September 18, 2014 | 1999 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been searching for a wearable nude for a long time. I finally found "the one" for me. Its not too pale, too matte, too frosty or a weird tone. Its perfect. I realize alot of people have a hard time with this one but I figured why not? Maybe since it doesnt work for them itll work for me. Im glad I gave it a try. Now I can do my dramatic eyes and not look overdone. :-)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite lipstick and color ever! I just wish the color lasted. I doesn't last more than a half hour on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never been a huge fan of nude lipsticks, and I don't think any of them look particularly flattering on anyone, but a teenager. I purchased this color based on a pretty persuasive review, but I am not impressed. This lip butter provides a small amount of color. Just enough sheen to feel like you are wearing a lip balm. If you apply too much, the color will settle in your lower lips, which looks really weird. I will put this lip butter in the top of my desk drawer, and use it when I need some lip conditioning and I do not have a mirror. I won't buy this color again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I guess I am one of the lucky ones that this tone worked for me. I have light/medium neutral (leaning warm) skin tone. If it had more pigmentation I may change my mind, but I find that it is a good go-to for my "me but better" days.

The formulation is fabulous! It definitely fits the bill, because I am one of those who always have something on my lips. It is moisturizing and creamy and really does feel like a nice lip balm.

All that being said, I am not sure that I would definitely purchase this color again. It has a little sparkle, which I don't like in a lip stick. I even prefer just shine not obvious sparkle in my glosses. And for over $7, I can get the same look for less.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Creme Brulee, like so many nudes, is a difficult color to wear. I have fair skin with yellow undertones, so while this doesn't wash me out, it certainly doesn't give my face a pop of color. I do want to make it work, so I topped it with ELF's Fairy lip gloss. I can tell you CB + Fairy is very workable. Just that added sheen makes a difference. I really enjoyed the results and plan to continue to use both products together. While I wouldn't repurchase Creme Brulee, I might purchase other lip butters (I currently also have Berry Smoothie).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

If I wear Creme Brulee alone, it totally washes me out, but I really like to wear it over MAC's Hug Me lipstick for a perfect nude lip. I love the formulation of Revlon lip butters and find them highly addictive!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I bought this and L'Oreal's Le Balm in Caramel Comfort at the same time looking for a nude lip. This one lost miserably on color alone. On my medium beige skin, this was way too light in color and looked chalky, washing me out completely. The texture is good...thicker and more opaque than Le Balm, and it stays on my lips longer, while the Le Balm is more sheer, has more of a shine/glossy look, but the color was a deeper brownish pink that made my lips look full and soft. I have other colors of this that I really like (Berry Smoothie) so I'll continue to buy these...just not this color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this product nearly 2 months ago since I heard a lot of mixed reviews on it particularly in this shade so I decided I'd give it a go. First off, I have no idea what people are thinking when they suggest that this would look better with a lighter skin tone since putting a pale lip colour on a pale complexion makes you seriously look like you're on your death bed, it certainly did that for me. So I have no idea whats going through people's mind's when they suggest this is for lighter skin. If you have lighter skin, don't listen to that and don't waste your money. That being said, I'm not sure who's skin type this is supposed to match up with cause its so light I would think it would make anyone look ill. I do think the colour of this product is about as horrible as could be but it does moisturize quite nicely which is why it did get a 2 lippie rating.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love lip butters but this color was NOT for me. I have brown hair, hazel/brown-green eyes and light, olive skin. this made me look washed out and sick. It was too close to my skin color and made me look like a corpse. I saw the pictures other MUA users uploaded and this color looked really different on me. I was like a glossy, white toned concealer on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had the Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee for a little over a week now. As soon as I bought it I tried it out--and was very disappointed. It immediately felt like my lips were flaky, the pigment clung to the dryness--it looked and felt awful.
However...I decided to wait and try it again when my lips weren't so chapped. I exfoliated them and upped my H2O (I notice my lips/skin get dried out quicker if I don't drink enough water) and tried it again. And the more and more I use it, the more I like it. It was almost like my lips had to get accustomed to it.
I love the color. This is the only Lip Butter I have, but I like that I picked a color that isn't super high maintenance like some of the others I've been reading about--I can just swipe this on wherever I am even if I don't have a mirror available. It provides a nice, even coat of nude color with just a hint of shimmer. My lips stay hydrated, but I feel like I do have to reapply more than I'd like. Still, it's a nice alternative to lipstick, a less sticky alternative to lipgloss, and more "put together" than a chapstick.