Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.7

I love it.

The only concealer that doesn't crease or cake up on me.

Everybody and their mother seems to love this concealer so I bought it since it is really inexpensive. At first I tried the color Medium but it looks too orange on me (I'm like a NC30) so purchased the color Light. I figured it would be a good concealer/highlighter. The thing is it looks so weird!
I have combination skin but the skin under my eyes, I have noticed, is kind of dry and this concealer looks really cakey on me. I only like it when I use it with a beauty blender but ain't nobody got time for that!
So, yeah, I don't know if I would repurchase...It's not like I hate it, I can make it work, but I certainly don't understand the hype.

I was obsessed with this product in the shade brightened for the longest time. Not only did it conceal my dark circles and brighten my under eye area, I used it as a highlighter in general. Being so fair it is hard to find a product that's lighter than my skin tone when I contour which can be frustrating. (I'm so fair that I've used NYX jumbo pencil in milk as a highlighter on my nose before)/ This is the only product I've found that gives my face a natural looking highlight. The only problem I have with this product, besides occasional creasing under my eyes, is the packaging. The sponge set up allows you to be precise with application but more than once the twisting mechanism on the bottom has broken on me. Atleast twice I've had an almost full product that wouldn't twist up. The last time this happened I was so frustrated that I vowed to not buy it again but I still can't find a product that highlights better than this one :/

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely amazing for concealing the eyes. When using a shade lighter than my natural tone, it really brightens and lifts the eyes and definitely lives up to its "age rewind" affect it gives. The color of this I feel is very natural looking and brightening, and it is really liquid so it goes on smooth, dries smooth, doesn't crease, and stays put all day. It's a very good concealer for adding any brightness to parts of the face you want to subtly highlight like the eyes, center of the nose, around the mouth, etc. The spongy-like applicator is also very good for putting the product evenly on the skin, whether you're streaking it below the eyes or dabbing it on the eyes or face; This applicator makes it easier to blend in the product when using a finger, brush, or sponge. Super blendable, super brightening, super smooth and long lasting. A beautiful, affordable eye concealing concealer. Also a side note I have subtle darkness under my eyes but it isn't very predominant, so I rate this only four lipsticks because I don't know how well this could conceal someone with more predominant dark circles. So if you do have more darkness I'd still check this out and try it because it has a good coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after reading reviews saying ' this is a great product and its amazing'. Well, for me this product its just unsuitable. Then I wore this product it looked like I put a white veil in front on my dark circles. It really brings out a weird colour under my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product. I bought it because it's always raved about on Youtube in the beauty community, I had to see what the hype was about! I purchased the color "Brightener" and it is a light peachy concealer. The only thing I don't like about this product is it rubs off very easily even when you have set it with a powder and are wearing a primer.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have purchased this concealer in Fair, Light, and Neutralizer. I am currently using Neutralizer. The formula works for me. It does slightly crease under my eyes -- but what concealer doesn't? I like using Fair under my eyes, but it's too light for my face. Light is good for my face, but not bright enough under my eyes. So this is why I decided to try Neutralizer. This is yellow-toned and brightens up my eye area and any redness on my face. I like this very much and love that it isn't too heavy/thick.

I LOVE THIS.
This is my fave product in my entire MU box at the moment. It is super silky, glides on and easy to blend. it matches my skin perfectly. It stays put all day. I love it. But then again so does most of MUA

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great for dry skin, does not accentuate fine lines or cling to dry patches. Not a huge fan of the packaging - the sponge seems unhygenic and hard to clean. Concealer itself is good for covering dark circles and highlighting, I have mine in the shade medium. Wish this did not contain parabens.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Trust me when I say the sponge is unsanitary, it is hella unsanitary. My skin is not that easily irritated, so at first I didn't remove the sponge tip, and for a while it was fine. But after my sister borrowed this from me and used it on half a dozen of her friends, it broke me out merely hours after it touched my skin. I threw the sponge tip out immediately, and except for that isolated incident, I never had any problem with it since. Another reason why you too should toss the sponge, is that upon removal, I found it had absorbed so much product, which coagulated and stayed there, so as time went by even more product got trapped, and less could actually went through so I could use it. So save yourself the trouble, and chuck the sponge, honest advice.
Other than that, I think this is a great concealer personally. It's a bit thick, but doesn't dry too fast, it's super blendable, especially with fingers, and a little bit goes a loooong way. I only need one dot to cover my under eyes, the pores around my nose, the centre of my forehead, and if I still have some left I pat it on my lids and my purple veins there simply disappear. Besides texture (say, of a lumpy acne), it covers pretty much everything. I got it in Light/Pale, but to be honest it's still a bit pinkish for my very pronounced yellow undertone. But I don't really mind because I usually use it on small areas, plus I'm pale so I can get away with it. I don't find it cakey either, but maybe that's because I rarely use it on my dry cheeks, I use it mainly on my oily forehead and eye areas, and I don't even need to powder there. It dries to a smooth finish, I can still see and feel my skin underneath a very light layer, but so so smooth and immaculate. One tiny minus is that, I have very deep hollows that are really dark, almost seemingly bruised skin on the outer corners of both of my eyes, right under my lids (if you watch Wayne Goss you probably know what they are, he's like the only one person on Youtube that I have seen mentioned it). It creases to a line there and doesn't cover up much either, but that's has always been a problem area for me, plus this isn't entirely a colour correcting concealer, so I'm not too upset about that.
Also, the twist up packaging takes forever for the product to get out, but if I twist more than 3 times, there's more product comes out than I would need. If I want to use it I always have to reach for the concealer first thing, twist it only twice, then go do my moisturiser and foundation, only about more than 5 minutes later will the product comes out. It's quite expensive as well, I blame it on the cumbersome packaging, if they had just made a simple packaging like the Fit Me, the two would have probably been similarly priced. So I'm really torn about whether if I want to repurchase. I mean to try the Fit Me one, if that one is just as good, I might change my allegiance, but if it isn't then this would become my go-to concealer, without a doubt.
**Update**: I have bought a new one in 150 Neutraliser and I'M SO IN LOVE!!! It is my perfect match, blend on my skin like a dream! This is what I mean when Western-based cosmetics companies just don't get Asian skin tones. I have heard people complaining that 120 Light/Pale was too yellow for them, I was shocked, because it was too pink for me! The 120 wherever applied left me skin looking like a white sheet because it cancelled out my natural yellow skin tone, I always had to go over it with my foundation or mixed in with the foundation so the white doesn't look so harsh. I'm lucky as the only actual yellow one in the range is both light enough and matches me. The yellow tone not only matches my skin, but is also great at covering up red angry red blemishes (not completely, no way it can hide the bump, but it makes them look a lot less severe). I also have a lot of redness around my nose & on my cheeks that the 120 couldn't resolve, but it's all good now. I tossed the sponge first thing, it's been 2 months and I hardly make a dent in the tube. That sponge really does sucks up the product like a vampire. I didn't mention it in my first review, but this concealer is great as an eye primer too. I have used both on my eyes as bases and they both work great, my eyeshadows stay really well and doesn't crease for at least 4-5 hours, if I set them carefully and get rid of extra oil that comes up, 8 hours stay is a non-issue. The 120 worked better as eye base, since it erases my skin and leaves a white blank canvas to work with, the colours pop more on top of it. I passed the 120 on to someone else though, it was just too much trouble, and it makes me too sad to use products that don't match my skin. It's worth noting that when I first put it on my lids, it does sting a bit, so I suppose my eyelids are quite sensitive, if yours are too keep that in mind. The stinging feeling goes away after just a bit so I don't mind.

Video Reviews & Tutorials