July 28, 2014 | 2053 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love these lip butters! I have them in peach parfait (a shimmery peach), sugarplum (a mauvey plum similar to MAC Syrup), berry smoothie (pink), and red velvet (blue based dark red). The texture on all is moisturizing and smooth, though the shimmer on the peach parfait can feel grainy at times. The darker colors wear down to a stain. You do have to reapply often, which is my only complaint. I'm not a habitual lipstick wearer, but I reach for these lip butters a lot and want to buy more colors.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by Bazingaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think youtubers and blogs have created a hype which the products don't live up to! They settle into fine lines on the lips (and I don't have particularly dry lips), and don't last at all well on the lips. The packaging is lovely, and comparable to high end, but is rather the product was a better to be honest!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by sunshineeaimss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS HEAVEN IN A CUTE ´CHANEL´LOOKING TUBE! ahh so perfect! I just can´t even begin! At first, I was skeptical about the color pay off, I mean a lip balm/lipstick with great color pay off that doesn't dry my lips? UHM yes please! It gets the job done! My lips get chapped really easy, but this moisturized them and gave them a great color! I definitely recommend this. If you're looking for some color on your lips while having them moisturized you need these. They are NOT matte but I think the glossy look gives it more of a cute and fresh vibe! On certain days you can even get 2 for $10. MY FAVORITE COLOR IS strawberry shortcake! They have a variety in colors, so you can find one that fits you!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by goaheadlily

I love this product! I have probably 5 colors and love them all. It definitely keeps your lips moisturized, only downside is it's a little TOO moisturized so it does come off sort of easily and you have to reapply. My new favorite color is "Pink Lemonade". Very nice and subtle for Summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by delicious_dish

I have this in Wild Watermelon and I love it. Glides on like lipbalm, even color distribution, feels moisturizing and soft. The color is fresh and bright and really flattering in my super pale skin. Once the actual butter wears off, it leaves behind a really nice even stain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

The formula is super rich and just slides on your lips, like lip balm. I love the moisturizing effect! I originally wasn't as taken by these lipsticks. But they grew on me along with moisturizing lip crayons. I am now slightly obessed.

However, the colors are inconsistent. This means that they don't exactly match the swatches online and tend to show up differently on skin tones. For pale skinned girls, I don't think that you will have a problem with color pay off. I got this in Creme Brulee, which makes it one of the few taupe lipsticks that I can pull off. I usually apply this lipstick for more of a daytime minimal makeup look. It does leave my lips hydrated, alternative to lip balm.

I would not repurchase this one. But I do want to get another color. Candy Apple is on my list. Oh, and not a fan of the colored and clear plastic packaging. It makes it look cheap. And I wish they gave more of the product in the tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by apinecone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Price: $7.50 (?)
Location: Target

I really don't understand the hype around this product for a number of reasons. I'm giving this product two stars only because I kind of like how they feel on my lips. Other than that, I can say these literally have the worst staying power of any lipstick I have ever tried. If you want an overpriced lip balm, check these out. These are the second worst Revlon products I have ever tried. (Second only to the lip stain that dried out seconds after opening it.)

The bad: Terrible staying power. I can't even take a sip of water without all of the color coming off and leaving me with an ugly lip liner. It bleeds terribly. Even with lip liner, I find that they still bleed and don't last. The color payoff is also very inconsistent. Candy Apple is sort of sheer, but the wine color (can't remember the name) is VERY opaque. I have a another that was even more sheer than Candy Apple though. I like consistancy, so that when I buy a product I can expect the next one to be relatively the same but with a different shade or color. They're also totally overpriced. I own several Revlon lipsticks, and I believe I only paid about $4-5 for each one. These are usually $7-8 at the drugstore and Target though.

The good: It feels nice on the lips, smells alright too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 3 of these, and I have mixed feelings about them :p I love how they are so moisturising, and sometimes its good to wear a sheer coat of colour on the lips but also I find the colours a bit inconsistent. Some colours are more pigmented while others are very sheer, almost clear. Also if you do plan on buying any of the butters, do not trust swatches online. The swatch pictures I found online where SO MUCH deeper and more pigmented then the real thing.Also I find the price a bit ridiculous here in AUS they sell for approx $22 each :( I got mine on half price at chemist warehouse yayy. Overall for a sheer glossy look I was happy with 2/3 colour I purchased :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by gingermatcha

I own a few of these. They are great! They are super moisturizing, the color pay-off is beautiful, and the price is reasonable when you catch a sale (I feel like the base price keeps increasing, sadly). Plus, places like CVS will take a return, so low risk!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by kata8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Revlon lip butters. I have three lip butters, every color is beautiful. It moistures a tiny bit but not that much.