Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/17/2014 10:32:00 PM

My first ever urban decay palettes. I love it. It stays all day even without eye primer, and very pigmented too. I love this palette better than the first one because I like the color combination is more wearable than the first one.

on 7/16/2014 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

While I do like the palette I don't think it's amazing nor is it worth the hefty price. 50 bucks in my opinion is pricey for eyeshadow. The colors didn't really wow me, I like many others just fell into the hype from the makeup gurus. I definitely want to try the 3rd palette I'd say save your money on this. The colors are very bendable though

on 7/10/2014 11:52:00 AM

I'm quite late to the Urban Decay naked party as I always looked at the shadows and thought they were too shimmery/sparkly for my taste and looked a little 'teenage' drug store product.
It was not until my local House Of Fraser store opened a concenssion that I was able to swatch the palettes and was surprised how much I liked it after all.

By the time I came to do this this, all 3 naked palettes were out and I chose this number 2. Naked one was overall too warm and 3 too pink and warm.
I liked the slightly cooler toned vibe of the collection, although I would agree with others who have complained it is not cool enough, there is still a few warm toned shades there which in my opinion make it unnecessary to own both 1 and 2, unless you are just collecting the palettes for the sake of having them all.

There are a few of the shades which I don't love. The matte cream is too stark and too flat, matte and a little powdery for my taste, I would have preferred a softer, satin finish and slightly less yellow toned.
I also don't love the golden colour as it is one of the brassy orange toned golds that can be a little difficult to pull off, I have found layering one of the other shades on top though makes it a bit more wearable.

I do agree it could do with less shimmer throughout the palette, but I wouldn't want more matte. I would rather one or two satin finish (one to replace the matte cream) and maybe a mid toned taupe satin and one of the darker browns and then keep the remaining matte plummy taupe and matte black. That would then be still 7 shimmer and 5 matte/satin which would work for me better.

Overall i like the quality of the shadows, they have good pigmentation and apply smoothly. They layer well and blend into each other without blending away and I find they staying power to be very good.
The brush included I do not use for the eyeshadow, but for concealer instead and find that useful.

The packaging I like, it is different to other brands I own and stands out. It doesn't look as cheap as I imagined from online photos. It feels sturdy and I have confidence that it will travel well. I have not had any issues with opening/closing the lid as others have mentioned.
The mirror is large and useful.

Overall I am happy with my purchase, although not my favourite eyeshadows, I am impressed and feel this is a welcome addition to my collection. I will find it most useful to take on a weeks holiday and not need to worry about bringing any other eyeshadows and can create a few afferent looks. Although there are one or two shadows I'm not thrilled with, having played around a bit, I can make it work enough to like the palette overall.

on 7/9/2014 10:48:00 AM

I am SO disapointed in this palette. I had high hopes and maybe expected too much. For what you get, the price is NOT terrible, but I dont think the eyeshadows are THAT great of quality either. The packaging I dont love because the lid can be difficult to open, and it makes me think I will crack the shadows or pop one out. It is nice though, that the palette has its own brush in it.
I wish there was more matte shades in this palette, I don't think there are any good transition shades. There is WAY too much shimmer, and the shimmer BURNS my eyes so bad. As soon as I wear this shadow my eyes start watering and itching, I have NEVER had that happen with ANY eyeshadow or makeup product ever, except this.
I literally only used this a few times and i was so disapointed with it that I started doing research online because I felt like I was the only person on earth that hates this palette. My research lead me to the Pro Palette from Lorac, which I ordered and LOVE. I have never used the Naked 2 again. Definitely DONT recommend this palette.

on 6/25/2014 7:45:00 PM

I bought this palette after all the nakeds where out, this one caught my attention the most. And I love it! I use it every single time I do my eyeshadow. I knocked of a Lippy because I wish there was more matte ones. The eyeshadows are super pigmented and blend amazingly. I wouldn't repurchase because I don't think I'll ever run out of most of the colors since they are shimmery. And when I run out of TEASE (the only Matte one) I will repurchase separately.

on 6/25/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been wanting to buy palette for such a long time and I finally got it. It is a bit expensive but totally worth it. No matter what colors you combine, they go well with each other. The colors are very pigmented and stay on for a long time if applied with a primer underneath. The brushes that I got with this palette were the ones that come with Naked3. There isn't a blending brush anymore or a lip gloss. It just comes with 4 samples of primers, which I haven't tried yet. All in all, this is a very good palette to own. I don't know if it's better than the other Naked palettes, as I have not tried them yet.

on 6/24/2014 12:00:00 PM

I bought this palette after swatching it on my arm in store and loving the colors. However, when I got home and played around with it, I realized I hated the way the yellow-gold tones mixed with my natural skin color on my face. I returned it for the Naked3 palette. If you have yellow undertones to your skin, this is a totally gorgeous palette. It really lives up to the UD name in pigment, feel and staying power. Wonderfully blendable and super rich colors. But, if you are pinkish like me, save time and just go with the Naked3 palette.

on 6/20/2014 10:16:00 PM

The colours in this palette are undeniably beautiful - that's a fact but they don't go on your eyelid as pigmented as they seem. It takes a few "coats" to achieve a medium to dark intensity for mostly all the colours. I expected the colours to be more pigmented and richer on my actual eyelids instead of just seeming that way. One thing's for sure; it was not worth the $50 or so that I paid for it. Don't get me wrong though, I love the colours in this palette and they do work well when I out effort into my eye makeup that day.

I hate to be the party pooper who leaves the negative review because I'm not a negative Nancy. I bought this palette, and though the pigmentation is great, there are 2 serious problems that should be addressed with this palette, especially considering how expensive this palette is.
Numero Uno: This is a little difficult to describe. The colors are so metallic the true color intended does not show through as it does in the pan. The colors just don't look that different on, and as a result, it just looks bland and plain Jane.
Number 2: There is a quite a bit of fallout. No one wants to look like the drunken prom date with glitter all over her face. And forget about wearing these colors unless you are using a a good eyelid primer. It will look like your are wearing a gold metallic shade, with no real color payoff to it.
I do believe all the palettes are overly shimmery, and hey, some like that sort of thing, and look great doing it. BUT, if you are looking for a palette like this.... go get the original Naked or Naked 3 palette. They are much better in terms of color payoff.

on 6/8/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Having a vast collection of eyeshades, I didn't feel compelled to jump on the bandwagon immediately when the first Naked palette came out, but I was in the store ASAP when I found out about this one because I love taupey shades. I actually was fortunate enough to nab a box that a sales associate accidentally left out before they were to go on sale a couple of years ago.

I like the general cooler tone of these shadows, but I honestly think that everyone assumes every shadow in this palette is cool because the packaging is cool-toned. Half Baked is in here also, which is a golden copper shade, annoying since it is in Naked 1 and I don't wear coppers or warm golds, and Foxy is also a warm-toned sheer neutral. I like the packaging better than Naked 1, since it clicks shut. Comes with a decent brush, but I put my own brush in there.

I'd recommend it for someone who either 1- loves collecting palettes like me 2- needs a great intro to neutrals with a variety of shades 3- knows very little about makeup and hasn't tried UD because this is a fair number of shadows to acquire at the same time, and you get to try the primer and brush too. For someone who already has tons of shadows and knows what to do with neutrals and has experimented plenty, the palette is just nice to have. How much you love it depends on why you buy it!

If I ever hit any pan, I don't see needing to repurchase the entire thing but would just buy the shades I ran out of. I would, however, purchase this as a gift, so that's why I said I'd repurchase.

Popular Palettes