Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30

3.6

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50%, Octisalate 4.00%, Zinc Oxide 3.50%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titaniium Dioxide 1.1.0% water, dimethicone, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, pentylene glycol, glyceryl stearate, behenyl alcofol, trioctyldodecyl citrate, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, PEG-40 stearate, polyglyceryl -10 pentastearate, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, Hordeum vulgare (barley extract), extract d'orge, Triticum Vulgare (wheat germm extract), Laminaria saccharina extract, Linoleic Acid, Oryzanol, cholesterol, caffeine, sucrose, glycerin, Polyquaternium-51, lecithin, Sodium stearoyl lactylate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Sodium PCA, Isopropyl titanium triisostearate, Trehalose, urea, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Glycyrrhetinic acid, stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica

on 5/22/2012 3:55:00 PM

I wear Shade 02, usually a NW20 in MAC foundations, etc. I'm absolutely in love with this BB Cream. I find it unlike original asian BB creams, but this has been my solution for foundation. It's a bit thick, but it gives quite a bit of coverage. It's also quite matte with a slight shimmer, which isn't too noticeable. For my oily skin I find I don't need to powder really with this and it lasts throughout my busy school day. I'm pleased as punch.

on 5/12/2012 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i would say i am extremely disappointed with this cream. i am new to bb creams and can just find a few here in islamabad, pakistan. prior to this, i used 4u2 bb cream and etude bright bb cream and they are much much better than this crap. i bought it in shade 2. it makes my complexion look so dull. i have medium complexion and have no pimples or blemishes at al. the first day i applied it in the morning in a hurry and my skin started shedding oil instantly and in an hour my face looked cakey, even though i applied a small amount and followed up with body shop all in one base lightly to set it in. i thought perhaps i couldnt blend it properly etc. but its the same everyday. i have been using it for a week now and everyone tells me that whats wrong with my skin. i spent 5000 pak rupees to buy it, but am extremely disappointed. wont recommend it to anyone.

on 5/10/2012 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first experience with a BB cream, but so far I'M IN LOVE. I don't tend to get any zits anymore (knock on wood), and I like foundations with low coverage. Yet, tinted moisterizers make my skin oily. This is honestly my HG as of yet. Just a little bit makes my face look almost airbrushed. I do have quite a few acne scars, and this covers them all up without looking like I caked anything on. If you want to use this as a primer, it works great! I've put MAC mineralize and Chanel Teint Innocence over top, and that's how I got the airbrushed look. I even went to the Kentucky Derby wearing this alone, and after all the heat, sun and drunkenly falling asleep in the outfield, my skin still looked amazing by the end of the day, yet my mascara was everywhere. The only downfall of this product is that it only comes in three shades, and that's not realistic at all.

on 5/3/2012 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! I tried shade #2 which is a little light for me, but LOVE the way it makes my skin look. I will be buying shade #3!! Should be perfect for the Summer!

on 5/2/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I must admit that when I first purchased this product I didn't care for it. I think it was the moisturizer I was using underneath it. I have changed moisturizers and really like it now. I have oily, acne-prone, dry in places, red, sensitive skin (sounds like fun right?). This product did not add any moisture to my face as it claims. I still have to wear a moisturizer underneath, and I alternate between Olay SPF 30 and Clinique Redness solutions. I feel like this product does provide good SPF coverage. I use the Shade 2 and I have fair skin. The color is just a tiny bit too dark but I don't mind. The coverage is nice, somewhat heavy. I like the way it evens out my skintone, which is very uneven. This product lasts all day with just one touch up in the afternoon, but even if I don't touch up my makeup still looks nice. Overall this a good product. The only thing I would change would be to make it more moisturizing and have more colors available.

on 4/29/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This was a great product - kept my skin pretty matte all day. Only thing I didn't like is that the darkest shade was still too light for my skin. The rep tried to convince me that it matched but I bought it and tried it for a few days and just could not accept the lightness of the shade. If Clinique makes a few more darker shades I would definitely try it again.

