August 27, 2014 | 1734 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

used this foundation once, and it's nothing special for me. it gives a light build able to medium coverage and gives me a satin finish. It didn't give me a illuminated or glowy look that it said it would and honestly isn't very interesting. the price is not a surprise cause it is Chanel. but I prefer the Dior ones over this one anytime

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Have bought this over and over - every time I think of straying to another foundation, someone tells me that my skin looks great when I'm wearing this one. It's perfect for me as far as consistency goes: light coverage, super dewy, really moisturizing for my dry skin. It feels absolutely disgusting when you first put it on, but after a couple of minutes it melds perfectly to natural skin texture and is so soft and soothing. Sometimes it sticks a little to extremely dry/peeling skin, so exfoliate first and then let it do the job of moisturizing for you. :)

I just slap it on with my hands over moisturizer (right now it's Hope in a Jar, which I thought might be too heavy but actually works well with Vitalumiere) and then lightly add concealer (MAC Moisturecover or that Olay+Covergirl swirly one) if I want to cover my freckles or if I have dark circles. I powder through the center of my face, SUPER lightly, with Chanel loose powder to cut the nose shine and set my concealer. I find that letting the foundation sink in a bit before adding more stuff on top of it is the key to its looking flawless.

If you have breakouts/oily skin/want lots of coverage, though, you'd be better off applying straight Crisco to your face - there's no way this stuff provides any kind of oil relief and will probably only last like an hour. :( Even with my really dry skin, it can feel like too much "dew" if I overdo it on the moisturizer.

However, if it works for you, you'll definitely get some compliments on your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The smell is okay. Application is sheer, smooth and dewy. Its got a variety shades of color (mine is claire). It cost me 78 dollars which is probably about the same price as MUFE. It last no more than 4 or 5 hours and the cap of the foundation is kinda flimsy. I wouldnt buy this again because of the staying power but its okay.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by dewdrop10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is perfect on me, for about 3 hours and then it disappears! So guess I will stick with my Clinique Redness Solutions makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by elle3927

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The vitalumiere foundation is an excellent moisturizer, making skin simply radiant. I wear this foundation for parties and special events and receive compliments on it frequently.
I'm not crazy about its scent, but it goes away after a few minutes of application.
It's worth noting that this is a light coverage product and hardly conceals blemishes. So far, I've been applying it as a second layer of foundation over the Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup and it works well for me; I haven't had acne breakouts following the application of this product.
I've been applying it using my fingers. The woman who sold it to me advised me to do so as a sponge or a brush will absorb too much of the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by esavage83

For the record: I have sensitive combination skin. I get pretty dry around my nose and oily on t zone. I am also a flight attendant so my skin's environment isn't consistent.
Pros:
Just sinks into skin
Love how natural it looks
The color (#30 Cendre') is perfect for my light yellow undertoned skin
Face feels super moisturized
Luminous
Descent coverage
Does not sink in creases

Cons:
as the MA told me- does not apply well with fingers but needs it to heat the product up.. Only works well with foundation brush...ugh effort.

Overall: I believe this would work better on very dry skin. Be cautious of the ingredients if you break out easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't find a Shu Umera counter in the city I'm staying, so I went to pick up this foundation at the Chanel counter, together with a few other stuff two weeks ago.

I have faith in Chanel, coz I had an amazing compact powder foundation last summer and love it (Teint Controle Extreme - Extreme UV Protection Control Powder Foundation), it was just divine. It has very nice coverage, but not matte, shows my skin texture well, still gives a luminous glow and radiance to my skin without looking oily, gives nice dimensions to my face and hides puffyness, fine lines and flakiness. It was so easy to apply, no mess. This compact powder foundation raised the bar of my expectation and that's what I look for in a foundation aside from feeling comfortable. Sadly, they ran out of stock at the counter.

So, I got this instead. This is my first Chanel liquid foundation, unlike Shu Umera Face Architect (liquid foundation) that I had been using for years, this coverage is relatively light, a bit too light to my liking due to my current skin condition. I never needed to use a concealer, and have not found a concealer that can mask my currently healing acne marks so I tend to depend on a liquid foundation that gives good coverage. This is pretty much thin like a BB cream to me without a greyish cast. My current skin issue won't last forever so this isn't really my concern.

It's moisturizing to be used in winter and can last for 4-5 hours without touching up, feels quite comfortable on the skin.

The shade I got is 20 Clair - Cameo, it matches my pale asian skin tone and tend to be a bit more yellow, the other 20 Clair has a pink undertone.

My only problem is it turns orangey and darker after a few hours of wearing, makes me looking puffy and tired under natural lighting, not sure if I got a bad batch or it has something to do with the shade I pick. I have normal skin, wear a very light serum and a very light sunscreen, wait for 10 mins to sink in before putting this one, and also don't think I put too much foundation on my face. All MUAers and makeup gurus, I'd like to know what has gone wrong, please give me some suggestions!

I still have to wear this everyday until I can get a better alternative or a solution. It might not be a bad foundation on itself but it might just not for me at the moment.

Will try to give an update later.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by summer028

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite foundation at the moment. I have this in 20 and although it has a very strong yellow undertone, I can make it work by blending it well into my neck. The coverage is light/medium and the finish is very even and glowy.

Because it is very moisturizing, I skip my moisturizer in the mornings when I use it. My skin is quite normal, but it would definitely get too shiny if I wore a moisturizer underneath it.

The best part of this foundation, I find, is that it doesn't break me out. And that is very rare for me. I don't use foundation everyday, so this will probably last me a long time.

I would recommend this for people with a dry to normal skin who do not need a lot of coverage. To people with oily or oily/combination skin: You'd better stay away from this, because it could just melt off your face... Although every skin reacts differently, so you might give it a try anyway :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by manini3

It took me awhile to fall in love with this foundation. At first I thought it was greasy, and almost returned it. Then I figured out that the skincare you wear underneath makes all the difference in how the makeup wears. I wear a lightweight serum and an SPF moisturizer. If I don't moisturize properly before I wear Vitalumiere, it can look flaky on my combination skin. It took a few tries, but now I think I have this equation figured out.

UPDATE: After a few weeks of using this, I started to break out!! I never break out, I have dry skin, but some ingredient in this foundation (probably the fragrance), caused me to get pimples. I am not happy about this at all, and have since switched to Chantecaille Future Skin foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by missmelody

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, so I tried this foundation when the SA accidentally gave it to me instead of Pro Lumiere, which is my usual foundation, I couldnt be bothered going back to change and it so i thought id give it a shot. When applied carefully with a brush, its really nice, it gives a nice dewy coverage and looks gorgeous, when applied with fingers, not so great, it doesnt seem to sink in to my skin (normal skin) and comes off on everything, my phone, my hands etc. Im not usually covering it with powder, but if i do (chanel powder) it generally lasts a bit longer, however, the finish of the foundation changes and it actually doesnt seem to take the powder in, it kind of just sits on the face.. I would always apply with a brush, than it is a great foundation.. i think all chanel foundations need to be applied with a good foundation brush. my biggest tip, when mixed with diorskin forever foundation, it looks AMAZING, i have never tried any foundation that looks or feels better. I use the two of them together and get compliments all day long :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No