October 24, 2014 | 1803 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Flakiisz1o0

Pros: I love the mascara it makes my eyelashes look very full and full of volume. When I layer the mascara it does not clump at all! It layers pretty nicely and the more I layer the more I get the false lash effect. I am very lazy and always skip curling my lashes, and with this mascara I don't need to curl them because I get a curled effect. Love it!

Cons:It flakes sometimes when applying it so I have to just brush it off with my powder brush. Throughout the day I also notice some flaking. It is also not very lasting because by the end of the day, my lashes do not look as curled as they did when first applied.
For more product reviews please visit flakaliciouss.blogspot.com

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This had potential. The shape of the wand separates my lashes nicely and it doesn't seem to clump much when applied. Unfortunately, after about 3-4 hours of wear, it flakes off. I end up with black specks under my eyes and it falls in my eyes, making them sting and water. It also has a noticeable smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by holbarz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

More than anything, it smells awful and it's a strong smell too. Also it clumps and doesn't do much to curl the lashes. I have had cheaper mascaras that have worked much better. For just under £8, it was a real rip off.

Would I buy it again, NO WAY.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by aeb5042

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the brush applicator in this mascara; however I donít think it fits well with the formula. The formula seems to cause major clumping and smells horrendous. I have a few lashes that are just growing in, and this mascara does not blend them in, only makes the short lashes more noticeable. Donít let the clever marketing of this product fool you!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic drugstore mascara. Definetly my fave one by Maybelline (I have a few others). This is the one I find myself reaching for quite often. It doesn't give me racoon eyes, it's easy to apply. Because the brush is bends in all the right places. You can basically shape your lashes up and out with this brush. It doesn't exactly make them flare or fan out but it didn't give me stick straight lashes either. i wasn't expecting flared out feathery lashes like the models have in the Maybelline ads. It gives me volume but is only mediocre for length. My lashes are long to begin with but this did help increase the curl and volume in my straight lashes when I curled them.
This mascara is easily buildable, too. I can apply more than 2 coats and it looks dramatic enough without looking like a drag queen. It's a drier mascara (which I like) and holds the curl very well, even after having it on for more than 8 hours it's still holding the curl. No flakes, minimal fall out.
It does have a slight smell (like roses?) but it didn't aggrevate my sensitive eyes.I really wish companies would do away with having a scent to their mascaras!? whats the point!??
I had purchashed the Falsies satin black mascara before and decided to buy this one instead after the satin black one dried out quickly. I have to say I like this version a lot better.
I find myself reaching for this mascara when I need to add a bit of volume/ drama to regular mascaras.
It didn't give me false looking lashes but it sure beats a lot of the more expensive brands I have tried that claim to give the false look -- Benefit's They're Real.

If you just want a mascara that is easy to apply and gives you volume, hold and curl without spending tons of money, give this one a try. You may become addicted to the Volum Express mascaras like I have!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by prplepolkadotz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, I LOVE Falsies Volume Express (blue writing).. I ran out, and had my mom run to Walgreens to get me more, she accidentally got this mascara instead.. Falsies Volume Express Flared. I figured well, It couldn't be bad because its falsies! Well... no. The brush is completley different..its bigger and bulkier so its awkward trying to apply to the bottom lashes. I just feel it doesnt volumize well like the original falsies volume express. I switched the brush from my other Falsies into my new falsies flared. Hoping that makes a difference. Other than that, I'll be sticking to my HG original falsies.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Tigerlily256

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about a year I have tried higher and mascara for volume and seems for the price this is the best so far. But I will continue to search for even a better one but so far this is the best.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

As always, cute packaging. this was actually my first maybelline mascara, and i had high hopes since like everyone had been raving about the falsies and the flared thing sounded pretty cool. but honestly, i hated it. i think if youre just gonna apply it like a regular mascara it works alright, but for me it was that kind of mascara and makes your lashes look thicker by sticking them together. if you follow the instructions to flare your lashes, it makes them look super weird and stiff and sticks them together. plus, this mascara has TONS of fallout. after a few hours i would have these black specks on my face. this stuff clumps on me all the time! i did like how black it was though. the only time i really use this is after i apply my mega plush as a top coat to make my lashes look darker, but i dont do the whole flare thing anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Dauntlless

Very cute packaging!

I really like the pigment of black in this, it makes your eyes pop!

My only critique is that it tends to flake halfway through the day.

I prefer mega plush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Fantastic. I want volume and this creates it with just one coat, but I always apply more! No smudging, no flaking. Great mascara.