July 25, 2014 | 1842 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 2:33:00 AM More reviews by OLC8

Really enjoying this foundation at the moment. Love the scent. It's a really gentle floral scent that is there for a few minutes then fades away. The coverage is definately medium. I got told by the sales lady that it was full and I don't find it is. Not breaking me out or clogging pores! Thank goodness! I have oily skin so I find most foundations I own need to be powdered and blotting after a few hours but that's just my skin. Love it and will re purchase! I'm oily, medium to tan skin tone and I got shade B40.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by shuppet88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know what all the hate for this product is about. It's a matte foundation, but turns satin-y over the course of the day. It's a light-medium coverage which for me is great. It's also very natural looking which I like. I stipple it on and it looks like I'm airbrushing my face that way. I look naturally perfected, if that makes sense. I dunno what it is with this, but it gives me that "inner glow" look. I don't want to go through it very fast though because it's pretty expensive, so it's one of those "special occasion" kinda foundations. I'm going to use it for my wedding because it photographs well and just makes me feel like I'm having a luxurious experience when I want to dress up :) If you don't moisturize very well beforehand, you won't like it. I use almond or argan oil and I have no trouble with it catching onto flakes (but I also exfoliate often and moisturize immediately after). Despite the hefty price tag, I still give it a five because it works really well for me. Does what it claims with the glowing look for sure (though I don't know how?) and the slightly peachy undertone corrects and brightens my olive skintone.

EDIT 6/17/13:
Sadly I had to return it because my skin has become too light for the shade amber beige 24. I went in to exchange it for the beige 40 as that was a much better match. However when I got home, I realized it was totally different from the tester. It was very pink. They changed the formula to now have spf of 15 instead of 10, but failed to change the testers. A lot of people will be pissed to find the color is not at all the same as the tester. :/ I took three lippies off because it's actually not the same anymore, and far too pink.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by LanaAlowaidah

I get so confused with this foundation when i first used it i didnt like it at all, i used a brush and a sponge both didnt work well for me! But after a while i decided to give it a try again , and voalla using my hands this foundation is actually decent. It gives great coverage, blends well with hands. The things i dont like about it is the fragrance, its too strong for me and the color range is so limited. I would use this foundation over again not sure if i would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by bonita29

I have start this out by stating this is the most expensive foundation I have ever purchased.
It was around 55 USD and that is a lot for me.
The packaging is beautiful to look at.
The bottle is a pretty glass bottle and has a convenient pump which applies the perfect amount of product with one pump.
The color I use is shade 20.
For reference I have oily skin with a few acne spots.
The coverage is medium, but buildable.
I think it looks very nice with a minimal amount of product and just perfect with a bit of concealer.
I use the matching powder to set my makeup.
Even with the foundation and powder I still get oily throughout the day and still have to blot.
I will preface that with my skin is oily and this does not make it that way or control it.
However, that does not bother me.
The scent is faint and smells like roses, which is pleasant and makes me feel lux and fancy.
I would say the finish is semi-matte and pretty.
Also to note that this product does not make me break out, which a lot of other products do, specifically MAC!!
Despite the high price for the foundation and the powder I would repurchase both and highly recommend.
If a person is going to splurge on any high end makeup product having the perfect foundation (both color and finish) would be it.
I don't know if this HG for me, but definitely like it and honestly don't even mind the price anymore because it is THAT good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

So I bought an SA in shade BR20.

. I have sort of a hard time finding a good match for my skin tone, which is very much peaches and cream, sort of a mix of pink and yellow and most foundations tend to be one or the other. I have found my best shade match in Clinique, but I don't really care for their foundation formulations.

Once this product oxidizes, it becomes darker. Be aware of this when you buy it. It was a shade or two darker and much more obviously pink toned. I really like how it wears and feels on my skin . It was very satiny and smooth but still matte and not greasy feeling, but the color change is too much for me to repurchase.

The pump leaked a little so it was kind of annoying but other than that I really liked this product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lovelyKk

I am actually very fond of this foundation, it is lightweight, doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. The coverage is medium, but is buildable and can be full converge very easily. It is a bit too heavy for everyday use, but it is one of my favorites especially if I am going out at night and need it to last. I do not use it for daytime often, but this foundation with a primer and powder would last all day, in the California sun, working out.. All of it. Love it! Chanel foundations are really great quality. Definitely a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Gracielleanne

The first time I tried this foundation, I didn't love it, but maybe that is because I usually prefer sheer dewy foundations. I decided to give it another try for a wedding I was going to and I fell in love with it. I did a couple of things different in applying this foundation. I used Kiehl moisturizer with bare minerals skin rev and sprayed my face with Mac fix+ as a primer. I also used a damp beauty blender and stippled the foundation on my skin. I then applied bare minerals mineral veil to set the foundation. I got so many compliments that night and it photographed wonderfully. I loved the finish and it made my skin look perfect. I am a makeup junkie and have tried Ysl, Armani, Burberry, Nars, MUFE, Mac and many other drugstore brands, but Perfection Lumiere is now my new HG foundation for special occasions since it is really expensive and a medium to full coverage foundation. I will still use my Ysl Touché éclat for everyday since its lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by xxrocy

Looks flawless on. However would not use if my skin was not combination, its a bit on the dryer side.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by ShieeZhou

better than lancome 24h foundation for lasting power

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by alaras

I love my Vitalumiere Aqua. I got a sample of Perfection lumiere in matching colour with my skintone. It looked cakey as soon as I applied, settled into pores, it was a little chalky and simply did not look flawless. I was not impressed at all and I washed it off, so I don't know if it oxidizes or lasts well. But later I saw a few backstage makeup photos from Chanel and the articles said Prolumiere was used on the models. And it just looked patchy! I think even Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum is a better foundation. Sorry Chanel. I still love you.