September 2, 2014 | 942 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by shen91

This was my first time using gel liner, as opposed to pencil or liquid, and I absolutely love it. It lasts literally all day, goes on really nicely.
Only downfall is it's hard to get off if you make a mistake, so you have to be precise, but overall would definitely purchase again and recommend to friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by janeeugenia

VERY long lasting, and they mean it!!!! Lasts foreverrrrrr, thumbs up! (you need to purchase brush to apply it, usually sold with the eye liner close by)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Lisa527

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this when BOGO 50% off at Ulta. Dirt cheap, but the packaging is not cheap at all, very solid glass container. I got the Midnight in Paris, which is a matte black. Generally speaking, black is the easiest color to smudge even in the same product line, but this one DOES NOT! Bobbi brown gel liner smudges on me but this one does not! The product itself is soft and creamy, pretty wet and applies really smooth. Shame that Ulta only carries 2 color. Would love to try some more!

Update: I got another color in Miami Ink, which is a medium grey. It looks a bit pale in the pot, but is actually wearable on the eyes without being too sharp. Today I wore it to the gym. After 30 minutes work-out and 10 minutes in the Sauna room, the eyeliner stays put!!! I can't imagine any situation tougher than this, so gals, get this eyeliner! My personal best makeup product of the year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Wow, these gel eye liners are great! Very creamy, lasts forever. Gives my MAC and Bobbi Brown gel eye liners a competitor, especially when comparing the price. These gel liners stay forever on my waterline too, I love it. Now just wish they had more colors to offer!

UPDATE: freaking love this shizz. PLEASE MAKE MORE COLORS!!!!! I dont ever want to buy gel liner from another company again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Kf1127

This eyeliner is soooo creamy I love it! It's very pigmented. I have the colour midnight in Paris which is just a pitch black color. Tried their smokey eyes palette, that was terrible. I got it for sale for 10 cents! So I had to buy it. The eyeshadow was not pigmented at all! The gel liner was horrible so I was so scared to try the gel liner, but now I love it so much! The only thing is that the jar is really heavy and there's not much product in the jar. But otherwise it's an amazing product! And I definitely would recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by shuppet88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I haven't written a review in a while, but this product definitely warranted one. No matter what an eye liner's promises of lasting on the waterline (I'm looking at you, Tarte automatic pencil), it never fails to smear. Until now. I had been using the Essence gel liner while on vacation, and I tried it on the waterline for the first time last week. It stayed on the whole night, and even on the bottom lash line where I smudged it for a soft smoky look. I don't think I'll be using anything else on my waterline from now on. It comes off with a few swipes of makeup wipe, but it might be more difficult for others to remove. My MAC Blacktrack would eventually flake off my waterline, and of course it's about five times more expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kekekeitsangee

I would give it a 4.5 but I rounded up. I'm an eyeliner kind of gal and something I won't leave the house without. After trying the Maybelline, the Wet N Wild, and the L'Oreal HIP Cream Liner (which I believe is discontinued now, it turns out the L'Oreal was my HG gel liner...).

Luckily, I found Essence! It's texture is super close the L'Oreal and more of a cream than a gel-- making it super smooth and gives you a nice pigmented line. It has amazing staying power and doesn't budge but I have oily complexion so after 4 hours, I have to spot check. But for ~$4 this product is my new go-to product for gel/cream lining.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Arisainwonderland

Best gel liner I have ever owned. I've tried L'oreal HIP, Wet N Wild, and Buxom but this beats them all hands down.

Essence gel liner comes in this nice little glass. The one I own is in black. I use a bent eyeliner for my top lids and a regular brow/eyeliner brush for my bottom lids. It goes on smoothly and with a little eye primer underneath IT STAYS PUT ALL DAY. All of my eyeliners tend to smudge on my lower lid, but even after several hours of walking in San Francisco there was no sign of smudging. A light dab of product is all you need, otherwise too much of it applied will cause it to flake. Product doesn't dry out in the jar like other gel liners do. Oh, and it's dirt cheap!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by adOrk_aBLe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great alternative to Mac's black track, but i feel this smears al over my eyelids within a couple hours ( i have oily lids). I'll try primer under next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic!

Tried MAC, Revlon, Maybelline gel eyeliners and this comes up tops - brush and eyeliner. Midnight in Paris (black) 5 all the way, London Baby not so hot on my brown skin.

Thank you to all who reviewed before me, I have found my HG liner finally...thanks to your input.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No