John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlighting Shampoo

3.4

I really wanted to like this shampoo, in fact I wanted to love it hehe, cos it really looked like something good for blondes. But it was horrible. I had some blonde highlights done in my hair and I wnated to brighten them, not only I didn't notice any good results on my colour but it absolutely made my hair TERRIBLY DRY and tangly and impossible to manage even after deep conditioning. Never ever again! Now I'm a brunette again.

on 7/26/2005 3:00:00 PM

It took far too much to get a good lather with this shampoo. On top of that, it had a tendancy to dry out my palms and scalp, make my hair frizzy and staticy. I switched the Pantene for much better results...

on 7/17/2005 9:14:00 PM

I didn't notice any highlighting/brightening at all. I have dark blond/light brown hair with blond highlights. I also felt it left my hair dry, tangled, and hard to manage, even after conditioning and blowdrying.

on 7/5/2005 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

well i only used this for two days so i cant comment on the brightening part, all i know is i have pretty normal hair as i not dry, i did just go from red to blond, and always stayed away from sls and the like, so i really dont know why i decided to get this, hype i guess. now it didnt wash out at all, left my hair all tangled and gross and my hair is drier, now i know it prob is from the bleach and stuff to get my blond, but still im going to try something else.... i

on 6/26/2005 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Will I buy again? No.

I was pumped to use this stuff. Way too expensive to start off with. I used it for a good month and barely noticed any changes. I was tired of using it so I threw the rest out and switched to good 'ole suave.

on 6/24/2005 4:19:00 PM

I LOVE THIS STUFF! i have light brown hair with blonde highlights and this really brightened them! i never thought this would work but it does. i've used it for a little over a week. you won't notice results right away, but with use it will be gorgeous!

on 6/1/2005 11:54:00 AM

I was so disappointed with this product. I can't say I noticed that it made a difference to the colour of my hair, all that I did notice about it was that it left my hair really dry. When rinsing it out there was always a clump of hair on the top of my head that felt all tangled and dried out, really un-hair-like feeling. I still have a bottle of the conditioner that I am not keen to use incase it reacts the same way. I have used other products in the sheer blonde range that are great but would never buy this again. I'll go back to my cheaper L'oreal one.

on 5/17/2005 12:29:00 PM

I thought this product was working great until I went to my hairstylist. She asked me if I had been spending a lot of time in the pool and when I said no, she asked if I was using a "blonde" shampoo. She said she could see a HUGE difference in the color in my hair from the month before. It had got a green tint. I'm naturally very blonde, and I've never colored my hair. While this product may not turn colored blonde hair green, natural blondes watch out!

on 5/11/2005 3:57:00 PM

My HG shampoo! It really does brighten up my colour-treated blonde hair, as it promises. Abit pricey but worth it.

on 4/5/2005 2:36:00 AM

Smells like...shampoo. Great lather. Rinses well. Felt like it stripped a little, but I think the moisturizing one would be too much for me.

Popular Shampoos