April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

I bought this and L'Oreal's Le Balm in Caramel Comfort at the same time looking for a nude lip. This one lost miserably on color alone. On my medium beige skin, this was way too light in color and looked chalky, washing me out completely. The texture is good...thicker and more opaque than Le Balm, and it stays on my lips longer, while the Le Balm is more sheer, has more of a shine/glossy look, but the color was a deeper brownish pink that made my lips look full and soft. I have other colors of this that I really like (Berry Smoothie) so I'll continue to buy these...just not this color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this product nearly 2 months ago since I heard a lot of mixed reviews on it particularly in this shade so I decided I'd give it a go. First off, I have no idea what people are thinking when they suggest that this would look better with a lighter skin tone since putting a pale lip colour on a pale complexion makes you seriously look like you're on your death bed, it certainly did that for me. So I have no idea whats going through people's mind's when they suggest this is for lighter skin. If you have lighter skin, don't listen to that and don't waste your money. That being said, I'm not sure who's skin type this is supposed to match up with cause its so light I would think it would make anyone look ill. I do think the colour of this product is about as horrible as could be but it does moisturize quite nicely which is why it did get a 2 lippie rating.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love lip butters but this color was NOT for me. I have brown hair, hazel/brown-green eyes and light, olive skin. this made me look washed out and sick. It was too close to my skin color and made me look like a corpse. I saw the pictures other MUA users uploaded and this color looked really different on me. I was like a glossy, white toned concealer on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by AmyK2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had the Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee for a little over a week now. As soon as I bought it I tried it out--and was very disappointed. It immediately felt like my lips were flaky, the pigment clung to the dryness--it looked and felt awful.
However...I decided to wait and try it again when my lips weren't so chapped. I exfoliated them and upped my H2O (I notice my lips/skin get dried out quicker if I don't drink enough water) and tried it again. And the more and more I use it, the more I like it. It was almost like my lips had to get accustomed to it.
I love the color. This is the only Lip Butter I have, but I like that I picked a color that isn't super high maintenance like some of the others I've been reading about--I can just swipe this on wherever I am even if I don't have a mirror available. It provides a nice, even coat of nude color with just a hint of shimmer. My lips stay hydrated, but I feel like I do have to reapply more than I'd like. Still, it's a nice alternative to lipstick, a less sticky alternative to lipgloss, and more "put together" than a chapstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by jconfer

Eliminates chapstick, lipstick, and gloss. I love this product!! Wish it lasted a little longer and maybe was a bit more opaque BUT it is way better than Loreal BALM.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have warm, NC15 skin, and I find this is a nice color for me. I have fairly well-pigmented lips, and it's opaque enough to impart color to my lips. It has some shimmer, but it doesn't feel gritty or noticeable on the lips at all. I find this particular lip butter to be somewhat drying, though. It lasts the longest on my lips even through drinking and snacking, but I assume that's because it's more dry. It's not so drying that I dislike it or wouldn't repurchase. Nothing a bit of lip balm doesn't cure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by teashadlynch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have searched high and low for a nude color that would compliment my skin and never found one. Because these are so pigmented I thought that this would be another FAIL nude color. So I thought why not try it I love the lip butter maybe this one will be sheer and I can pull it off. However when I put it on it was not sheer at all it was a nice wash of color like all the other lip butters. BUT I can pull it off it has enough shine and gloss in it that I dont have to pack alot of gloss on it like I have to do other nude lippies! LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually like the this nude lip - I have NC42 skin and it gives me a nude sheen lip it really looks great! love these..the texture is great...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

Great for everyday wear. Not as pigmented, needs a few swipes to see it. But its one of those lip products you dont have to worry about being "perfect". I love the packaging with the quilted pattern & the smell is not so strong. Wish this was a little more in color but its okaaay, just layer another lipstick on the bottom cuz these dont need gloss!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This product is just really average to me, it is more moisturizing and glossy than it is pigmented and the color is hardly noticeable on my lips. Even if I apply a heavy layer all I can notice is that my lips turn a slightly peachier shade but mostly they just get a nice shine. Without eating and drinking this lasts 3-4 hours on my lips. It's a nice product but I prefer more vibrant and pigmented colors so this is probably my least favorite lip butter. I wouldn't buy it again but it was only 4 dollars (bought it during a Revlon BOGO sale) so I'm not too disappointed with it, I can still see myself wearing it at home though because it is quite moisturizing.
Edit: I started to wear this more often, it goes beautifully with golden eyeshadow and bronzed skin. My lips are naturally quite pink but this just gives them a wonderful glossy glow, similar to a lip gloss but not so wet looking.