Ladies, these brushes are so incredible. I absolutely love these. I have purchased so many brushes including MAC and SIGMA. These are an incredible value. I ordered all of mine from iherb and with the code QLV352 you get ten dollars off!!
What a fabulous set of brushes! I love and use each and every one of these regularly, and I'm extremely glad I made this purchase.
Reasonably priced for 4 high-quality brushes with an excellent, practical case, this collection is totally worth it. Here are my short, individual reviews of each brush:
- Detailer brush: This is a helpful little brush for precise application for spots, lips, and even for highlighting the inner corner of the eye or the cupid's bow.
- Pointed foundation brush: Useless for foundation, in my opinion, but perfect for concealer. I just spritz it with a touch of water, and then use it to dab the concealer under my eyes, using my finger and the brush for a flawless finish. It's really gentle and soft, and I find that I've removed any tugging from my under-eye area during concealer application thanks to this brush.
- Contour brush: This is a brush I have a bit of a problem with, but I do like to use this with highlight powders, it's very good for a nice, concentrated highlight. This is also good for applying the contour powder or bronzer (I guess, I don't wear it much myself), but not for blending it out... atleast not for me. But still, a five-star brush! I've also seen some people use it as a concealer brush, this isn't for me, but I've never been too good at applying concealer with a fuller brush.
- Buffing brush: The star of this collection! There is nothing this brush can't fix or do. Foundation, blusher, bronzer... it's a blending star for that flawless, natural looking face. Applying make-up has become really stress-free for me, I think this is one of those products that makes applying product really easy regardless of the product, the make-up artists's theory that a superior brush even makes not-so-expensive products look expensive. This has been my experience with this brush.
These are super easy to clean, super-soft, taklon-bristle brushes that do not shed at all, hold product well and are just all round stars! Could not recommend them any more!
FANTASTIC brushes. Every model I have used these on has commented on how soft they feel on the skin. Not only that but they spread, buff, and layer product flawlessly. I have washed these many times and have yet to see even one brush hair shed. To top everything off these are super affordable. To be honest I would pay triple how much these cost if I had to.
Plus the case they come in can be converted into a brush stand which is handy and super cute!
The main reason I bought this set was that I needed a contouring brush. I actually wanted an angled contouring brush but thought I get 4 different brushes at a price I'd probably pay for one angled contouring brush made by some other brand, and all these good reviews on MUA about these... I'll give it a try. Delightfully I discovered these brushes are indeed great.
I discovered what a wonderful tool is a concealer brush - I never used one, but it's so great for putting the concealer to just the right place under my eyes and I only need really tiny bit of product with this.
The contouring brush is the right size for my small face and gets the job done.
The buffing brush made me understand why buffing is great. I go over my foundation quickly with it to eliminate any concrete lines and it's great. I used to have an E.L.F. buffing brush which was too big for my face, flat, and I never really "got it". The right size and the dome shape makes all the difference. Also, the bristles are more dense and at the same time softer.
The foundation brush is the least favourite of the bunch and I haven't really used it so far.
Shape wise I would have preferred if the brushes had these typical narrowing end handles, these flat ones are a bit inconvenient to slide into the rubber band holder and into the case.
These brushes truely live up to the hype. All four do not shed. None of them scratch. Comes with a handy travel case which I use as a stand to dry my brushes.
- These brushes were cheap off iherb.com. Australia is so expensive!!!!! $5 off Coupon code: ZEH931 ($10 off purchase if you spend over $40)
-The FLAT TOP is great for foundation. I use my RT expert brush when this is dirty. I prefer this one than Sedona Lace's flat top.
- CONTOUR brush is super soft so I tend to pinch the brush while contouring. You can use this brush for blush if you have small cheek bones like me.
- CONCEALER brush is small and precise. I use this for concealer or cream eye shadows/base. The handle is super thin too.
- FOUNDATION/Paddle brush is my least fav. It's quite small and has a pointed tip. It's not as dense as Sigma's foundation brush. I used to use this for undereye concealer but then forgot about it.
Oh my god. Where do I start with these brushes? They are hands down the best brand of brushes that I have ever used and are the first thing I turn for my everyday makeup. I mainly use mac, sigma and Chanel brushes but I came across these after watching sam and nic's YouTube channel and I haven't looked back! They are the softest brushes and when washed they return back to looking like brand new and having had mine for over six months they still look and feel great. Since having this collection I've had to buy other brushes from Sam Chapman because they are so so good!
