December 22, 2014 | 869 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by protegemoi02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this, however was incredibly underwhelmed. After a year of admiring Samantha Chapman's (pixiwoo) beautiful glowing skin I decided to just go ahead and get it. I got it in the shade 20 Claire and was a touch too dark on me (will never guesstimate a foundation shade online again) I didn't like the overall feel of this foundation. Looked lovely, but just felt greasy, wet and heavy. Felt like my face was melting! I've tried using a few different types of brushes and application techniques but just couldn't stand the wet feel. I tried powdering, but just took away the glow that I wanted. Love this foundation on other ladies but just couldn't get past the feel. Would reccommend if you aren't sensitive to a very duey face.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to capture the dewy look that one of the artists on the Youtube channel, "Pixiwoo" had created for her "Everyday Makeup" video. She had used Chanel "Prolumiere" foundation but since that's been discontinued, that wasn't an option. I went to the Chanel counter and requested their best foundation for that "lit from within" glow. This product was recommended and I was matched up with the Ivory shade. This foundation was nothing spectacular. I certainly didn't have that dewy, youthful look I was going for and when you are charging $55.00 for a foundation, I would expect something better than just average. This one goes in the category of nothing special for me so I returned it. Thumbs down on this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Vitalumiere is just what the doctor ordered. I usually have combination skin but lately it's been dry due to enviornmental factors.
Shade: After viewing online, I was interested in either 30 Cendre or 40 Beige. The SA said I could go either way but the 40 was a bit too dark but seemed to cover my redness more. Also, I have to blend 40 in more to make it work. I settled on 30 and it's the perfect shade for my oddball skintone. I have olive skin with red and brown tones. For reference, I'm 30 in Dior and NC40 in MAC. I actually find Chanel 30 a very good match, it just blended right into my skin and along my jawline.
Application: After viewing some bloggers, some say this works better w/ a brush. I beg to differ. When using my fave foundation brush, I felt that the foundation was too moisturizing and it just swished it around leaving streaks. I find that when I use my fingers, it blended in much better. Also, I feel that you really need to work in this foundation and blend like crazy with soft gentle downward strokes to get a nice even canvas. If you blend in circles, you will allow the foundation to cling on to any dry patches.
Finish: Vitalumiere pinned the tail on the donkey! This is actally what I was looking for in a dewy natural light foundation. This does contain "light reflecting properties" and what I do to tone that down a bit is lightly dust MUFE HD loose powder over Vitalumiere and it creates a soft effect and eliminates shine. In comparison to my other "dewy" foundation (Diorskin Nude Hydrating Foundation), I find that Vitalumiere works better and is more moisturizing for me during the winter months. I use Diorskin Nude when my skin leans more combo and not as dry. Also, Diorskin Nude doesn't have "light reflecting properties" there is a dew to it but it's not as moist or glowy as Vitalumiere. Also, Diorskin Nude has more of a medium coverage and Vitalumiere is more light and can be built up to somewhat of a medium but you will still need concealer on trouble spots. I love Vitalumiere for my everyday foundation, it feels so luxorious on the skin and it gives light nautral finish.
Price: It's Chanel so it's expensive. It retails for $55 plus tax (US).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I have combination skin but recently its been so dry that this foundation has been a god send. I have just got back from a 2 week holiday in the maldives and got the shade 50 natural, which is a little on the orange-ish side, but the 40 is too light really i think i need to mix them both but cannot be bothered to buy 2 foundations...I love the glowy-dewy finish, i love how easily this glides on like silk it takes me half the time to apply this over my laura mercier silk creme foundation. It does get a little shiny through out the day but its a glowy kind of foundation so that will happen. I just powder a tiny amount down my nose and slightly on forehead and use oil blotting sheets from mac too. Coverage isnt full- but its great in the way you can layer it and it still looks great- you cant do that with many foundations. Thta way you can build up to a medium-full coverage. im usually nc35ish but now i think a bit more nc37 in mac. One bad thing thats so annoying is the cap keeps coming off it literally wont stay on the bottle and then my make up bag or hand bag just gets covered in foundation...

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by xandreaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

used this foundation once, and it's nothing special for me. it gives a light build able to medium coverage and gives me a satin finish. It didn't give me a illuminated or glowy look that it said it would and honestly isn't very interesting. the price is not a surprise cause it is Chanel. but I prefer the Dior ones over this one anytime

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Have bought this over and over - every time I think of straying to another foundation, someone tells me that my skin looks great when I'm wearing this one. It's perfect for me as far as consistency goes: light coverage, super dewy, really moisturizing for my dry skin. It feels absolutely disgusting when you first put it on, but after a couple of minutes it melds perfectly to natural skin texture and is so soft and soothing. Sometimes it sticks a little to extremely dry/peeling skin, so exfoliate first and then let it do the job of moisturizing for you. :)

I just slap it on with my hands over moisturizer (right now it's Hope in a Jar, which I thought might be too heavy but actually works well with Vitalumiere) and then lightly add concealer (MAC Moisturecover or that Olay+Covergirl swirly one) if I want to cover my freckles or if I have dark circles. I powder through the center of my face, SUPER lightly, with Chanel loose powder to cut the nose shine and set my concealer. I find that letting the foundation sink in a bit before adding more stuff on top of it is the key to its looking flawless.

If you have breakouts/oily skin/want lots of coverage, though, you'd be better off applying straight Crisco to your face - there's no way this stuff provides any kind of oil relief and will probably only last like an hour. :( Even with my really dry skin, it can feel like too much "dew" if I overdo it on the moisturizer.

However, if it works for you, you'll definitely get some compliments on your skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 2:28:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The smell is okay. Application is sheer, smooth and dewy. Its got a variety shades of color (mine is claire). It cost me 78 dollars which is probably about the same price as MUFE. It last no more than 4 or 5 hours and the cap of the foundation is kinda flimsy. I wouldnt buy this again because of the staying power but its okay.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2011 11:28:00 AM More reviews by dewdrop10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation is perfect on me, for about 3 hours and then it disappears! So guess I will stick with my Clinique Redness Solutions makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by elle3927

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The vitalumiere foundation is an excellent moisturizer, making skin simply radiant. I wear this foundation for parties and special events and receive compliments on it frequently.
I'm not crazy about its scent, but it goes away after a few minutes of application.
It's worth noting that this is a light coverage product and hardly conceals blemishes. So far, I've been applying it as a second layer of foundation over the Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup and it works well for me; I haven't had acne breakouts following the application of this product.
I've been applying it using my fingers. The woman who sold it to me advised me to do so as a sponge or a brush will absorb too much of the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by esavage83

For the record: I have sensitive combination skin. I get pretty dry around my nose and oily on t zone. I am also a flight attendant so my skin's environment isn't consistent.
Pros:
Just sinks into skin
Love how natural it looks
The color (#30 Cendre') is perfect for my light yellow undertoned skin
Face feels super moisturized
Luminous
Descent coverage
Does not sink in creases

Cons:
as the MA told me- does not apply well with fingers but needs it to heat the product up.. Only works well with foundation brush...ugh effort.

Overall: I believe this would work better on very dry skin. Be cautious of the ingredients if you break out easily.