April 20, 2014 | 1697 users online

Treatments - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by penguinbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this product! First off let me just point out that a few reviewers here are perhaps using the product incorrectly. As explained to me by the Counter manger who also had her EL rep by her side (I guess she was there for a visit) that you use this serum at night after ANR (if you use it) and before moisturizer which mines happens to be Daywear. In the morning you skip the ANR step. After 12 weeks (the initial boost) you will only use this serum in the day time and not at night.

As for my results, I saw great results in one week my skin was definitely more radiant and now after 3 weeks my freckles are lighten pass acne marks are almost gone and my forehead and cheek now match! Amazing product and totally change my skin for the better!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by leah8808

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Went to the EL counter to get Advanced Night Repair but was talked into this by the saleswoman. I have extremely sensitive skin with rosacea which I explained to her. I liked the texture and scent, but after a week of using it, my pores began to get clogged and my rosacea bumps started appearing. I had to return it and exchanged it for ANR.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by catspaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this with some reluctance...but all I can say is wonderful. It is the heat of summer here, with high humidity, and yet this serum sinks right in to my combination skin, and within 10 days I have seen a big difference. The sun spots have lightened only a bit, but the redness and some of the old acne scars have diminished considerably. In addition, my skin is smooth and some of my finer wrinkles have become less obvious. Pleasantly surprised, and I will certainly continue to use this>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by stelladream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually a great serum. This serum is not to slather over the face. use it in moderation. every other day or even once a week! less is more with this product. use it over your troubled areas.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Chanelluv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this product. I have a few red splotches on my face . I am fair skinned with a pink undertone. I used this product as directed it made my face as slick as a oil slick and it broke me out. I will not buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by flauntit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is. This product promised so much but really they are empty promises.

I'll admit I only used about 4-5 weeks and maybe I need to use it much longer for the desired results, but what I see so far is nothing to brag about. When swatched on my hand, I saw beautiful glow it created. It makes your skin look luminous alright. For a very short time! It's quite temporary, in an hour or two there is no trace of glow left in my opinion. It reduces red skin a little bit. I used to have quite red skin, possibly rosacea I'm not sure. But my skin looked more irritated on my cheeks a year ago than it does now. The redness has calmed down. But I credit that more to my choices of skincare over this product. It helps a little bit but that's it, if you have severe redness this won't work wonders. My pores don't really shrink (which I don't really expect most products to do anyway...) and I can't say much for lines...overall it makes my skin feel smooth but not super hydrated like a moisturizer would provide. My acne scars weren't really reduced or lightened by using this. I did have quite an acne break out on my jaw, but I don't know if it was because of this or my tinted moisturizer.

It just proved to be an extra step added in my skincare. It made my skin feel nice but was it worth paying over $60 for 1 oz of an slightly mediocre product? ...Nah. It was a nice experience and the product does have very elegant and sleek packaging, but I will most likely not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

If I use this in the morning my face looks greasy so I've tended to use it in the evening instead (and I have normal/dry mature skin to begin with). It's OK and there was a smooth clearness to my skin when I first started using it but then I developed a spot right on my cheek...
I reckon it might work really well for someone with drier skin than mine, but I'm sticking to my Perfectionist CP serum which I find awesome.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedannie

I got a two-week sample of this and had amazing hopes for it.
Broke.me.out. BADLY.
Back to Idealist Pore Minimizer which for me is the perfect primer.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by prettylights

I was really hoping this would work for me because I have fair skin prone to breakouts around 'that time' and the spots take FOREVER to fade from my skin. I have recently switched to all-natural skin care with great results, so I was a little worried to try this as the ingredients aren't all natural but I gave it a shot anyway. For the first few days I really liked it and it did give me a healthy glow. When I woke up the in the morning I thought my skin tone looked great, very even and healthy, and my pores did appear smaller. It worked well under makeup and gave a subtle brightening effect although the amount of shimmer was a bit alarming at first. However, after about a week I started getting more and more pimples and blocked pores, including an acne cyst on my cheek which I very rarely get. I figured it was just because I was camping the week before and not doing my regular skin care routine so I kept using it, but after about 2 weeks of waking up almost daily to a new blemish I had enough and stopped using it. It felt like a vicious cycle - the product was causing the very red marks from acne that I was trying to get rid of. The rest of my skin around the blemishes looked really even and radiant though, and I do think it helped fade the spots a bit more quickly than normal but I have stopped using it and gone back to my all-natural routine. Since I stopped, I haven't had any more breakouts and my pores have cleared up. I guess I'd say if you are not sensitive/prone to breakouts it should work great, but if you are sensitive it may cause blemishes.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by njl82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I REALLY wanted to like this product. :( The EL lady told me I shouldn't be using my ANR twice a day (I did this as Idealist and other such serums keep breaking me out). So I decided to try this. I was assured it was lighter than the original Idealist and was less likely to break me out. Well I liked the way it felt on my skin, and how it made it look. Idealist would break me out within 2 day of use. This, I used for a month. But started getting more and more spots (which my sensitive skin is very prone to) and so many blackheads!! I've stopped using, and given it to my mom (who loves it btw). A week and half later (and a couple of face masks) my skin is starting to look less clogged. Think I will stick to my ANR for day use.