December 20, 2014 | 944 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by SweetestCandy404

Kinda expensive

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by jennaryan10

I really liked this product in store (Sephora) especially since the lady at the store said it would add moisture to dry spots and dry out oily spots. So I needed a new foundation and bought it. It was a bit pricey at 49$ but if it was going to work that's alright. I bought it and when I got home I realized it was clinging to my dry spots and making them look worse than they were. I tried it with 2 different primers;
1. may have been the primer but the foundation looked like flakes all over my face. I had to wash it off and start over.
2. it felt like it never dried, which is weird since it dried out my face so much.
I have had this product for a week and tried every way I could think of to make it apply nicer and it just doesn't work for me. I think it's going to be returned.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by tC_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for a week so far and I'm pretty happy with it. My previous foundation was MAC Studio Fix Fluid but I wanted something more natural that wouldn't clog my pores so much. I read a lot of reviews and it seems that Tarte's Amazonian clay is good for acne-prone skin, as in it wouldn't irritate it. I'm also an oil slick and love Tarte's other products so figured I'd give it a try.

Pros: large color selection, good coverage, no scent, oil-free, no parabens, nice packaging and you get a lot of product, good oil-control and doesn't make me break out or oxidize

Cons: a tad pricey than what I'm accustomed to paying for foundations, hard to layer without getting cakey, coverage isn't as full as I'd like it to be, can accentuate flakey skin so definitely exfoliate and moisturize well prior to application

I apply this foundation with my beautyblender and I can get it to look very natural. I still need concealer to cover up old blemish scars but that's with any foundation. Overall, my favorite part is the wide range of shades. It's hard for me to find a yellow-based foundation and most tend to turn orange or pink on me throughout the day. For reference, I'm NC 30 in MAC and I wear Tarte's Medium Sand. It's a perfect match.

EDIT: I ended up returning this foundation. I liked it at first but after a week, felt it was too drying for my skin (even though I'm super oily). It sucked all of the moisture out of my skin and would just sit on top. Furthermore, it's hard to layer because it will look extremely cakey. I also feel for the price, the coverage should be better. I'm using MUFE HD foundation and liking it much better.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ok, so I was put off a little bit by this foundations texture. But, it really is nice. Really great coverage but it doesnt feel like I have lots of product on my face.

I bought this in light, and it matches me well. (Im a nc15) I have applied with my fingers, a flat top brush, and also with my knock off beauty blender (real techniques sponge) all ways it looked wonderful. But my personal fav was with my brush. I plan on repurchasing this off qvc because its the same price ($38) and you g re t the flawless face brush with it!

It gives a flawless look, not too dewy, not too matte. I hate really matte foundations, I feel like they look powdery, cakey, and just fake. So yes, I'd repurchase
pros:
beautiful coverage
Great texture/feel on the skin
really natural look

cons:
pricey

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by PerfumeShoesPolishBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Completely worth every penny! I used this almost every day for six months (1 tube)!!! Not impervious to oily skin but a fabulous, well blending product that is a superb value!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by mayag719

I love this. I first bought the airbrush powder version over the summer, recommended to me buy the sales girl after I did the Sephora color IQ. I needed a little bit lighter color for the winter, so I decided to try the liquid formula (I prefer liquid/creams over powders for the winter). I'm using this now in "Medium Sand", and I love it. I have oily-combination sensitive skin, and it works great. It doesn't break me out and has great staying powder. You should definitely buy the brush that comes with it (or at least use a stippling brush), and you'll be able to get great coverage without using too much at once.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by pinkgirrl12

I work at Ulta so I literally try every foundation there because I'm in search for the perfect one for me, I put it on and it looked great! the texture was great it had no smell and was paraben free which I LOVE. so I bought it. through the day I would touch my face and it would come off.. transfers on clothes and doesn't really last 12hours. of course by the end of the day it was alright i always look dewy or oily which I didn't really like. I had high hopes for it and it didn't pull through. if I don't find a better foundation that looks better then this i would probably buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by sunblair99

Iam not a fan of the price... But it's well worth it!! I have problem skin and the coverage is awesome!! A little goes a long way. I've been using for over a yr now.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by leyash28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So far I am really liking this foundation it is full coverage and I have alot of acne scars to cover so when I put this on it gives me that clear complexion look. I use primers underneath, I do have to blot at most twice a day but it stays put from the time I put it on 6:30 am until I wash it off around 8pm. I am using for the winter time right now I hope I can wear it in the summer as well and there is a shade that matches me. I am using light sand right now. I have combination acne prone skin. It's a cream foundation I use a flat headed kabiki brush to apply it and I just stipple it all over my face and down my jaw-line to my neck. Lovin Tarte right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by msimmons0708

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation (I also love the new liquid one that Tarte just released) I love the coverage and finish of this and I do believe there is a trick to it...I tried applying it with a brush...did not work well for me, left a heavy feel and I got oily. So I went old school and applied with my fingers and viola, perfect. Using my fingers made it melt into my skin, I really love this. It is travel friendly and cute packaging and it has a semi matte finish which in a world full of shimmery products it is a refreshing find. I hope they never discontinue this.