November 27, 2014 | 1547 users online

BB Cream - Clinique - Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by HKaren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was a great product - kept my skin pretty matte all day. Only thing I didn't like is that the darkest shade was still too light for my skin. The rep tried to convince me that it matched but I bought it and tried it for a few days and just could not accept the lightness of the shade. If Clinique makes a few more darker shades I would definitely try it again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing Shade 1 for a couple of months now, and I really like it. What I was really looking for with this product was something with a reasonable SPF that would offer a good makeup base. After adventures with SPF tinted moisturisers (always seened to be greasy and melt off after an hour or so) I decided to give this a try - despite the price. It's thick and applies somewhat like a sunscreen, also taking a few minutes to settle on the skin. For a BB cream it also offers pretty good coverage. If I'm having a good skin day, a bit of concealer and bronzer and I'm good to go. On most days though I add some foundation and it does seems to go on more smoothly. I do wish this wasn't so expensive, and also offered a better shade selection, but I'd be happy to re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by nechama22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave into the BB Cream craze and bought this the other day at Sephora. I have to say, after 2 days of wearing it, I am completely hooked. I am one of those rare individuals who is extremely fair, but has yellow, not pinkish undertones, so I always have trouble finding foundations and powders that are 1 - light enough and 2 - not pink! I bought this in shade 01 and I am glad I tried it in the store first because I had I ordered it online, I would have been put off by the "pinkiness" of it. Shade 02 was way too dark for me, even though it is more yellow. I tried a smear of 01 on my face, browsed Sephora for a little bit, came back and looked at my face in the mirror, saw I didn't look like I had doused my face in calamine lotion, and decided to buy it. I could always return it, right?

I used it yesterday for the first time without moisturizer underneath because I have extremely oily skin and I didn't think the extra moisturizer under this would be a good idea. What I immediately noticed was how little product I needed. I started with very little because I figured I could always apply more - so not necessary!!! All it took to cover my entire face was one tiny little squeeze of product.

The texture is thick, like a foundation, but I was able to spread it easily with just my fingers. It probably would have been even easier had I had a foundation sponge, but it wasn't a necessity.

The coverage was excellent - it was like every red spot and flaw disappeared within seconds after applying it. I did put a little too much on my cheek, where I first began applying, but I just smoothed it out with my finger. I could have skipped concealer all together, but I have bad dark circles under my eyes, so I felt safer using it. I did feel I looked pretty pale (I usually wear powder foundations, so they don't cover as much), so I put on a little BE Warmth bronzer and Tarte Flush cheek stain - my babysitter kept telling me how good I looked :)

After a few hours, it did settle into my fine lines, but any liquid foundation I use does this since my skin is so oily. One thing I will say, I don't think this would be a great product for really dry skin - I had a small dry patch on my cheek and I could see it after a while. I think if someone with dry skin were to use this, they should just make sure to put a moisturizer under it or mix it with a moisturizer. This product seems to be more about the coverage than the moisturizing properties IMHO.

Overall, I am very pleased.
I think this is definitely worth the money because you use so little and the benefits are excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by lullaceliwen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I won't lie, I'm kinda in love with Clinique's BB cream in shade 01. I'm a very fair redhead with combo skin, but the closer I got to 30, my skin was getting really blotchy and I was consistently breaking out. Whether that was due to some skin sensitivity or laziness with my skin care routine, I don't know. Probably both; I'm always running late in the morning, so the less I have to do to look ready for the day the better off I am.

I've been using the BB cream for a month and it does almost everything that I want in one step. It's not too heavy, provides good coverage and sufficient sunscreen, has some mattifying effect, and doesn't cause breakouts. The only two problems I've had with it is that it doesn't provide enough moisture for my skin by itself, so it can settle and I would say pixelate--it almost separates into tiny dots in certain areas. I've also found that I can absolutely use too much of it in one go and end up looking mask-like, even with some serious blending. That being said, a small amount with a light moisturizer underneath does wonders and helps simplify my morning regime. And yeah, it's expensive, but I'm willing to pay for both the quality and the convenience.

