October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by General3211

I love this foundation! I almost never write reviews-because I almost always change my mind. I may have found a HG....still working with it! Im working with combo hyperpigmented (face) skin & I'm not a normal skintone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Ra07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really loving this foundation right now. I wear shade 4.1 and find the colour is perfect for me (I'm mac shade nc45 for reference) it lasts a really long time without fading or getting patchy and controls oil/shine very well, however I do wear a light dusting of powder on top to set it.
It does dry quite fast so you need to blend and work with it fairly quickly. It has a medium to buildable coverage,( it kinda seems like a mix of mac face and body and their pro long wear foundation) packaging is quite standard but Pump dispenses the right amount. Definitely becoming a fave!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by kngfrank

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a really nice product. It stays on longer than any other foundation I've tried and blends nicely into my skin. I don't think it lasts 15 hours, but I think I may touch my face a lot. I also realized I probably should try setting it with a face powder! I have normal to dry skin and I think if my skin was much drier I wouldn't be able to use this. I haven't broken out from this foundation. My two complaints are that the lightest shade is a little dark for me, and the price is pretty steep. But a little does go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Virgosbest

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is a GOD SEND! I was previously using Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC50 and loved the color on me but suffered from bad breakouts and oily breakthrough. Then one day I woke up and realized that it was my Mac that was making me have my acne flare ups. A friend recommended Smashbox to me and it is absolutely perfect. I toggled between the 4.2 and 4.1 finally deciding on the 4.1 (I have to apply it with a light hand) and I swear I have NO MORE BREAKOUTS! My beauty routine is Aveeno skin brightening face scrub, neutrogena oil free acne wash, then I use the repairing lotion (step3) from Proactiv as my moisterizer ( u can by it seperately on eBay ), then Murad mattifyer, then smashbox photo finish LIGHT primer ( I have samples from sephora for both. You dont need a lot) and dermablend cover creme as a concealer because I have dark acne marks and this really helps cover and it stays on. Last step is apply foundation with a stippling brush! After all of that, I lock it in with smashbox translucent finishing powder before applying mascara, etc. with all of this I maintain clear skin and in an 8 hour day, oily breakthrough is minimal. If I feel oily, maybe like once a day, I just take my powder brush that I used to apply my finishing powder and brush it across my tzone and I'm back to normal. With my Mac liquid foundation I would have to use that oil blotting powder at least 5 times in an 8 hour day. So This sounds like alot I know but it's a routine and I no longer have a bumpy face, just a smooth canvas to work with so it is SO WORTH IT! And this foundation helped it all!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by JuJeeMD

This is my HG foundation right now. I bought this because a friend recommended it, and initially I hated it. I tried putting it on with fingers, sponge, foundation brush, stippling brush and it was difficult to blend with not a lot of play time, streaky. I finally tried it with a moist beauty blender (stipple) and it goes on with an airbrush finish. I do set mine with various setting powders. I am combination-oily acne-prone. This does not break me out. I work 10-12 hour shifts and barely ever have to touch up my makeup when wearing this. Provides enough coverage for my acne/scars without looking cakey if applied with moist beauty blender. This does oxidize on me, so I use shade 1.2 which is second to lightest shade. I haven't used this foundation in the summer yet, so unsure how it will hold up in the summer/humidity. The packaging is nice, I like the pump and glass bottle. It is water based, so you do need to shake it up before applying. I thought the beauty blender was overpriced and overrated, but this foundation and the beauty blender were made for each other.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sarahdude9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like the pump. That's about the only positive I have to offer. Went on streaky. My mid-afternoon needed to be reapplied (so much for 15 hour wear). The color selection is very limited. I don't get what all the hype is about this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by j990123

HG foundation! I have dry skin, and every foundation that promises to be radiant looks good, but only for the first hour. I was researching and came across this foundation and took the splurge. I WAS TRULY AMAZED. It dried to a satin finish, did not further irritate any dry flakes, and did not look cakey at all! Also, it lasted the entire day! Will continue to buy this foundation!! Thanks smashbox!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kmd521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this at Sephora when I went in asking for samples. I absolutely love it. I love the coverage. I work between 9-12 hours a day with no time for touch ups and this foundation is perfect. I am in the lightest shade but I feel that if they made 1 shade lighter it would be perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by lmhamner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation is pretty good. The thing I like most about it is that it is moisturizing without making me oily. However, it seems to make my pores look really big. Other than that it looks nice on the skin but it's nothing special. This foundation is pretty expensive so I feel like there should be something more special about it. I would buy it again if it were more like $30 or something, but for this price I would not.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by 2fit2quit3456

I wish this liquid foundation provided matte coverage but it did stay on my face for at least 15 hours. I wake up very early for work every day and put on my makeup around 6 AM. No joke this stayed on almost all day until i took it off at night. It was a little bit hard removing it with my cleanser (Basic) so i needed an additional makeup remover wipe to get everything off.