October 22, 2014 | 1336 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by ivana89

I must admit this product resulted in some breakouts at the beginning. I even got acne spots on my cheeks after a few uses (weird because I usually never ever get acne spots on my cheeks). I carried on using this product hoping it wouldn't turn out that bad afterall. At some point (approx 2 weeks later) it stopped breaking me out, and soothed alot of vicious acne marks. This product also beautifies my make-up so I will not stop using it. I say skin needs time to adapt to the product, as it may be a tad bit harsh at first.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by caartist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first 1 star Estee Lauder product. I am shocked as you probably are, given I am such a big EL fan. I hardly ever breakout thanks to good skincare routine + Clarisonic. Within 1 day of using this, I started to break out and the more days I used, the worst it got. I counted over 24 breakouts on my forehead after just 5 days, the stress of it probably brought out more breakouts. Before someone tell me I need to moisturize - yes I do, ANR and all... I stopped using the product and within 1 day, the break out calmed down. Within a week, it's almost cleared. Stupid me, started to use this again, and boy another round of 2 dozen breakouts within a week. Just like ppl said, I am aways in a oil slick when I have this one, I have no idea why.

I noticed that it did very slightly improve some spots I have. However, just like another reviewer said, this product creates a lot of breakouts, so it can then improve it?!?!?!

Also, while on this product, I've noticed a ton of clogged pores and explosive increase in blackheads.. This product does creates a smooth surface on your skin like every othe silicone oil based product but this one clogs pore more than anything I have used.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by missamyyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a free 10 day sample of this product from The Bay and it is absolutely worth every penny. I went out and bought one right when my sample was empty.

I suffer from some red spots from old acne, and when they are irritated, they get more visible. Because of this, I wear foundation every day (SKINN Cosmetics Extreme Perfect Foundation, now THAT'S a good foundation if you're looking for full coverage that isn't cakey).

Anyways, I have been using this for less than a month, and I haven't worn foundation this entire weekend, there is just no need. I usually won't write reviews unless something is out-of-this-world good, and this, is definitely the miracle I've been looking for. I absolutely cannot believe how good this works.

At around $75 for the 1 oz bottle and $100 for the larger size (Canadian $$), it is a little pricey but if it works on everyone like it's been working on me, its definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by penguinbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this product! First off let me just point out that a few reviewers here are perhaps using the product incorrectly. As explained to me by the Counter manger who also had her EL rep by her side (I guess she was there for a visit) that you use this serum at night after ANR (if you use it) and before moisturizer which mines happens to be Daywear. In the morning you skip the ANR step. After 12 weeks (the initial boost) you will only use this serum in the day time and not at night.

As for my results, I saw great results in one week my skin was definitely more radiant and now after 3 weeks my freckles are lighten pass acne marks are almost gone and my forehead and cheek now match! Amazing product and totally change my skin for the better!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by leah8808

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Went to the EL counter to get Advanced Night Repair but was talked into this by the saleswoman. I have extremely sensitive skin with rosacea which I explained to her. I liked the texture and scent, but after a week of using it, my pores began to get clogged and my rosacea bumps started appearing. I had to return it and exchanged it for ANR.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by catspaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this with some reluctance...but all I can say is wonderful. It is the heat of summer here, with high humidity, and yet this serum sinks right in to my combination skin, and within 10 days I have seen a big difference. The sun spots have lightened only a bit, but the redness and some of the old acne scars have diminished considerably. In addition, my skin is smooth and some of my finer wrinkles have become less obvious. Pleasantly surprised, and I will certainly continue to use this>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by stelladream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is actually a great serum. This serum is not to slather over the face. use it in moderation. every other day or even once a week! less is more with this product. use it over your troubled areas.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Chanelluv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this product. I have a few red splotches on my face . I am fair skinned with a pink undertone. I used this product as directed it made my face as slick as a oil slick and it broke me out. I will not buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:51:00 PM More reviews by flauntit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is. This product promised so much but really they are empty promises.

I'll admit I only used about 4-5 weeks and maybe I need to use it much longer for the desired results, but what I see so far is nothing to brag about. When swatched on my hand, I saw beautiful glow it created. It makes your skin look luminous alright. For a very short time! It's quite temporary, in an hour or two there is no trace of glow left in my opinion. It reduces red skin a little bit. I used to have quite red skin, possibly rosacea I'm not sure. But my skin looked more irritated on my cheeks a year ago than it does now. The redness has calmed down. But I credit that more to my choices of skincare over this product. It helps a little bit but that's it, if you have severe redness this won't work wonders. My pores don't really shrink (which I don't really expect most products to do anyway...) and I can't say much for lines...overall it makes my skin feel smooth but not super hydrated like a moisturizer would provide. My acne scars weren't really reduced or lightened by using this. I did have quite an acne break out on my jaw, but I don't know if it was because of this or my tinted moisturizer.

It just proved to be an extra step added in my skincare. It made my skin feel nice but was it worth paying over $60 for 1 oz of an slightly mediocre product? ...Nah. It was a nice experience and the product does have very elegant and sleek packaging, but I will most likely not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

If I use this in the morning my face looks greasy so I've tended to use it in the evening instead (and I have normal/dry mature skin to begin with). It's OK and there was a smooth clearness to my skin when I first started using it but then I developed a spot right on my cheek...
I reckon it might work really well for someone with drier skin than mine, but I'm sticking to my Perfectionist CP serum which I find awesome.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No