Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this foundation, however, I feel like I cant wear it every day or my oily acne prone skin will get clogged. It has a light whipped texture and provides good coverage.

on 9/4/2014 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation I have oily acne prone skin and honestly this stuff is so nice. Excellent coverage light weight foam touch and goes on effortlessly used coverfx for years. I have tried tons of expensive concealers foundations. With this I dont even need concealer. Lastly I rearly break out thanks to this miracle. Love!

on 9/2/2014 9:54:00 AM

I have the weirdest skin - oily t-zone, dry around my mouth & chin, normal on my cheeks and blemish prone all over. I'd been using BM foundation for forever and felt just okay about it, I really just kept using it out of convienence rather than because I really liked it. While waiting for a hair appointment, I decided to browse the local Sephora and found this foundation. Everyone raves about it so I figured I'd try it. I tried the sample in the store, liked it enough to purchase and then actually used it this morning. I get to work at 630AM and it never fails that by 9AM I can see the makeup sitting on top of my forhead and I'm all oily. However, this morning upon my usual inspection, I found that my makeup still looks natural, I'm not oily at all, and I actually look pleasant - which is a huge shocker with my usual lack of sleep. I used this foundation over Tarte's brightening primer and I think I've found a new makeup routine!

on 8/31/2014 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this a lot. I'm pretty hard to please, foundation wise, and while this is not my HG, I definitely like it. It has an interesting, mousse-like texture, which gives a semi-matte finish. I do have dry skin, so I need to make sure I exfoliate and prime before this, but that's pretty much true for all foundations. I found a pretty perfect match in light-medium beige, which is nice for me because I almost never find foundations that aren't too yellow or orange for me, especially in the summer when I'm a little darker. I'm not pink, exactly, more of a... beige, I guess. :) This is medium to full coverage. I like to put it on with my fingers or the Japonesque BB/CC brush. This doesn't need a setting powder, and doesn't highlight pores or lines. Gives a nice, natural, even finish. Nice for daily wear. Oh, I think the packaging is cute and useful, and the price is a little high but you get nearly 2oz which is a lot more than most foundations.

on 8/26/2014 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this foundation because it has such good ingredients! I have very sensitive skin prone to acne break outs, and my face becomes quite oily throughout the day and products tend to oxidise on me quite badly. This foundation has been great in that it has not broken me out AT ALL which is fantastic but it does not last long at all! And a little bit does not go a long way. I have gone through so much of it, using it most days for 1 month and its almost gone! So it is great for sensitive skin, but it definitely does not last 12 hours. I have tried using it with a mattifying primer and this doesn't seem to help either.

Overall, the foundation is very expensive ($54AUD) and although it is great for sensitive skin, it is not worth the price because a) it doesn't last long at all and b) it is terrible for oily skin. I'm going to be on the lookout for a new foundation that will keep my oily sections at bay, but won't break me out.

on 8/23/2014 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

In short:
Run away if you have oily skin or dry skin!
It becomes a mud in your oily zones.
It catches on all your dry skin and makes them look more prominent.
I never seen a foundation break me out so badly. It really enters the pores and clogs them.
Coverage is ok. It is not full coverage unless you really want your face look like it has a bunch of CLAY on top of it.
The selection of shades is small. And, even id you're a perfect color match, it simply does not look like skin.
Run from it. Go for Urban Decay (for light-to medium coverage) or Kat Von D (for light weight full coverage).

on 8/14/2014 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I decided to go for a change from my usual Revlon Colorstay whipped foundation and bought this pricey higher end foundation. I've heard lots of great things about this stuff, full coverage and super lasting... BULLSHIT. It was such a big mistake I've made. I had such high expectations for it and tried loving it but I just can't. I slabbed on this foundation layers and layers, trying to achieve that "full coverage" that so many girls raved about. NO. It doesn't give you a full coverage. Medium, at best. As a girl living in Singapore AND having oily skin, it's really difficult to find a foundation that'd hold up for the whole day. Needless to say, this foundation came sliding off my face in about 4 hour's time. I'd say my Revlon did a better job. The only good thing about this foundation is that it doesn't look cakey no matter how much I layer it.

on 8/14/2014 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my new HG. Usually liquid foundations break me out (I have tried Lancôme, Chanel, stila, every drug store brand) but this one did not! It is very full coverage too, but doesn't sit heavy on my face. Overall great product and although pricey, a little product will go a long way!

This cost 13 times as much as my Rimmel foundation so I really tried to love it. The color match (Light/medium sand) was lovely for my yellow toned skin, but it migrated into wrinkles I didn't know I had, pooled in pores, crept into crevices... Not pretty! I tried different primers, no primer, powders, etc. and couldn't make this wear well. My mom loves it on her dry skin though.

on 8/14/2014 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So out of all the products I have tried in the last year, this was definitely the one that I was most excited to try. I have heard nothing but positive things about this over and over again. I love Tarte make up and this foundation sounded perfect for me. I have combination skin, which can get a little oily but nothing too dramatic, and I love long wearing, high coverage foundation (HG is Revlon Colorstay Whipped). So when Tarte had a 40% off sale online, I went for it. I usually don't tend to go for high end foundations because it's hard to justify spending so much as I'm a a student. However, as this is pretty much on par in terms of price point with other luxury foundations, it's 50ml (1.7 oz) of product versus the standard 30ml (1 oz) of most foundations. Unforunately when I applied it I realized why there was so much more product for the same price. This stuff is quite thick and doesn't spread very easily so I feel like I have to use alot to get it to cover. However, that being siad, I love the finish when it is properly blended. I have never had a foundation match me so well which was incredibly surprising since I ordered online without trying it (for reference I'm NC20 in Mac and got Light Sand in Tarte). And it makes my skin look better than any other foundation while still looking super natural. with a flawless satin finish. Well, for the first hour or so anyways. Unfortunately that's where my love for this product ends. I have no idea how Tarte can claim this as a '12 hour' foundation. Like I said, my skin is on the oiler side, but I've only tried one or two other foundations that wore so poorly on me. I can get about 4 hours wear out of this and even this is starts to look yucky. It settles into pores like no other, slings to dry patches, and makes me quite oily. Setting it with a powder didn't do much for me either sadly. So I would likely not purchase this product again as I can only wear it on the few days where I'm only out for a few hours. And for me, the price isnt worth it no matter how good it looks if it doesn hold up. Wanted to love this so badly but it just didn't work. If you don't have an oily t-zone, this product is absoluely amazing and well worth it if you can get it to hold up. I'd suggest to anyone interedted in this to try a sample and wear it for the day before purchasing. Bevause this could be a five star product if it didn't claim to wear for 12 hours as it lives up to everything else.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom