October 21, 2014 | 2040 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by diabolicrouge

A truly lovely foundation, especially for combo/oily ladies that have problems with makeup wearing off during the day. Alcohol is the third ingredient on the list, which may be potentially irritating for certain skin types. This could've been HG material for me, if not for the fact that I could not find a match! I have quite fair skin with olive and yellow undertones (MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 is a near perfect match), and 010 seemed to be a beautiful match, until the color dried down and it became too pink and dark. I would say it oxidized about 1 and a half shades darker in a few minutes. I also tried the 021, geared towards skin in the light medium range with yellow undertones, and it looked orange on my skin. However, after the initial oxidation as it dried on my skin, it did not further oxidize during the day.

Ignoring the bad color match, I gave it four stars because the texture is truly phenomenal. It has a gel-like liquid texture, isn't thick, and has quite a bit of "stretch" to it so little product is needed to get good coverage. It dried down to a smooth, satin matte finish, but didn't feel uncomfortable or heavy like traditional long-wearing foundations (i.e. Double Wear, Colorstay). It also lasted most of the day for me, when set with loose powder. It was quite amazing for someone with oily skin like me. I rarely felt like I needed to blot, but when I did, there was very little transfer. If you can find a perfect color match, I would absolutely recommend this foundation for a longwearing, yet satiny finish! But because of the fact that the shades were either too pink or too yellow for me, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by emilyarmstrong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG foundation, I have been using this foundation for almost a year and it is absolutely perfect for my combo/oily skin. Feels and looks like I am not wearing makeup and keeps the oilies at bay all day. If I am feeling in need for a little extra glow I will mix it with my Dr. Jart BB Cream. Color 22 matches like a charm on my neutral skin (22 goes more to the pink side).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Becky2009

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After a lot of testing of different foundations, I think this might be the best I have ever tried. Its benefits are:

(1) Shade range - it has four options in every "depth"!, ie a beige, a yellow-based, a pink-based, and a peach! I am a true neutral and I really struggle to find foundations that aren't either yellow or pink-based. But the 020 colour is perfect for me - like really perfect, perfecter than anything else I've ever tried.

Not sure how great the range is at the darker levels though.

(2) Wear - it lasts all day, truly. The wear is comparable to Lancome Teint Idole, which I also think is a good foundation, but the shade match isn't as good for me and also the finish is nicer in the Dior (see below).

(3) Finish - it gives a very subtle glow, which is unusual in a long-wear foundation. It's not quite as "glowy" as some, eg Teint Miracle or Armani Luminous Silk, but I wouldn't really call it matte either - it just looks like healthy skin.

(4) Coverage - Other reviewers say this is medium coverage, but I would say it's more on the light side. Or perhaps I just don't use as much - I generally use one pump to cover my face. Anyway, it covers light acne scarring but for newer scars or actual pimples I need a tiny dab of concealer too. It is perfect for me - unless I"m having a bad time usually all I have to cover is light acne scars, and I don't like wearing more foundation than I really need.

This gets a 10/10 from me. I haven't had any issues with sensitivity or irritation, but then I rarely do with makeup.

The one thing to watch out for is that if your skin is dehydrated or flakey, this foundation can look quite bad. It is really important to moisturise well first. I used to just use sunscreen under makeup, but I've started adding a few drops of rosehip oil first for extra hydration and it makes a big difference to how my foundation looks. Maybe that is obvious to others but it was a revelation to me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by myblackdog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Dior Forever Flawless Perfection in 023, a sort of yellow/peach color, the closest to my skin tone.{ not -the color was not to be found -except in a tester - at a couple of stores for some reason] Color is not exact but blends nicely.

I had been using mineral makeup - which I do like - but wanted to try a liquid to cover uneven and discolored areas more easily. I got a small sample to try, enough for about 4 days, then purchased a bottle.
I am pretty sure this will be one of those rare makeup buys that actually gets used up.

At 65, I have large pores and still a little oily skin at times, and some products cause breakouts. My skin under my eyes and on cheeks is dry - I do use an eye cream and am careful not to overdo makeup.