Will try to update with how long the tube actually lasts and any issues that might develop with the packaging once I get down to the last dregs.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by kyl101

I have normal to dry skin. My skin didn't like this. It dried my skin out! And the color doesn't match my skin tone. This product might work for people who have oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by amanda311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product is pretty sweet. I had been using a Missha BB for nearly a year because I had yet to find anything else that set as nicely on my combo but often more on the dry side skin. It was great but the closest color to my skin, No. 23, still wasn't as exact as I hoped and needed to be de-pinked with bronzers and mixing other foundatioms in. In the last few weeks I've been using Vichy Dermablend in Nude as my friend loves it so oi figured why not...and it is awesome but tends to get dewey in some spots to the point of easy transference after a few hours. No big deal, I just swept on some powder to reset it and it looked just fine.
I went to the Clinique counter at Macy's earlier this week and asked for a sample of their BB out of curiosity. The SA gave me a very generous little pot of it and I still have most of it left after using it daily on my face and neck for 5 days. I apply it with my fingers after washing my face with a mild cleanser, depending on the day sometimes mositurizing before application sometimes not. A couple of dots is all I need and 2 is pretty much my exact skin color. It blends well but dries quickly so you have to work fast. When done the coverage is medium and the finish is matte (on me at least). Then I dab the Vichy over it if I need a little more coverage of dark marks. A dusting of shimmery blusher or bronzer (because the overall effect is so matte I usually opt for some shimmer) and I'm done.
I've realized this BB is great on its own, but makes an even better primer for the Vichy which does not get overly-dewey at all anymore nor transfers! The SA told me when I bought the full bottle today that she uses it this way too, as a primer. But the coverage is def good on its own depending on your redness/dark spots and most of mine are middle-range dark (old marks left from breakouts/ occasionally tiny burst capillaries).
The bottle will likely last a while since I use so little. The packaging could be improved with a pump but the squeeze tube is fine for me. The price is common for a BB, 30somthing bucks (I got the free gift thing also so not complaining this time :) ). A word of caution: this product may highlight dry patches if you have them. I would buy again on the condition the tube lasts a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by UTdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soooooo disappointed with this BB Cream. My mom got it first and raved about it, so I had high hopes for this product. All of the stores around me were sold out, so it took a while for me to be able to get a sample.

Color 1 is very light and very pink, which only made my pinkish skin look worse. Color 2 is more golden, but is far too dark for my pale skin. I gave Color 1 a try for two days underneath my foundation, hoping that putting foundation on top would make a difference, but it didn't. I felt like I was wearing a thick, greasy mask and I looked extremely oily by the end of the day despite having touched up with powder throughout the day.

For $37, I expected far, far more from this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried the lightest shade and the middle shade which was way too dark. So I purchased the lightest shade. I applied it after my moisturizer with a foundation brush. It blended pretty well but was a bit thicker than what I'm used to. When I was done, my skin looked sickly. I'm not sure if it would have looked better under foundation but I didn't try it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Elle_B

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. I was looking for a product that would streamline my morning routine. I have sensitive skin with rosacea and shade 2 neutralizes much of the redness. The spf is wonderful.

I'd classify this as medium coverage. Better than the tinted moisturizers I've tried. If I'm especially red for whatever reason, I'll add a light dusting of mineral makeup. Perfect for the humid climate I live in.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by GoDawgs

I am extremely picky about what I put on my face, and it is imperative that each day I wear at least spf 30 and antioxidants. I wanted one product that would provide light coverage so I could skip the foundation, antioxidants to combat aging, and a minimum of spf 30 protection (again, to protect against aging). It's difficult to find one product with all of this!

I had been using the Physicians Formula Healthy Wear tinted moisturizer, which is spf 30 and has antioxidants and great coverage, but their lightest color was still too orange on my skin.

I was soooo happy to find the Clinique BB. The shade 1 is perfect for my very fair skin. Before applying, I applied my vitamin C serum to the skin to provide a bit of moisture first, as other reviews say that the product can go on dry. I found that it went on super easy on top of my vitamin c serum and provides the perfect amount of coverage. I have slight rosacea that makes my cheeks too pink, and this covered it nicely and evened my skin tone. I applied a pressed powder on top and think my skin looks fantastic!