November 26, 2014 | 1663 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Watt's Up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this free like most people reviewing. However, I tried it and ran out and got the full size before my ulta coupon expired. I have been looking for a highlighter and this one is perfect. It gives a nice glow, not a glitter bomb. It's my guess that those who didn't like don't know what a highlighter is or how to apply one...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this highlighter! it gives my skin a luminous glow and it doesn't look too sparkly. I gives a nice sheen. it will work well on many skin types since it more sheer. I have the mini, but i think it will last a long time since a little goes a long way. when i run out i will definitely purchase the full version

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This is a creamy highlighter that works well with my pale NC10-15 skin. It doesn't look overly shimmery or fake and instead gives a nice glow, probably because it is quite sheer when applied. It blended really well considering I expected it to be thick and powdery.

I got this for free as a birthday gift from Sephora and I wouldn't have bought it if I had to pay for it. I still wouldn't buy it again, there are only so many times I will wear a highlighter, and this will last me forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a mini version of this as my bday gift from sephora! I have to say... i've used other highlighters before but THIS one is the bomb.com!!! Other ones i've used leaves my face a glittery mess..but Benefit's "watt's up" give my skin a nice, beautiful "glow". Plus the name is beyond adorable! I'm not sure if would buy the full version of this since Benefit costs more than i'd like...but i definitely would use this again and recommend to family and friends!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I have the tiny bday gift of this highlighter and as I thought, I love it. Benefit makes amazinggggg highlighters and this did not fall short of my expectations. I think I will eventually purchase the full version but I have so many highlighters as it is.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

It's gold frost on a stick. Much better options out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product just didn't do it for me. It just sort of sat awkwardly on my face and it didn't blend at all. Also, the color barely showed up on my skin and it didn't add any luminosity. It also felt greasy and heavy on my skin. I've used much better highlighters than this one that were half the price. Definitely not worth the money. I do give Benefit props for the catchy name and the cute packaging. It's easy to apply, I just wish it had been better quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by blengs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Like many other reviewers, I received a mini of this product as part of the 2013 Sephora birthday gift. I'm definitely not a fan. First of all, when I opened it, the highlighter stick had broken at its base (like a lipstick does when you push it up too far). I don't know how that's possible considering I'd never even opened it. In any case, I used it by pushing it up just slightly so it didn't move around too much.

I've had great luck with other highlighters (specifically the E.L.F. Studio Shimmer Palette and Prescriptives Magic), so I expected this to sink into the skin slightly and blend seamlessly like they did. Instead, the consistency was awkward and just sat on my skin. the line between it and my natural skin tone seemed obvious, not smooth, even though as a whole the formula was far too sheer. I can barely see it on my skin, and what I do see I don't like. No thank you!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've wanted to try a highlighter for a while. It's just a great summer product. Don't let people tell you that you can't get away with highlighting because you're too fair! Look at Leighton Meester (Blair from Gossip Girl) as an example. Good highlighters simply light up the face to make it look like the sun is always shining on you. :)

I bought a Physician's Formula highlighter (I believe it was "Pearl"), and it acted more like a bronzer than it did a highlighter on my fair skin. Benefit's Watts Up is a luxurious, creamy highlighting stick that lights up your face without any tacky sparkle. It looks very natural, feels great on the skin, and come on . . . it's called "Watts Up." Awesome. The packaging is adorable too. Pretty expensive. I don't usually pay $30 for any makeup product, but I'd say this is close to worth it. If you have a few extra bucks, spend it on some shine for your face.

If you're wondering how to apply it--I use it down the middle of my forehead to the tip of my nose, on the inner corners of my eyes, under my eyebrows and down the middle of my eyelid, at the tip of my chin, and in a Nike swoosh shape from under the eyes to across the cheekbones to the temples. Brings out that "triangle of light".

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by expatricia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great color. Easy to blend. Perfect for pale complexions who don't want to look like a sparkly styro-foam ball. Friend gave me her mini version from Sephora. I avoid the sun and am incredibly pale, so bronzers look muddy and fake on me. This gives me the subtle highlights and a dewy glow that looks healthier on pale redheads in the summer. The tone is so forgiving I can apply the stick directly to the tops of my cheek bones, brow bones and top of the peak of my lips and dab to blend with my fingers. Great to add to the middle of my lips or eyelids, inside eye corners, etc. to get a fuller, brighter look. No problems with my sensitive skin. No "Who Had A Fight With Her Highlighter?" look. Haven't found a blush tone it clashes with, but I stick to peaches and warm rosy tones. Staying power is good.

My only complaint is that the stick goes on so sheer, it requires so much product as to make it an extremely expensive hightlighter. I use a light hand with makeup, so I suspect this runs out quickly unless used on a darker skin tone.