on 4/29/2012 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've been wearing Shade 1 for a couple of months now, and I really like it. What I was really looking for with this product was something with a reasonable SPF that would offer a good makeup base. After adventures with SPF tinted moisturisers (always seened to be greasy and melt off after an hour or so) I decided to give this a try - despite the price. It's thick and applies somewhat like a sunscreen, also taking a few minutes to settle on the skin. For a BB cream it also offers pretty good coverage. If I'm having a good skin day, a bit of concealer and bronzer and I'm good to go. On most days though I add some foundation and it does seems to go on more smoothly. I do wish this wasn't so expensive, and also offered a better shade selection, but I'd be happy to re-purchase.

on 4/25/2012 12:26:00 PM

I gave into the BB Cream craze and bought this the other day at Sephora. I have to say, after 2 days of wearing it, I am completely hooked. I am one of those rare individuals who is extremely fair, but has yellow, not pinkish undertones, so I always have trouble finding foundations and powders that are 1 - light enough and 2 - not pink! I bought this in shade 01 and I am glad I tried it in the store first because I had I ordered it online, I would have been put off by the "pinkiness" of it. Shade 02 was way too dark for me, even though it is more yellow. I tried a smear of 01 on my face, browsed Sephora for a little bit, came back and looked at my face in the mirror, saw I didn't look like I had doused my face in calamine lotion, and decided to buy it. I could always return it, right?

I used it yesterday for the first time without moisturizer underneath because I have extremely oily skin and I didn't think the extra moisturizer under this would be a good idea. What I immediately noticed was how little product I needed. I started with very little because I figured I could always apply more - so not necessary!!! All it took to cover my entire face was one tiny little squeeze of product.

The texture is thick, like a foundation, but I was able to spread it easily with just my fingers. It probably would have been even easier had I had a foundation sponge, but it wasn't a necessity.

The coverage was excellent - it was like every red spot and flaw disappeared within seconds after applying it. I did put a little too much on my cheek, where I first began applying, but I just smoothed it out with my finger. I could have skipped concealer all together, but I have bad dark circles under my eyes, so I felt safer using it. I did feel I looked pretty pale (I usually wear powder foundations, so they don't cover as much), so I put on a little BE Warmth bronzer and Tarte Flush cheek stain - my babysitter kept telling me how good I looked :)

After a few hours, it did settle into my fine lines, but any liquid foundation I use does this since my skin is so oily. One thing I will say, I don't think this would be a great product for really dry skin - I had a small dry patch on my cheek and I could see it after a while. I think if someone with dry skin were to use this, they should just make sure to put a moisturizer under it or mix it with a moisturizer. This product seems to be more about the coverage than the moisturizing properties IMHO.

Overall, I am very pleased.
I think this is definitely worth the money because you use so little and the benefits are excellent.

I won't lie, I'm kinda in love with Clinique's BB cream in shade 01. I'm a very fair redhead with combo skin, but the closer I got to 30, my skin was getting really blotchy and I was consistently breaking out. Whether that was due to some skin sensitivity or laziness with my skin care routine, I don't know. Probably both; I'm always running late in the morning, so the less I have to do to look ready for the day the better off I am.

I've been using the BB cream for a month and it does almost everything that I want in one step. It's not too heavy, provides good coverage and sufficient sunscreen, has some mattifying effect, and doesn't cause breakouts. The only two problems I've had with it is that it doesn't provide enough moisture for my skin by itself, so it can settle and I would say pixelate--it almost separates into tiny dots in certain areas. I've also found that I can absolutely use too much of it in one go and end up looking mask-like, even with some serious blending. That being said, a small amount with a light moisturizer underneath does wonders and helps simplify my morning regime. And yeah, it's expensive, but I'm willing to pay for both the quality and the convenience.

Will try to update with how long the tube actually lasts and any issues that might develop with the packaging once I get down to the last dregs.

on 4/4/2012 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have normal to dry skin. My skin didn't like this. It dried my skin out! And the color doesn't match my skin tone. This product might work for people who have oily skin.