November 27, 2014 | 1359 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Coolaulin conditioner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2006 4:12:00 PM More reviews by DENF

This is the worst stuff I have ever used on my hair and is far worse then using nothing at all. My hair is dry thick and frizzy and I need a good conditioner to get it soft and smooth. I put this on after shampooing my hair and washed it out. It stripped every last drop of oil off of my hair and left it feeling course and actually matted it! And on top of that the stuff smells completely gross - like rancid fat. I had to put a ton of my normal conditioner in, just to get a comb through it! I am totally mystfied by claims that this can in anyway improve the condition of anyones hair unless their problem is that they are trying to remove excess oil from it. I normally have good luck with Lush products, but this stuff is going in the garbage.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2006 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Auryane

This is tendatively between 3 and 5. I might revisit my bottle in the winter, when the weather dries out my hair...but this really isn't suitable for the summer. My hair is dry at the ends (I only applied at the ends)...but it only seemed to make them greasy. Would work better for someone with year-round dry hair. I loved the smell, though...coconut, but not too overpowering. I might keep this to use as a body wash.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2006 1:07:00 PM More reviews by SugarBear75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Couldn't smell this at all, not a very good conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2006 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Wolfmaster

This conditioner is way too light for my hair and I really am not digging the smell. It does not smell very coconuty to my nose, just makes me gag. I'm going to stick with my American Cream.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Lolliebollie

Coconut conditioner. It was not what I wanted it to be. It's suitable for dry hair, but it didn't do much for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2006 5:10:00 AM More reviews by LittleGhost

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy cow! I can't believe this product has such a low rating. Well you do have to love coconut to like this product and for me, it worked great. My hair is soft and shiny and it smelled terriffic. (I have dry thick hair)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2006 3:59:00 AM More reviews by strawberry_suger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a huuuuge bottle of this with the lush christmas give-away, but I have used before. It smells like cake to me, which is fine but not particularly dreamy. I may put some vanilla essance in to cake-ify it truely! I combine with hybrid and it really helps to manage and condition my dry, processed hair without giving it that oily/slimy appearance so many conditioners do. I don't rate it for its softness factor but I love the general non-weighing downness and its the only one i've found that works so well at not doing that! would not repurchase as I have a huge bottle and after that i will rotate again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2005 10:15:00 AM More reviews by symphorosa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok...nice coconut smell...but that's about it. I have very long, wavy, dry hair, and this stuff just doesn't moisturize enough. Enough said...will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2005 8:22:00 PM More reviews by FireKittenEMT

Coolaulin has been my regular conditioner since I first tried it 6 months ago! Sure, some days I need a deeper conditioner (like after major styling or a long motorcycle ride), and I have Retread and American Cream for that. But for a great daily conditioner, you cannot beat Coolaulin. Yes, it feels like it's too light when I put it on in the shower, but that's because my hair drinks it in!

It leaves my ringlets shiny and coconut scented, and even on the days when I straighten my hair, it keeps it bouncy and healthy. I buy the gigantic bottle of it because I would hate to be out of this haircare staple. The only reason why I gave it 4 out of 5 is the lemon oil. I use Redken ShadesEQ (semipermanent) to color my hair dark brown, and this conditioner definitely contributes to it's premature lightening.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2005 1:46:00 AM More reviews by niveous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I went into a LUSH shop, the sales rep kept trying to push Coolaulin on me because I have wavy hair. She said that it made her hair soft and kept it moisturized. I brought home a medium-sized bottle because I desperately needed some conditioner. After a few weeks, I can't say that it has left my hair any worse off than it was before, but I was expecting a lot more out of this conditioner that is supposed to be very moisturizing. It functions like any other conditioner and is only marginally thicker than Veganese (despite what the sales rep told me), which I really like, thus I wouldn't buy again.