This was my first purchase from Real Techniques and what led me to buy other brushes in her line. It consists of 4 brushes with gold-colored, lightweight ferrules: Buffing, Contour, Detailer, and Pointed Foundation, all for under $20. The first 2 I use everyday for buffing in foundation and blush, respectively. I have literally shunned all other face brushes for these (including brushes that are 2-3x as expensive) and I bought another set so I can rotate them.
* The Buffing Brush is mostly flat-topped with rounded edges and applies powder foundation perfectly. It always seems to pick up the right amount and the brush itself is soft and comfortable on my skin.
* The Contour Brush is kind of an elongated, slightly tapered dome shape and on the small size, which I prefer for applying blush--it lets me have control over where I place it on my face. I usually use a light circular motion to apply.
* The Detailer Brush hurt when I tried using it on the skin around my eyes [for concealer and to apply powder e/s to my lower lashline]. However, I think I'll keep it as a lip brush since it seems to have the right amount of stiffness and give.
* The Pointed Foundation Brush is the real head-scratcher of the bunch, though. It's too small for applying liquid or cream foundation, but it's too big to use for concealer. Love the pointed shape, just not the size. If you only like to apply foundation to small patches of your face maybe it'll work, otherwise...I just can't figure out what to do with this one.
As for the carrying case, I really like it. I use it in its stand-up/easel form to dry my brushes by insert them upside-down. Then, turn them every so often and they're done! I've never had a problem with them drying flat on one side even if I forget to turn them b/c it's really easy to fluff them back up once they're dry. Also, for synthetic brushes, which are notorious for taking forever to dry, these don't take any longer than my natural bristled brushes. They sure as heck don't shed anywhere near as much as others do. I think one finally gave up a single hair, but otherwise they're still going strong. I considered knocking off a lippie for the Pointed Foundation Brush, but given the quality and price and the fact that I actually bought another set gives this brush set a 5. continued >>
So the three (Core/eye/travel) sets are the only ones available to the majority of Canada.
I picked up this one, and I fell in love. Flat out!
So mainly the buffing and the contour brush were what totally blew me away.
The buffing brush is fantastic for blending out my foundation, or setting a powder.
The contour brush I love for blush (in particular my Tarte blushes.) or contouring, of course. It's shape and the way it picks up pigment is flawless.
The other two, I've not found as many uses for however: I dislike dirtying or using my hands if I am going to be out all day with foundation, if I am in a rush. With the pointed foundation brush, I will dot my liquid foundation all over my face before I blend it out with a Shiseido brush (if it is a hard formula) or if it is a more liquid formula, i will use the buffing brush.
It's nice, and I did pick up another set. $5 per brush in Canada is an impossible deal to find.
Oh wow, I've had these brushes a week and two of them are my favourite brushes EVER! I have MAC, Ecotools, Sigma and other various brands but Real Techniques beats them all hands down. Even though they sell them in Boots I still ordered them on iherb.com because I was getting a Mint Julepe facemask (must review this soon) and it actually worked out cheaper.
I am in love with the Buffing Brush - my foundation has never looked so good, this beats the flat topped Sigma F80 because it is slightly softer but also less dense, so there is no streaks and really feels like the product is being buffed into the skin. The next brush I love is the Contour brush. You could easily use this brush for highlighting or for blush but I love what it is was designed for. I used this brush with my NARS Laguna Bronzer - contouring my temple, cheekbones and jawline - the effect is amazing. The foundation brush, like every other reviewer has said is waaay too small for foundation, you wont realize how small until you see it. I might start using this for concealer on days I wash my Real Techniques Setting Brush. Also the Concealer Brush is tiny - might use this as a smudge brush for eyeliner.
Even if I don't get much use out of the latter two brushes, the Buffing Brush and the Contouring Brush completely make up for this. Would be delighted these were sold separately...but until then, I would repurchase this set.
I am SO happy I bought this brush set! I actually bought a brush set for 17.99$ at Fred Meyers, and I got this brush, a contouring brush, a flat foundation brush, and a tiny concealer brush. I love them all! I love that I can use them with liquids OR powder. They all work phenomenal, but this is definitely my most used brush. This makes my foundation look airbrushed. I have used it with a few different types of foundation, so i know it's the brush that does all the work! I'm currently using MAC's Prolong Wear Foundation, and this is just amazing;. I love that I can use it everyday and that foundation doesn't gunk up in the brush and cause streaking etc. It's good to wash your brushes once a week, but with a hectic schedule I can't always do that and this still blends like it's brand new. This brush blows my MAC 187 stippling brush out of the water, it doesn't shed unlike my MAC brush, and it's just all together a much better brush for foundation. I always get compliments on my foundation when I use this brush, and I def notice the difference when I don't. My HOLY grail of all brushes. Do yourself a big favor and buy this set now!