I use the DIOR Forever over a primer (RMK) or sunscreen[one of Neutrogena's or Cetaphil's new one]. However, it claims an SPF of 25 by itself - another plus.

Conclusion_ on me it finishes my skin nicely, Feels good, Stays on ( this was not a high-humidity warm weather test tho'), and provides a soft matte finish, not dewy,not cakey. It was easy to apply blush over this as well. Don't know if it would take, say, a day of skiing, or extreme and sweaty outdoor activity but it goes through a normal day just fine.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by iAmMollyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just briefly my skin is combination (oily t-zone but some times a flaky/dry nose) I do have very awkward skin colour to match, i've been told this everytime i have been to get a new foundation and got colour matched.
Anyway, i bought this first in shade 022 this was much too light for me and much to pinky, i then bought this in 030, this was much to dark for me. I think ideally i am shade 021 but i don't want to buy it again and risk it as i have already spent around £70 on two bottles and i find it rubbish!
The reviews on this are amazing and i really wanted this to be good and be my HG foundation, leaving colour out of my review (because the colour matching was kind of my fault i guess) i still don't find this foundation any good. It only lasted a few hours with me even though i tried it with a primer/without a primer/about 4 different primers, it just didn't last all day like other reviewers said. I don't know if it's my skin that is the problem and the reason that this didn't last...
The finish of this foundation is definitely a dewy finish even with powder (i alternated between mac powder and dior loose powder) this foundation was still too dewy. too dewy for my liking anyway.
I rated this expensive because i think it is expensive for what it is (if it would have been good i would have been happy to pay because i really want to find my HG foundation)
so yeah, i dont think this product is for me, as much as i want it to be... i'm now left with 2 over three quarter filled bottles :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by mmviv

It provides medium coverage while still looking natural. Unfortunately none of the shades match my skin quite right. If they had my shade this would be the perfect foundation, but alas, none of them match.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've just been on a HE foundation sample bender and this is the big fat winner. I'm NW/NC15 (depending on the product) and Ivory 10 is a perfect match. No breakouts, no oxidization/midday cheeto face, it melts into my skin and feels like I'm not wearing anything on my face at all, and it has a lovely finish (even without powder) - not too matte, not too dewy. I've used both a brush (SK flat top - just gently pressing into the skin rather than a major buff) and my fingers and it always looks good. Also, I usually set it with MUFE's HD powder, but for some reason it does not play well with ELF's version - it noticeably dulls the finish, although it seems fine with my other foundations. The price is steep at around $50, but for me it's worth it because it makes my skin looks so much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The color match for this, and other Dior foundations are just all wrong for me. Im between a MAC NC25-30 with extreme cool/olive undertones. Medium Beige 030 is slightly too dark for me and looks orange, and Linen 021 is too light. Light Beige 020 is the wrong undertone for my skin, being extremely cool toned it seems to pull pink on me so I ran outta options. The coverage on this foundation is nice, but it does seem cakey, especially if you are looking to build coverage on spots or imperfections. I am more of a dry skin type so that could be why it cakes on me with the longwear properties. I think this foundation would be great though on someone with normal to oily skin and someone who has a neutral skin undertone that can get the foundations to match them, hence the 3 rating. I also personally do not like the perfumey smell Dior foundations possess, but I know that would bother some people, but it was a lil much for me....overall though it seems like it would be a good product if your skin is right for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by celkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EDIT:
I have come back to re-review this. It's a great go-to foundation for something with a perfect coverage, long lasting and beautiful finish but it is quite powdery when it sets and I think in the end this contributes to my skin ending up drier, therefore I switched to Chantecaille for a bit more money and have something really hydrating. Very dry product!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Adellex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing foundation. Have just tried it for formal events and going out and i could not be happier. I purchased tone 031 which matched my skin colour amazingly. It went on so smooth on top of primer and blended perfect. Although it is a little pricey i would not use it for everyday makeup but it is sure great for going out. It is long wearing and has a great matte finish with out looking cakey.
one of the best foundations ever!