comes to Cover Girl foundations, but I think I've hit gold with this one. It has the right amount of coverage, it is buildable and feels nice and light on my skin [I hate feeling like I have spackle on my skin]. The fragrance is a bit strong at first but fades pretty quickly and doesn't bother me at all.

I don't have a problem with it separating or fading by mid-day the way I have in the past with some foundations either. I use blotting papers and if I feel a bit too oily for them to handle by the afternoon, I dust a tiny bit of powder over my nose and forehead, and it works just fine.

I bought the shade Ivory and even on my pale skin it matches nicely, something that's been kind of hard to get outside the more expensive brands.

The pump puts out just enough product, doesn't run and keeps my makeup bag clean.

My only gripe is the price. I paid $12 for it at a local drugstore, but I'm sure there's other places that will have it on sale. Definite rebuy!