April 16, 2014 | 1724 users online

BB Cream - Bobbi Brown - BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Fills a need during a humid NJ summer but that's it. I wear Sand in BB foundation and the Light is the best match but not quite there (a little lighter). I have to use moisturizer first for this to look decent but a caution - let the moisturizer sink in for a while or it will pill. No reason to pay this astronomical price for something so lame as this. I'm going to stick to my regular 35spf moisturizer with a sheer pat of Skin Foundation. Looks much nicer and does a more effective job.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

For those complaining about it turning their skin into an oily mess what products are you using before applying the bb cream? I noticed that if I applied my Boscia antioxident serum followed by Bobbi Brown Vitamin Base cream and then her bb cream I'm an oily mess at the end of the day If I just stick to the Vitamin Face Base then I'm matte and oil free all day. Its about testing what works with the bb cream and what doesn't. First off I was shocked that med to dark worked well with my 'Golden' (in bobbi brown foundation) skintone. At first I was a little taken back by the intial application I was looking a little pale. But I allowed the product to oxidize a bit on my skin and viola....a perfect match. When I apply over my bb vitamin face base there is no need to set it with powder because it gives me a nice soft matte finish. It nicely diffuses the faint acne scarring I have along my jawline and my large pores become a non-issue. I've been using this for a month and my skin hasn't resorted to angry acne in response. I also have Smashbox bb cream as well and I rotate between these two because they both provide different looks. SB is more glowy while BB is matte on my oily/combo skin. Both give great coverage but overall I enjoy BB because I don't have to set it with powder like I need to with SB. I will definitely re-purchase this lovely again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this a couple of weeks ago and have been using it everyday since.

I use the Medium shade which is absolutely perfect for medium warm skin tones like mine. Prior to this I used Lancome's BB cream and the greyish shade it came in was just awful. The only thing I like better about the Lancome BB cream is that it has SPF50 which this one just has SPF35.

This BB cream has a great consistency as it leaves a nice matt finish. I can use it on its own, or top with a light dusting of loose powder on my t-zone. As the other reviewers have mentioned, for best results make sure you blend it in quickly after you apply it. So put a small amount in one area, blend, then do the same for each area of your face.

I'm very happy with this product and will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by hootie2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It is very moisturizing. Won't work with my oily skin. Light is a good match for nc/nw 20. Coverage is sheer. Good luck

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by RIX

I stopped wearing BB foundations a couple of years ago as i identified they were flaring my skin up (acne). I was given a sample of the light BB cream SPF 35 to try and thought i would see how it faired. Nice colour match to my skin tone, yellow based (i wear sand / warm sand foundation in BB), smoothed skin, but was a liitle too matte for me. Their are oil absorbing powders apparently in the product and i prefer a more luminous finish. I also found the texture a little gluey (sticky) perhaps just the way i applied it - i would say if you are happy to use your fingers/ hand as a brush / stipple or otherwise made me apply too much. Not sure whether i would buy actual product but thats what samples are for!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by beenieweenie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was a big fat fail for me. I was expecting to love it based on the reviews but I can't say anything good about it. It was greasy, yet highlighted every dry patch on my face, broke me out, minimal coverage. The palest shade was almost pale enough for my NC10 skin but still a little dark. I washed it off after a few hours. But I patch tested a spot near my hairline and I got a pimple the next day, but my skin is very reactive. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by kloud04

This is my first BB cream and I am in heaven. I ordered this through Nordstrom but it is now available on her actual site.
Pros:
I am so very very oily and this product actually lives up to the hype. Oil control and no breakouts are what I look for in a foundation. The SPF is nice but I care more about breakouts and oil. This has caused zero breakouts. I really did not think this would control my oil but it does! I do not have to blot for at least four hours and that is really good for me considering I live in a super high humidity where it has been 105. I am sure if I was indoors all day I would not have to blot at all.
I also love the fact that this does not oxidize on my skin. I have such a hard time with foundations and even bronzers because they change colors throughout the day. The color "light" is spot on for my skin. It blends in like silk. I apply a tiny amount of the cream and work it into my skin and then set it with BB pale yellow pressed powder. The yellow tone of the BB cream is great at covering redness. These two products work perfectly together. I received several compliments on my skin the first day I wore this stuff. It does not even look like you are wearing makeup. I do not think I have ever had a product that matches my skin so PERFECTLY! My mother now wants to order some for herself.
Con- The only con I find with this product is the price tag. I hope that this lasts me for some time because the tube looks rather small. I for one do not have a problem with buying expensive items if I know that they work for my skin so I will suck it up and repurchase.
* I also hope this helps the appearance of my skin (tone and health i guess) over time.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by OnePerfectPicture

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product! Nice match for my skin. Good coverage. I use powder for a more finished look. Love to SPF 35!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Im Asian w yellow undertones, light to medium, nc30. I give this 4.5 stars because it's pricier than other BB creams.
I've tried and researched a lot of BB creams and most of them come in just one shade or their shades have a slight grey tone to them. I've been using Bobbi's foundations and tinted moisturizer since her line came out many years ago. Sometimes I stray because her makeup is overpriced IMO, but I always bite the bullet and come back because her colors match me perfectly.
I saw that Nordstroms was selling her new BB cream online only. I normally wear natural to natural tan 4.0-4.25 in her foundation and the SA online matched me to Medium in the BB cream. It's perfect! I use a pea sized amount and it gives me good coverage, long wearing and blends into my skin perfectly, no grey or pink tones. Despite her high prices, Bobbi Browns face makeup is my HG.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite BB cream! I have the shade Fair and it matches my NC25 skin without any gray cast whatsoever. I have oily skin and this acts as my primer, moisturizer and sunscreen in one. Love how is has SPF 35. I find that this provides medium coverage once built up. It is very natural looking, people often can't believe that I'm wearing makeup and give me compliments on my "skin". It's quick to throw on in the mornings, I apply it with my fingers and I find I don't have to reapply, although I will have to use a blotting sheet halfway through the day. I don't need to powder over it due to it not being a dewy or shiny finish, although I usually do just because I like to "set" everything and like a matte face. And the best part is that it does not break me out. It is a pain having to order this online, and it is a bit pricey, but absolutely worth it.