October 2, 2014 | 1572 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Perfection Volumizing Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by gr8t123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought covergirl lash perfection mascara in black brown. The color was too intense and fake for me. It also didn't add any volume to my lashes. It actually made my lashes look thin. However, it did lengthen my lashes. That was a surprise. I now use Buxom lash mascara. I really like it. It adds volume and length, but looks natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- no clumping
    - no smudging/flaking
    - volume
    - defines/separates
    - holds curl

CONS

- a little more volume would make this perfect

COMMENTS

Love this mascara. It gives such clean, defined lashes that look natural. The volume it gives is acceptable - not too little or so much that they look fake. I don't apply more than two coats, so perhaps one more would give some major lashes who knows. Other than that, really great mascara for my thin lashes.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by chongster

I wasn't expecting much from this mascara. It's blown me away! I've tried Lash Exact, Exact Eyelights, Lashblast Fusion, Lash Exact Volume, Fantastic Lash (I think it's called)... at any rate, quite a few CG mascaras. I like that their formulas are a bit on the drier side, but always liked Maybelline brushes more.

That being said, the brush for Lash Perfection is like the ones in the Exact line (i.e. plastic, tapered, etc) and is slightly smaller than Lash Exact Volume... yet packs so much more volume!! And length! My lashes are defined, long and full. Not dramatic, but I have a feeling I could build it up to dramatic if I felt like it. No clumping. A bit of flaking/smudging at the end of the day, but I also have suuuper oily skin so "end of the day" flakes/smudges are nothing new/not a deal breaker for me.

All in all, I had just convinced myself to try a high end mascara (I experiment with mascaras a lot, so I generally stick to drugstore), before purchasing this on impulse. This has definitely become a staple in my make-up bag! I think I'll use the $$ I saved from buying a high end mascara for something else, because I'm not looking for another mascara after finding this gem. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been a long time fan of CG mascaras, Super Thick Lash has been a makeup staple on an off (more on than off!) for the past 20 years. I stray, but always come back, so I don't even know why I keep straying for the new "alluring" mascaras when I come crawling back to my go to, CG.

Max Factor Lash Perfection was another one of my faves, and since we can no longer get MF in stores (totally stinks!) I decided to try this as the two companies are affiliated. Really like CG Lash Perfection, it is very, very similar to the Max Factor formula. Nice lashes, full, not clumpy or spider looking, and not loaded with fibers, which I cannot stand in some of the newer mascaras that are coming out now. The only complaint I have about this is that the smallest drop of water, and the formula runs. I don't like waterproof, so I generally don't wear it. But, other than that , this does not smudge or flake, and doesn't give panda eyes either. I have oily eyelids (really annoying for eye makeup) and I don't get any smears or infamous eyelid crease mascara smudges that some leave behind for those of us with oily eye lids.

Will repurchase, in addition to my Super Thick Lash and Professional in the blue tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 5:03:00 AM More reviews by 9SilentCemeteryScreams

I'm a pretty big fan of all the other CoverGirl Lash Blast mascaras, so I thought that there's no harm in trying this one out. The first few times I tried it, it seemed to have a really wet consistency to it, making my lashes look more spider like than full and volumous. I seriously came close to returning it, despite how much I really wanted to like the product. I'm so happy I gave it another chance and didn't return it. I stopped using it for a while and used other mascaras I have in the meantime. By the time I used it again, it was more on the dry side and I find that it works a lot better this way. Weird, but true. When there is less product in the tube and dried out a little, it gives my lashes the big volume and separation I'm looking for. Now I love it and use it almost everyday. When I'm in the mood to wear a different mascara, I'll wear that one on my top lashes and the Lash Perfection on my bottom lashes, just cause of the fact that I can't go a day without it. Totally buy again. ^_^
    On another note, I gave this mascara a 4 just because it didn't work for me right away. I had to wait till it dried out a little before it could work for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Not impressed. CGLB Volume & Length are HG for me, but I branched out and tried something new. This mascara does absolutely nothing for my lashes. No volume or length. It barely separates or darkens them. Really disappointed. Only gave it a 2 because it works OK as a layering mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by tia84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cover Girl is my go to mascara brand. I have tried sooo many mascaras..high end, low end, you name it. From the infamous DiorShow, to all the Lancome ones, MAC, Chanel etc.. and this Lash Perfection is my holy grail, never fail mascara. I should also mention that I am a big fan of the original Lash Blast but only if I use a primer or layer it with another ( like this one I'm reviewing). The brush is the plastic type but it's pretty dense (unlike the horrible bendy maybelline ones). It's definitely not as big as the Lash Blast brush but it tapers off at the end like the lash blast does. It does what it claims, volumizes BUT it also gives length like no other and holds a curl pretty damn good. I get so many compliments on my lashes when I wear this. Just today my friend was like "are you wearing fake eye lashes" lol...seriously and my lashes are on the normal side without mascara, not overly long or thick. I recently obtained a sample of Chanel's Intimidable Intense (or however you spell it) which is a fantastic mascara...definitely a 4 or 5 star...BUT the lash perfection is identical, maybe even better. The brush and formula are almost exactly alike! You guys should really try this. I should also mention that I normally curl my lashes and use a mascara primer but I do go without primer sometimes (the Dior Lash Serum in the white tube) and it's still an awesome mascara....hth :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by AmbiRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ironically enough, I ALWAYS use CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion.. ALWAYS!! I have naturally full lashes... I recently had some lash extensions added and took them off yesterday. I dont usually like how the fake lashes make my real lashes look after they come off, they seem dry and short and VERY scarce, and I always have to wait for them to grow back fully...... ;(

My neighborhood drug store was out of my usual mascara so I picked this one up because it said "NEW".. well OH BOY!!! My lashes look amazing.... like nothing has changed. This made my little scarce lashes look like a KARDASHIAN!! I will be using this until my lashes grow back fully from the extensions. The brush seems to grab EVERY single hair and Pull, pull, pull it out and extend extend and extend and plump plump plump..... We Women Love that! this is the GO TO mascara for miracles.. for me.. for NOW!!!!!!!

Im almost on the gate about going back to FUSION because if these are the results now... I can only imagine the results when my lashes grow back to NORMAL :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by stardust5656

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this mascara. Funny story on how we met too. I was running late one morning, and didnt have time to do my eye makeup. I swore I packed my mascara, but alas! It was nowhere to be found. I could swing by my house without being late for school, so i texted my friend to bring hers with her. Well, she did, and at first glance "Oh, covergirl." ( I usually prefer maybelline, because after a 'meh' experience with Last Blast Volume, which was supposedly their best mascara, I thought ' The others must be just terrible then! ' WRONG!) Also, its not exactly eye candy, persay. Anyway, I also didn't curl my lashes, which is a must for me, because theyre sooo straight.
    First swipe: Oh, its okay, but I don't think we'll rendezvous again.
    Second swipe: OMG! I'm in love!
    Makes my short stubby lashes like Kim K's. Doesn't flake ever (13+ hrs w/a nap), and though it comes off easily in water, I've played an entire basketball game w/o it running or anything of the sort. Needless to say, this is my go to mascara. Cheap, amazing, and the best I've ever had :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by dramaqueen77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I just recently bought this mascara at my local drugstore,and I must say I am pretty impressed. I switched from L'Oreal Voluminous, which I found much too over the top for my fair skin and blonde eyelashes. This mascara gives me a very natural look, I find that it sometimes will clump my lashes together, I'll run a lashbrush them them and it will flake a little. Overall one of the best drugstore mascara I've used :)