December 20, 2014 | 1557 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

already used one up, and bought a new one. this is my favorite drugstore foundation. this truly lives up to its name - my skin really feels healthy. it feels moisturizing and hides my dry patches on the tip of my nose. mind you, i have oily skin, but i LOVE this foundation because it's feels nourishing on my skin yet lasts up to 12 hours. it is easily blended across my face because it is a gel formula. the coverage is light to medium so you need a concealer over it, but on days when you don't feel like applying heavy makeup on your skin, this foundation is what you would go for. not to mention it also gives a really healthy, radiant glow to your skin. this foundation outshines my chanel vitalumiere aqua, since the latter has poor lasting power on my oily skin, feels greasy and is a pain in the butt to apply (you gotta shake it very thoroughly before each use or else you'll get a separated gunk of oil and water on your hand). will repurchase this definitely.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by tashab17

When I was using this foundation I thought it was great. As with all their products it smells lovely and fresh.

I don't think the coverage is that good and I found my face actually went quite shiny by the end of the day.

I would definitely recommend it for people who have normal skin and no acne. It would be a great foundation for you - but not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by watercute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I said I would repurchase because I have in the past, but potentially wouldn't again as have since found a better foundation for my skin type. However this foundation is good, good pale yellow based shades (even if they do oxidise a bit when they've settled on skin). The only problems I really had with this foundation was it's staying power and the strong apricot smell. Most people like the smell, I never see the point of fragrance in makeup. It's another unnecessary chemical and at the end of the day why does a foundation need to smell of apricot.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Sethrin

I wouldn't buy this again.

The texture is nice (I don't think it's gel-like at all, just a light liquid foundation) and so is the smell (although in my opinion a truly good product should never be scented), but it doesn't last long at all.

My skin isn't too bad, but the coverage this gives me is barely there and after a few hours it's gone - much like the money that was in my wallet before I decided to buy this from all the "rave reviews" on youtube.

Not great in my opinion and leaves my combination skin quite dry.

Can't wait for it to run out so I can try something new with actual coverage. I used to love the Revlon Botafirm foundation, but can't get Revlon in Switzerland and they test on animals, so I'd rather try an animal-friendly product next.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by juzitou89

I really like this foundation. I am usually a MAC NC 15, MUFE HD 117 or 115 depending on the mood of my skin. I am using the lightest shade which I believe is 51 Vanille Claire, and it matches my skin quite well.
It feels like a second skin when put on, you can barely feel it on you. The coverage is good given how light-weight it is. I would say it's sheer-medium coverage, you would need concealer to cover problematic areas (I do not recommend the concealer from the same series). The foundation also smells great. It smooths out fine lines and pores wonderfully.
Lasting power is not the best, it does get a bit shiny and fades a little towards the end of the day, but a run to refresh would do the trick.
This is a great daily foundation, it doesn't clog pores or cause more problems than we already have.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Hwomack10

Oh healthy mix serum WHAT to do with you...I paid about the same as I would for MAC after hearing all the hullabaloo about this miracle foundation, and YES it looks great, covers, and is suitable for my dry sensitive skin. That being said, this stuff only lasts MAYBE 4 hours. Then leaves me looking lackluster and barefaced. Poo. What to try next...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Sandraabde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this foundation. definitely covered most of my flaws, with a great added scent and nice texture. never left lines or that caked face image. my only thing is the price. I feel like I finished through the bottle faster than id like to, and paying 34 dollars isn't a thing I wanna keep doing. the pump never gave out all of the formula, so scooping your brush in is a must!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Well in Canada bourjois can only be found in selected shoppers drug mart and they're super expensive compared to the prices in the UK - almost about $30 CDN. But I really wanted to try them and I'm glad I did. This foundation didn't oxidize on my skin and gave me great medium coverage. It didn't break me out and it had a nice scent. It was a nice consistency and it was easy to apply with my fingers. This is one of my most favourite drugstore foundation line for sure. But I think I like the bourjois 10 hour sleep foundation more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE:
So I just finished using the regular Healthy Mix, and I have to say for my particular skin type (dry to combo), I prefer the Serum version a lot more. The regular is a just a tiny bit more matte and sat on my skin a bit, but not in a horrible way. It doesn't look cakey unless on a bad day when my skin is crazy dry and flaky, but generally looked pretty good. I just like the satin, glowy look that the serum gives me. I would say if your skin is on the drier side, definitely go for the serum one. If your skin is oily to combo, go for the regular as the serum one can make your skin dewy over time (unless you like that look). As for the coverage, I felt that they weren't too different. The regular covers just a LITTLE bit more, but is not as layerable as the serum one.
-----

I really liked this foundation. I used the whole bottle, and I just ordered the regular healthy mix because asos.com is out of stock on this serum one. I am looking forward to using the regular healthy mix as well, and will update this review comparing the two.

This serum one is like a liquidy gel, and goes on and blends into the skin very very easily and nicely. I don't use brushes or sponges to apply makeup and I found that this one blends nicely with fingers too. What I do with foundations generally is rub my fingers together to heat them, pump some foundation onto my fingertips, rub them again so they spread and heat/melt, and rub rub rub into the face in circular motions starting out from the center of my face.

I found the yellowyness(?) helps very well with concealing the redness around my nose without needing extra concealer on top. Coverage is light, but buildable. I love the super natural satin finish that is neither matte or dewy, but I would say it leans towards dewy, especially during summertime. My skin is not oily at all, but this foundation makes me look a little bit shiny around the t-zone after a few hours. But it's more like very well-moisturized skin look, which I like, so I do not powder. The lasting power is not so great; it probably lasted about 4~5 hours on my skin during the summer. But if you were to reapply on top, it never looks cakey which is a huge plus.

Overall, I think it's a great foundation given the price point. ASOS sometimes has 30% off certain beauty products and carry Bourjois products, and it's free ship + return, so those of you living in the US should definitely check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by yekateryna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best foundation! Great quality, perfect coverage. Definite must have.